Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary (30798 Views)

States’ Legislature, Judiciary Financial Autonomy: FG Releases Details / Reno Omokri: Heads Of Executive, Legislature, Judiciary, Army Northern Muslims / Buhari Constitutes Committee On Autonomy Of State Legislature (FULL LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by senatordave1(m): 10:30pm On May 22, 2020
tiwasiaife:
Was it not same buhari that signed financial autonomy of local governments given them power to receive a location direct from abuja without joint account with state government? Till today are they autonomous? NO

He did not,there was no such bill.he only empowered nfiu an organ of the efcc to indirectly induce LGA autonomy
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Legitist: 10:31pm On May 22, 2020
GOOD MOVE....
Now that the arms of government has been worked on, the next focus should be ties of government.
Hence, we are gradually gravitating towards true federalism; delay is not denial!
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by CyberWolf: 10:34pm On May 22, 2020
Nice one, these criminal governors are like emperors in their respective States, times to put them where they belong. Remaining Local Governments.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by IMASTEX: 10:38pm On May 22, 2020
The comments clearly show those trying to defend the government before now, that it was needless. When a government does what is important, they don't need #30,000 social media aids to defend them. The people are wise enough to know what is good. I keep saying that every politicians know what is best for the country, but greed is preventing them. Institution should be more empowered to work. LGA should also be given autonomy, 4 years two tenures. Restructuring, regional structure, FG reducing exclusive list, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 22, 2020
AdaoraNK:
I small political permutations.

When the state legislature and judiciary are financially independent from the governors, they will be proactive to in discharging their duties. Hense the governor can not use them rather they will point directly to the governor whenever he errs and can impeach the governor if found wanting.

Now the question is, why won't he sign same executive order for financial autonomy to federal legislature and judiciary. They definitely know that Buhari can be impeached in a space of 90 days.

Now they have set in machinery to deal with governors ahead of 2023 election. These will aid them to maneuver within any state. Since the state legislature and judiciary are now financially independent from the state executive.

Though they are independent 'in the books' but these financial autonomy is the final set free.

I don't know how these evil set of people found there way into ruling this country. Oh! I remember, was through 'unrealistic propaganda and fake promises!

Please correct me if wrong but the federal legislative and judiciary gets there money from the federal account through their statutory budget...

I don't know if it is passed to them or the money passes through Executive.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by surgical: 11:16pm On May 22, 2020
akigbemaru:

Very correct! Thanks!
correct lawyer died with Gani and bamidele aturu,all the ones around now are jeun jeun
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2020
You got this right Mr Buhari,congratulations !

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by lekonso: 11:52pm On May 22, 2020
What of the Fed legislature and judiciary. Don't they deserve financial autonomy?
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Kelejonz: 12:06am On May 23, 2020
middlebelter:
[s]I am not one of your fans, but I must confess, this is a good development Mr. President. Thank you.[/s]
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:37am On May 23, 2020
Yenefer:
Awesome! Democracy dies in darkness
Hopefully soon Buhari will see the reason to Restructure Nigeria before he hands over in 2023. That’s the best legacy he can bequeath the next generation and he will forever be remembered. l for, Restructure Nigeria Now!

please does the presidency have powers to do this ??

buhari is meddling in the affairs of the states

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:48am On May 23, 2020
lekonso:
What of the Fed legislature and judiciary. Don't they deserve financial autonomy?

is buhari still plan to leave office by 2023 ?? which one is executive power 008 i thought we are in democracy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Kdon2: 1:22am On May 23, 2020
fergie001:
President Muhammadu Buhari signs Executive Order 10 of 2020 granting financial autonomy to State Legislature and State Judiciary

https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1263891682430517254?s=19

https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1263892735184064518?s=19

Local government authority is very critical if he is serious.
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Udyawanga: 3:58am On May 23, 2020
Wow!!! This is beautiful. The era of executive taming legislative and judiciary will go for ever. The biggest stick to control a man is power of finance. Since both legislative and judiciary is free financially, they can checkmate the executive.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by middlebelter(m): 4:08am On May 23, 2020
ikabasa1:
you need to be isolated..what we need is Local government autonomy.

As a student of Political Science, you are expected to know how crucial separation of power is in a presidential democracy. The three Arms cannot be kept in water tight compartment but anything that will support true independence of the different arms especially the legislature and judiciary from executive will make democracy more vibrant.
Maybe I should also let you know our LG is a product of our imperfect Presidential democracy. The real semblance of Federating Units is the States.

