Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

How Has Your Walk With God Been? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Has Your Walk With God Been? (10307 Views)

Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges! / 10 Things That Can Distract Your Walk With GOD / Do We Need Shoes In Our Walk With God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by DeCleff(m): 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
My dear friends i have a very interesting and faith inspiring testimony of how God used an abstacle ushered in a miracle. A friend of mine whom i met in Lagos in 2008, though both of us are from Port Harcourt. I called her within the first quarter of 2009 only for her to tell me that she lost her mother on february 14th that year due to asthma and that her father was seriously down with the same asthma. I prayed for her on phone and counselled her. On 24th of August that same year was her birthday and her dad's condition was still bad. I typed a birthday text to send to her only to discover that i can't send it due to low credit which became the obstacle. So i decided to pray for her at that moment and while praying for her and her father the Lord showed me something like a human heart, lungs or kidney with a white spot on it and told me this is disease. Filled with power i commanded the disease to die and leave. In september i called her to know the state of dad's condition and guess what! She said the man is completely healed. And i asked how did it happened, if he was taken to the hospital she said no that her dad said that the Lord healed him. What a miracle! I called her on november last year and she declared that since then her dad is completely free from asthma. The Bible says whosoever the Son shall make free is free indeed. Halelujah

2 Likes

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by awa17(f): 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
Truly mine has been on and off, today im very hot and the next im so cold i cant even pray, over the years God has exposed me to alot of hard teachings-discipleship classes, but i dont seem to be able to sit up, im so complacent and distracted and i dont know what else wuld make me sit up! it is a slippery path im treading- i know but i just cant seem to radically get up, and the truth is i am very tired of struggling. i just want it to flowwwww naturally, unhindered.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by skydeexie(m): 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2011
And why worry about the spec in your friend's eyes when you have a log in your own. Matt. 7:3. The right word there is actually "pissed" instead of "teased" and  the spelling "grammar" instead of "grammer".

Thanks for spotting the IROKO TREE in my eyes! I am deeply humbled. That is why we are all our brothers keepers.
Thanks.
Dear Nuella2, no offence intended though.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Liss: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
Waoh, very inspiring tread, Really this is God working o,

I have been asking God to send me people to help increase my faith through testimonies of His faithfulness, what more can this thread be? As I don't often come online this time of day,

Anyway, my walk with God has not been easy but God has been faithful, I only know of a SURETY that I want to remain in His presence all my days,

[quote
For those who from one reason or the other are still expecting something from God, dont loose hope for HE GOES BEFORE YOU ALWAYS!!!
[quote][/quote]

Thanks for this for I have been expecting something from God for about a year now and His response has been "wait", Well, I am waiting and I believe that I'll be sharing a testimony before this year runs out cos He has declared this Year as MY YEAR of gladness!
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by babyme1(f): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
Tears welled up in my eyes while i was going through the posts. I was on fire sometime ago for Christ,but recently i've been so cold. I try praying and studying,but usually falls asleep trying. Sometimes going to church becomes a problem and i know this is not me. The devil does not rest,and after reading this thread,i just promise myself that i must ignite that fire once more or die trying. So help me God.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
awa17:

Truly mine has been on and off, today im very hot and the next im so cold i cant even pray, over the years God has exposed me to alot of hard teachings-discipleship classes, but i dont seem to be able to sit up, im so complacent and distracted and i dont know what else wuld make me sit up! it is a slippery path im treading- i know but i just cant seem to radically get up, and the truth is i am very tired of struggling. i just want it to flowwwww naturally, unhindered.

My dear, life is all about making decisions and standing by them. The righteous could fall but dont stay down, get up and move. Christianity is a race ,with this consciousness, no matter what you face, you will finish the race. The life your living is not your own, someone has bought you, therefore live for him. Dont struggle, cos by strength shall no man prevail,just take advantage of the grace , trust me his grace is sufficient.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by elsirich: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2011
@poster great and inspiring story , I wish many others will see it and be inspired .@degubi great story and same with me.for me its only God and God alone cos He has proved Himself strong and mighty on my behalf over and over all through the years, and i will forever be grateful to Him. I love God
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by wesley80(m): 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
baby.me:

Tears welled up in my eyes while i was going through the posts. I was on fire sometime ago for Christ,but recently i've been so cold. I try praying and studying,but usually falls asleep trying. Sometimes going to church becomes a problem and i know this is not me. The devil does not rest,and after reading this thread,i just promise myself that i must ignite that fire once more or die trying. So help me God.

