Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Should I Expose Them? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Expose Them? (54838 Views)

An Expose On The Skills That Attract Highest Income / Is Their Any Processional Course That Can Expose Someone To Social Works.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Expose Them? by salaza: 6:31pm On May 21, 2020
I believe you know the concert of whistle blowing. If you don't do anything about the business soon you will loose your Job soon. Besides if it was your businesses what would have preferred.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by nextstep(m): 6:31pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.
If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

either ways you are going to hurt people.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business.

I think the co-workers doing the stealing are the ones who decided to put themselves and family in trouble. It's a choice they made, and as the accounts person, it's your job to inform the owner. You were not hired to protect thieves.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by stanliwise(m): 6:31pm On May 21, 2020
rolams:

You better stay in your lane, there is a lot of gain in minding your business. Expose them and all of you get sacked!
There is a twist. If the company goes bankrupt and he loss his job and his prospect then it is his business. The original question is - is it worth the risk?
I would not really. Best thing to do is to give the Boss some idea on how to protect her business. Not mentioning name or revealing anything or suspicion. If the boss buys the idea then fine it works.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by KendrickAyomide: 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
You be snitch na.. Go talk. rat
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Sotland: 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
Why do you people cover up evil in the name of MIND YOUR BUSINESS. Now if finally the madam goes bankrupt, who is hurt? The madam is hurt the most as well as him who refuses to expose the illicit activities of the evil employees.He will lose his job and back to the street looking for new job..

Madam is hurt
He is hurt
Every other innocent one is hurt
Everyone loses his or her job

This is collateral damage/ hurt..

My advice; devise a way to tell your madam, since you said she is a very nice person. Do not allow her fall, it's more evil.

Fabulouzjoseph:
Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Sarkin: 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
skyfather09:
No snitching... first rule.
that's street rule not fvcking corporate rule!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by pocohantas(f): 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
I don’t know how you can stay here and play “clueless”. As far as I am concerned, you are no different from them.

If you are the accountant, it means every financial transaction is routed through you- thus making you an authorizer. If they are siphoning cash, it isn’t rocket science that the cash at bank is being manipulated or someone is covering these shortages. That person is you.

This thing is not as hard as you make it seem, considering you can easily say “this money is not complete, I won’t do this/that till it is complete”.

In two seconds everything will burst.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Godwin616: 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
rolams:

You better stay in your lane, there is a lot of gain in minding your business. Expose them and all of you get sacked!
Staying on his lane is not safe either. If the fraud eventually blown open, his job too is not guaranteed .By the virtue of his position he is expected to block such a loophole as the head of Finance. It will be seen as incompetency on his part. The best thing is to let the External Auditors do their work and discover the fraud themselves.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 21, 2020
You better report before you are seeing as an accomplice. Take my advice and improve your credibility or wait and go down with them.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by joepepsy(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2020
Amen to that
braveheart77:

When u start your business and the same thing happen, people that could save your business will mind their business!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Terver90: 6:35pm On May 21, 2020
Wicked
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Success1975: 6:35pm On May 21, 2020
There is a sacrifice to make if you choose to report them or you choose to keep mute while iniquity thrives. If you speak up, your friends may lose their job or their freedom by ending up in jail, thereby saving the woman loses. But be sure of this fact that your friends will come after you either physically or spiritually or even both. And when you refuse to speak up, you may likely lose your job, your freedom as well because if the boss discovers after the company eventual collapse, she will come after you the accountant and those thieves. And your conscience will forever hunt you for been silent. I have been in these kind of problem before. I chose to speak up, I lost my friends forever. They see me as a betrayal and saboteur. Even one of them is doing so well now that he keeps his entire family away from me. Buy I know that one day he'll realise I was not bad to him but only chose to do the right thing, which I am grateful to God for taking d side of righteousness.
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business
don't be a fool. Do not be a fool. You are in charge of the company's finances. If the company goes down because of financial issue, it is because someone was not doing their Job which they are being paid for... Guess who? YOU... that would also make you a thief because you are getting paid for a job you are not doing at all. Yes... You are a thief because you know there is a leak and refused to do anything about it. If you block that leakage and those people get fired, it is because they brought it upon themselves. You do realize that if she eventually somehow finds out about the stealing and she decides to make arrests, you will also be arrested and be in bigger trouble and thereby soiling your image right? You better do your job. It is not easy to start a business. It takes a lot of sweat and hard work and finances. If the business shuts down, this woman will be left with a lot of losses and debts. Those thieves on the other hand will get other jobs but will she easily start another business? Keeping quiet is repaying her good with evil and you will be as guilty and evil as the thieves.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by slowice(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.

Op you are not God fearing so stop lying to yourself.... If you really are you would act as such.
You re simply looking for a good reason to turn a blind eye and that puts you in the level as your thieving colleagues or even worse.
You are guilty already... You said she is a good woman, is this what she gets for being a good boss? I trust you ll ve a change of heart and speedily do the needful. Heaven is counting on you so don't disgrace your God and yourself
Re: Should I Expose Them? by kiddkash(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

to those your colleagues, you have to be be bad guy.
call them into your office turn by turn and tell them you have enough proof that they have stolen from the M.D
if any of them tries it again, they all go to jail. don't make empty threat.
have the proof stored somewhere.

also show them tat if the company goes bankrupt, it would be difficult for them to get jobs elsewhere
as they would ask for reference from their previous place of work, if they find out that they are thieves,
no one would hire them anymore. also report to your boss codedly.

so that she will find a calm manner of handling the situation.

