Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region (4222 Views)

First Storey Building In The Old Eastern Nigeria 96yrs After: Pictures & Video / Yorubas Didn't Mock Benue During Their Ordeal, Ipob Did (myth Busters) / The Superiority Of The Western Region In 1969 As Published By NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 12:23pm On May 22, 2020
Note: This write up is not to promote tribalism

So during the late hours of yesterday in a heated conversation in a Topic created by ethnic supremacists in an attempt to rewrite history to favour their narratives, A well known moniker who goes by the alias of Anambra First Son claimed that the Eastern region under igbo administration had developed minority tribes more than other regions during the first republic of Nigeria.

Well! under cross examination by this writer, his claims were busted as mere myths.

Here are some of the claims busted as lies so far, others would come shortly.

Obudu cattle ranch

Rice mills in cross River

Platations etc..

Obudu cattle ranch resort

1) A quick check of the history of the famous Obudu cattle ranch resort shows that the Ranch was established in the year 1951 by British business men even before Nigeria was separated into three regions in 1954. So how could Eastern region government have developed something that existed before them?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obudu_Mountain_Resort

Rice factory in Cross River

2) According to the governor of Cross river state, his state had no rice mill until 2017. Hence, before they had a rice mill, the rice cultivated in Cross river area were taken to Abakaliki for processing. He even went on to allege that most of the rice called Abaliki rice were all gotten from Cross river state.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/ben-ayade-cross-river-to-complete-ogoja-rice-mill-before-december/brtc4bz

Plantations of cash crops

4) Plantations of cash crops had been on since the colonial periods, I honestly feel it's a new low for any region to claim plantation as an achievement of some sort. Every region emphasized its development around plantation of cash crops in the first republic

4) it also worth noting that the only two factories eventually sited in amongst the minorities in the East like the old Cement Factory in Cross river and Glass factory in Portacult were sited there only after MINORITIES IN THE WEST HAD LEFT TO FORM THEIR OWN REGION

So What happened from 1954 to 1963? Why did the igbo led East first set up a cement industry in Ebonyi in 1962 before Cross river? Your guess is as good as mine!

INSERT

Despite the shorter life of the Western region when compared to the Eastern region, The largest wood processing Factory in Africa was set up in Sapele by UAC during this time.

In addition, Awolowo left them a legacy that positioned Edo and Delta states as those with the highest level of literacy in the South South today, even as most Yorubas admit today that Awolowo should have treated the minorities better.

Stay tuned for the next episode of myth busters Nairaland edition.

16 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by slivertongue: 12:31pm On May 22, 2020
all of you making tribal threads have one thing in common - poor historiography .

why not endeavour ur energies to market the good in ur tribes. am sure ur neither Igbo or the minorities u claim to speak for

3 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2020
slivertongue:
all of you making tribal threads having one thing in common - poor historiography .

why not endeavour ur energies to market the good in ur tribes. am sure ur neither Igbo or the minorities u claim to speak for
Were igbos marketing their own tribe yesterday when they started attacking Awolowo's legacy and old western region?

13 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Seerade029: 12:39pm On May 22, 2020
OP, pls, change it from capital letter to small and bolded.
Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2020
Seerade029:
OP, pls, change it from capital letter to small and bolded.
Thanks already done.

1 Like

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Tyrant28: 12:46pm On May 22, 2020
My friend legendhero told me something a long time ago, he said "always verify anything an eboe man tells you" angry

18 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by slivertongue: 12:49pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Were igbos marketing their own tribe yesterday when they started attacking Awolowo's legacy and old western region?

you have finally revealed ur intension. all the tribal threads can't add or remove from the tribes u all attack. dem no no say una dey exist. Worst is that tribal thread presentations are whacked. SW under Awo is ur business not theirs and versa

2 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2020
slivertongue:

you have finally revealed ur intension. all the tribal threads can't add or remove from the tribes u all attack. dem no no say una dey exist. Worst is that tribal thread presentations are whacked. SW under Awo is ur business not theirs and versa
What was your intention yesterday?

My intentions have been revealed in the caption of this thread.

You don't need to be a secret agent to find out.