U just told my story. I'm so ashamed but at the same time so inspired. God bless this thread.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by confetti(f): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ Nuella, Interesting story u have there.

For me, God has really been very faithful. I really must appreciate his mighty hand upon my life. I got born again in J3 but my dad came with persecution though he was a christian, but he didn't understand our new found type of Christianity. I slept outside  couple of times, and after Junior waec, he refused to pay my school fees any more but Guess what? God did a miracle. I went back to my village and stayed at home 2 terms of SS1. In the third term, My uncle saw me one of the days on a school day roaming around and asked why I wasn't in school, Told him my dad's decision and after one week, I resumed school. It happened that my Uncle had to travel to where my family was (A far distance) to talk to my father and knowing my dad, I knew it was only God that changed his mind. This scenario repeated back in the university, God still repeated the same miracle.

Back then in school, I had two cousins who were happening babes. Three of us were always together and they felt I was the "juu" girl and so should be "initiated" into their way of life. Peer pressure u would say. They eventually got a guy for me and the day I was supposed to meet the guy. (after school) someone approached me in school and started preaching to me. After hearing God's word, I didn't go seeing the guy and I never kept the relationship. The miracle is that today, Am the only one alive among the three. Two of them died of HIV- AIDS. I don't know where I would have been if God hadn't pulled me out. Infact, the day the second person died, What dropped in my heart was if not for God, U would have been the next.

Back in University, met a guy whom I never liked but somehow we grew up liking and loving each other. The barrier however was that he wasn't born again which I pointed out to him but he agreed to get born again on the basis we started a relationship but heck, While I see things from bible perspective, He sees them the other way. Well it wasn't easy as I had to choose between him & God. this has been one of the difficult decisions I have made in my life. It wasn't easy but then, I chose God and ended the relationship.

Devil came again, Dude with big money and everybody was like lucky u. yet I couldn't find the happiness in it. kept praying and since I wasn't convinced, I let it go and heck, everybody feels am stupid and all that. But I know I have God's word concerning that and to me, God must be obeyed.

These are few areas I can mention here but I have grown to understand that God doesn't just love me, He is deeply interested in my life as he has shown in the affairs of my life and I will always remain his for this love.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by DARA1234: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2011
It is beautiful to read something as refreshing as this on Nairaland. God bless you all.
I got saved quite early in secondary school after making fun at born again christians and doing my own interesting clubs I succumbed to pressure and attended a school programme there my sinful nature was revealed to me and the need to accept Christ into my life. I gave my life to Christ although I faced a lot of persecution  from my parents God kept me and today most of them are christian's they saw a difference in my life and wanted the same.I love Jesus, I havent been perfect but I pray He will help me be who He wants me to be.
Dont give up the best way to preach Christ is to live the life of Christ; kind, loving, forgiving, not judgmental,prayerful.
Do what Christ will do.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by GentleSoul2: 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
God has been faithful.

Left to me I'd go with the flow but the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (Grace) has been my strength. Temptations all over the place, and the beautiful girls in Nigeria are not making it easy on man. One wonders where they breed 'em girls! It seems the closer one gets to God the more intense temptation becomes. But as a minister of the gospel I cannot afford to look at a woman twice before taking to my heels lest the inevitable happens.

I remember an experience in 2009. I was back in Nigeria and a young lady I had met previously in 2008 before going abroad called from Lagos and asked me to invite her over to Abuja. I almost did but praise be unto God for bailing me out. Now the same lady sits in the congregation where I co-pastor with a friend. We look at each other with this "hmmm" kinda look.

The most challenging to me is lack of enriching fellowship with brethren. Many Christians in my neighborhood are steep in shallowness, and the spiritual "big wigs" are way up and unreachable. May God help us all. Amen!

