Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman (66474 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by xynerise: 7:42am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:

How you been?
Been long buddy

I have been dodging Covid-19 my dear. grin

Nice to see your hips face again
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by JustforMen: 7:42am On May 23, 2020
cococandy:
Men complain of broke shaming yet they are the worse culprits. Even going as far as lying about what women do for them.
Yet they won’t leave single women alone.
But why do girls like being broke na? grin

Women are the ones that have made money a criteria for any interaction with them hence it is fair to wonder why they don't meet their own criteria.
You never see a guy turn down a good woman because she is 'broke' and cannot 'take care of my needs'.
It is not broke shaming, it is men asking for equality.
A woman that earns the same or even more than a man still expects the man to pay for stuff.
Why is this very common to most women?

11 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by pansophist(m): 7:42am On May 23, 2020
Edzy:
an entitled man is a man you can not toy around with who refused to be exploited by a low life(woman)

Of course. I'll rather be tagged a greedy slowpoke, than a spineless mugu. cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by cmax16: 7:43am On May 23, 2020
I am a comment reader on nairaland, but I had to sign into my account to like and commend this comment. On point, epic and apt.

KingSatan:

As a man, a father and a grandfather. I have lived life to an extent and this is my view on this subject.

The previous thread was simple and concise, "Never marry a woman who has no means of income".

But that is the truth!

Gone are the days when people marry "Obiageri's" according to the Igbos.
Back then, things weren't this bad. Considering the family setting in those days, women had no other role than to cook, birth, raise children and clean the house.

So their parents prepare them for marriage, teach them how to cook, satisfy a man and raise children. They also spend alot of time grooming their hairs, taking care of their skin (Some parents send their children to fattening rooms) and waiting to get married.

When we got married, we married to keep them at home and show off to our friends. Only a few of us married because of love. Some of our partners were not our choice but our parents.

So when you marry, your wife and children should always reflect your wealth and networth. Most especially, YOUR WIFE.

I repeat, back then things were not this bad and everyone knew their roles.

But in today's world, so many things have changed.

Women should bring to the table as much as they expect from the man.

Raising children costs alot of money and shouldn't be the responsibility of the man alone.

So many marriages have crashed on the alter of poverty or "One stream of income".

We must learn to tell ourselves the truth always.

Back then, you don't spend so much to raise a child. If he or she wants to go to the community school or follow the white man's way of life, you send them as a punishment. But those humble and loyal sons, follow you to the farm and when they come of age, you give them farmlands and wives if possible. But that's not the case anymore.

Apart from formal education abroad, I also encouraged my children to learn sellable skills. One of my son is a fashion designer and that is what puts food on his table in the UK. His college degree only reflects on his call cards.

I told this to my children (Daughters inclusive) never to marry a man or woman who has no verifiable means of income.

Money is needed to run a home in the 21st century. Alot of money!

We no longer live in mud houses or drink from pots.

As for "Entitlement", I think every couple should have that mentality depending on the context.

The man is entitled to his wife's emotional commitment. She is his wife and this also applies to the man.

I am tired of typing.

To be truthful, i warned my son's against mingling with an average African woman. They simply don't want to know the truth. They hate the truth with Passion and that is why true feminism failed woefully here.

In the Diaspora, most men who want peace of mind avoid African women because of their "Entitlement Mentality" and how exploitative they are.

Many of these women don't work but enjoy proceeds of child support from numerous partners. You think it's a coincidence? No it not. It was deliberate.

They just want to seat at home, get fat, enlarge their butts and walk up and down the street like a pussy cat that resides in Buckingham Palace.

Should I talk about Nigeria, where you meet an average Nigerian lady and realise that;

1. She is a college graduate because a "Man" sponsored her in school (Both of them are no longer together as a couple).

2. She has a roof over her head because a "Man" made that available (She has no intention of marrying him).

3. She uses the best smartphone because a "Man" bought it for her (Just another random man).

4. She has clothes on her body because a "Man" gave her money for shopping (Obviously he is "One of those mugus"wink.

5. She has food on her table because so many men send her money.

This same woman has no other skill but sexual skills. The only thing she can offer is "Sexual Intercourse", "Birthing Children" and "Companionship" but she expects the man to "Mark her birthdays with a brand new Escalade", "Buy her parents a new house and train her younger ones in school". Is that not exploitation?

