Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg (58089 Views)

Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg / Yields Rush To Rescue One Of World’s Worst Stock Markets / Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr Isoright
investment is a future. These investors know that the future is bright for Nigerians And Nigeria is gonna be bright in the future
No matter what we are passing through right now Nigeria Will be great There is always light and fire at the extreme end of our weed
Oh! Sorry! I mean There is always light at the end of the tunnel We can't give up at this moment. God bless Nigeria
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

But if you had heard that investors were fleeing in droves you wouldn't wait for proof before dancing skelewu.

Seeing is believing my dear. We should stop living in the shadows and keep living in reality
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by traihit: 5:03pm On May 21, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Nigerian like rejoicing stupidity

Bond is a means of borrowing money and giving the lenders guaranteed intrest after limited time,

the Article says investors interested in our bond market (better said people willing to borrow us money) are rushing Nigeria because they know 2020 would be the year we would have the highest deficit (deficit meaning we not being able to finance our budget or meet up with recurrent and capital expenditure) while 98% of our income would go to service existing loan after oil price dropped our earnings

So in laymans term, loan sharks and international gbomulalantern are trooping to Nigeria because they know without Oil we would be forced to borrow money from them or die of hunger

International gbomulelantarn! well done sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by maybet081: 5:15pm On May 21, 2020
if the Report from Bloomberg is reliable then am happy for my country,in view of such viable economic prospect for Nigeria pls can experts here tell us where and how to invest at this time to harness those prospects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Champneys: 5:22pm On May 21, 2020
Investors rush to Nigeria...........
Very soon, they will rush out.
Anything they see, they should take it like that!
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 21, 2020
who are they tryna fool? grin
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by RuggedSniper: 5:51pm On May 21, 2020
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by don3e(m): 5:56pm On May 21, 2020
Get it clear. The Op is only using financial terms or should I say financial jargon to tell us to be prepared cos' we are now living on debt. Hence, investors now see Our beloved country as a place of sure bet for their investment.
But God will disappoint them....we will raise again. Let us pray for our country and leaders
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 21, 2020
Audio rush
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by djon78(m): 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
RTSC:
$1 =1230 South Korean won.

This is the same South Korea that has Hyundai, LG and Samsung and export heavily.

$1=500 naira.

Both nobody will say Nigeria is half as developed as South Korea.

The CBN should focus on the fundamental.

Electricity, infrastructure.

Once that happens, manufacturing investments will pour in and it is the FG that will even look to artificially weaken the naira themselves, just to favour more exports.

You dey mind them.

Sometimes I ask whether this people running our economy, the value of there education.
What you highlighted is the solution.

But I don't even think this people really want Nigeria to industrialise.

An industrialised Nigeria will not suffer fools gladly. There will be more enlightenment and better standard of living and more Nigerias will know there right. And it will be hard for touts, fat cats ripping off the system to climb political power. So they don't want an industrialised Nigeria. It will be enemical to there interests.

They want the darkness, poverty to continue in perpetuation.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by 1deca: 7:04pm On May 21, 2020
Gaggii:

Are you high?

I already wrote my name in the book of life In nysc camp
Nysc keh, I'm talking about the eternal life sir. God will help us all
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Wiseoldman: 7:10pm On May 21, 2020
BENARI:
ok
Still don't understand. What are they rushing to come and Do?

There is more money to be made in emerging economies. Everybody knows this except the citizens of the emerging country.

Very funny...

The land is green!
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Wiseoldman: 7:21pm On May 21, 2020
You all can share in the common wealth of this great country, the Federal Government's Sukuk Bonds are out at 11+%

Contact you bank or stock broker.

This means with small 50M, I can get 5.5+M every year for 7 years without lifting a finger.

Minimum subscription is 10k I think, so everybody can join.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by NaMeAboki: 8:10pm On May 21, 2020
Bad news for our home grown enemies of this country - many will have stroke or heart attack by now. cheesy grin
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by 44kings: 8:17pm On May 21, 2020
why don’t I see a good enough reason for this level of optimism?!
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Legendguru: 8:24pm On May 21, 2020
really
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Mayeldah(m): 8:25pm On May 21, 2020
They are urging us on even when they know that our debt keeps rising.

I guess these investors are loan companies who wants to lends us more until our debt to income ratio nears 95%

In the long run Buhari and his age grade rushing to borrow more won't be around in a few years to come to pay the loan.

I guess our national assembly is sleeping.

A good economy is one driven by industrialization and more export of processed goods than funding 34.3% of our Year national budget through debts.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by techliteup: 9:15pm On May 21, 2020
LOSKYXANDER:
Another audio fact. Na only for paper Nigerian economy dey improve angry
Kia lol na the country, and our leaders no won get shame
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Chicastle: 9:28pm On May 21, 2020
Stop posting anything you see Op.

Who would move down in to a country that lacks almost 90% of electricity supply?

Electricity is the engine drive of industrialization.

So how do people rush down here to invest

Well, I guess you mean corona investors
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Germi9: 10:06pm On May 21, 2020
sunshineV:

Berger,5k
he cost o
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by streetfabulous: 10:57pm On May 21, 2020
I really don't know the fundamentals these investors are banking on but there is still a lot to be cautious about. I question the resolve to keep spending intact in the revised budget, asides the savings from subsidy cost, are these no other areas to reduces expenses for a budget that is often about 80% recurrent expenditure? I still believe Govt can tighten their belts in some areas so that we can further reduce the 5.4 trillion deficit they intend to finance by debt. I mean, the report projects a drop of 80% in oil revenue and given the increased borrowing, there is the potential of using up to 96% of govt revenue on interest payment. This is a red flag. The govt must review their spendings and priotize cost cutting over deficit financing. Yes, there may still be deficit to finance but I believe we can reduce that figure by first probing and managing to reduce recurrent expenditure. Anyway if foreign investors really believe Nigeria's sovereign debt is worth holding as indicated by the 520 basis point drop in cost credit default protection, then I guess there is a little to be positive about.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by sunshineV(f): 4:49am On May 22, 2020
Germi9:

he cost o

Haba haba haba
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Germi9: 8:20am On May 22, 2020
sunshineV:

Haba haba haba
yes na
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Nobody: 11:40am On May 22, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

investment is a future.
These investors know that the future is bright for Nigerians
And Nigeria is gonna be bright in the future

No matter what we are passing through right now
Nigeria Will be great
There is always light and fire at the extreme end of our weed

Oh! Sorry! I mean
There is always light at the end of the tunnel
We can't give up at this moment.
God bless Nigeria

Ta, I rebuke that statement. Pray for yourself, not for the nation. Nigeria is what it is
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by AFONJACOW(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2020
Rushing to buy up the remaining assets the fossil president is willing to aution to them before he retires back to Duara/Sudan to enjoy his loot... In next 10yrs Abacha loots will fade out we will be hearing Bullhari loots buhari foriegn assets
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by akinsam2: 1:51pm On May 22, 2020
Do you know that #100 Airtime U Buy Can Earn U ₦#2 Per Second, 60 Seconds = ₦#120; 1Hour = #7,200; 24Hours =₦#172,800.

INTERESTED
SayHi on WhatsApp
Zero eight zero 6 8 three three seven six 0 5

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bara Finance. Legit Or Scam? Share Experiences / MMM May Not Survive This Week – Help Provider / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.