13 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 12:57pm On May 22, 2020
Tyrant28:
My friend legendhero told me something a long time ago, he said "always verify anything an eboe man tells you" angry
if it was verifiable, they would have been putting it in our faces a long time ago.

It's not in the nature of igbos to hide achievement or progress.

I know all the houses in Nnewi today without ever being to the city before because the Anambrafirstson of a boy has litred Nairaland with pictures of the city.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Tyrant28: 1:04pm On May 22, 2020
You are very correct, continue the good work.
Sunshineg5:
if it was verifiable, they would have been putting in our faces a long time ago.

I know all the houses in Nnewi today without ever being to the city before because the Anambrafirstson of a boy has litred Nairaland with pictures of the city.

8 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by slivertongue: 1:05pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:
What was your intention yesterday?
My intention has been revealed in the caption of this topic
You don't need to be a secret agent to find out
God forbid I can't descend so low to fight for tribe or religion. so count me out of your brouhaha.
ur take negates ur premise
Note: This write up is not to promote tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 1:07pm On May 22, 2020
slivertongue:

God forbid I can't descend so low to fight for tribe or religion.
so count me out of your brouhaha.

ur take negates ur premise

Note: This write up is not to promote tribalism.
Busting lies is not tribalism

You jumping up and down on a trend that lied about the Yorubas yesterday is full tribalism.

11 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by myobjective: 1:11pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:

Don't mind him. You will never see him preach this when others are being attacked by Ibo tribalist but whenever the table is about to turn, then you see them rushing down to say nonsense.

13 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by slivertongue: 1:13pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Busting lies is not tribalism

You jumping up and down on a trend that lied about the Yorubas yesterday is full tribalism.
u will get tired like others before you. I have given you enough attention.

enjoy

6 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 22, 2020
My south south brothers. If truely the Ibos are not wicked. Why did they move old Eastern capital from calabar to enugu?

At the same time, built the second capital in umuahia?

Was that not marginalisation?

14 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Seerade029: 1:28pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:
if it was verifiable, they would have been putting in our faces a long time ago.

You're very correct.
Lol.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Moneywomen17(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2020
Na today ibo don they lie. They say things with no proof. That’s why I don’t take them on their word.

10 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by unbitchable(m): 1:37pm On May 22, 2020
If you want to have a good laugh, let iboes open their mouths to talk. It's either they lie or exaggerate.

7 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Asgard13: 1:46pm On May 22, 2020
The severity of myth burst in Yoruba propaganda machinery on politics economy civilization by igbos have sent Yoruba on wild rage..

The age of internet is a blessing to sum and complete shame to others who have excelled in lies and propaganda

The latest deal is that igbos are tribalistic and hate every part of Nigeria .. another stale propaganda

Nigerians .. both in and out of he country ... new and old.. young and aged ... understands the weakness of all tribes in Nigeria

Is not a secret or a propaganda one region can just dished and believe everyone will discard their knowledge and follow a Yoruba opinion based on what na?

The tiv man understands the Yoruba man..
The Hausa man understands the Yoruba man
An ijaw man understands a Yoruba man
An akwAibomite understand the Yoruba man
The kanuri understands the Yoruba
The Zanta Kataf understand the Yoruba man..

I used Yoruba because daily the dish their Yoruba narrative and expect everyone to believe and when it’s counters ..
They won’t hesitate to lump you with igbos and call you names..with heavy insults as many of them are born with insults and often like each other insultives post as mark of solidarity grin

A tiv man has the history of Nigeria ... but a Yoruba will discard the tiv or any ethnic history and try to force his narratives on the tiv man.

Nigerians know Yoruba people more than the know themselves

You don’t travel or do business.. you don’t mixed with other Nigerians.. you believe your propaganda and spread it like truth to those who travel

In every state in Nigeria... after the locals .. igbos take ... before other strangers
Igbos have their excesses and Nigerians know this And not the lies spread by yorubas..

When you read a Yoruba talk about igbos... other ethnic groups already know reason for Yoruba “ hatred”

During the last presidential elections

The entire Yoruba nation was on nairaland spreading hate speech on igbos and pdp.. the call it igbo party and call igbos names
Infact I remember Tinubu visit to akwaibom.. with akpabio, many some should upload that thread..
Today akpabio is irreverent in akwaibom except for ukanafun.. even in his today office .. ijaws are fighting and writing petitions.

