Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession (24430 Views)

Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Will Exit Recession Soon / Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria’s Debt May Jump By ₦6 Trillion To Hit ₦38 Trillion / Meet Zainab Ahmed, Biography, Profile, Age, Finance Minister (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by drololaaof: 10:29am On May 22, 2020
You have said nothing Mr minister, recession is not new it will come and go ,during 1st ,2nd world war, after Spanish flu pandemic ,smallpox 1954-56 ,civil war in Nigeria there is economic recession but the good thing was that the economy bounce back . Please stop terrifying us . WHO & UN forecast against Africa about 250 millions to be affected by the COVID 19 God has shame them.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by onlyfacts: 10:30am On May 22, 2020
I thought government is using covid19 as cover up to cash out grin?

Meanwhile the truth of the matter is whether there is covid19 or no covid19 looting in government will still continue. The ones they have been stealing all these years under our noses have we stopped them, can we even stop themgrin?

The less the trade and the more you spend you expect a recession to happen. This applies to Nigeria and the whole world currently, Nigerians should learn their economics.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by Ragnnar: 10:38am On May 22, 2020
LeOstrich:

Actually, Nigeria never recovered fully from the devastating economic disaster Buhari inflicted on this country in 1984.

The damage he did to our local industries were never fully recovered until Obasanjo/Yaradua/Jonathan under whose government investors started trickling back but no where near what we had before Buhari committed high treason in 1984.

Some people are celebrating Shoprite and Spar but don't know we had Leventis and Kingsway back then which folded up almost immediately Buhari seized power.

God bless you, there are still sensible humans in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by onlyfacts: 10:44am On May 22, 2020
drololaaof:
You have said nothing Mr minister, recession is not new it will come and go ,during 1st ,2nd world war, after Spanish flu pandemic ,smallpox 1954-56 ,civil war in Nigeria there is economic recession but the good thing was that the economy bounce back . Please stop terrifying us . WHO & UN forecast against Africa about 250 millions to be affected by the COVID 19 God has shame them.

Let's be objective a little. Like we all know for majority of people that get COVID19 ><85% of them will experience mild to moderate symptoms ranging from slight headache, to sneezing etc. These ones will recover easily with or without medications.
Only about ><15% of COVID19 patients will experience severe cases of which can lead to death. These ones need hospitalization and treatment.

So while WHO and UN may project up to 250 million infections based on their computer analysis that does not in any way translate to 250 million deaths! What this simply tells you is Africa needs to work hard to ensure transmission is brought down drastically to prevent such high rates of infection.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by osusuallstars: 10:54am On May 22, 2020
Someone should tell this illiterate that Nigeria is in recession since APC came into power in 2015
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by Babalegba85(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2020
I Kano understand why we Jos Plateu much for
Discountry. That was how Robertson Was Kidnapped in broad day light and nobody cares to help Robert Look for his Son worth a country. We don't know what Ronalddo For our police to have accuse Ronald of internet fraud Jos Because his His Phone has 2face and its foldable one of its Kind in my area. If The thing pain me too much I will jos relocate to Canada with Ada
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by manTEA: 11:00am On May 22, 2020
This news is no news at all.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by olmoRoc: 11:01am On May 22, 2020
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by Agugbadin: 11:46am On May 22, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Looting in schooling feeding programme alone can cause recession nah. Who doesn't know that??

Stop looting, stop recession.

You made a valid point, looting is the only thing that can make Nigeria go into another recession at this point in time.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by kizwid(m): 11:55am On May 22, 2020
LeOstrich:

Actually, Nigeria never recovered fully from the devastating economic disaster Buhari inflicted on this country in 1984.

The damage he did to our local industries were never fully recovered until Obasanjo/Yaradua/Jonathan under whose government investors started trickling back but no where near what we had before Buhari committed high treason in 1984.

Some people are celebrating Shoprite and Spar but don't know we had Leventis and Kingsway back then which folded up almost immediately Buhari seized power.

please, what treason does he committed?,
I'm asking for sake of knowledge.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by lorelife(m): 12:30pm On May 22, 2020
Nigeria have been in recession since before the grand entry of COVID_19. Make then just comot for road sbeg.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by uvie66: 12:39pm On May 22, 2020
We are a poor Country, so what is the difference between a recession and a boom economy.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by uvie66: 12:44pm On May 22, 2020
Megaflex:
We're in for a long ride in thud country. We're in recession and the economy don't want to open abi. Until people start dying daily on the street because of hunger that's when our eyes go clear. As for me, I'll have to beg my fellow nairalanders who cares than die of hunger.

