Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:04 PM

Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi (42050 Views)

Ukrainian Airliner Crashes Near Tehran, 180 People Suspected Dead / Bek Air Plane Crashes Near Kazakhstan's Almaty / Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Pacesetter123(m): 4:01pm On May 22, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
Sometimes I wonder how people feel inside a plane when a pilot warns that the plane has a problem and people should prepare for a crash landing, this word alone is enough to give you hypertension before the crash.
Not only hypertension, some people, expecially those with underlying heart problems most atimes died before the actual crash occur upon hearing the announcement from air hostess.

2 Likes

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Pacesetter123(m): 4:10pm On May 22, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Plane crash, the worst way to die, imagine the thoughts of the passengers and crew as the descend to their deaths.

My thoughts are with the family.
I tell u my bros.It is always horrible.Upon hearing de news dat de pilot-in-command has made MAY DAY declaration to ATC, a lot of people will die before de actual crash takes place.If he even declare PAM PAM..PAM PAM! it's a bit better cos dere is at least a little hope.

1 Like

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Okoroawusa: 4:13pm On May 22, 2020
praiseneo:
Been long I heard about this country
There was a time Pakistan was always in the news for terrorism fighting etc.

Meanwhile God airpus oooo
It's still fighting terrorism
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Siberia01(m): 4:16pm On May 22, 2020
Cammo:
Did he actually shout 'May-day' or "Allahu Akbar!"?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you no well
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Okoroawusa: 4:17pm On May 22, 2020
Na wa for this world o!

Airports are opening, lockdowns are being eased, flights are talking off now.... Next thing bam! Plane crash!!!

Somebody call NASA I want to relocate to Pluto this earth don tire me. At least I will still be in the universe.
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Iluvmycontr3: 4:20pm On May 22, 2020
braine:
Nowhere is safe

He that is not saved by Christ is not safe anywhere anytime.

1 Like

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by tyup(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2020
travelwaka:
This is Sad. Planes are still one of the safest means of transportation, this could have been due to a human error or an engine fault.

If you can survive 2020 nothing can shake you ever again.

Or the 3rd, an Act of God cool
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by tyup(m): 4:24pm On May 22, 2020
Ayemileto:

It's after investigations that the reason for the crash will be ascertained.

It can be due to manufacturer error (Airbus in this Case), Airline error (PIA) in this case or many other reason.

Lot's of things can lead to an aircraft crash.

Or an act of God

1 Like

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by tyup(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2020
Ayemileto:

Yes, I think Airbus has more when you look at percentage.

But the difference between Airbus and US made planes is that a good portion of accidents involving US made planes are due to manufacturer error which is not the case for Airbus.

The most annoying thing is that many of this US companies do know about the error during production.

You can read up on MD Douglas DC 10. The plane is just like this Boeing 737 Max that keeps crashing due to design flaw. Just like Boeing, the company actually know about the fault during production.

Boeing eventually bought the company sha, with many of the former owners coming to buy Boeing shares.

Exactly you actually watched the video on Aljazeera to right?

I remember him saying he told his Colleague he'll never board the 737 Max and wouldn't advise anyone to he also said smtin bout the management ignoring his Opinion

1 Like

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by tyup(m): 4:34pm On May 22, 2020
imam07:
a plane packed for months because of lockdown need serious service b4 another flight. If care is not take more of this can happen over the world. A plane engine doesn't like idleness.

Exactly that's why it kick start an hour or even more bfr flight and if a plane lands in MMIA and it's to take off in the next 5hrs the engine would still remain on ignition till its bout time to take off
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by tyup(m): 4:38pm On May 22, 2020
Carloslehder:
Are the passengers and the crew alright ,science has failed humanity once again, why can't they make retractable aeroplanes and stick big parachutes on the retractable wing.

Parachutes are expensive n besides you don't expect it to be in Abundance, a first timer would grab his parachute bag n want to escape if he encounters turbulence on air lead-in to commotion and it'll really make the pilot loose focus

so Boeing or Airbus knows what they're doing
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 22, 2020
seankim:
Heard there was no survivor. May their souls find peace.

There are two survivors
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by GoldHorse(m): 4:47pm On May 22, 2020
Imagine getting a call that your grandma in the village died of air crash....