Thanks for creating this thread.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by simplymee: 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2011
It really has been good. I remember back then in secondary school(boarding house in J-Town) i had been caught up with various abnormalities coming from a little chap unknowing to my parents. I accepted Christ when i thought the message was 'HOT' having specifics in my case. All these things continued under the Radii from my parents until i met a special breed of people in my village that had a friend worth having and worth sharing (JESUS), I accepted Christ in the Village,got baptized and was transformed.
Through school(HIGHER INSTITUTION) it was not easy as i had to hold on against all odds. I went thru Years 1,2&3 without a carry-over and in my Final year, a lecturer failed me due to grudge he had with my H.O.D back then. My course mates went for NYSC then but i did not go. I could not SORT cos it was not in my nature so i re-sat the paper with added courses but with a conviction that the best was yet to come despite pressure from my parents as the first child.
Many said, 'TAKE HEART', my dad compared me with my school mates in d village saying i was a low flier even after my explanations. I looked into the future with hope against pressure as i had been very popular in school and for the sake of the believers in school that became scared that if this GUY can have CARRY OVER, then what would be our LOT. I encouraged them to think and aim higher that mine was just a little mishap that would improve my C.V in the spirit thru time. The said lecturer was suspended by authorities for a FULL semester without Salary after confirming his extortion of students. I passed the exams and have since gone for service(was very awesome) and i am back.
My dad had apologized when he found more about the lecturer and we have moved on. Since that period of my life, i have had reasons to trust GOD more no matter what comes my way.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by ogwumgbe: 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
Thanks for sharing such wonderful and encouraging testimony. To me being born again is the best thing that has ever happened in my life.
Though i confront goliath like challenges often, but my knowledge of the word of God always help me to defeat them whenever the come threathening.
I'd like people to know that being a born again does not mean that life will rosy and free of challenges. NO, but the word of God offers great weapons to
dismantle those challenges. " you are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus."

2 Likes

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Tsun(f): 3:02pm On Jan 18, 2011
Walking with God, happens to be one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I went thru trials last year both in my marriage and at my place of work almost at the same time, if not because of HIS [God] Faithfulness, i wld have bn a dead person. i Bless His Name!!!
HE saw me thru my pregnancy period till i put to bed, HE didn't just leave me there that particular person, that wanted me sacked was the one who got sacked few days ago.

I walked with Him,
I am walking with Him And
Will forever walk with Him,

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by JesusDWay(m): 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
I will want to thank God for saving my soul. As a teenager, i had started to despair of life, wondering what this life is really all about. I had seen futility in all those things we run after and definitely, i didnt wanna live my life like that. So, eventually i got born-again a year after having all those thoughts and for the first time, i didn't have feel despair. I also felt delivered from some things i knew were wrong but just couldn't stop. Its going 12years now and i can say God by His grace through His word has kept me. I never really had the big persecutions as it were but then, what the bible called trials of cruel mockings(mine wasn't so cruel though), people who don't understand why you behave the way you do and stuffs like that. Daily strivings against the allures of the world, remaning faithful to what you know the bible requires and not trying to explain it away(the, it doesn't matter syndrome) but through it all, God has helped me not to give up and one day, my long dream of been in heaven, by God's grace shall be fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by jahofa: 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2011
God has been Awesome tp me dats why i have decided to tag myself as JEHOFA "his all & all" Amen
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by marcus1234: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2011
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by degubi(m): 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
Its humbling to read so many Love stories. God alone deserves the praise.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nvo5(f): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
I thank you, God for fulfill your wonderful purpose in
my life.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by JahMan1: 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
I love this thread.
Guess what,my family was putting down our prayer points for the year(as custom demands) and our 1st prayer point is "Closer walk with God".
The happenings around us points to the fact that we need to be closer to God now than ever, "for the son of man cometh at such an hour that you think not".
My walk with God has been full of battles and victories to the glory of God.

I get thrilled when I share my testimony in any Full Gospel meeting and see faces almost filled with awe.But that is what the Lord can do.I will be unfair to myself and everyone if I start telling my story on this space,as I will not finish my 1st twelve years.
A colleague that was an atheist just shared with me how he came to believe in God.I encouraged him to start witnessing for Christ.Find any Full Gospel Business Men Fellowship International (FGBMFI) chapter and share your testimonies and glorify God as souls turn to God through you.
FGBMFI is not a church but a gathering of christian professionals,where they network,share experiences and encourage one another to live a new and better life.

You can ask any good hotel or eatery around your area the days and time Full gospel meet there and join them.