If they hate you, it normal. someone has to be the bad guy

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by FGonline: 6:37pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
For me minding your business is the best.
Na thief they know im fellow thief grin you might incriminate yourself while trying to report them undecided

I have seen where people put their self in trouble for trying to help others.

in simi's voice: mind your business wether you no like am mind your business.
u are partial
D truth is that anytime d kasala bost,it will definitely splash on all of dem
Re: Should I Expose Them? by geosegun(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Please don't ignore this use. It is very serious.

What you can do is to directly or indirectly advise your boss on how to block those loopholes. Subtly advise her on how the company can increase/improve revenue base during this Pandemic.

Your Boss will forever appreciate you for this and see you as an intelligent and worthy person. Your mates may not know you did it intentionally, and hence may appreciate you in the long run, when you safe their ash from being kicked. Thereby saving everyone's job including yours'?

If you don't act immediately, all of you may soon be out there looking for jobs that may not there?

All the best.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Sarkin: 6:38pm On May 21, 2020
You are already an accomplice of the crime. The best advise you can get is to tell her now and immediately because if someone else does that before you you'd be part of the people going jobless and straight to prision.
Imagine one of your corrupt colleagues decides to tell and although you never stole, tells her you have knowledge about it but never said anything, because of your role in the company you'd look like the chief criminal.
Use your brain, unfortunately i don't think you would and you'd surely bear the burn.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by talk2aikay(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2020
If you fail to report this or at least stop your colleagues from deliberately ruining another for their own selfish gains, you’re even doing worse than them.

I’m appalled that some people here are asking you to mind your business because you’re going to hurt some criminals who have no qualms hurting another. Don’t listen to them.

You owe it to yourself, your kindhearted and generous MD, and the establishment to expose this fraud.

This good woman has provided you and your colleagues a much needed job, empowered you considerably and the best you guys can pay her back is trying to run her out of business, so that she won’t be able to provide employment to others in the future.

Guy, it behooves on you to do what is right... and fast.

Ask yourself if you would like to be dealt such a hand if you were the md. That crap about hurting the criminals shouldn’t bother you in the least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Happyguy201: 6:39pm On May 21, 2020
I don't understand why it hurts when you bite your tongue by accident and it doesn't hurt when you bite it on purpose.

I also don't understand why you're biting your tongue right now.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Klington: 6:40pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Na thief they know im fellow thief grin you might incriminate yourself while trying to report them undecided

What exactly was he being paid to do?

Watch people steal from the company i guess.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by blaize23: 6:41pm On May 21, 2020
Of course you should expose them, before you will held for aiding and abetting crime
Re: Should I Expose Them? by OasisT: 6:41pm On May 21, 2020
Advise

Watch your back because you are not safe. They know you are a threat to their dealings and by this , they already tag you enemy. So, if you report, they will be ahead of you. From personal experience, the whole matter will turn back at you if you report them to the owner of the company but you can stiffen the internal control to frustrate them out of the evil deeds and the owner will notice what you have done through the blockage of the loosed processes that encourage frauds.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Elgaxton(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

If you don't report them, you are the number 1 culprit.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by gentlemate00: 6:42pm On May 21, 2020
Oga ade you wan mind your business abi here is reason you shouldn't mind your business oooo..Let me ask you those thief you call your friend did you guys started the work together like you have been friend for long time or you met them in the company by virtue of working together well well dem no be ya friend ooo, una just be working colleagues so i will tell you if something happen that will take away those modafucker bread do you honestly think they will stick thier neck for you?
I beg report those modafucker na dem dey make thing hard for average business owners dem wan chop pass person wey employ them.
That is one of Nigeria problem everyone want to take a cut does not matter who is affected and we go dey NL dey shout upanda about politician.
i wan go rest jare.

Abbeylanre15:

2 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Etuagievin(m): 6:42pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:

. Can't we take the bold step to correct rot in a system. The problems we have in this country will persist with this mind your business attitude.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by back2sender: 6:42pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:

Just look at the advice this buffoon ediota is giving?

How can this country grow with thinking like this?

If it's your business will you be happy? A private investor sets up a firm to add value to the society and put foods on the table of alot of family and still yet you are supporting the fleecing of the business by thieves?

May your life bleed the way this woman's business is currently been drained by Vampires of your kind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by blaize23: 6:43pm On May 21, 2020
That was harsh
Zhirinovsky:
You re a wicked and callous person to know all these about the poor woman and still kept quiet, delaying to let her know.

If she goes bankrupt tomorrow, you re culpable!! If they run her company down and she dies of debt or depression, her blood will also be on your hands!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by AkuOlisa: 6:43pm On May 21, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Fabulouzjoseph:

You are not a trustworthy person.
I pray in my life time may I not be unfortunate enough to trust someone like you or have someone like you as a friend.

@op let your conscience lead you.
If truly you are a Godly person do the right thing and leave the rest to God.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Expose Them? by smiliyB(f): 6:43pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

This will be of great help. Thank you sir. U've succeeded in convincing to mind my business
Do the right thing sir, don't follow the nonsense "mind your business" stuff because this is your business. If you fail to do the right thing, it's fine but wait for your own turn. I trust the Universe, it knows how to serve us our very own cup of coffee truly deserve.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by MPESA(m): 6:43pm On May 21, 2020
DenreleDave:

Will u gerraout?

U av never made any sensible comment In ur life

I cry seeing op thinking of take the idiot advice.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Thatsammie(m): 6:43pm On May 21, 2020
Listen and obey the voice of your conscience. Pull the plug no matter whose ox is goad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Pot-Bellied Nigerian Police Officers: Police Commission Worried / Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? / Lagos Police Officer With A Bottle Of Beer In Public Arrested. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.