Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon (25202 Views)

New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir / Eid-ul-fitr: Muslims To Fast Tomorrow, Shawwal Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia / "Observe Eid-El-Fitri Prayers At Home" Sultan Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Muslims Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:27am On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

If you read the story he did not drink water he even stayed in samaria for sometime preaching to them. He ministered to both Jews and Gentiles, if he was sent to only the Jews why did he minister to the others?

A Samaritan woman came to draw some water, and Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink of water.” (John 4:7.)

Meanwhile John 21:25 as God's testimony justifies my position.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:40am On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

So we are to believe your verses but John 3 vs 16 is false right?. All the verse u quoting are just cherry picked. What was his last command, he said go into all the world and preach the gospel, or that verse is also false? The verse you quoted Matt 10, if you read the next chapter you will understand. Jesus asked them to go preach to the israelites and the disciples came went and came back with their report. he did not mean they should never present their message to the gentiles. It was only that out reach that involved the israelites. Jesus himself preached to the Samaritan woman at the well. If he was not sent to the gentiles why did he do so?
The issue is all the verses you are quoting their exists a portion in the chapter that disproves all the claims you are making with them. E.g just as i showed you with the Matt. 10 .

The Heb. 7 you quoted does not support your claim in verse 25, it did not mention Israel, it says Jesus is able to save anyone that come to God by him, and he even intercedes for them."

John 1 vs 11 says his people did not receive him, as it was the jews that aided in his crucifixion. He reached out to the gentiles and they accepted him, his final message to his disciples is to go to the world and preach. So cherry picking only one verse out of a chapter is not right. If you are sincere read the whole chapter and point out the facts

Jesus did not only preach from the old testament, he preached new things too, he was taken to the Jewish temple as a kid by his parents and he was not under the authority of the priests, it was the priests that marveled at his wisdom at a young age.

I did not author or create a single verse In any scripture.

But I'll advice you to scrutinize the Gospel of John the Baptist.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:42am On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

I am not disputing the fact that Jesus was a Jew, but have you read the old testament? It talks about a messiah that will be sent to the world not just Israel. If i ask u for the reference for Jesus sent to israel you will mention just one portion of the bible which really does not support your argument.
Jesus did not come to fulfill Jewish traditions and customs his mission was greater than just the jews. John 3 vs 16 does not support your claim and these are Jesus own words.

Gracious!
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:50am On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

Why do you keep choosing the portions that suit you? I gave you the continuation of the story (Matt 11), but you ignore on purpose. That commandment was for that mission only. In Matt. 28 vs 19 -"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,". Was Jesus dreaming or sleeping when he said these words to the disciples?. The final message he gave them was in Matt 28, and you are quoting Matt. 11 which happened at the start of his ministry. Be honest and stop picking verses.

You claim Jesus was only sent to the Jews cos of Hebrews, well Romans chapter 3 (written to the Gentiles) says he was sent to anyone who believes in him. Romans 3 vs 29- 30 answers your question -" Is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith."

So as you see, none of what you are quoting supports your argument. You purposely ignore the whole story and choose a portion that does not reflect the message.

Don't do such.
Every .... Unto his....
I have allowed Matthew 11 for you and moved to Matthew 10:5-6 instead.

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 12:09pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

Don't do such.
Every .... Unto his....
I have allowed Matthew 11 for you and moved to Matthew 10:5-6 instead.
You are purposely ignoring what i posted. Did i not show you matt 28? But instead you highlight the same verses i have countered. Thst is not a good response. You claimed Jesus asked his disciples to go to the Israelites only. I told u it was for that mission alone, cos in Matt 28 he says they should go to all nations. Matt 28 was his last commandment about witnessing.
Be honest why are you purposely ignoring Matt 28?

Also its not about allowing a portion etc. If the whole story is true why restrict evidence?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 12:14pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

I did not author or create a single verse In any scripture.

But I'll advice you to scrutinize the Gospel of John the Baptist.
You ask me to scrutinize the book of John but You quote from it when you cherry pick. The book of John is ok by me. If its flawed as you claim, dont cite it to support any of your arguments.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 12:20pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

A Samaritan woman came to draw some water, and Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink of water.” (John 4:7.)

Meanwhile John 21:25 as God's testimony justifies my position.
What you highlighted is not the point. You know the point and you willfully ignored it. He preached to a samaritan woman and even stayed in Samaria teaching them. If he was not sent to them what was his purpose teachin thm.

Jesus came for a main mission to die for sin. The teaching etc were all side missions. The main mission is the reason the bible exists today. If you look at the bible, all the books in it point to him. Dont get lost in the print. See the big picture instead.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 12:28pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

John 4:1-9
Jesus and the Samaritan Woman

1. The Pharisees heard that Jesus was winning and baptizing more disciples than John. 2(Actually, Jesus himself did not baptize anyone; only his disciples did.)
3. So when Jesus heard what was being said, he left Judea and went back to Galilee;
4. on his way there he had to go through Samaria.
5. In Samaria he came to a town named Sychar, which was not far from the field that Jacob had given to his son Joseph.
6. Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired out by the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.
7. A Samaritan woman came to draw some water, and Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink of water.”
8. (His disciples had gone into town to buy food.)
9. The woman answered, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan — so how can you ask me for a drink?” (Jews will not use the same cups and bowls that Samaritans use.)

NO PREACHING.
You purposely ignored the rest of the story. Please be truthful the same John 4 vs 39-41 says the Samaritans believed in him and he stayed for 2 days.

What do you gain by cherry picking. You don't read the entire story and you just choose what you like. That is not being honest.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

What you highlighted is not the point. You know the point and you willfully ignored it. He preached to a samaritan woman and even stayed in Samaria teaching them. If he was not sent to them what was his purpose teachin thm.

