Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) (9783 Views)

Beware Of This Car Dealers Scammers On Jiji And All Car Selling Website / My Debit Card Was Compromised 3 Days After Using It to Pay For A Car Ads On Jiji / Unbelievable Cheap Prices For Toyota Cars On Jiji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Lexusgs430: 7:30am On May 23, 2020
chronique:

Well said. All I see is ignorance on this thread. OP doesn't even know that rear end accident cars are more expensive than those with impact in front, on the auction.

But you know they would fix it with the budget of cowboys.........

And allow the new owner get a nice surprise, when rear ended......... cheesy
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Tatatutu: 7:32am On May 23, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Kai, you're very generous....... My offer would not exceed 200K......

Take it or leave it.......
The cost price of the one posted above is about 700k aside auction fees, ocean freight and clearing. But if they finish working on it you won't know

1 Like

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Lexusgs430: 7:33am On May 23, 2020
Tatatutu:

The cost price of the one posted above is about 700k aside auction fees, ocean freight and clearing. But if they finish working on it you won't know

Make i manage my pushbike dey go.... Low maintenance..... wink
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by calculusx(m): 7:46am On May 23, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I can't pay 2.5 million, but would be happy to pay 1.3.......

NB : Vehicle that is almost 20 years old..... 2.5 kini.......... cheesy

If you must drive a non-accident Corolla, be prepared to pay handsomely for it. The 2004 model below will land at a cost of #1,904,000 without profit. This is non-accident with mileage slightly above 200k. Those with lower miles are more expensive

1 Like

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by diportivo: 7:47am On May 23, 2020
GeoandSONSLTD:
Calm down bro

I leave u to bask in ur new found euphoria non teary eyed seller

tokunbo wey get elizade sticker grin grin grin

awon werey grin

7 Likes

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Deoboss(m): 7:47am On May 23, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I can't pay 2.5 million, but would be happy to pay 1.3.......

NB : Vehicle that is almost 20 years old..... 2.5 kini.......... cheesy

$Dollar cost now ooo

1 Like

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by omonla10(m): 8:09am On May 23, 2020
FrancisAdl:

Even with that damage, It would cost the seller nothing less than 1.2m to purchase, ship and clear. Corollas are gems in auction sites dues to e-hailing demand
Plus the damage is not that bad
not less than 1.4m
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by omonla10(m): 8:14am On May 23, 2020
cleared a 2004 Sienna yesterday.. the car clean die.. navigation system, DVD, leather seats, fairly good mileage.. it cost almost 2.5m to land in Nigeria.. cos the auction reciept was there.. almost 3,500 dollars.. clearing 500k, shipping 500k...the owner declared its for personal use.. its way beyond selling standard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by cruzmusic(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2020
Work with the best & get the best out of your music carrier....
For your music production, beat-making, mixing & mastering, jingles, mix-tape.
All services are at affordable price.
Dial or Whatsapp: 07015045406
Contact Address: Lekki/Ajah, badore road, beside Away-lounge, Lagos Island.

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by chronique(m): 8:49am On May 23, 2020
calculusx:

If you must drive a non-accident Corolla, be prepared to pay handsomely for it. The 2004 model below will land at a cost of #1,904,000 without profit. This is non-accident with mileage slightly above 200k. Those with lower miles are more expensive

Bro, we've been here long enough to see all these kind of discussions pop up year in year out and to be honest, it will still continue coming up. One thing is sure and that is the fact that most buyers are not yet ready to come to terms with the reality of prices of cars viz a viz the standard that they seek.
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 9:18am On May 23, 2020
If you wish to check your VIN use this link,
https://www.nairaland.com/5393967/price-update-vic-vinchecks
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by calculusx(m): 9:27am On May 23, 2020
chronique:

Bro, we've been here long enough to see all these kind of discussions pop up year in year out and to be honest, it will still continue coming up. One thing is sure and that is the fact that most buyers are not yet ready to come to terms with the reality of prices of cars viz a viz the standard that they seek.