....you will just laugh it off as April fool but is it?
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by maxpayne3: 4:48pm On May 22, 2020
RIP TO THE DECEASED. NOTHING LAST FOREVER!!! JUST GIVE YOURSELF TO JESUS CHRIST IF YOU HAVEN'T BECAUSE ALL THAT MATTERS ISN'T HERE BUT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF LIFE!
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Ayemileto(m): 4:56pm On May 22, 2020
tyup:

Exactly you actually watched the video on Aljazeera to right?

I remember him saying he told his Colleague he'll never board the 737 Max and wouldn't advise anyone to he also said smtin bout the management ignoring his Opinion

I didn't watch it on Aljazeera, but I read the report online.

If I remember correctly, they actually fired the guy.

But apart from that guy's own, based on the investigation reports I read online, a lot of secrets were uncovered, and it was discovered that lots of staffs had complained earlier on faulty parts, not just for the 737 Max alone, but some other aircraft in production.

All their complaints and report were ignored by management.
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Thevisualchef: 5:47pm On May 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Not true, sir.

Some countries chose not to go the full length. Some still allow even local flights to take off.

Besides, you can see that this is a local flight- talking about the plane involved in this accident.
you mean an Airbus A320 can't make an international trip?
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by YaksonFCA(m): 5:58pm On May 22, 2020
RIP. Condolences
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Thevisualchef: 6:01pm On May 22, 2020
tyup:

Exactly that's why it kick start an hour or even more bfr flight and if a plane lands in MMIA and it's to take off in the next 5hrs the engine would still remain on ignition till its bout time to take off
it's standard procedure not because the jet engine hates idleness but because they need to keep the engine running to determine if it's fit to travel till it takes off...
whether you keep the engine running for years before take off, you may lose both engines 5mins after take off ��
An aircraft engine just like every other engines needs proper servicing once it has been idle for a while and mind you this is not Nigeria so erase the thought of them putting an idle plane on the tarmac without it been properly serviced
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 22, 2020
Thevisualchef:
you mean an Airbus A320 can't make an international trip?

I never said so, sir.

But you can see from the story/post that the plane was doing a local route- Lahore[Pak] to Karachi[Pak] when it crashed.

1 Like

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Carloslehder: 6:32pm On May 22, 2020
tyup:

Parachutes are expensive n besides you don't expect it to be in Abundance, a first timer would grab his parachute bag n want to escape if he encounters turbulence on air lead-in to commotion and it'll really make the pilot loose focus

so Boeing or Airbus knows what they're doing
I'm not talking about distributing parachutes to everybody, the parachutes I'm referring to is a design some developers have suggested over the years,just 4 of this type of parachutes is strong enough to land the retractable part of the plane which will comprise of the passengers sit and the cockpit safely.
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Kinjikitileking(m): 6:56pm On May 22, 2020
Busolami2015:

Source: https://tourtelegraph.com/aviation/airlines/breaking-news-pakistan-international-airlines-pia-airbus-a320-crashes-near-karachi-pakistan/

The video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS2jI2Dftkg

Pakistan !!!
the country strong Sha ,, they have really developed

Pakistan and India ,,, very very strong enemies ,,,

they enmity never end ..

I remember many Indian movies that depicts those enmity ..
I remember veer (something) have forgotten the name

a Pakistan pilot that met an Indian girl ,,

very interesting movie,,
the guy was jailed because of the girl ,, the guy was pronounced dead but was rotten in Indian prison,,
so the girl out of love thinking that the guy has died ,,, abscond and went the Pakistan to live with guys family,,
very interesting movie
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by rationalhuman(m): 6:59pm On May 22, 2020
Opposite, Indian Pilot and Pakistani girl, Movie name Veer Zaara
Pilot rot in prison because of love, i watched that too

Kinjikitileking:

Pakistan !!!
the country strong Sha ,, they have really developed

Pakistan and India ,,, very very strong enemies ,,,

they enmity never end ..

I remember many Indian movies that depicts those enmity ..
I remember veer (something) have forgotten the name

a Pakistan pilot that met an Indian girl ,,

very interesting movie,,
the guy was jailed because of the girl ,, the guy was pronounced dead but was rotten in Indian prison,,
so the girl out of love thinking that the guy has died ,,, abscond and went the Pakistan to live with guys family,,
very interesting movie
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Billygee2u: 7:04pm On May 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Condolences to their Families !

At least 91 persons dead..

Their Last Call has been Made..

