Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,900 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred (3154 Views)

What's Wrong With Some Yourbas? / But What Is Wrong With Some Yourbas? - 2023 Presidency / Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Seerade029: 4:34pm On May 22, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Continue the lie Na,since is not stale.

I'm not.
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by engrchykae(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2020
Oshigun:

Will never ever happen because of one vital factor. Virtually all Igbos, to include even those selling Fan Yogo on Third mainland bridge, lack humility and respect for others.

If Igbos cannot relegate and subjugate others in a relationship then they are not happy.

Since they will never be able to do this to Yorubas then there can never be a working relationship between Yorubas and Igbos.
an average Yoruba hates Igbo,it's encoded in their dna but the average Igbo is proud and care less about your hatred since you ain't his God.
Come to think of it, yorubas always talk about how igbos lack respect,
Respect who? If I May ask,you guys are clowns.
Igbos didn't fear or respect the British,it's ordinary black Africans that Igbo will prostrate for?
Funny people

2 Likes

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by engrchykae(m): 4:44pm On May 22, 2020
fullblast:

Abeg, keep quiet! I'm yoruba, born and brought up in South East. Most of my childhood and new friends are from the Igbo extraction. I n'anu ihe m n'ekwu?
In the FG establishment where my parents worked, out of the 5 men eligible to occupy the vacant seat of the CEO, 3 died mysteriously, one got crippled, while the last man ran mad, all these happened to PhD holders within 3months. I need not explain that their doom was orchestrated by juju okija.
Igbos are fetish and very diabolical too. And they are not United, mbaise people are despised for their cunning expertise, Ngwa clan are wrongly identified as cannibals... Should I continue?
Umuahia is this, onitsha man is that...the list is endless. Money rituals are always in Vogue in SE, no exceptions to South West too.

I believe in the "Egbe bere, Ugo bere" Style.
abeg Don't mention money ritual because ogun state go vex for you

1 Like

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by engrchykae(m): 4:47pm On May 22, 2020
Seerade029:

Which lie is stale?? grin

Honcle, I studied in UNN.
What will you tell me about east that I don't know grin
if I studied in UI,do I know everything about the southwest?
And you are supposed to be educated.
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 22, 2020
Strikethem:
Omo eran grin
I be born again pastor oh grin grin
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Mraphel: 4:53pm On May 22, 2020
Tissaia:
Our maid got burned by hot oil, we send her to his chemist because it's late in the night, so I followed her and sit by the door with my phone. I heard him saying give her fake medication" to his employees. Next morning I reported him, and they closed the chemist. his dad come to beg and fire him, before they open the shop. I guess he is now into Cult wicked soul
See lambastment �
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by engrchykae(m): 4:53pm On May 22, 2020
Seerade029:

Keep shut or they don't sell it for outsiders.
go and price land in onitsha or nnewi first.
For igbos everything is first economic before anything especially in anambra,if dangote can pay better than ifeanyi uba for saint mark in uruagu nnewi,dangote will have the land ahead of ifeanyi uba.
You don't know anything about igbos and igboland.
All what you believe and profess is based on hearsay.

2 Likes

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Seerade029: 4:56pm On May 22, 2020
engrchykae:
if I studied in UI,do I know everything about the southwest?
And you are supposed to be educated.

Lol, I studied finance in UNN.

I stayed 7 years in the east.
I'm not the type that sit my house down and without engaging in anything.

From Enugu, I go to Owerri.
All I see is Clubs, Hotels etc.

1 Like

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Seerade029: 4:57pm On May 22, 2020
engrchykae:
go and price land in onitsha or nnewi first.
For igbos everything is first economic before anything especially in anambra,if dangote can pay better than ifeanyi uba for saint mark in uruagu nnewi,dangote will have the land ahead of ifeanyi uba.
You don't know anything about igbos and igboland.
All what you believe and profess is based on hearsay.

Nnewi, Onisha and awka are not the only town in Anambra
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 22, 2020
engrchykae:
an average Yoruba hates Igbo,it's encoded in their dna but the average Igbo is proud and care less about your hatred since you ain't his God.
Come to think of it, yorubas always talk about how igbos lack respect,
Respect who? If I May ask,you guys are clowns.
Igbos didn't fear or respect the British,it's ordinary black Africans that Igbo will prostrate for?
Funny people

M0r0n. We are talking of the respect any cultured and gracious person accord others - especially if deserved.

1 Like

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by hedonistic: 4:59pm On May 22, 2020
There is some kind of mutual suspicion or would I say latent, passive-aggressive tension fuelled by 'healthy' rivalry, no doubt. But it's not hatred in the real sense. These guys can easily coexist and would form the bastion of a super strong (Con)Federal Republic of Southern Nigeria.