God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by JimmyBoy1: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2011
Well, I remebering coming out for Altar Call over and over since I started attending pentecostal churches, this was the trend till I got holy ghost baptism in 2004. I never had to to come out for altar call ever since as my salvation hs never been in doubt since then.

However, I have remained a baby christian since then until recently, I perceive a baby chrisitian to be someone who does not know his rights in Christ  nor exercise them.

Gal 4:1- "Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all". Baby christians are saved from eternal damnation, but  they do not know how to possess of everything the father has bequeathed to them according to his riches in the glory.

I had to experience  kind of disaster before i grew up spiritually.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by lokya(f): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2011
For me God has been Faithfull, i had gone through alot name it partly my fault.The Bible says obedience is better than sacrifice. Thank God I ve been redeemed.Dont want to ever go away  from Gods presence again lai lai.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Ranoscky(m): 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
baby.me:

Tears welled up in my eyes while i was going through the posts.
No be lie my sista, same with me!

Nella, God bless you for bringin up this thread, you have really made me question myself on my way of life lately!

Though, my family are christians, but there'r difference between being a christian religion and followin God in the right path. It all started back then in '98 when my uncle came for a visit, so I decided to go back with him. He attends deeper life church, and back then, I don't really like the church, infact, I hate anything pertaining deeper life then (never knowin I'll oneday be a proud member). It's a long story, but to cut it short, in church service, I have been hearin so many preachings from the pastor (kumuyi). Sometimes, I'll give my life to christ, before you know it, Im back to my old ways. It has been these ups & downs and I keep askin myself, what's wrong with me? There was a day that the pastor was preachin and to my greatest surprise, tears started rollin down my eyes. After the service, I asked myself, "was I truely the one crying? "

Finally, this faithful day of service came and when the pastor was ministering, it was as if all what he was saying were refering to me, and me alone. I was so ashamed of myself that I couldn't even look direct to the pulpit while he was preaching. To worsen the matter, the last comment he made before leavin the alter that KNOCKED me off my feet was "WHEN WE GET TO HEAVEN, WE WON'T MEET LOT'S WIFE". I gave up IMMEDIATELY. Even my uncle knew that Rano wasn't the same anymore (afterwards).

But after my uncle travelled abroad and I became incharge of his bizness, temptations started swaving from left to right. And the worst part is that, the girls that I never dreamt of talkin to were the once that started coming my way smilishly! Im stil pushin and tryin hard in prayin and reading the bible everyday but sometimes, I find myself very weak to do it, due to this devilish backslidin spirit (of which is not good b'cos, the bible says we should pray without season). But all in all, even if my relationship with God is not that close like before, atleast, that comment that kumuyi made has REALLY & TRUELY opened and changed my life from the way I used to live before, and I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET THAT COMMENT TILL I DIE !!! . . .It makes me think twice in some sinful things that I would want to do.

God, pls, give me the spirit and strenght to continue steadfastly in your works, in jesus name, Amen!. . . . .Bless y'all.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by jimblaze(m): 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2011
God has been really faithfull, i gave my life to Christ on the 3rd Feb 2008. Looking at me now, you would think i was born and raised in the church but my friends it was not so. i was heavilly into sin as a young man,smoking, drinking, fornicating, keeping several galfriends cos i taught it was the macho thing to do. Also being overseas for 7 yrs did not help as i was practically running amok! its was an indian guy that witnessed to me in 2001 and forward to 2008 i went to church and just decided that enough was enough. That same minute i got baptized with the Holy Spirit and started speaking in tongues, and also the spirit that was tormenting me for years had no option but to go! As if that was not enough i got my dream job right down to the job title exactly as i prayed on to God! i even failed all the interviews but God kept His word in Isaiah 3;10 "say ye to the righteous that it shall be well with him for they shall eat the fruit of their doings"! and guess what? i got my dream I.T. job without a degree and what is even more profound is that my salary is a graduates salary! no begging or lobbying of "seeing" anybody. can you imagine having a car accident that somesaulted 3 times and i came out without a single scratch?even my white shirt did not even tear! i give God alll the glory! today i teach people that have degrees in computer science! acccording to a prophecy "those that dont have certificate will teach those that have" that went out of the mouth of my spiritual father Bishop David Abioye.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by kambo(m): 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2011
i'v had some interesting  experiences that could only point to God.
when i was in junior secondary school i had a severe sore throat , my tonsils were swollen and painful. couldnt swallow without wincing.
our househelp told me the best way to remove it was to puncture it with a very sharp stick!!! he really went into the details
and  i got scared. i think i cried myself to sleep ,but i prayed to God that he should deal with it.
hours later i woke up and felt some liquid in my mouth, i spat it out and it was a yellowish stinking substance.it smelt dead.
the sore throat had burst while i slept.I wasnt even born again here.