Jesus came for a main mission to die for sin. The teaching etc were all side missions. The main mission is the reason the bible exists today. If you look at the bible, all the books in it point to him. Dont get lost in the print. See the big picture instead.

Care to share the content of the preaching with me as stated in the Bible?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 1:04pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

Care to share the content of the preaching with me as stated in the Bible?

Their conversation was in john 4 vs 1-26. That part contained where he was preaching to her.
The story says they believed in him, how could that happen if he Did not witness to them. Or you think all of Jesus's message were written in the bible?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

Now Jesus was tired due to the journey, going to the well and asking for a drink of water not because He was thirsty?
Or are you doubting John 4: 6 and 7 respectively?
Well, the reason I made mention of this verse was because of;
The woman answered, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan — so how can you ask me for a drink?”. (John 4:9).
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 1:08pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

Now Jesus tired due to the journey, going to the well and asking for a drink of water not because He was thirsty?
Or are you doubting John 4: 6 and 7 respectively?
Well, the reason I made mention of this verse was because of;
The woman answered, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan — so how can you ask me for a drink?”. (John 4:9).
Did the story end there? Is the rest of the story missing from your source?
The point you are highlighting has been accepted Jesus was a Jew. Jews and Samaritans did not like themselves. That is why she made the statement. Jesus still preached to her
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

You mention Christ you quote Jewish traditions. Like seriously?

This was why I quoted this verse.

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 1:11pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

This was why I quoted this verse.

We have moved past this stage go to my last response
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

Did the story end there? Is the rest of the story missing from your source?
The point you are highlighting has been accepted Jesus was a Jew. Jews and Samaritans did not like themselves. That is why she made the statement. Jesus still preached to her

@ the bolded, made Jesus to observe the Jewish festival that requires giving to the Lord burnt offering at the Jewish Temple on sighting a new moon (new month) and not idolatry.
That was the genesis of our discourse.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 1:40pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

@ the bolded, made him to observe the Jewish festival that requires giving to the Lord burnt offering at the Jewish Temple on sighting a new moon (new month) and not idolatry.
That was the genesis of our discourse.

What about the other portions i quoted that he went to the gentiles. You have no response?
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 23, 2020
fortran12:

What about the other portions i quoted that he went to the gentiles. You have no response?

Did He ?
That is to say he was sent to the Jews but decided to go against God's command.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 2:25pm On May 23, 2020
Xposed2020:

Did He ?
That is to say he was sent to the Jews but decided to go against God's command.
He was sent to the world. He went to the jews first then the rest later. You like to selectively choose. Its not honest
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Parisian: 6:17pm On May 25, 2020
John 10: 33. I and my father are one. If you don't believe that, but believe the one you quoted, then i have no words for you.
uthlaw:
john 14:28-"You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than.
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Parisian: 6:18pm On May 25, 2020
Lmao....says the adherent of a religion that basically copied everything in the bible. Hahahahah
Fabkimzzy1:

Because that particular verse is an adulterated verse, concocted by your leaders to deceived you in believing what they wanted you to believe
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by NgwalandAbia(m): 9:41am On May 26, 2020
not only moon na sun yeye people
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 02, 2020
fortran12:

You mention Christ you quote Jewish traditions. Like seriously?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeBz1qLlGnc
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by fortran12: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Xposed2020:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeBz1qLlGnc
Not all Jews believe in Jesus. Some do.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:35am On Jun 04, 2020
jidxin:

the moon lost b4......worshipping moon is idolatory

Please try to read your scripture the BIBLE at least once a week, it will guide you into Islam.

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 04, 2020
fortran12:

Not all Jews believe in Jesus. Some do.
The intended message was from 0:30 - 0:50 timeline.
Worshipped in Jewish Temple the Jewish God. . .

Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by jidxin(m): 7:03am On Jun 04, 2020
Xposed2020:

Please try to read your scripture the BIBLE at least once a week, it will guide you into Islam.
thatbis the problem i have with your religion you only cram but dont understand. You just quote out of context. You guys should read and understand quran dont just read. The moon you highlighted signifies month. From one full mone to another makes a month. Haaa please that is the problem we are having with your religion. I have read the English version of the quran. Muhammad tried to copy the bible but was confused seriously confused
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by jidxin(m): 7:04am On Jun 04, 2020
Xposed2020:

that is the problem i have with your religion you only cram but dont understand. You just quote out of context. You guys should read and understand quran dont just read. The moon you highlighted signifies month. From one full mone to another makes a month. Haaa please that is the problem we are having with your religion. I have read the English version of the quran. Muhammad tried to copy the bible but was confused seriously confused
Re: Sultan Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Ask Muslims To Look Out For New Moon by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 04, 2020
jidxin:
thatbis the problem i have with your religion you only cram but dont understand. You just quote out of context. You guys should read and understand quran dont just read. The moon you highlighted signifies month. From one full mone to another makes a month. Haaa please that is the problem we are having with your religion. I have read the English version of the quran. Muhammad tried to copy the bible but was confused seriously confused

Alhamdulillah!
So were they worshipping the Bible moon (Idol) or it was also missing in the Bible?
Virtually every event in Islam is on monthly basis. Be it Beginning and termination of Ramadan, Hajj, Eid etc.
And prophet Muhammad pbuh did not authored the Qur'an, the same God that sent Jesus pbuh revealed it to him through Angel Gabriel. Hence the similarities in the untempered portions, it confirms Religion of God is monotheistic in Nature. The Holy prophet did not talk about his mum but about Jesus & his mum more and said positive things about them.
Can God plagiarise his books or words?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

New Destructive Tools Called Sex Dolls / If A Woman Dies While Pregnant, How Will She Be Buried? / Making Janaba And It's Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.