Remember, you can only isolate victims of Covid-19. I hope you are obeying the stay safe rules?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by HAJJIMUKHTAR: 4:13am On May 23, 2020
middlebelter:
I am not one of your fans, but I must confess, this is a good development Mr. President. Thank you.
your uprightness is sighted......
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by igbowoman: 4:53am On May 23, 2020
President that nobody has seen live
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Seaneverdries1(m): 4:56am On May 23, 2020
Macphenson:
Good one from Buhari. When you get it right , we appreciate you.

The only leaving legend in Nigeria politics left his this Buhari and he has power and strong head to change many things but I didn't know the reason he is noT doing it.
Hope baba can change the whole constitution at large before 2023.... It not favouring the citizens
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by AFONJACOW(m): 5:01am On May 23, 2020
When is he signing resources control bill by states ? Keep deceiving unah useless selves
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by ikabasa1(m): 5:28am On May 23, 2020
middlebelter:

As a student of Political Science, you are expected to know how crucial separation of power is in a presidential democracy. The three Arms cannot be kept in water tight compartment but anything that will support true independence of the different arms especially the legislature and judiciary from executive will make democracy more vibrant.
Maybe I should also let you know our LG is a product of our imperfect Presidential democracy. The real semblance of Federating Units is the States.

Remember, you can only isolate victims of Covid-19. I hope you are obeying the stay safe rules?
financial autonomy to the legislature has no much economy impact to the people as most state Governors hardly temper with legislative financial budget to have their way but Local government is always at the mercy of the state Governors. Stay safe bravo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by omonnakoda: 6:12am On May 23, 2020
Does he have such authority?
This sounds like a constitutional issue
At any rate these execut9orders are of dubious legality

The right thing should be done the right way
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by omonnakoda: 6:13am On May 23, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

Even at the federal level he does not
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by lagosrd: 6:34am On May 23, 2020
This guys are perfect confusionist.instead of looking for how to manage finances after the covid period you're busy creating confusion in various states . the governors now will just be looking at those speakers and their legislooters like dem no born you well
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Niaja4real(m): 6:45am On May 23, 2020
fergie001:
President Muhammadu Buhari signs Executive Order 10 of 2020 granting financial autonomy to State Legislature and State Judiciary

https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1263891682430517254?s=19

https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1263892735184064518?s=19

This Supreme Court President sef!
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Chuck72: 6:56am On May 23, 2020
Nice one from president
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Yenefer(f): 7:20am On May 23, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

it's a good thing. The governors are abusing there power
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by EagleNest(m): 7:55am On May 23, 2020
More of this Buhari...this is what Nigeria needs. Change!
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by InvertedHammer: 7:58am On May 23, 2020
Zuriel23:
Really?
The speed at which Mr President has been signing bills into law these days, it seems there's hope that he will soon sign the amendment of the electoral reform bill.
/
I am worried that he may unwittingly sign his resignation letter.

/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Sterope(f): 8:37am On May 23, 2020
For what?
DrGoodman:
What we really need, is state policing.
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by basadenet: 9:42am On May 23, 2020
Personally I am not a fan of PMB but this time, he did this one right.. To further shows that he meant well for Nigerians, let him sign electoral bull into law..
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by middlebelter(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2020
jrusky:

You are right but did you realised it seems Buhari network started working effectively since that Abbawhatever died of Corona

Hmnnn. Please let's allow Abba the son of Kyari rest in peace. People at the corridors of power must have learnt some lessons of the game of power from his death.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by Aguogba(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2020
Jack500:
Wow! This is wonderful, gradually we will get to resources control and true federalism.

We Thanks Buhari for this.

God bless Southwest
God bless Nigeria.
while I want to say that this is a nice development, we should not forget that it was the status quo before (1999-2007) and local government politicians were ruthlessly killing and maiming one another. Looting at the grassroot was also massive then which prompted an amendment to cut their wings.
However, since we have tasted the ills of both sides and came back to what it is supposed to be, I hope grassroot politicians will behave.
Re: Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary by kenny160: 11:12am On May 23, 2020
this one sound good, no problem restructuring in progress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Military Gets Two Boeing 747 Jets Loaded With Weapons / The Strategic Implementation Plan For 2016 Budget Is Finally Released By The FG / Adeyanju To Justice Nyako: Step Down From Kanu's Trial, Your Husband Is Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.