Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Should I Expose Them? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Expose Them? (54831 Views)

An Expose On The Skills That Attract Highest Income / Is Their Any Processional Course That Can Expose Someone To Social Works.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Expose Them? by spartanguyman: 7:16pm On May 21, 2020
My two cents.
I don't know what your faith is, but if you really believe in God, that is a good thing. Know that no good deed goes without a reward. Even if you don't believe in God, what is the right thing to do? This woman is nice to you all, this is the least you could do for her. Doing the right thing doesn't always pay, I know, but it doesn't mean we should stop doing them. Saying the truth might cost you your job, but I want you to be that guy who saw wrong I never stood by it; who was a guardian angel to this poor woman and didn't care if he's the only one standing for the truth. I assure you that this is satisfying in itself. You don't need any reward do the right thing and this is the right thing to do. I'll stop.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by IamPlato(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business
you Are Not A Wise Person
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Edusouls(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2020
You are corrupt and shady, so he should keep quiet and mind his business so they bankrupt the firm, you ain’t a Good person just know that so tomorrow don’t say someone didn’t tell you..
Fabulouzjoseph:
For me minding your business is the best.
Na thief they know im fellow thief grin you might incriminate yourself while trying to report them undecided

I have seen where people put their self in trouble for trying to help others.

in simi's voice: mind your business wether you no like am mind your business.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by SyndyB(m): 7:17pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Na thief they know im fellow thief grin you might incriminate yourself while trying to report them undecided

That business could be yours. You may want to employ people to work for you tomorrow, hope you will enjoy such insincerity?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Faithful4real(m): 7:17pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business
Report to the appropriate authority. You said you are a Christian, in this case you have an opinion to do the right thing. Don't care about what people think of you.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Rilwayne001: 7:17pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do
NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.

You're the God-fearing type and yet to open your eyes while your fellow human is being hurt when you know quite well you can stop her from getting hurt?

Which God do you fear please? OGUN LAKAAYE? LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 21, 2020
Ignorant they said is consent....

Tell your madam because it will save your job and her business too, even if it eventually lead to a sack ,your integrity and credibility will win a better job for you.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by xeundun(m): 7:18pm On May 21, 2020
Please this is not the best

There is need for escalation.
You are like goalkeeper
Do the needful now before it is too late.
Collect enough evidence to justify yourself
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Beedude(m): 7:18pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:

If u have a business, u wont say this.
At the end of the day, if salary aren't coming regularly, same people will come online to tag the owner as HEARTLESS BOSS

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by DarkJeddi(m): 7:19pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

either ways you are going to hurt people.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business.
Mind his business?
You think by not telling on them he is minding his business?
What happens when the business goes into bankruptcy and he loses his job?
When is it not his business if his livelihood is involved? angry
Re: Should I Expose Them? by mikeuz(m): 7:21pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

What you easily relate to, shows the kind of person you are. Instead of doing the right thing, your are inclining to this, let the woman come to harm first, her tears and pains will bring you tears and pain. Nonsense
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Ayemileto(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:
Reminds me of my experience as an Industrial Training (I T) Student 300 L second semester Engineering student back then in an oil company in Bayelsa state.

After the HR processing, (medical, swimming test etc) for new intakes i was posted to Community Relations Department of the company and met my supervisor and HOD.

Two weeks into my job, my supervisor had to go on a compulsory 2 weeks leave and I was recommended for his temporary replacement given my exemplary leadership disposition. On my first day as the new supervisor in charge of ensuring all the speedboats to and fro the Rig are fueled and issued safety gadgets, I discovered a massive undercover deal between my supervisor, the company's boat drivers and the Beach Master running into several hundreds of thousands if not millions daily.

So, what happened next?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Modikko(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2020
This is where your integrity would be at stake. For me I would rather report them if I have concrete evidence to back my claim and prove to the Boss. They say 99 days for the thief 1 day for the owner, when it eventually backfires I am not sure this your colleagues will absolve you. They may even frame you. So act fast. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by adadike(f): 7:24pm On May 21, 2020
Nwokem, ke aju n'ume and expose them. I can't believe that you will sit idle and let something bad happen to a good woman. Your benefactor at that. Haba! I tire for all this ' Okorobia amu nmili ' wey full nairaland .
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Africankel(m): 7:25pm On May 21, 2020
Anyone telling you to mind your business is a thief!

