Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? (1192 Views)

Look at the Meal I Prepared With 2000 Naira In This Tight Economy. / The Meal I Prepared with just #500 As Dinner / See the meal a churchy Nigerian almost made me missed today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2020
I have been curious and remain as such.
This question keeps bothering my mind.
No matter the sumptuous delicacy with assorted meats and fishes, We (Africans especially) tend to eat the food and eat the meat at the last.
My question is; but why?
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by illicit(m): 11:42pm On May 22, 2020
African parenting grin
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 11:23am On May 23, 2020
Abi
I think it goes beyond African parenting now grin
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 23, 2020
grin
Used to do that way back when I was still living with my parents but now, one spoon equals to a bite of meat grin. So I finish both at the same time or the meat runs out first.

I believe its an African thing.
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Bitcoinomy(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2020
Just say its upbringing. Nothing more.
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by chii8(f): 11:09am On May 24, 2020
You wan make your Mama give you correct slap?? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Food never finish you dey near the meat or fish... funny thing is that even now I don't allow my kids do that simply because I believe that if they eat the fish or meat first, their stomach won't have extra room for the main meal...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Jessepaid(m): 10:18am On May 25, 2020
Pusyiter:
Abi
I think it goes beyond African parenting now grin
I thinks it's the mindset... the meat is seen as the reward here so you go through the food to get to the meat.. it helps you to finish the food something like a meat motivation

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by codinight: 12:14pm On May 25, 2020
Eulalia:
grin
Used to do that way back when I was still living with my parents but now, one spoon equals to a bite of meat grin. So I finish both at the same time or the meat runs out first.

I do this too.
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by BlissB(f): 1:11pm On May 25, 2020
It's an african thing....
Personally I don't eat much which I'm not happy about so I don't make the mistake of eating the meat when the food is yet to be finished, if not my belle go just tight.
My eating habit is really bad, I'm not proud of it......if I see junks I don't have business with cooked meals sad
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 9:48am On May 26, 2020
Hmmmmm
Great point I never thought of
Jessepaid:

I thinks it's the mindset... the meat is seen as the reward here so you go through the food to get to the meat.. it helps you to finish the food something like a meat motivation
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by PureGoldh(m): 7:35am On May 27, 2020
Funny enough but I do find myself doing that.

Maybe na because say na how mom trained me....to belleful first before going for the meat
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by CodeTemplar: 7:40am On May 27, 2020
Funny enough meat is like a sign of authority for us. The bigger, the better.
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2020
grin but unconsciously you still leave a piece of meat at the end abi
Eulalia:
grin

Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2020
Good one
You must be slim, fit and beautiful grin
BlissB:
It's an african thing....
Personally I don't eat much which I'm not happy about so I don't make the mistake of eating the meat when the food is yet to be finished, if not my belle go just tight.
My eating habit is really bad, I'm not proud of it......if I see junks I don't have business with cooked meals sad
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2020
HAHAHAHAHAHAA
No be lie
True African
CodeTemplar:
Funny enough meat is like a sign of authority for us. The bigger, the better.
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 9:00am On May 28, 2020
grin grin grin
Then the question is; meat dey belly full person pass the food?
chii8:
You wan make your Mama give you correct slap?? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Food never finish you dey near the meat or fish... funny thing is that even now I don't allow my kids do that simply because I believe that if they eat the fish or meat first, their stomach won't have extra room for the main meal...
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Solphiequeen(f): 9:08am On May 28, 2020
Back then it was a principle of delaying gratification.
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 9:29am On May 28, 2020
Was it a conscious principle or an unconscious one?
Solphiequeen:
Back then it was a principle of delaying gratification.
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Solphiequeen(f): 5:50pm On May 28, 2020
Pusyiter:
Was it a conscious principle or an unconscious one?

I think it was unconscious.
Re: Why Do We Eat Meat Or Fish Of A Meal After The The Meal? by Pusyiter(m): 8:45am On May 29, 2020
But how did we get to this point?
Solphiequeen:

I think it was unconscious.

(1) (Reply)

First Time Washing Beans For Moi Moi / Ofada Stew / Food That Elongate Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.