This same woman hates her mother inlaw because she sees her as her rival. Anyway, women have always hated themselves from time immemorial, don't get moved when you see them shout in solidarity, it's just for a few seconds.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Even if you sleep with a sexually active mad man, you will get pregnant and birth for him.

Some will even say, "I satisfy him sexually. I gave him my body and soul". But that is same thing you did with your numerous ex lovers.

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, he said "If a woman does not help her husband financially, then how else does she want to help him".

In this age and time, it takes two adults who have a verifiable means of income to build a healthy family.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 7:43am On May 23, 2020
xynerise:

I have been dodging Covid-19 my dear. grin

Nice to see your hips face again

You never gonna change anyway

She you don marry now? tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Omar09(m): 7:44am On May 23, 2020
Alero3Arubi:
The biggest mistake would be to marry at all.
The biggest mistake would be to not marry at all.
The biggest mistake would bw to do as others are doing.
Just do what works for you.
But lucky is the one who was never born.

Na only you get sense for here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by xynerise: 7:45am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:

You never gonna change anyway

She you don marry now? tongue tongue tongue

grin grin. You don change?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by CsRockefeller(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

As a man, a father and a grandfather. I have lived life to an extent and this is my view on this subject.

The previous thread was simple and concise, "Never marry a woman who has no means of income".

But that is the truth!

Back then, things weren't this bad. Considering the family setting in those days, women had no other role than to cook, birth, raise children and clean the house.

So their parents prepare them for marriage, teach them how to cook, satisfy a man and raise children. They also spend alot of time grooming their hairs, taking care of their skin (Some parents send their children to fattening rooms) and waiting to get married.

When we got married, we married to keep them at home and show off to our friends. Only a few of us married because of love. Some of our partners were not our choice but our parents.

So when you marry, your wife and children should always reflect your wealth and networth. Most especially, YOUR WIFE.

Raising children costs alot of money and shouldn't be the responsibility of the man alone.

So many marriages have crashed on the alter of poverty or "One stream of income".

Back then, you don't spend so much to raise a child. If he or she wants to go to the community school or follow the white man's way of life, you send them as a punishment. But those humble and loyal sons, follow you to the farm and when they come of age, you give them farmlands and wives if possible. But that's not the case anymore.

Apart from formal education abroad, I also encouraged my children to learn sellable skills. One of my son is a fashion designer and that is what puts food on his table in the UK. His college degree only reflects on his call cards.

I told this to my children (Daughters inclusive) never to marry a man or woman who has no verifiable means of income.

As for "Entitlement", I think every couple should have that mentality depending on the context.

The man is entitled to his wife's emotional commitment. She is his wife and this also applies to the man.

I am tired of typing.

To be truthful, i warned my son's against mingling with an average African woman. They simply don't want to know the truth. They hate the truth with Passion and that is why true feminism failed woefully here.

In the Diaspora, most men who want peace of mind avoid African women because of their "Entitlement Mentality" and how exploitative they are.

Many of these women don't work but enjoy proceeds of child support from numerous partners. You think it's a coincidence? No it not. It was deliberate.

They just want to seat at home, get fat, enlarge their butts and walk up and down the street like a pussy cat that resides in Buckingham Palace.

Should I talk about Nigeria, where you meet an average Nigerian lady and realise that;

1. She is a college graduate because a "Man" sponsored her in school (Both of them are no longer together as a couple).

2. She has a roof over her head because a "Man" made that available (She has no intention of marrying him).

3. She uses the best smartphone because a "Man" bought it for her (Just another random man).

4. She has clothes on her body because a "Man" gave her money for shopping (Obviously he is "One of those mugus"wink.

This same woman has no other skill but sexual skills. The only thing she can offer is "Sexual Intercourse", "Birthing Children" and "Companionship" but she expects the man to "Mark her birthdays with a brand new Escalade", "Buy her parents a new house and train her younger ones in school". Is that not exploitation?

