Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Should I Expose Them? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Expose Them? (54836 Views)

An Expose On The Skills That Attract Highest Income / Is Their Any Processional Course That Can Expose Someone To Social Works.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Neef2018: 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
What do you think could happen if you report to your boss?
You think she wont appreciate you more?
There is nothing wrong with making enemies to leverage yourself to a higher rank in your organization.
im sure if you are the one stealing, they'd have reported you tay tay....
report them and save the company and you will be forever treasured
and if you get fired...it will save you bigger stress and you wont be having issues with efcc or such in the future...
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Mikefem(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
You are in charge of finance which means your position is strategic and should not be compromised. If you report shows your competency and if you don't and are caught bro, you will not only be sacked for being incompetent but as an accomplice especially if one of them indicts you. So, do the needful and apply wisdom. Maybe look for someone your MD hold in esteem and divulge info with proof.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by pippimp(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
Expose them? In Nigeria? You wan die?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
All those saying "mind your business", one day your house will be on fire, or armed robbers and thieves will be scaling your fence or patrolling your yard, or similarly corrupt employees will be eating up your investment, and your neighbours and workers will see it, but they will mind their businesses by the grace of God. Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 21, 2020
Those people that are saying mind your business ,are the same that will will hailed EFCC whenever they go after yahoo boys.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by TonyBankz(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2020
My mawn mind ur business!!! No say i nuh tell yuh
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Kelejonz: 6:15pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business

Report the mutherkaz
Re: Should I Expose Them? by shugabasbn: 6:15pm On May 21, 2020
I worked with one private organization while in Lag, the woman is educated but highly trustworthy n she trust people like nonpolutted Angel. Having got admission I left the company just like a year after those people that took over just bastardized n badly siphoned the woman money. She called that I should help her monitor financial n other expenses in our head office coz I was working as head of finance unit, omo when I started auditing kai, those people embezzled in millions and high thousands that I could never believed.
Funnily they are young n highly religious people. Since then I never trust any Nigerian.
The company that was booming collapsed, the innocent ones lost their jobs, the woman became bankrupted.
It is painful n disturbing. And those guys are still living big. Eventhough they cut them n able to collect residual cash from them. They used Jesus n God becloud the woman n she accepted.
She nearly got divorced, she can't longer do normal things she used to do again.
Anytime I see the pictures of those idiots n always curse them.
Please Broz, safe the woman future tell her in a coded manner.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by adubam(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2020
As a Chartered Accountant, I experienced such when I newly got employed in a particular job. I immediately exposed them to the M.D. Auditor was invited and also confirmed such. Office politics played out because one of the staff was oga's wife padi padi. Las Las I was even disgraced and accused of blackmailing the oga's wife padi padi. That was how the persons in questions were promoted and had fat salaries above me for exposing fraud. All I knew was that my conscience was cleared and they knew I understood my job and knew how to apply strict internal control measures. Fraud stopped forever there after that event.

Expose them even if it would cost you your job.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by joshepade(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business
Please, don't be too convinced by the advice of minding your business.
If you are really God-fearing, and you have good conscience, you will find a way of saving that old woman from trauma and impending heart attack.
God hates it, when we are silent about such, it's like we are equally join them
Re: Should I Expose Them? by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 6:15pm On May 21, 2020
Leave the idiot
simple things that require common sense, they won't use critical thinking to see to do what is right but they'd come rushing to nairaland to seek for advise
For the mere fact that he's the account manager, that should be enough motivation to expose his colleague's unscrupulous activities because when it is discovered that money is being tampered with, he'd be the only person that'd be blamed
Account manager with zero sense
Does he think claiming innocence would save him in such an event? Not only would he lose his job for being an irresponsible and clueless account manager, he'd probably be thrown into prison for theft because he's in charge of all the monies that come into the organision therefore he should be able to account for any missing money
Corruption and complacency has eaten deep into Nigeria and her citizens that people do not even do what is ethically right anymore
spartan117:

You are the finance manager for God's sake!
It's your duty to report them.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Ryocaj(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2020
Mind ur business.. But for d way u described her as very nice.. Hint her that she needs to learn Aw to audit reports coz its dangerous if she doesn't know aw to do it.. that it could ruin her business.. make her understand d consequences without implicating anyone..
Re: Should I Expose Them? by West2019(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
For me minding your business is the best.
Na thief they know im fellow thief grin you might incriminate yourself while trying to report them undecided
I have seen where people put their self in trouble for trying to help others.

in simi's voice: mind your business wether you no like am mind your business.
you are a bad person , I pray make u own a company and ur workers are doing this to u
Re: Should I Expose Them? by alfredilly: 6:16pm On May 21, 2020
Warn your colleague to desist from their inhuman act by threaten to expose them if they persist. However, be sure that taking this step won't endanger your safety as some people can start planning to harm whoever stand between them and their wicked behaviour. Make your colleague understand the need evil inherent in such act and the consequences. Also, be sure you have a record of the conversation you have with them in case they plan to act smart by implicating you. If they fail to heed your warning, you should go ahead and expose them with detail evidences.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by andyanders: 6:17pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Listen very carefully. Some people here are advising you to mind your business and forget those stealing the money. If the business goes down and this woman you refer to an illitrate, will surely be advised by someone to get an external auditor to check the record of her a/c. The whole money stolen will be exposed. You as the a/c officer will be the first to be arrested.