The tried hard to divide the south east and south south...and even middle belt..

WhT happened Election Day... Yoruba with all Awolowo divide and rule could not even win the entire south ... and have to bribe their way on IMO state
Jos Benue all went pdp..

Apc fought hard to rig.. but they failed .. succeeded in suppressing and increasing votes as to get advantages of increase voters cheesy

Personally I’m yet to understand why the unity of old eastern state is a huge threat to Yoruba nation
From the very beginning of Awolowo to date...and yet the more the try to pally with southern Nigeria, the more southerners reject them with brutality

Wike told them straight up.. same with ijaws ... akpabio complain of yorub we as governor .. politics change him and he lost his value.. same with ngige

What yorubas people don’t understand is that the south is fully awoken and are much aware of a Yoruba man oil antics..
Yoruba go Dey bite them Dey blow them... have you even seen Yoruba involve south in aguement ..instead they will use an eastern moniker to continue their divide and rule..which has been failing since the days of Awolowo till date..

The tried it on binis and failed and ever since then na igbos be their problem

They through federal government.. occupy all juicy position in all oil companies in south south.. claiming headquarters in Lagos as excuse
While the south south get gate men .. drivers , mechanics in same oil companies

Is just a matter of time.. the powder will blow...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by aworatak: 1:49pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Note: This write up is not to promote tribalism

So during the late hours of yesterday in a heated conversation in a Topic created by ethnic supremacists in an attempt to rewrite history to favour their narratives, A well known moniker who goes by the alias of Anambra First Son claimed that the Eastern region under igbo administration had developed minority tribes more than other regions during the first republic of Nigeria.

Well! under cross examination by this writer, his claims were busted as mere myths.

Here are some of the claims busted as lies so far, others would come shortly.

Obudu cattle ranch

Rice mills in cross River

Platations etc..

Obudu cattle ranch resort

1) [b]A quick check of the history of the famous Obudu cattle ranch resort shows that the Ranch was established in the year 1951 by British business men even before Nigeria was separated into three regions in 1954.So how could Eastern region government have developed something that existed before them?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obudu_Mountain_Resort

Rice factory in Cross River

2) [b]According to the governor of Cross river state, his state had no rice mill until 2017.Hence, before they had a rice mill, the rice cultivated in Cross river area were taken to Abakaliki for processing. He even went on to allege that most of the rice called Abaliki rice were all gotten from Cross river state.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/ben-ayade-cross-river-to-complete-ogoja-rice-mill-before-december/brtc4bz

Plantations of cash crops

4) Plantations of cash crops had been on since the colonial periods, I honestly feel it's a new low for any region to claim plantation as an achievement of some sort. Every region emphasized its development around plantation of cash crops in the first republic

4) [b]it also worth noting that the only two factories eventually sited in amongst the minorities in the East like the old Cement Factory in Cross river and Glass factory in Portacult were sited there only after MINORITIES IN THE WEST HAD LEFT TO FORM THEIR OWN REGION

So What happened from 1954 to 1963? [b]Why did the igbo led East first set up a cement industry in Ebonyi in 1962 before Cross river?[/b]Your guess is as good as mine!

Despite the shorter life of the Western region when compared to the Eastern region, The largest wood processing Factory in Africa was set up in Sapele by UAC during this time.

In addition, Awolowo left them a legacy that positioned Edo and Delta states as those with the highest level of literacy in the South South today, even as most Yorubas admit today that Awolowo might have treated the minorities better.

Stay tuned for the next episode of myth busters Nairaland edition.