This same woman hates her mother inlaw because she sees her as her rival. Anyway, women have always hated themselves from time immemorial, don't get moved when you see them shout in solidarity, it's just for a few seconds.

When asked about their contribution in the relationship or Marriage, some will say "I birthed children for him". But that's your natural default woman!

Even if you sleep with a sexually active mad man, you will get pregnant and birth for him.

Some will even say, "I satisfy him sexually. I gave him my body and soul". But that is same thing you did with your numerous ex lovers.

According to Pastor Sam Adeyemi, he said "If a woman does not help her husband financially, then how else does she want to help him".

In this age and time, it takes two adults who have a verifiable means of income to build a healthy family.

Cheers!

Everytime a Man speaks, he speaks with so much facts, rationality and wisdom.

Thumbs up Sir.

15 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 7:45am On May 23, 2020
xynerise:

grin grin. You don change?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Well maybe
I added more humor to my sense
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by anonymous1759(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

Some people will still find something wrong in this post most women are still living in Delusion.
Never Marry a lazy spouse.
If anything happens to you, your kids will be sent to do house maid because such person can't Carter for the child that's the end of the future for him or her except Grace sets in.

Only lazy and entitled people hate thread like this, marrying a hardworking spouse is another way of securing your kids future be wise don't be blinded by love. No matter how long it'll take you to get a good girl endure it. Never use money to entice a broke, lazy arse girl.

I'll rather marry a woman from other race who I'm sure of taking care of my kids, than marrying a lazy naija girl who'll split my children when the going gets though . We still have good woman here but are rare.

11 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by 300wayne: 7:46am On May 23, 2020
fatality.....lol....but u for no spit sha
Coborona:

I was expecting something better than this

Entitled man?

Come on... It's the other way round

I'm not disputing that there are entitled men..

But more women act entitled

Right from dating... Most Naija ladies to be specific start asking for money to fix hair, to buy phone...
Money that they can't ask their fathers
They were not there when he was hustling, just toasting a Naija babe alone. She starts feeling entitled... I need money for subscription....I want to fix this.... If you shut her down... She starts giving you attitude

I laff is this is the best counter thread y'all can come up with, this thread is a failure at best, like shooting yourself in the leg or scoring an own goal grin grin

Dead on arrival

Spits*
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by xynerise: 7:47am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:

Well maybe
I added more humor to my sense
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Well, I am expecting the humour grin

How family o jare? smiley
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 7:49am On May 23, 2020
xynerise:

Well, I am expecting the humour grin

How family o jare? smiley

Expecting?
Cant you see it already ni cheesy cheesy grin grin

Family dey oo
We open 2 eyes dey look the world
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by xynerise: 7:51am On May 23, 2020
Dyt:

Expecting?
Cant you see it already ni cheesy cheesy grin grin

Family dey oo
We open 2 eyes dey look the world
grin grin cheesy cheesy

Let me wash my face to read again grin

I don tire for this Lockdown abeg. I survive on Interstate movement. They should ease that one jor. Hungry don finish me here
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by sweetkev(m): 7:52am On May 23, 2020
queengift:
The worst mistake is marrying a vision less man, a man without focus in life,
A man that sees challenges as defeat or end of the road for him.
A man you can't trust or confide in.
A man that you can't lay your head on his shoulders during trials.
A man that is not intelligent
A man that lacks respect for women
A man that don't fear God
A man that's a homosexual.

Young lady be careful when choosing your partner. Is a life time journey.
Stupid lady. What are you bringing to the table except your p**sy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by MedicH: 7:52am On May 23, 2020
LivingSage:
Counter thread! I'm in love with this thread
You nailed it OP wink

The Op said nothing as a matter of fact. Just few words, a simple sentence and that does it for you?

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by pansophist(m): 7:54am On May 23, 2020
Arcbox:
when I read your post, i see that it's nothing but a total summary of the epistles of the average AFRICAN WOMEN. I thankGod that I got married to someone who I never had much before she join me in building the empire. Just to add alittle to your post. as someone who live in diaspora, I see the greatest percentage of young African women as a shame to the continent. God help you so you will not meet the girl from a poor village or home. Right in diaspora, the African girl have that mentality of entitlement that you have to pay rent for them, give money for hair, nails etc. I have witness were ladies from other continents will want to take you out and pay your bills but African girl will not. It's very bad when you are only thinking of receiving but not giving. I will use this to appeal to African girls to work hard and be nice. No man want a pest as a woman.
its natural that when good is done, good is reciprocated. African ladies please change your mentality of entitlement.