Go ahead and report the incidence to your boss (with evidence). And damn the consequences. A good name is better than gold.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Beedude(m): 7:25pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Please dont mind ur business. Anyone who rob another should pay the price. Don't let an innocent and kind person suffer for the actions of some thieves. So many people are feeding and surviving thru the company. Just do ur part in a discrete way. Drop hints on how things are without revealing ur identity. If they arrested or sacked, u aren't the cause. Their actions did
Re: Should I Expose Them? by gabicon: 7:25pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

The best approach will be to apply technology to money inflow and outflow. You have to be careful on reporting them because there is power in numbers, they can gangup against you.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by ibkayee(f): 7:25pm On May 21, 2020
Sounds like you're guilty by way of willful ignorance, you may not directly be involved but you can probably still be held liable. They clearly don't have you in mind when doing these dubious deeds so why should you consider them? At this point, they're taking the piss. I'd report them if I were you, shit is going to hit the fan at some point whether you report them or not at this point, you may as well save yourself

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by TonyBankz(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2020
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
These are the type of people a whole account manager is coming to Nairaland to ask for advise
Stupid advise they'd give you that'd land you inside hot water
Tell me, does this one look like he has ever worked in a corporate environment, speak less of understanding the intricacies of the work place?
Nigerian men are irredeemably foolish
modafuckin fassyhole bombomclat lady g-string yuh dun kno wen tuh drink up water nd mind ur rass bizness..mi nuh corporate mawn a’mi a real time streeti business fuckin mawn dressed up inna 3 piece suit nd tie mi nuh need corporate environment nd miss rassclot dat pics ya put up right dia a whia pics of 4 years ago a’long time ago yuh gun poo poo inna ya shitty pants wen ya see mi inna mi suit nd tie wit mi dreadlock as a RASTA MAWN...be warned up bby gyal nd mind up ur bizness
Re: Should I Expose Them? by JVector: 7:28pm On May 21, 2020
This is not a matter of God fearing.
Your job in that organization is to track fund inflow and outflow.
If anything goes wrong, you will be held responsible and termed an accomplice.
Develop means of checkmating them, then brief your MD of the problem and present your solution.
No need of attacking the suspects by your MD, just block the leakage.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by dammyzee1(m): 7:29pm On May 21, 2020
I will advice you to tell you boss, so that she can investigate the matter and also she shouldn't let them know you where the one who informed her....
Re: Should I Expose Them? by chronique(m): 7:31pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Why not suggest to the MD that she hires an auditor to audit the company's books and accounts. Just tell her you don't feel something is right and you think the audit is necessary so you guys don't get out of business.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Callertunez: 7:31pm On May 21, 2020
report man... if you can go anonymous on that, cool enough. just be subtle about it so you don't get into sh!t yourself. no need to advice those people stealing, na dat way you go take get problem because them go see you as a threat and they will always try to be a step ahead of you. just low key expose them.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by buffRalph: 7:31pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

if na you get the business and your workers dey scam you of your hard earned earnings, hope u wont mind too.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by don4real18(m): 7:32pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15
Sooner or later, the truth might be revealed and if you don't report the wrongdoings now, your colleagues might implicate you. It might be your words against theirs if they tell the authorities that you partook in the fraud. So, it's better you make a formal report over the matter.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by olumide4christ: 7:32pm On May 21, 2020
AreaFada2:

From the replies to your post it's obvious Nigeria will always go backwards.

There are too many thieves without conscience. Now I can see why most businesses diaspora people start in 9ja to create jobs and give back to our people fail. Quite revealing.

Op, you are not fully honest too. You are more concerned about joblessness than the way roguish employees are stealing from her. Or you have also been doing yours low key.

Do people who steal recklessly not deserve jail time? Someone is advising you that if reported those thieves will lose their jobs. In China they would be shot like they thoroughly deserve.

Is it those thieves you will now make governors or ministers and expect to spare our money?

Largely Nigerians deserve their poverty. I only feel sorry for the few innocent ones.
Mind your business my ass.

An "uneducated" woman can get wise one day. If auditors are eventually called in, do you think you as the accountant have no case to answer? shocked

Well done.. you hit the nail on the head!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Abbeylanre15:

Brother, I hate to say this, but YOU ARE NOT GOD FEARING. The only thing you fear is your belly (by extension, Mammon) and men!

Remember the story of Joseph in the bible? How can you do such a wicked thing and watch these people steal the money that has been kept under your watch as the Chief Accountant? Silence in a lot of cases can be a form of consent. He that is not faithful in little things will never be handed greater things - well, unless you serve ifa and not the Almighty God.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by 5ircreepy(m): 7:37pm On May 21, 2020
Make sure you have enough evidence to back up the allegations before reporting tho...
Re: Should I Expose Them? by xavier047: 7:38pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

either ways you are going to hurt people.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business.

This is a very selfish advice to give and in no way does it help anybody who wants to do the right thing.

You have succeeded in other words to advice the OP to look the other way and a helpless woman is been robbed off her sweat.

@Op, my two cents are to look for discreet avenues (EFCC, audits, close confidant of the owner etc.) and get the information to her ears. If you are clean and somehow get accused or loose your job, be pleased that your conscience is clean and you did the right thing.

I can assure you that providence will ensure you are rewarded one way or the other and you will be vindicated in the sight of God.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 21, 2020
you are useless accountant, you should be fired

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Burgcudi(m): 7:38pm On May 21, 2020
What is your concern?. He that keep shot his mouth keep himself away from trouble.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Pot-Bellied Nigerian Police Officers: Police Commission Worried / Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? / Lagos Police Officer With A Bottle Of Beer In Public Arrested. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.