The only thing that caught my attention in this garbage you posted was the bolded part.
It is important to clear the air on this falsehood you just posted before you pass it on to your gullible generations
The Nigerian Cement Factory(Nigercem) Nkalagu was set up by the colonial government around 1957/58. In 1961, the administration of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa decided to sell off the Federal Government's majority stake in NIGERCEM NKALAGU. Plans have been concluded by the Federal government to sell it's stake to a British consortium. However the Eastern Nigerian government headed by Dr. Michael Iheonukara Okpara convinced the Balewa administration to sell it's stake to the government of eastern Nigeria. For those that followed the privatisation process of Nigercem around 2004, the percentage of ownership were as follows:
The five south eastern states of Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo States controlled a 51% stake in Nigercem while the Federal government held an 11% stake in the company. The Federal government later sold it's 11%stake to the Ebonyi state government.
Cc Igboid, , Horsepower.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Igando666: 1:57pm On May 22, 2020
Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2020
aworatak:
The only thing that caught my attention in this garbage you posted was the bolded part.
It is important to clear the air on this falsehood you just posted before you pass it on to your gullible generations
The Nigerian Cement Factory(Nigercem) Nkalagu was set up by the colonial government around 1957/58. In 1961, the administration of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa decided to sell off the Federal Government's majority stake in NIGERCEM NKALAGU. Plans have been concluded by the Federal government to sell it's stake to a British consortium. However the Eastern Nigerian government headed by Dr. Michael Iheonukara Okpara convinced the Balewa administration to sell it's stake to the government of eastern Nigeria. For those that followed the privatisation process of Nigercem around 2004, the percentage of ownership were as follows:
The five south eastern states of Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo States controlled a 51% stake in Nigercem while the Federal government held an 11% state in the company. The Federal government later sold it's 11%stake to the Ebonyi state government.
Cc Igboid, , Horsepower.
You think lies would save you here

Check history of Nkalagu cement factory posted on your Eastern Nigeria Wikipedia page. I came prepared grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Region,_Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Igando666: 1:58pm On May 22, 2020
[s]
MinorityOpinion:
My south south brothers. If truely the Ibos are not wicked. Why did they move old Eastern capital from calabar to enugu?

At the same time, built the second capital in umuahia?

Was that not marginalisation?
[/s]
Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by aworatak: 2:01pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:

Check history of Nkalagu cement factory posted on your Eastern Nigeria Wikipedia page. I came prepared grin

It is obvious that you are an empty vessel when it comes to history. So you are relying on Wikipedia which any tom, dick, Harry and drunkard has access to. My advice to you is to carry out a research on your own to avoid making a great mockery of yourself.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:

Awolowo is a tribalist and died disgracefully.

1 Like

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by aworatak: 2:06pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:

If not for this pandemic i would have travelled to the East to access my father's archives collection. I hate it when one illiterate historian is attempting to twist history to suit his narratives.

4 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 2:07pm On May 22, 2020
aworatak:

It is obvious that you are an empty vessel when it comes to history. So you are relying on Wikipedia which any tom, dick, Harry and drunkard has access to. My advice to you is to carry out a research on your own to avoid making a great mockery of yourself.
It obvious you don't know how to argue

At least bring out any Source to support your fairy tale you posted earlier.

Even a separate source by Lafrage claims that the cement factory was established after the one in Ewekoro in 1959, So how could colonial masters have set up the cement factory in 1957? grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafarge_Africa

6 Likes

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 2:10pm On May 22, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Awolowo is a tribalist and died disgracefully.
And Ojukwu and Zik were heroes that led three million igbos to their early grave for nothing. cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by aworatak: 2:11pm On May 22, 2020
Sunshineg5:
It obvious you don't know how to argue

At least bring out any Source to support your fairy tale you posted earlier.

Even a separate source by Lafrage claims that the cement factory was established after the one in Ewekoro in 1959, So how could colonial masters have set up the cement factory in 1957? grin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafarge_Africa
Again with your reference to Wikipedia which is not a credible source of information. It is obvious that I am arguing with an indomie generation pikin.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Fatimaade: 2:12pm On May 22, 2020
Moneywomen17:
Na today ibo don they lie. They say things with no proof. That’s why I don’t take them on their word.

Loooooooooooool
Re: Myth Busters Episode One : Old Eastern And Western Region by Sunshineg5(m): 2:12pm On May 22, 2020
aworatak:

Again with your reference to Wikipedia which is not a credible source of information. It is obvious that I am arguing with an indomie generation pikin.
Please bring out other sources that supports your argument?

cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arotile: See Picture Of Ex-classmate Of The Female Pilot Who Knocked Her Down. / Aliko Dangote Is Nigeria Biggest Problem - Nnamdi Kanu / Niger Delta Will Not Be Part Of Biafra - Goodluck Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.