Story for the gods grin

African women change ? Lol, it will only get worse bro. Though, I share your optimism in the infinite possibilities of change, but to be realistic, the times of our parent are long gone. This is the time of Jezebel unleashed, so just enjoy the benefits as we all go down together grin

I'm only sad for present men who still see women as the innocent creatures such as their grandma and mothers, who dont understand that your modern woman is radical and savage to the core, who see men as a vehicle to her vanity, and a disposable utility after he outlived his utilities. Women by nature are community oriented, they discuss within themselves and redpill each other, recruiting the younger ones that even if you have a good girl, with social media, you may be dating a python.

I must admit, all these modern day Jezebel women are typical in countries within the western sphere of influence that have turned every loving girl into feminist wanna be, and breed them to be an absolute narcissist in the name of freedom and equality. There are few countries that I've been to that still have good women, but it's also rapidly changing, especially if such countries are within the sphere of influence from the west (such as nigeria that can't protect its culture, but download every nonsense from the west).

So bros, as for me and my bros, we are enjoying the decline on its ride downwards, I didnt caused it, and hell I wont solve it, I wont tell you how to enjoy it, but if you meet a good woman (I did, I am with her for five years now), you will know, and only then, you should commit, but she must worth it. She must o.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Omar09(m): 7:54am On May 23, 2020
post=89858595:

[s]Nairaland : A house of comedy and surprises.
Person wey call himself King Satan (out of all the usenames/moniker in the world!) copy and paste so tey, Satan even copy and quote Pastor Sam Adeyemi! grin cheesy wink
Person wey dey abuse God his creator 24/7 shocked
Nairaland : Never a dull moment! cheesy

We concur!
One of us @[/b] (Sisi Yewande) absolutely concur with this.
Just look at her shaking her head in agreement at the moment! wink

[b]Anyone Wanna know the characteristics of an entitled man that Dyt is talking about?!

Hehehehe cheesy grin, igbowoman has spoken, she just break d table patapata.
And she is so apt!
But a quick question please, what about if he is short and ugly but come get money like Dangote?!

Igbo kwenu! grin wink wink

Chai!
Ewoooo shocked
Madam kuku destroy the table finish! cheesy

Nwanne, ego di nma
......but 95% of ladies will disagree with you sha.
Na dat apparatus gangan dem want lipsrsealed
Apparatus of life!
Nothing fit replace am! tongue

End of Discussion[/s].
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by GeneralPula: 7:54am On May 23, 2020
Coborona:

Entitled man?

Right from dating... Most Naija ladies to be specific start asking for money to fix hair, to buy phone...
They were not there when he was hustling, just toasting a Naija babe alone. She starts feeling entitled... I need money for subscription....I want to fix this.... If you shut her down... She starts giving you attitude

I laff is this is the best counter thread y'all can come up with, this thread is a failure at best, like shooting yourself in the leg or scoring an own goal grin grin

Dead on arrival

Spits*

Had to help you add the picture. Their matter be like Ikoko wey Dey call kettle black.

Double Spits.

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by TemmyT002(m): 7:55am On May 23, 2020
Coborona:

Entitled man?

Dead on arrival

Spits*

They have been acting entitled since they were born.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Bablo08(m): 7:56am On May 23, 2020
Now we all can see what they call elder's opinion. Thank you for your point sir in fact you have said it all, now let's see how many of them have enough sense to reason like an adult instead of being a childish they always seems
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by 300wayne: 7:57am On May 23, 2020
Word
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Mdmelijah: 7:58am On May 23, 2020
The biggest mistake for a woman right now desiring and planning for happy home is to not join the best WhatsApp group on relationships

Whatsapp: 08120136979
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Bablo08(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2020
[quote author=KingSatan post=89841804]

