Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force (45527 Views)

Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 / Trucks Of Illegal Immigrants From Niger Republic Intercepted In Kogi. Photos / Two Trucks Of Fulanis Intercepted At A Military Checkpoint In Cross River.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by 2gbasky22(m): 8:13am On May 21, 2020
No fewer than 11 trucks conveying Almajiri’s into Cross River State have been intercepted at the Gakem-Benue border in Bekwarra Local Government Area of the state.

Cross River Government in collaboration with Peace Corps Nigeria intercepted and sent back the 11 trucks carrying Quoranic education pupils “Almajiri” at the Gakem-Benue border in the state.

Head of the taskforce team at the border, Mr Omang-Idiege, told Vanguard on telephone, yesterday that the trucks were turned back at Gakem-Benue border for carrying large numbers of Almajiri against the inter-state lockdown order of the Federal Government.

Idiege, who is the state Commissioner for Youth Development and Skill Acquisition said the 11 trucks were sent back to their places of origin between May 4 to 17, adding that the taskforce had continued to maintain a steady presence at the border.

Idiege said it was the desire of Governor Ben Ayade, to ensure that the state remain Covid-19 free, hence the effective border surveillance.

“President Mohammadu Buhari had announced an interstate lockdown of persons not on essential duties, I wonder why we keep being confronted with trucks at the Gakem-Benue border conveying Almajirai.

“We will not succumb to any form of challenge or gratification to allow any passenger vehicle or truck conveying Almajirai entrance into the state,” he said.

He commended Ayade for his enforcement strategies and directives that have kept the state Covid-19 free since the outbreak of the pandemic in Nigeria.

On his part, Commandant of Peace Corps Nigeria, Dr Dominic Okweche, said that the Corps was driven by passion to protect Cross River borders against the Covid-19 pandemic.

Okweche said that he has deployed over 100 Peace Corps personnel across the state since the Covid-19 taskforce was inaugurated.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/task-force-team-intercepts-11-trucks-of-almajirai-entering-criver/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by BlackSpanner: 8:48am On May 21, 2020
This guys have a hidden agenda. I am of the view that all south south and south east Governors should come together to tackle this ticking time bomb.
Let's learn to be proactive and not reactive.

I watched a video on Channels TV some days back when the Army intercepted 35 buses conveying 400 of such people. And looking closely, those guys are not those street begging kids. They are matured guys.

I think the northerners are cooking something and have a sinister plan.

344 Likes 25 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by RZArecta(m): 9:29am On May 21, 2020
These terrorists claiming Almajiri hide behind the constitution to move about during the inter state lockdown, let’s all be mad together

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by jidamsel43(m): 9:48am On May 21, 2020
What is the true mission of the Almajarai in Nigeria.
Northern Nigeria should stand as a sovereign country . This will solve half of Nigeria problems

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by SouthNigerian: 10:02am On May 21, 2020
BlackSpanner:
This guys have a hidden agenda. I am of the view that all south south and south east Governors should come together to tackle this ticking time bomb.
Let's learn to be proactive and not reactive.

I watched a video on Channels TV some days back when the Army intercepted 35 buses conveying 400 of such people. And looking closely, those guys are not those street begging kids. They are matured guys.

I think the northerners are cooking something and have a sinister plan.

So you guys are woke?

Yo calling on SS & SE Governors to join hands in defeating the imported jihady fighters grin

Go check my previous comments, if the whole South refuse to Unite at this time... ya all gonna cry hard for been stubborn & arrogant. Your children's children will mount curses on you for refusing to swallow your pride & embrace one another.

The only safe path for the South (SW, SS to the SE) is to join hands together to fight this war looming on our lands.

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2020
SouthNigerian:

So you guys are woke?

Yo calling on SS & SE Governors to join hands in defeating the imported jihady fighters grin

Go check my previous comments, if the whole South refuse to Unite at this time... ya all gonna cry hard for been stubborn & arrogant. Your children's children will mount curses on you for refusing to swallow your pride & embrace one another.

