Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions (20453 Views)

Kogi First Lady, Alexreports, Amafibe, Others Honoured By University Of Abuja / Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University / Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Great100000: 9:58am On May 22, 2020
The United States Mission to the African Union has recognized the effort of a Nigerian man, Oluwayomi Zeblon, for helping his peers during coronavirus pandemic.

When the #COVID19 pandemic upended Oluwayomi Zeblon’s life in Lagos, Nigeria, he noticed a trend: young leaders from across the country were turning more and more to social development and looking for ways that they could improve their communities. A student at Lagos State University, Oluwayomi provided virtual sessions for his peers to equip them with the motivation to make a change in their communities. For Oluwayomi, an inspiring leader is interested in building others up, in highlighting their strengths and in helping them to overcome their weaknesses.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158278960507248&id=93218692247

Stuck at Home? Share Your Skills With Others.

When the COVID-19 pandemic upended Oluwayomi Zeblon’s life in Lagos, Nigeria, he noticed a trend: young leaders from across the country were turning more and more to social development and looking for ways that they could improve their communities.

“The youth are enthusiastic about development,” says Oluwayomi, a student at Lagos State University. “They just don’t all know how to go about it, how to get started.”

To address this, Oluwayomi decided in March to organize a YALILearns session on the YALI Network Online Course Creating and Maintaining Social Enterprises.

Oluwayomi says the course, which covers strategic planning, partnerships and advocacy, was instrumental in giving participants a sense of the broader development community and of the role of young leaders in the space.

“I noticed a lot of youth called to action during the pandemic were lacking the skills needed to implement their projects,” Oluwayomi says.

Key to holding a successful session, Oluwayomi explains, is focusing on a topic of interest to attendees.

“Especially in virtual sessions, the audience needs to be passionate about the topic; they need to be driven.”

For Oluwayomi, his passions lie in the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, both in sharing them with others and in working toward them himself.

“I don’t just want to educate my peers about these goals, but I also want to help them create the innovations to achieve them,” Oluwayomi says.

To others interested in development, Oluwayomi recommends “trusting the right people and never forgetting your objective.”

“In a perfect world, people are confident in their skills and in their environment,” Oluwayomi says. “They aren’t afraid to share their ideas.”

With his virtual session, Oluwayomi believes that he equipped his peers, if not with the tools, then with the motivation to make a change in their communities.

“I hope my YALILearns session motivated participants to be innovative, to broaden their thinking and to better understand the problems in their society.”

For Oluwayomi, an inspiring leader is interested in building others up, in highlighting their strengths and in helping them to overcome their weaknesses.

https://yali.state.gov/stuck-at-home-share-your-skills-with-others/?fbclid=IwAR3xf6WFSh68PhYcZ5pz9g0gWeMSshGxUVz_cpBItv46YvClgn13hqYVums

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Biofil84(m): 10:00am On May 22, 2020
I still maintain we have the potential of driving positive change in this nation but we don't just have the leaders to see this through, hence we are stagnated as a natiion.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by MrSly(m): 10:15am On May 22, 2020
Biofil84:
I still maintain we have the potential of driving positive change in this nation but we don't just have the leaders to see this through, hence we are stagnated as a natiion.
Yes but that requires a radical approach, African approach. If not not that dream of positive change remains a dream and subsequently a mirage.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Shezkid01(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2020
Great �

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Racoon(m): 10:35am On May 22, 2020
Good one brother man.The world can be better with people like you.

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by AmazingELixir: 10:38am On May 22, 2020
: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What that young man did is abstract to a very good number of Nigerian youths, most of which you'll find on this platform.

The ones here prefer gossip issues and insulting their governments.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Calabar1stSon: 10:38am On May 22, 2020
Read this article Nigerian Youths. It concerns y'all!
https://www.nairaland.com/5874587/rethink-future-nigerians#5874587.2
Read this and stop blaming the government.
Biofil84:
[img]https:///media/5-21-2020/zRypLi.gif[/img]

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Lastmankc(m): 10:38am On May 22, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by 900warriorz: 10:39am On May 22, 2020
Buhari why?
Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Benards(m): 10:39am On May 22, 2020
Racoon:
Good one brother man.The world can be better with people like you.
Sure
Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by AdmissionGetEas: 10:40am On May 22, 2020
This guy is a politician
Kudos to u guy

Check my signature for direct Admission into University without jamb result but via IJMB/JUPEB
Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Raydos: 10:40am On May 22, 2020
Before opening the thread, I already knew it will be either an Igbo or Yoruba!!

This country would have been a great and successful entity without the Hausa, I'm not trying to promote Tribalism here, But Hausa are dragging Nigeria backward everyday,

Just take a look at Countries dominated by Hausas/Fulani like Chad and Niger, They are all also poor and rubbish countries!!!

Nigeria will never work, Maybe if we opt for Regional system of government, Then it will probably work then

Let every region control their resources and develop their region with Their income!!

10 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Bukden16(m): 10:40am On May 22, 2020
I was recently honoured and no one reported it, even on Facebook.
Read below

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Chenko001(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2020
Most times people wait for changes to be made so that things can be better but there are a few others who makes these changes themselves. BIG UPS KID
Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by wamide042(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2020
WE ARE LASU WE ARE PROUD!!!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Lalasticlalabos(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2020
Let me copy our igbo brothers and sisters on this.

Yoruba Amaka cheesy

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by justi40(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2020
Great100000:
The United States Mission to the African Union has recognized the effort of a Nigerian man, Oluwayomi Zeblon, for helping his peers during coronavirus pandemic.

Ff

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158278960507248&id=93218692247

https://yali.state.gov/stuck-at-home-share-your-skills-with-others/?fbclid=IwAR3xf6WFSh68PhYcZ5pz9g0gWeMSshGxUVz_cpBItv46YvClgn13hqYVums
Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by scholes0(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2020
I have aquestion.

Why are Yorubas both young and old always Making waves all across the World?

Dem dey try abeg!

18 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by sylve11: 10:42am On May 22, 2020
Djarmzz:
Visit my signature if you're into football betting

you should be reading what the op wrote to see how you can improve yourself. sad cool

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by onoms4luv(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2020
Congrat man... Keep flexing your positive muscles every where you go.
Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by paulolee(m): 10:43am On May 22, 2020
good... wat abt me dt av been helping online boys with the latest tools n format nko?? helping the konjified peps with d trending Bleep sites to livestream n help themselves and also helping the gals with t.p as palliatives wheneva they visit to service and oil thier engines since thier guys are still far away...tink i also deserve some accolades...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Oluwayomi Zeblon Honoured By US Mission For Providing Virtual Sessions by Dpharisee: 10:43am On May 22, 2020
ChizzyBuna:
Igbos are very smart, look at how we are excelling in all ramifications..
Congratulations Son of the Soil
Igbo Amaka!!

Stale, if the Igbos attack now you will accuse them of chest beating, why not allow sleeping dogs to lie, allow Nigerians to celebrate this young man recognised abroad. You chose a moniker Chizzy while spewing anti Igbo rhetoric from thread to thread angry

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How He Got Scholarship Worth ₦‎30 Million To Loughborough University / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin / Adenowo Emmanuel Oreoluwa Expelled By Ajayi Crowther University Over Indian Hemp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.