Punchline. The attached will also land at a cost of #2.1m. Will I buy such Car to resell for profit? NEVER EVER. Buyers need to be reasonable and be realistic. Gone are the days when $1 was #280

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by femi4: 9:33am On May 23, 2020
promotervickky:

Funny the price was still high 1,650m
The impact was from behind, That's why the price is still high.

There is nothing wrong in buying accidental cars, to be on a safe side, go for cars that the damage is from behind.

1 Like

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 9:40am On May 23, 2020
Still, they're other private dealer auctions whereby you can get a clean corolla for a cheaper price.

And yes, the price is increasing due to the pandemic. If it increases you have the right as a dealer to increase your price, which is normally done. But increase on old stock and not new.
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by pek(m): 10:23am On May 23, 2020
incogni2o:

How much will you bye buy this.

Pla tell me
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by incogni2o: 10:25am On May 23, 2020
[quote author=pek post=89867193][/quote]

Thanks, but he can't understand me right?

I dont appreciate your correction Man.
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by pek(m): 10:44am On May 23, 2020
incogni2o:

Thanks, but he can't understand me right?

I dont appreciate your correction Man.
You quoted me wrongly.
You don't have!
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Gbotun(m): 10:44am On May 23, 2020
CarGuideNGR:

Please what's the name of this site?
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by chronique(m): 12:14pm On May 23, 2020
calculusx:

Punchline. The attached will also land at a cost of #2.1m. Will I buy such Car to resell for profit? NEVER EVER. Buyers need to be reasonable and be realistic. Gone are the days when $1 was #280

Just take a look at the threads for corolla adverts and see how much they are pricing. You'd see stuffs like "can it fly for 1.5m"? Or "let it go for 1.6m cash down"... I get loads of requests for corolla every day and the budgets are never encouraging(1.5/1.6m).
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2020
chronique:

Just take a look at the threads for corolla adverts and see how much they are pricing. You'd see stuffs like "can it fly for 1.5m"? Or "let it go for 1.6m cash down"... I get loads of requests for corolla every day and the budgets are never encouraging(1.5/1.6m).

Very true, that's how one wasted my resources, man was very stingy.

He said he don't mind waiting for a cheap one for 2months grin
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 3:00pm On May 24, 2020
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by LordTerix: 7:42pm On May 24, 2020
I am currently in the market for a foreign used Lexus and this salvage/lemon/rotten thing is driving me crazy!!

Immediately the VIN reveals the nature of the thing before me, I take off! No be me my village people go use shine grin

The title must be clean and I'm willing to pay waaay extra for this smiley

Seriously, instead of govt. regulation limiting the age of cars that can be imported, they should have placed a total ban on lemons and all things scrap instead.

There is no joy in shelling out several millions and taking home some piece of scrap because of some super greedy car dealer who even desperately tries to hide the true condition of the car you want to buy!!

1 Like

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2020
LordTerix:
I am currently in the market for a foreign used Lexus and this salvage/lemon/rotten thing is driving me crazy!!

Immediately the VIN reveals the nature of the thing before me, I take off! No be me my village people go use shine grin

Seriously, instead of govt. regulation limiting the age of cars that can be imported, they should have placed a total ban on lemons and all things scrap instead.

There is no joy in shelling out several millions and taking home some piece of scrap because of some super greedy car dealer who even desperately tries to hide the true condition of the car you want to buy!!

Well said
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Trustme2(m): 9:04pm On May 24, 2020
LordTerix:

Bro no pun intended. Car dealers are not to be blamed. The solution to the problem is simple. When you want to buy a car, tell the dealer you want a clean title vehicle. Those categories are always available but not at the regular market price.

1 Like

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 9:39pm On May 27, 2020
Be on the safe side, check your ViN today and thank me later https://www.nairaland.com/5393967/vic-vinchecks
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by LordTerix: 10:34pm On May 27, 2020
Trustme2:

Bro no pun intended. Car dealers are not to be blamed. The solution to the problem is simple. When you want to buy a car, tell the dealer you want a clean title vehicle. Those categories are always available but not at the regular market price.