Meanwhile, u can help a brother to stay home and stay safe. I'm a private school teacher and haven't been paid since March ending and I've got a wife to feed. 211. 876. 8230. P. O. Zenith Bank. God bless whoever God touches to bless me today. Please help before hunger finish person pikin
Why can't your wife feed you ?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by rhames(m): 12:47pm On May 22, 2020
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by VickyRotex(f): 1:01pm On May 22, 2020
enemyofprogress:
[s]Heading towards abi we don already enter am? Shiooooor.

Dominique biko do quick for school make we leaf their country for them o, make ajepako, vickyrotex, mynd44, Ishilove,funjosh, seunmohmoh, funkebabe,lalasticlala and class prefect seun continue to enjoy their next level[/s]
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by megareal: 1:20pm On May 22, 2020
LeOstrich:

Everything this damn man touches turns up dead. We will be lucky if Nigeria isn't completely sold out to the Chinese at the end of Buhari's tenure.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by ijedeikorodu(m): 1:22pm On May 22, 2020
We have been in recession for ever, nothing new here. maybe recession just got to the political class.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by Okiibe(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2020
2by40ft:
We ll survive it again

Thank you.

That's the mindset of survivors
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by deleo16(m): 1:34pm On May 22, 2020
IkemChris:
This people will just be deceiving us with stories... Recession that we have been since the time of Auntie Kemi Adeosun... Recession that we were once technically out just as we technically defeated bokoharam... My dear to survive this country, just mind your business and forget about the government
what we should fear now is depression now
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by Megaflex(m): 2:43pm On May 22, 2020
uvie66:
Why can't your wife feed you ?
Because we're into same profession (I.e teaching). You don't understand why I'm doing this. I'm not proud of it but I needed to. You didn't need to be harsh because you're not in my shoe
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by gentlemate00: 2:57pm On May 22, 2020
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by whiteafrique: 3:54pm On May 22, 2020
Mumu minister every 3 months Nigeria is heading into recession,
The one we dey before na wetin?
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by madjune(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2020
I saw this same headline sometime in 2006.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by uvie66: 4:44pm On May 22, 2020
Megaflex:
Because we're into same profession (I.e teaching). You don't understand why I'm doing this. I'm not proud of it but I needed to. You didn't need to be harsh because you're not in my shoe
my apologies.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by TAYO124: 5:31pm On May 22, 2020
Pillow headed woman, Nigeria that I have ever known has always been oppressed, suppressed, repressed, depressed and in recession. Nigerians wake up, When Buhari told you all that things will become more difficult at his second attempt, this is promise being delivered hot.
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by suremanpatriot: 5:52pm On May 22, 2020
thought yu said your hav enough reserve thieves,God swipe out thieves out forever
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by Megaflex(m): 6:24pm On May 22, 2020
uvie66:
my apologies.
Thanks for understanding
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by Tundex911: 5:16am On May 23, 2020
So this fool don't know before and she call herself finance minister... lipsrsealed
Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by ajepako(f): 5:42pm On May 23, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Heading towards abi we don already enter am? Shiooooor.

Dominique biko do quick for school make we leaf their country for them o, make ajepako, vickyrotex, mynd44, Ishilove,funjosh, seunmohmoh, funkebabe,lalasticlala and class prefect seun continue to enjoy their next level

One day soon, l go nack you ljebu juju tongue tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Ahmed: Nigeria Is Heading Towards Recession by Funjosh(m): 12:54am On May 24, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Heading towards abi we don already enter am? Shiooooor.

Dominique biko do quick for school make we leaf their country for them o, make ajepako, vickyrotex, mynd44, Ishilove,funjosh, seunmohmoh, funkebabe,lalasticlala and class prefect seun continue to enjoy their next level

Iyangbali you nova change.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths Accepts Buhari, Warns Against Violence- Punch / Soludo Mourns Dr Nwando & Others Who Lost Their Lives In The Kaduna Train Attack / Chatham House: Tinubu's Response To Tackling Oil Theft (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.