They have Gone to Answer the ALMIGHTY GOD

Repentance is past (RIP) for them..

They will either be told to Proceed or Depart based on who they Accepted And Believed before they kicked the bucket..

Let us , the Living Understand That it could be any of us!
We are not better than the dead... Neither are we alive due to the food we eat, The Security in our Homes, The size of our pocket or the Exercise we do. It Just the Mercy of GOD.

Let's Make Good use of that Mercy while we have Breathe in us.. Lets do away with Unrighteousness and Worldliness! Let's Make Peace with The Prince of Peace, JESUS CHRIST..

That's all that will Matter on the other side

There is little or no big deal in Death! The Next Destination after Death is The BIGGEST DEAL.

Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST is the only way to Eternal Bliss..

Kindly see our Signature to make that Decision

1 Like

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Kinjikitileking(m): 7:16pm On May 22, 2020
rationalhuman:
Opposite, Indian Pilot and Pakistani girl, Movie name Veer Zaara
Pilot rot in prison because of love, i watched that too

yeah Veer Zaara
yeah .. you got it ..
you got it real well ..

me that is forming hard man ,,, I somehow cried in that movie ,,, their love is epic ,, that love ,, that connection is awesome ,,
although that is idealistic love ...,,, I don't think it can happen in real life

but that movie is bad..,,
that movie baaaaddddd!!!!!!
and that female lawyer nailed it ,, she played her role well ...,, in real life ,, her role in that movie was humane ,, her role was humanitarian ...
that movie is awesome

Indians are creative in their movies ,,
you can never , never , ever predict the outcome of their movies ..

1 Like

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by stevups(m): 7:50pm On May 22, 2020
travelwaka:
This is Sad. Planes are still one of the safest means of transportation, this could have been due to a human error or an engine fault.

If you can survive 2020 nothing can shake you ever again.
May God help.
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by squad03: 9:03pm On May 22, 2020
This is what I feared may be a likely aftermath of the grounded planes affected by the global lockdown.
Maintenance is key for aircrafts,the fact that they haven't been in use doesn't mean you'll meet them the way they were left.
God help us all.
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by tonididdy(m): 10:23pm On May 22, 2020
Pacesetter123:
Not only hypertension, some people, expecially those with underlying heart problems most atimes died before the actual crash occur upon hearing the announcement from air hostess.
so so true.
I remember one flight like that, I was on window seat and it was night flight... half way into the journey it started to rain heavily with wicked lightning and heavy turbulence.
I fainted or so lol... woke up some mins later to calm.

I never ever sleep on a flight never.... that's why I conclude that day I actually went unconscious.
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Xioxing: 11:09pm On May 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
Condolences to their Families !

At least 91 persons dead..

Their Last Call has been Made..

They have Gone to Answer the ALMIGHTY GOD

Repentance is past (RIP) for them..

They will either be told to Proceed or Depart based on who they Accepted And Believed before they kicked the bucket..

Let us , the Living Understand That it could be any of us!
We are not better than the dead... Neither are we alive due to the food we eat, The Security in our Homes, The size of our pocket or the Exercise we do. It Just the Mercy of GOD.

Let's Make Good use of that Mercy while we have Breathe in us.. Lets do away with Unrighteousness and Worldliness! Let's Make Peace with The Prince of Peace, JESUS CHRIST..

That's all that will Matter on the other side

There is little or no big deal in Death! The Next Destination after Death is The BIGGEST DEAL.

Salvation Through JESUS CHRIST is the only way to Eternal Bliss..

Kindly see our Signature to make that Decision
you sound hungry and depressed!!

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by madjune(m): 11:21pm On May 22, 2020
Coronavirus.

E no go better for you.
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by Nobody: 4:50am On May 23, 2020
mrcommonsense:
so even airbus has faults

1 Share

Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by mmsen: 5:52am On May 23, 2020
lonelydora:
O boy eehh!!

We are talking of corona virus, cyclone is hitting India and plane crash is hitting Pakistan.

May God help us.

Us?

Are you in India? Pakistan?

Let them carry their own wahala.
Re: Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Crashes Near Karachi by AFONJACOW(m): 6:12am On May 23, 2020
Another terrorist on the loose I thought they are observing fasting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Popular Bus Stops Within Abuja / "Motor Accident Is Bae", Man Takes Selfie After Surviving An Accident (photo) / Kano Is Beautiful (See Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.