In my experience, this is NOT true!

I have inspected more than 45 cars in the last 3 months.

The first thing I tell the dealer is that[b] I want a vehicle with a clean title. [/b]

All the dealers, without any exception, say they have clean titles, that they don't do accidented or flood stuff etc.

And boy, were they convincing till I ran the VINs - that is when you begin to hear shameless stories such as 'we removed the front bumper and mirrors from the vehicle in the US and declared it as accidented to reduce clearing costs' etc.

Nigerian car dealers are a shameless lot and will do everything in their power to scam the uninformed.

Then again, there's the issue of mileage roll back! Gosh, these folks will not make heaven!!

At a car stand on one of my car hunting trips, I met two women who could not tell an alternator from a condenser trying to buy a foreign used corolla.

I shook my head silently as they were led to the slaughter slab cry

I knew, instinctively that in less than 6 months, it will climax in tears for them!

Naija car dealers, I repeat, will not see the face of the Lord!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by promotervickky(m): 11:21pm On May 27, 2020
LordTerix:

In my experience, this is NOT true!

I have inspected more than 45 cars in the last 3 months.

The first thing I tell the dealer is that[b] I want a vehicle with a clean title. [/b]

All the dealers, without any exception, say they have clean titles, that they don't do accidented or flood stuff etc.

And boy, were they convincing till I ran the VINs - that is when you begin to hear shameless stories such as 'we removed the front bumper and mirrors from the vehicle in the US and declared it as accidented to reduce clearing costs' etc.

Nigerian car dealers are a shameless lot and will do everything in their power to scam the uninformed.

Then again, there's the issue of mileage roll back! Gosh, these folks will not make heaven!!

At a car stand on one of my car hunting trips, I met two women who could not tell an alternator from a condenser trying to buy a foreign used corolla.

I shook my head silently as they were led to the slaughter slab cry

I knew, instinctively that in less than 6 months, it will climax in tears for them!

Naija car dealers, I repeat, will not see the face of the Lord!!

I am very unhappy with them.

I checked out a lot of Camry 2012/2013 VIN today, all of them where salvaged cars with 97% percent of them having substantial damages..

A lot of dead cars are in Nigeria refurbished and selling for an high price, don't fall a prey, always check your ViN.
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by staneless(m): 12:40am On May 28, 2020
Tatatutu:

Then be ready not to buy a car in Nigeria. This damage isn't bad compared to some others especially those with front damage. 95% of cars in Nigeria are imported like this, repaired and sold. But if you want a clean title car, then be ready to pay handsomely. They don't come cheap.

A friend of mine bought her clean title 2006 corolla from a US based car dealer. The money she spent in total in bringing her car to abj was little above 1.8m. Nothing like "they don't come cheap", pls...most car dealers are greedy. Besides, these cars are like pure water in USA
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by Dan18(m): 2:47am On May 28, 2020
LordTerix:

What Lexus model and year are you looking for?
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by kaze4blues(m): 7:13am On May 28, 2020
I have a question.

I have heard that camry from 2007 to 2009 have a problem of shorting oil.

Is this a serious problem one should be worried about?

Responses will be appreciated.
Re: I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) by alllush: 8:44pm On May 28, 2020
kaze4blues:
I have a question.

I have heard that camry from 2007 to 2009 have a problem of shorting oil.

Is this a serious problem one should be worried about?

I intend to get a 2007 camry and this has been the only thing holding me back.

Responses will be appreciated.
Yes, this is true. I use a 2009 model and it's really noticeable. After a periodic servicing, it takes less than 5,000 miles before the oil goes down again.

I also have a 2010 for sale if you are interested in a tokunbo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ship Update ! Check Your Ship Arrival. / CARS45 ABUJA INVENTORY!!!! / 2008 Toyota Camry SE ( Preordered, Leather, SE, Dvd, We Made It Again )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.