If you're talking about hate, can anyone cite just one example of violent inter-ethnic conflict between the Yoruba and the Igbo anywhere in Nigeria? Anywhere in Igboland or Yoruba land where Igbo mobs gathered to lynch a Yoruba man or vice versa? Just one example would suffice.

Every other day we hear of one Adefemi or one Chinedu smashing academic records in faraway USA or elsewhere. Or one Igbo or Yoruba professional in the diaspora breaking new ground and representin'. Can you tell me how many core northerners you have heard of representin' anywhere across the world where merit and talent (rather than quota system) is the criterion?

Olamide featuring Phyno... Flavour featuring Tiwa Savage, Dbanj featuring Don Jazzy.... Nollywood movie featuring Omotola Jalade and Genevieve Nnaji, Jim Iyke and RMD, Pete Edochie and Olu Jacobs etc.. Inter-ethnic collaborations in the arts, in innovative business startups, in the intelligentsia.... Can somebody tell me where the core North is represented in all of this?

Let's face it..the real hatred flows from North to South... And this hate is fuelled by envious resentment. Murderous hate. Since they up north can't realistically compete against the South in terms of intellect, education, meritorious accomplishment and human capital in general, they can only hate...

The so-called hate between Igbo and Yoruba is only cosmetic, harmless competition, especially online (or in their respective secret Chambers), never openly. You will never hear that a Yoruba corper was lynched in one village in Abia State for any reason, or that one Igbo trader was killed by a mob in Ekiti. But we know how many times this has happened up north, with both Igbo and Yoruba victims.

The kind of healthy rivalry you would feel for your great adversary is quite different from the demonic hatred you would feel for someone that is eminently and completely superior to you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by engrchykae(m): 5:26pm On May 22, 2020
Seerade029:

Nnewi, Onisha and awka are not the only town in Anambra
maybe you want to buy in nteje or awkuzu to
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Mel003: 5:29pm On May 22, 2020
If u want to build house in Lagos as an Igbo man u will pay for omoni-ile from foundation to German floor to lintel to deck to roofing even fencing and suck away pit this cost about 200 thousand each and u are telling me Yorubas are not wicked?
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Rumxy(m): 5:32pm On May 22, 2020
hedonistic:
There is some kind of mutual suspicion or would I say latent, passive-aggressive tension fuelled by 'healthy' rivalry, no doubt. But it's not hatred in the real sense. These guys can easily coexist and would form the bastion of a super strong (Con)Federal Republic of Southern Nigeria.

If you're talking about hate, can anyone cite just one example of violent inter-ethnic conflict between the Yoruba and the Igbo anywhere in Nigeria? Anywhere in Igboland or Yoruba land where Igbo mobs gathered to lynch a Yoruba man or vice versa? Just one example would suffice.

Every other day we hear of one Adefemi or one Chinedu smashing academic records in faraway USA or elsewhere. Or one Igbo or Yoruba professional in the diaspora breaking new ground and representin'. Can you tell me how many core northerners you have heard of representin' anywhere across the world where merit and talent (rather than quota system) is the criterion?

Olamide featuring Phyno... Flavour featuring Tiwa Savage, Dbanj featuring Don Jazzy.... Nollywood movie featuring Omotola Jalade and Genevieve Nnaji, Jim Iyke and RMD, Pete Edochie and Olu Jacobs etc.. Inter-ethnic collaborations in the arts, in innovative business startups, in the intelligentsia.... Can somebody tell me where the core North is represented in all of this?

Let's face it..the real hatred flows from North to South... And this hate is fuelled by envious resentment. Murderous hate. Since they up north can't realistically compete against the South in terms of intellect, education, meritorious accomplishment and human capital in general, they can only hate...

The so-called hate between Igbo and Yoruba is only cosmetic, harmless competition, especially online (or in their respective secret Chambers), never openly. You will never hear that a Yoruba corper was lynched in one village in Abia State for any reason, or that one Igbo trader was killed by a mob in Ekiti. But we know how many times this has happened up north, with both Igbo and Yoruba victims.

The kind of healthy rivalry you would feel for your great adversary is quite different from the demonic hatred you would feel for someone that is eminently and completely superior to you.
My brother you made so much sense. All I see between the two tribes is a healthy rivalry and competition. Come to think of it, when it comes to any human developmental index, these two tribes always come on top. Whenever you hear any good achievement by any Nigerian in the diaspora, there is 90% probability that the person will be either Igbo or Yoruba. I am not ignoring the good efforts also made by the minorities but any day igbo and yoruba decide to work together in Nigeria, the black race will soar very high.
Please let us all embrace unity so that we can progress as a nation.

5 Likes

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by engrchykae(m): 5:34pm On May 22, 2020
Seerade029:

Lol, I studied finance in UNN.