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers![Now we all can see what they call elder's opinion. Thank you for your point sir in fact you have said it all, now let's see how many of them have enough sense to reason like an adult instead of being a childish they always seems

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Dyt(f): 7:59am On May 23, 2020
xynerise:

Let me wash my face to read again grin

I don tire for this Lockdown abeg. I survive on Interstate movement. They should ease that one jor. Hungry don finish me here

My broda
Motto e haf change
Survival is it

If I can survive 2020
God gat me all through the ones to come
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by cray91(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2020
see talk! entitled man ko, en subtitle man ni. guess you wrote this to gain womens attention but its bullshits all the way
sense of entitlement are for women not men
Dyt:
Never ever
I mean never settle for an entitled man

angry angry angry
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by TemmyT002(m): 8:00am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

Deep!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by fELiscatus: 8:01am On May 23, 2020
Remaboy:
At bolded, no dey copy me na grin

See how she carefully nit-picked that "women don't think" part of the comment just to start her childish insults.

Lol you are not serious.

Lol
Cry me a river broke dumbass
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by ogene70: 8:02am On May 23, 2020
Great insight sir ,
I have always said same to my Nephew never to marry a lady who has no means of income , it mustn't be a white collar job but at least having something other than sex to contribute in a marriage, marriage is far beyond child birthing and sex in 21st century ...I grew up seeing my Aunties and sisters helping out their husbands financially and even building houses of their own, so why should we end up with ladies who have nothing but overrated sense of entitlement.

My wife may not have been giving me money but the little contributions at home and selling my ideas to people around her has brought us so much financial fortunes, she's a perfect wife for modern day Nigeria...I lost my job in 2015 and I start my business exactly same year , 5 years after and we are far better than we were when I was employed and that's because she stood by me and gave her unflinching support( the entitled ones would have abandoned me and moved on).

On another note, kindly permit me to share this great insight on other platforms, at least it will help our ladies understand better.

KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

7 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by Nobody: 8:03am On May 23, 2020
https:///Djj8i49MqjgDKiF1ghCNcr Adult WhatsApp group for the matured minds
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by LordIsaac(m): 8:03am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!
A more perfect analogy, who can find! This is the conclusion of the whole matter. Well stated sir!

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman by UjuJoan2: 8:04am On May 23, 2020
KingSatan:

But that is the truth!

I am tired of typing.

Cheers!

I think it's pretty offensive to suggest that all a woman has to offer is sex and breeding in the home.

You see, older men like you is the real reason why men are in the delimma they find themselves now. They made it seem like going to work and making money is the only job that mattered in the home. They made it seem like women who stayed home with the kids did nothing but eat and get fat. So men became overbearing, domineering, annoyingly selfish. And why won't they after all, women had nothing to offer so have no right.

The only reason for their superiority was their ability to provide for their family and wife's needs.

And then things started changing. The economy began changing. Women started working, not just as hard but sometimes even harder than men. Women started providing, sometimes even more than the men.

But the men refused to change, now they realize that taking care of the home is not easy. They refuse to help with chores, they still want to be worshipped because that's the way they were raised. They still want regular freshly made meals and dry cleaning, because that's how it has always been. That's how it was for their fathers.

But what about the women, who now have to, in addition to being a primary home keeper, cater for the family? Who prepares their meals? Who does their dry cleaning?

The problem is that men want to eat their cakes and have it.

Women were never created to be providers, that's why nature made them the breeders. They are supposed to stay home and breed. But they don't even have that 'luxury' anymore. Now they also have to provide. And you think buying them a few clothes or an iphone is compensation enough?

You can be as condescending as you like, it doesn't make your myopic view on African women right.

I can't even count the number of women I know personally who are brwadwinners. I can't even count how many women I know who single handedly advanced their families. The jinx has been broken. That advantage you used to have over women is gone. Oh how that must hurt!!!

So when men expect to be worshipped despite depending on their wives financially, i blame it on our parents and their parents too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Viral Picture Of Mother And Her Daughters. Can You Spot The Mum? / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) / Husband Said He Is No Longer Gonna Make Out With His Wife Cos The Vagina Is Lax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 261
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.