Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,487 members, 7,801,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Education Na Scam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Na Scam (205 Views)

A Nairalander's Perspective On "School Na Scam" / School Na Scam!!! / School Na Scam, When They Never Had The Education! Please Solve This (mr Shape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education Na Scam by Profayo: 12:13pm On May 21, 2020
Out of the world's top 100 richest men, none works for the government, none works for other people.They all have their own businesses.You cannot be salary earner and be a millionaire....this looks like words taken out of the mouth of a "motivational speaker" or rather advocates of stupendous wealth being the zenith of human achievement.

The statement above often comes with an accompanying rider; "academic excellence is over rated" and a tête-à-tète with many young people will confirm the above sentiments.

Without doubt, riches and opulence are truly desirable and affluence can be orgasmic, however are they a true measure of any human achievements?

This unprecedented time the world is at the moment has unravelled several realities one of which is that fact that the world looks up to the brilliant scientists, the dedicated health workers, the foot soldiers and many other seemingly uncelebrated jobs to drag us out of the covid-19 pandemic.Not even the billionaires can keep the world clock ticking at this time.

The nobel lauretes, men and women of great intelligence whose inventions have transcended generations and whose discoveries their full spectrum are yet unexplored were never among the richest.Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa won't be remembered for their riches but will forever be remembered as symbols of heroism and humanity.

Don't be bullied for being academically sound because some people with inferiority complex says that your academic prowess will not translate to financial prowess.Don't be pressured into any business solely because of it's financial rewards.I will rather be mentioned in the same breath as Alexander Fleming, Marie Curie,Muhammad Khwarizmi than being the world richest man.

On a final note, will it make me richer? is not the best question to ask when taking a decison, rather it will it make me better? Will it make me happy? Will I maximise my potentials?

(1) (Reply)

50 Years After The Biafra/civil War / Gateway Polytechnic Saapade Hnd & Post-utme Admission Form 2020/2021 Session / July 2020 Aci Dealing Certificate And Frm Levels 1&2 Training Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.