Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,695 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect (26362 Views)

Deceased Stowaway Discovered On KLM Flight From Lagos (photo) / FG Bars Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Others / Hailstones Shattered Chinese Airlines Airbus A380 Aircraft's Windscreen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by PotatoSalad(m): 10:25am On May 21, 2020
If you have the opportunity to stand beside this thing, please do. It's biggg.
Marvel of engineering

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by GEEBITE: 10:50am On May 21, 2020
This is one of the cleanest threads on Nairaland,please don't let us pollute it with insults and drag the motley crew out of their shells.
kingreign:

Every airline can be made to understand go a programme called 'customization'.
Let's leave it this way. I won't wanna go long into it.

2 Likes

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 11:19am On May 21, 2020
uzoma213:
it would be hard for that to happen because the a380 makes up most of their fleet. They even have orders that are yet to be delivered grin
They’ve scrapped almost 40 already to be used as parts supply for the over 70 left. they plan on retiring all too, just that there’s might take a bit longer.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by alicetaylor: 11:46am On May 21, 2020
Air France-KLM has today announced the “definitive end” of the French carrier's Airbus A380 operations. ... Air France-KLM says the impact of the A380 phase-out write-down is estimated at €500 million and will be booked in the second quarter of 2020. The fleet is powered by Engine Alliance GP7200 engines.

download showbox
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by kingreign(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2020
GEEBITE:
This is one of the cleanest threads on Nairaland,please don't let us pollute it with insults and drag the motley crew out of their shells.
Meaning?
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by seunlayi(m): 12:13pm On May 21, 2020
J111333:
If and after Emirates Airlines terminate their own fleet of A380, that will be the end of the beautiful giant bird.

Just like the Concord, the world will surely miss A380. cry
glad to see you contenting first on a thread. Thanks for the other time. God bless
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Marpol: 12:16pm On May 21, 2020
Ayemileto:

Emirates do fill it up in their flight between Dubai and Oman.

Also between Dubai and UK. That's why they have over 100 of that plane.

Also, the passenger limit is around 500 - 600 for most airlines due to 3 seating configuration and some other features (like the onboard bar and shower in the Emirates own).

The 800 passengers stuff is only for an all economy seating arrangement, not a 3 seating configuration of first class, business class and economy.

Emirates is cancelling their remaining orders with Airbus for the A380. Smaller planes are the future and covid 19 is not helping matters as the future of air travel is in jeopardy with all these global lockdown.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by SocialJustice: 12:43pm On May 21, 2020
gurunlocker:
Hope they won't refurbish and send it to the 3rd world or developing countries?
I'm not sure any airport in Africa can take the A380, maybe south Africa.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Zane2point4(m): 12:52pm On May 21, 2020
J111333:
If and after Emirates Airlines terminate their own fleet of A380, that will be the end of the beautiful giant bird.

Qatar and many airliners has it.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by junketer(m): 12:53pm On May 21, 2020
maxiuc:
have you flown both Aircrafts

Airbus is more better than beoing

Dreamliner is no match to A320

Onboard Airbus there's less noise but in boeing you feel every throttle and noise
How can you compare the 787 dreamliner to A320? Just like someone here on second page comparing the A380 to 737. I have flown on the dreamliner and the A320 and A321, there is no comparison here bro. Not only is the dreamliner more quiet and comfortable, you also don't feel the turbulence much and you don't feel like you've been on plane when you get off a dreamliner. The only competion the dreamliner has is the A350-900 and the 1000 models. The dreamliner is the reason the A380 project is over. That's why airbus put everything into the newest A350-1000 to have a plane that can compete with the dreamliner in comfort, range, and fuel usage. Now boeing says the 777X will even be better.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Zane2point4(m): 12:55pm On May 21, 2020
Babatunde40:
I ave never entered an Airbus. But I have entered boeing and those smaller propeller engines planes. If you have entered an Airbus, let me know how it's like
Very very steady and u will feel secured,it has two decks,you can stay up or down,it has 4 engines as against 2,so you'll feel invulnerable.

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by junketer(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2020
SocialJustice:
I'm not sure any airport in Africa can take the A380, maybe south Africa.
i have seen it many times in johannesburg international. Also the 747-8 is beast.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by SocialJustice: 1:04pm On May 21, 2020
junketer:
i have seen it many times in johannesburg international. Also the 747-8 is beast.
Nice, sad I didn't fly in one before the phase out.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 21, 2020
Zane2point4:

Very very steady and u will feel secured,it has two decks,you can stay up or down,it has 4 engines as against 2,so you'll feel invulnerable.
He asked what an airbus is like and you making it sound like all airbus models are double decked with four engines. You should at least state the model you’ve boarded.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Zane2point4(m): 1:14pm On May 21, 2020
TUANKU:

For example Qatar has plans to fly the A380 long after that mostly for Hajj and other special hauls which is why they have a in-house team of technicians trained for that purpose.
I deh always fly that qatar own,only the interrior b like building. grin

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Zane2point4(m): 1:18pm On May 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

He asked what an airbus is like and you making it sound like all airbus models are double decked with four engines. You should at least state the model you’ve boarded.
Is there really an airbus without quad engines?
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Jeff68: 2:18pm On May 21, 2020
U CAN'T COMPARE A380 TO 787! ONLY BOEING PLANE YOU CAN COMPARE TO A380 IS THE 747-8. YES IT'S ALL ABOUT ECONOMICS NOT SAFETY!!