in university,in my first year , i spent a week or so researching on a term paper only to hear that i have to have my topic approved
before i began the writing. at this stage i was ready to type my paper. i was really exasperated but i asked God to make him approve
the topic i had already written on. so on d day,i submitted my list of topics to him and out of 4 he ticked on the one i had already
written on. i just typed it and submitted it to him - without stress.

I remember when i visited home , i was lying on the bed in the after when i felt a need to get up , well,i roused my self and turned
to look out of the window - behold , was a green snake about to enter in thru a hole in the net. had i not turned then,it could have
dropped on the bed and only God knows what next.
i always get elated when i see this things happen.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by biilwwu(m): 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
My Sister, Truly God is faithful, I got born again when I was in secondary,although because I was notorious in my environment before i met God ,it was as if everyone was against me,my parent,peers,persecuted. God kept me all through,Today all my family and siblings are now Christians,Now God has being very good to everyone of us.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Bright2(m): 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2011
My dear mine is ok atleast i can talk & do. In my family we have freedom,nobody force you for anyreason. In my case,no stress.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by obowunmi(m): 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
very rocky. esp. got a set back when I began seeking a wife. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Church girls are hellish --- they're toto is very sweet and I can't control myself. angry angry
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by maxxy: 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2011
The Christian walk is the most beautiful experience on this side of heaven. In the 18 years that I have been saved, I have not seen anything sweeter, more pleasurable and exciting. It is a walk of glory to glory, and that really is God's plan.

However, it's also a terrain not free of challenges. But this is the confidence I have - that ALL things work together for good.

Nevertheless, many of us need support, as so many have expressed in this thread. But this support can be so hard to find because people can be so judgemental, forgetting that we serve a God that FORGIVES MUCH!.  But in here we can easily bare our minds because of the anonymity that comes with it.

Therefore I volunteer my support to you, knowing that God started this thread to help someone in need. I am available to offer counsel, answer questions, share your aches, provide guidance and stand by you in this walk of faith, while guaranteeing your anonimity and confidentiality.

The blessing of God is upon you.

Maxwell is a Pastor, Lawyer and Banker. He lives in Lagos with his lovely wife whom he fondly calls Princess. He can be reached on greatmaxwell@gmail.com
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by GoldCircle: 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
God is forever faithful! "He is not a man that he should lie. . . "
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Laughter1(m): 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
Inspiring story, its been the grace of God

It's grace, your grace

I'm nothing without you lord smiley

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLbdBkONm20?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Lanrefemi: 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2011
Great thread!

In addition, God's intention for us is to have relationship with him and not religion. Religion does not save, relationship with God saves.

One of the bible verse every christian should never forget is JOSHUA 1:8, in this verse God himself showed us how we can
constantly walk with him, how we can have fulfilling and successful life.

For christians experiencing one problem or the other, we should always remember that at one point or the other problems, trials, afflition will definately come, but we have to realise that it's not every trial or problem that we are passing through that it's caused by the devil, demon, our family or our enemies!

-Remember that joseph passes through slavery on his way to becoming the prime minister of egypt,
-The isrealites passes through the red sea on their way to the promise land,
-Daniel was thrown into the lions den for God's glory to be manifested,
-Even our saviour Jesus Christ was tried and nailed on the Cross for our salvation! what more , !
Therefore friends, what looks like problems or afflitions from the enemy in our lives most atimes is God taking us through the red sea of life to our promise land!

I pray that the Holy spirit will continue to teach, guide and strenghtned us through all the trials and tribulations of life, (amen).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? / Staying In God's Rest In or out of trouble / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Pastor Benny Hinn reaches out to India with prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.