I stayed 7 years in the east.
I'm not the type that sit my house down and without engaging in anything.

From Enugu, I go to Owerri.
All I see is Clubs, Hotels etc.
when you are in owerri what you will encounter is students and nightlife,you will be wrong to use it to generalise about the southeast.
When you are in anambra, what you will see is business and hustles,it will be wrong to use anambra to generalise.
When you are in enugu,you will see a mix of business and nightlife ,you can't use it to generalise.
Ebonyi is something else.
Abia is more of indigenous industry,artisans,fabricators with little or no time for nightlife or pleasure.
YOUR SEVEN YEARS IN THE EAST DIDN'T FURNISH YOU WITH ENOUGH TO KNOW THE IGBOS

2 Likes

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by blacq2009(m): 5:53pm On May 22, 2020
Na audio hatred. Or e-wars, may I say?
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Supan(m): 6:03pm On May 22, 2020
BigTableShaker:

No all cheered that Oba plss
Likewise not all cheered MNK plss
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by adeayo1603: 6:07pm On May 22, 2020
hedonistic:

May God bless you for this piece of write-up,you are the only one that has said something meaningful to me here.This rivary or hatred btw yorubas and igbos only exist online,I got to find out how serious this hatred is on nairaland.In reality life ibos don't fight Yoruba offline,where I was born and grew up in Lagos is dominated by ibos and we all live in peace together,I have many of my ibo friends that we grew up together for over 30yrs now and we still keep in touch and like brothers.It just always baffled me the level that this enimity btw this two tribe has gone to online.In Lagos for example,you can hardly hear where an ibo section is fighting d Yoruba section.But their is always the news of youruba and hausa fighting in Lagos either in mushin idi araba,ketu mile 12 even in far away ile ife., mostly in sabo section of the Yoruba land.
But what I believe is playing btw my Yoruba people and the igbos is ego,this tribe is greater than this one,this is the most industrious tribe,this is the most educated tribe and all that.
It's high time this two tribes come together and fight with one voice,God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Supan(m): 6:07pm On May 22, 2020
Tissaia:
Nah Yoruba and northern Muslims don't have grudges. It's between you people and us

Why are they forming Amotekun and why is MACBAN against it?

Why is Fulani herdsmen kidnaping and killing them? Fashoranti's daughter, false etc.

1 Like

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Seerade029: 6:12pm On May 22, 2020
engrchykae:
when you are in owerri what you will encounter is students and nightlife,you will be wrong to use it to generalise about the southeast.
When you are in anambra, what you will see is business and hustles,it will be wrong to use anambra to generalise.
When you are in enugu,you will see a mix of business and nightlife ,you can't use it to generalise.
Ebonyi is something else.
Abia is more of indigenous industry,artisans,fabricators with little or no time for nightlife or pleasure.
YOUR SEVEN YEARS IN THE EAST DIDN'T FURNISH YOU WITH ENOUGH TO KNOW THE IGBOS

Yes, don't know of Ebonyi.
Abia, don't have time or so for nightlight / pleasure.

But IMO, Dem love flexing sha.

Yes it's wrong to generalize
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by hedonistic: 6:16pm On May 22, 2020
adeayo1603:

It's high time this two tribes come together and fight with one voice,God bless Nigeria

If these egotistical two come together (with the rest of Southern Nigeria), they would be unstoppable. I am 99.9% sure. That would be the most progressive and prosperous black country in the world.

But unfortunately it may not happen in our lifetime. The North would keep using divide and rule tactics. And there is no shortage of individualistic, selfish, overambitous 'leaders' in the East and West who would sabotage the desired southern unity, just to play errand boy to the North for personal gain.
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Ikinternational: 7:25pm On May 22, 2020
Seerade029:

They didn't taught me, If I were taught to hate Igbos.
I think the Igbo neighbor living in my area should be dead by now cool

Say the truth, do Igbos love Yorubas since 1950?
If yes, point it out.

I see how you assigned yourself victory. Nice..
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Ikinternational: 7:33pm On May 22, 2020
Nairaland political section is a cesspool. Simple.
Every once in a while, you must take a break from nairaland. If you don't, you're guaranteed to go mad.

Trolls n cowards favorite playground

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Ikinternational: 8:01pm On May 22, 2020
Seerade029:

Lol, how will I kill my igbo neighbor??
Forget that.

You said person buy land from you and build in my region.

1. He paid for it.
2. We sell it for him.

3. SW isn't Anambra where they don't sell land to outsiders (don't prove me wrong, it's something I know cheesy)

You've not prove your claim that you love us since 1950.

Why the stupid lies?
Money doesn't know tribe..

My father has land for sale at waterworks onitsha. By omogba layout. 18m. Another one at 33 onitsha. 14m.