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by GEEBITE: 2:31pm On May 21, 2020
I mean a lot of knowledgeable folks are on commenting on this thread.Which is a deviation from most topics on NL. Even when we need to disagree lets keep insults out of it.Once insults start to flow,then the thread will be derailed.
kingreign:

Meaning?
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by junketer(m): 2:33pm On May 21, 2020
SocialJustice:
Nice, sad I didn't fly in one before the phase out.
me too. I am also hoping to fly on the 747 before the passenger version is all gone.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 21, 2020
Zane2point4:

wawu so you’ve been talking what you know little or nothing about.

Airbus is an airplane manufacturer with several models
There’s A220, a320, a330,a350, a380(being discussed on this thread) only the a380 got quad engines the rest are twin. Note that these models vary in size and capacity with a380 being the largest.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by SocialJustice: 2:43pm On May 21, 2020
junketer:
me too. I am also hoping to fly on the 747 before the passenger version is all gone.
BA flies it into Nigeria but you know their price is big man price but worth it.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Zane2point4(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
wawu so you’ve been talking what you know little or nothing about.

Airbus is an airplane manufacturer with several models
There’s A220, a320, a330,a350, a380(being discussed on this thread) only the a380 got quad engines the rest are twin. Note that these models vary in size and capacity with a380 being the largest.
Baba we're talking strictly about airbus A380 here,and thats what the guy asked abt.
I hv flown on the A380 from qatar hamad airport to beiulyn airport china for like 6yrs now,and i like sitting where i cn view the wings,so na 4 engines on the 380.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 21, 2020
Zane2point4:

Baba we're talking strictly about airbus A380 here,and thats what the guy asked abt.
I hv flown on the A380 from qatar hamad airport to beiulyn airport china for like 6yrs now,and i like sitting where i cn view the wings,so na 4 engines on the 380.
My point exactly, you should have clarified that in your initial post. Saying airbus has 4 engines is misinforming, you even went ahead to ask if there’s any airbus without quad engines.

It’s like asking if there’s any Benz without 8 cylinder engine just because I rode in an S class.
You catch.
Zane2point4:

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by sirabbey(m): 3:00pm On May 21, 2020
Babatunde40:
I ave never entered an Airbus. But I have entered boeing and those smaller propeller engines planes. If you have entered an Airbus, let me know how it's like

An AirBus is more comfortable than a Boeing. It is better suited for long haul travel, as you would hardly feel the constrain of the journey.

1 Like

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Zane2point4(m): 3:31pm On May 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

My point exactly, you should have clarified that in your initial post. Saying airbus has 4 engines is misinforming, you even went ahead to ask if there’s any airbus without quad engines.

It’s like asking if there’s any Benz without 8 cylinder engine just because I rode in an S class.
You catch.
If there's any A380 without 4 engines,i don re phrase am grin
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by kingreign(m): 4:10pm On May 21, 2020
GEEBITE:
I mean a lot of knowledgeable folks are on commenting on this thread.Which is a deviation from most topics on NL. Even when we need to disagree lets keep insults out of it.Once insults start to flow,then the thread will be derailed.
Please, check and highlight the part I insulted anyone.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by iykmon: 4:23pm On May 21, 2020
J111333:

Honestly the world will miss this giant bird. Air stability is superb.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by pquaver(m): 4:32pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Airbuses are very expensive to purchase and maintain, although they have the lowest plane crash rates.

Deutsche Technologie ist immer teuer aber zuverlässig.. Wie der Flugzeug, so betrifft es alle Geräte, die beim deutsches Unternehmen hergestellt sind.

Deutsche ist Technologie und Technologie ist deutsche. Schönen Tag Leute..
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by iykmon: 4:38pm On May 21, 2020

1 Share

Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by ProfAmaben(m): 5:23pm On May 21, 2020
pquaver:

Deutsche Technologie ist immer teuer aber zuverlässig.. Wie der Flugzeug, so betrifft es alle Geräte, die beim deutsches Unternehmen hergestellt sind.

Deutsche ist Technologie und Technologie ist deutsche. Schönen Tag Leute..
ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, Freut mich, dich kennenzulernen
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by CaptainStephen(m): 5:29pm On May 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
the problem with it is unlike the 747 the A380 wasn’t designed with the flexibility to handle cargo. Most 747s are now used for cargo, you can easily load it, be it from the rear, sides and even Nose.
Yeah, Airbus crafts are designed with lifestyle in mind unlike the Boeing work horses mehn look at the 737s today.
Re: Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 21, 2020
Zane2point4:

If there's any A380 without 4 engines,i don re phrase am grin
wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Terminal of the Port Harcourt International Airport due for commission Thurs / Abia Airport: Ground Breaking Ceremony To Hold Next Month / Nigerian Man Narrates His Ordeal After Wife Went Into Labour At Toronto Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.