The only safe path for the South (SW, SS to the SE) is to join hands together to fight this war looming on our lands.
What are we joining hands for sad
Every region should take care of itself.The SE can take in all the almajiris for all I care.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Slawormir: 10:26am On May 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Send them back
Bunch of Moda fuckkkers
Nobody is above the inter state lockdown directives from the generallisimo

Send them back and if possible burn the godamnn truck

That reminds me of wike the real niggarr

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by OsuIgboIpob: 10:26am On May 21, 2020
cheesy

Nigeria is in trouble with these people shocked

Thank God lockdown is exposing them.
This is how they troop in and encroach on other people's territories EVERY DAY!

WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE LIKE THIS?

CURSED BASTĄRDS!!!

THEY MARRY ANYHOW
GIVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN ANYHOW LIKE PIGS and expects other people to take care of the children for them.
SEND them back with immediate effect!
Something must be encouraging them... I blame people that give them money...

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Zchi1052(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2020
This is insane country,
Let it not be what am thinking
The North in the name of almajiri and the failed one Nigeria might be deploying those people on purpose

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Racoon(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2020
shocked 11 gini? What the heck! There is obviously a grand plot by the north.Enough of this one Nigeria nonsense.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Monaco2(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2020
Wetin dem Dey find na?!? Dey should remain up north shuoo angry, not even 1 truck o 11 nawa. Delta state repatriated two trucks last week na only God know Wetin these northerners Dey plan

12 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by ProfAmaben(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2020
When Sanusi spoke against this, he was insulted, now they are constituting nuisance everywhere they go.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Nobody: 10:27am On May 21, 2020
These people stubborn Sha. They should stay back up north where they are raised for electoral purposes.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by oyewale0001(m): 10:27am On May 21, 2020
It is well.
Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by gurunlocker: 10:27am On May 21, 2020
They just want cross River to record index case grin

3 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Nicklaus619(m): 10:28am On May 21, 2020
sad
But this is absolute madness, there must be an absolute hidden agenda, this repeated action of these foolish northern leaders can't be ordinary

4 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by DirtyGold: 10:28am On May 21, 2020
Almajiri allocations cheesy
When you don't care about what's going wrong with your neighbour, when fire catches, expect that your house will be affected as well

We all die here!

What's tha business?

4 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by eyinjuege: 10:28am On May 21, 2020
What do they mean by 11 trucks?
Is this a joke or something?

3 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by wiseone28: 10:29am On May 21, 2020
When interstate lockdown is rested what will happen shocked

5 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by nurez305(m): 10:29am On May 21, 2020
I don't understand why they were been called Almajiri and been denied by most government to enter their stay... Are they not Nigerian or are they different from me and you ?

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by ut47(m): 10:29am On May 21, 2020
when will this nonsense stop na

4 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Nobody: 10:29am On May 21, 2020
Buhary cannot tame his brothers.. See how they are drawing the fight against Covik One-Nine backwards. These people are a curse to progress.

The army general is a woman who is begging sheCow to surrender.

Instead of killing or capturing him.

8 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by SouthNigerian: 10:29am On May 21, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

What are we joining hands for sad
Every region should take care of itself.The SE can take in all the almajiris for all I care.

Smh... Yo bereft of understanding.

Meanwhile, am very careful with people I reply here... too many imposters posing as Yorubas & Ibos, you just might be one.

23 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by TruthSpeaker: 10:30am On May 21, 2020
What makes these kids think that leaving their state of origin at this crucial time will guarantee them a bright future? They still look innocent for now, but for how long will they remain harmless? They might end up being potent vectors for the spread of COVID-19. I still keep wondering who sponsors their trip.
Useless Aboki dey like born plenty children like livestock, but shortly after they abandon them.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Monaco2(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2020
Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by ForeThinker: 10:30am On May 21, 2020
Anyone who lives whithin their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
Re: 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force by Noblebrown7(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2020
Sleeper agents in another form...

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emirates Airline Introduce Diamond Coated Aeroplane (photos) / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry / Air Peace Receives New 165-Seater Boeing 737-800 Aircraft (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.