I have one in Owerri north. Close by the Air Force base.
40m (4 plots fenced with gate)

Which one can you afford sir? Let's talk business n stop spreading lies

As many property as my family have bought in igboland, nobody has ever asked "who is buying?"

You are aware you can also choose to have an attorney represent you? A buyer's presence is not a necessity

1 Like

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Ikinternational: 8:42pm On May 22, 2020
Oshigun:

Will never ever happen because of one vital factor. Virtually all Igbos, to include even those selling Fan Yogo on Third mainland bridge, lack humility and respect for others.

If Igbos cannot relegate and subjugate others in a relationship then they are not happy.

Since they will never be able to do this to Yorubas then there can never be a working relationship between Yorubas and Igbos.

Interesting! So it's igbos that need to show humility.
In other words, believing it's YOU that has the upper hand in the relationship. Believing it's YOU that have done something for them. After all YOU "allowed" them to operate in your mighty Lagos. Smh

On nairaland, I hear words like humility n grateful being thrown at the igbos. I guess igbos don't pay tax or contribute to their community. They're only there to "take" I sense some frustration in that viewpoint from people that wish their pockets was more capable. I believe it's referred to as jealousy in some quarters.

Ned Okonkwo is currently building estates in lekki. If you go dash him millions for the project, I promise you he'll show you all the humility n gratefulness your heart desires.
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Ikinternational: 8:51pm On May 22, 2020
adeayo1603:

May God bless you for this piece of write-up,you are the only one that has said something meaningful to me here.This rivary or hatred btw yorubas and igbos only exist online,I got to find out how serious this hatred is on nairaland.In reality life ibos don't fight Yoruba offline,where I was born and grew up in Lagos is dominated by ibos and we all live in peace together,I have many of my ibo friends that we grew up together for over 30yrs now and we still keep in touch and like brothers.It just always baffled me the level that this enimity btw this two tribe has gone to online.In Lagos for example,you can hardly hear where an ibo section is fighting d Yoruba section.But their is always the news of youruba and hausa fighting in Lagos either in mushin idi araba,ketu mile 12 even in far away ile ife., mostly in sabo section of the Yoruba land.
But what I believe is playing btw my Yoruba people and the igbos is ego,this tribe is greater than this one,this is the most industrious tribe,this is the most educated tribe and all that.

As you blessed him, God bless you too

1 Like

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Ikinternational: 8:53pm On May 22, 2020
hedonistic:

Good to know not everyone here has lost their senses
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by googi: 9:26pm On May 22, 2020
Even if the worst happened, that is separation, Igbo and Yoruba would never stop loving one another.

Indeed, they may develope respect for one another like they used to.
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by truthonmission: 9:42pm On May 22, 2020
Oshigun:

But wait a minute, Oshigun, what do mean by igbos are not humble?
Do really expect igbo man to be humble to a Yoruba man, for what?
Yorubas should first humble themselves to igbos, or let go and form their own country so they can qualify for the honour they seek.
Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Iceberg3: 6:47pm On May 23, 2020
Oshigun:

This is an example of the lack of humility and respect for others that make Igbos a thoroughly odious people.

How sensible or realistic to suggest no Yoruba can take on an Igbo in a one on one? This is the sort of inane crap coming out of the mouth of Igbos because they have no respect for others and always get 'owned' by the Yorubas because of this.

This is one of the reasons Igbos hate Yorubas so much. They are fed so much junk indoctrination by their hateful parents it is then a shock to the system when Yorubas are besting them at everything.

For example, they hate Tinubu because he has bested and remains better than all Igbo political leaders rolled into one.

Look at when Anthony Joshua is mentioned. Only Igbos will come out with disparaging comments to deny him credit as a great boxer merely because of his Yoruba background.

One even once said Ibeabuchi would have been the best from Nigeria and a bigger star than Joshua if he did not have mental health challenges when it is just more honest and dignified to agree that the Yoruba man can box !!!! Na real wa Delusional Igbos sha.

They key consideration is not about Yorubas and Igbos uniting to work together. That is not possible. The reality is that Yorubas and Igbos should stay in their respective lanes and achieve their ambitions separately.

YSD.

God will deliver you from hatred and bitterness.
Take life easy nah,Haba!! grin grin grin

Honestly how do you live life everyday like this!??!

grin

1 Like

Re: Yourbas And Igbos Alleged Hatred by Iceberg3: 6:49pm On May 23, 2020
Oshigun:

Have you ever spoken like this to the HUMBLE PEOPLE who killed Fasonranti's daughter?!

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#endsars: New Video From Another Eyewitness At Lekki Tollgate (57 Minutes) / SERIOUSLY: This Picture Will Keep Your Mute And Speechless. / IPOB ESN members Arrested With Bombs And AK47

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.