Do this; since you know those involved, approach them one by one and have the conversation recorded with your device hidden. Meet your boss/madam and inform her what is going on. If you fail to take action now, no matter how innocent you are or sound, you cannot exonerate yourself from it if the whole deal bursts. Be bold to report.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by ehinmowo: 6:17pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

But this woman is too nice to everyone of us for her to suffer such fate. What if she goes bankrupt? We will all find another job,but she will be left alone to lick her wound

You must let her know. But you can't tell her directly. If she has an educated hubby, kid, or any other family member, tell that one. Tell him/her that the company should employ an external accountant to come and audit the company.

If she has no educated person. Tell her that she needs to employ an external accountant to come and check the company's account. No matter how they force you , do not say more than that. And let her know that even this idea of external auditor should remain with her alone until the day of implementation.

Nigerians are criminals. It is the same attitude they are using to run the country aground. If you know something and you do not say, you are culpable (read EFCC Act). But you must do in such a way that it does not bounce back to you. Your colleagues could set you up. You have made the first mistake of warning them. That was a big mistake. Do no make another one.

Don't mind some criminals here on Nairaland who are dissuading from doing the right. Talking nonsense about minding your business. How more could this be your business? A place where you get your daily bread.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Godwin616: 6:18pm On May 21, 2020
moscobabs:
I was in your shoe before,I exposed them but the result didn't end well.

Send private message to your madam to invite Auditor to your company,then help Auditor to unravel the loopholes.
A brilliant idea.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Samuels90: 6:18pm On May 21, 2020
From their comments you will know who the average thinking Nigerian is. Truly, Nigerians deserve the kind of govt/politicians they get, the difference is just the opportunity to get the same power the politicians hold. OP find a way to let the Mgt bring in an auditor, I think that's best.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by DWJOBScom(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Of all the advice given this was the one you chose??
Re: Should I Expose Them? by verifiedlegacy: 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
moscobabs:

Send private message to your madam to invite Auditor to your company,then help Auditor to unravel the loopholes.

op follow thus advice pls.

if u do it yourself u will attract enemies..
if u don't ,as d accountant, karma will await u somewhere with it's double portion..

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.

If you have evidence of their deeds you can go ahead and report them. But if you don't , it will backfire . Your role is a very delicate role. If that company is audited, it will land you into trouble since you are the accountant, the whole blame will be on you. When i was working with audit firm, sometimes accountants do lose their jobs because of our work. It does not really matter who's stealiing the company's money, what counts is the responsibility that has been entrusted into your care. Do the necessary thing before the necessary thing do you.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Trampy: 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
Mind your business as long as u are not part of them. Been a snitch it a rat is a suicide mission.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Joshforeal: 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
moscobabs:

This is the best advice @ Op. Naija no be where dem dey snitch openly ooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Onlinebar: 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
Keep piling up the evidence if you can

It's not worth it exposing them without being asked

Start looking for another job
Re: Should I Expose Them? by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
These are the type of people a whole account manager is coming to Nairaland to ask for advise
Stupid advise they'd give you that'd land you inside hot water
Tell me, does this one look like he has ever worked in a corporate environment, speak less of understanding the intricacies of the work place?
Nigerian men are irredeemably foolish
TonyBankz:
My mawn mind ur business!!! No say i nuh tell yuh

3 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Ytea(f): 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
Op, one time like that, someone I know was in charge of managing ppl, money and finances. The workers under him lavished funds, mostly behind his back and few he knew he tried to warn. When the secret became open to the bosses, it's the person I know that was arrested and charged to court. Not any of the other workers.
God will grant you wisdom to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by emmyrate1(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.
you are in charge of all accounts meaning u know all about the theft going on, my dear it's just a matter of time before all the secrete will be expose. And if that happens u are the real thief cus u didn't raise alarm . Police will hold u responsible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by alfredilly: 6:20pm On May 21, 2020
Warn your colleague to desist from their inhuman act by threaten to expose them if they persist. However, be sure that taking this step won't endanger your safety as some people can start planning to harm whoever stand between them and their wicked behaviour. Make your colleague understand the need evil inherent in such act and the consequences. Also, be sure you have a record of the conversation you have with them in case they plan to act smart by implicating you. If they fail to heed your warning, you should go ahead and expose them with detailed evidences.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Agugbadin: 6:20pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

But this woman is too nice to everyone of us for her to suffer such fate. What if she goes bankrupt? We will all find another job,but she will be left alone to lick her wound

Drop an anonymous letter for her or outsiders to pose as investigating officer s
Re: Should I Expose Them? by ffo(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Please don't listen to such advise, it is wrong, you owe it a duty as a God fearing man to say the truth and expose, you are at risk of being tagged as corrupt if somebody else reports them or if security agencies gets involved. You will also a culprit
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 21, 2020
bammo:

Mumu

i ghaghi inwu

Did you read all my comments before you start commenting?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Such a feeble, easily convinced mind you got there!
its your life!
But don't come back here crying when everything crashes due to your so called "mind your business"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Pot-Bellied Nigerian Police Officers: Police Commission Worried / Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? / Lagos Police Officer With A Bottle Of Beer In Public Arrested. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.