Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Diary In Royal Priesthood - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary In Royal Priesthood (450 Views)

My Life In Royal Pros High / My Life In Royal Pros High / My Life In Royal Hill High School Prologue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary In Royal Priesthood by MoneyMindset(m): 10:59pm On May 22, 2020
Prologue
"Who stole my pant again?"
A female student shouted from the next block.
Wonder shall never end. Girls never ceased to amaze me, how could you steal a fellow girl's panties?
It doesn't even surprise me, if care is not taken, they won't hesitate to steal a whole human being in this hostel and the person won't even know.
"What kind of question are you asking?Where did you put it? If not that you are careless, how would it have been stolen?", A girl shouted at her from a room next to hers.
Soon, a fight will ensue, wait and see.
"Did you steal it, ehn? I did not even face you and you are just driving one way with that your big mouth, did I call you?" The girl looking for her pants said.
"Are you talking to me? O ma go o!(You are stupid)"
But before the fight could get out of hand, one of the hostel prefects came in to stop their rants, and that's how they killed our morning show for us.
"Tiwa, won't you go and take your bath before those women come and chase us, do you want to be punished?", My roommate who is an S.S 3 student said as I quickly obeyed rushing into the slippery public bathroom in which I met over twelve students taking their bathe.
Some were singing making the bathroom sound like church and others were talking.
This was a daily routine for Hostel Students in Royal Priesthood high School...
~°~
So this is the prologue, what do you guys think?
Re: Diary In Royal Priesthood by MoneyMindset(m): 11:05pm On May 22, 2020
Chapter 1
It was another week of holiday coaching for the S.S 2 and S.S 3 students of RPHS.
Another week of pretending to be learning when actually showing off our collection of beautiful and expensive clothes since we didn't need to be in our school uniforms.
Holiday coaching was mainly a time for show off and an avenue for waywardness in my school.
The coaching was compulsory for the S.S 2 and S.S 3 students while it was optional for other lower classes.
We were to resume a new session soon in which we had no choice other than to stay in the school hostel so as to be serious as the management put it.
It was the beginning of the fifth week of the coaching and I was very eager to get to school, not because I was eager to learn like my parents thought but because there was always a new gist to hear, no day passes by in RPHS without a drama.
I was dressed in one of my blue Jean trousers and a red sleeveless top with my black rubber slippers.
I added a little brown powder which belonged to my mum to my face and put a sticky nude lip gloss on my lip and I was good to go!
I rushed out of our flat to meet Eniola waiting for me outside her own flat in the same compound.
Eniola and I had been friends since J.S.S 1 even though we were literally the opposite of each other but then according to physics, like poles repel and unlike pole attract.
While I was a tall fair girl with a very dark long hair, I loved making up even though I was not good at it, Eniola on the other hand was a short dark girl who was always on low cut and liked to read a lot. She never puts on earrings, in-fact, she didn't even pierce her ear, you could never see trousers and make up on her. Her skirts and gowns were always long, she was the typical description of an S.U (Scripture union) like Nigerians are fond of calling people like her.
She even liked overdoing hers, she doesn't care about what she wears and how she looks like, she was a typical bookworm and asides that, she went to church almost everyday. It was not like she had a choice though.
"Enny, couldn't you at least comb your hair? This one that you are looking like Dada!" I teased her.
"Please, leave me alone! Not everyone has the time to be checking mirror every five minutes." She snapped at me while I just rolled my eyes at her outburst, typical Eniola.
We boarded a taxi to school and as soon as we stepped foot on the school's compound, Seun, one of my school daughters in J.S.S 2 rushed to my side.
"Senior Tiwa, did you hear about what happened?" She whispered without even greeting first, Seun loved to gossip a lot, she was always the first person to hear gists in the school.
"You couldn't even greet? What is it?", I questioned ready to listen to the gist while Eniola just hissed.
Enny loved forming holy holy, she was too religious, she didn't like liars, gossipers and show offs, so of course, she never liked Seun.
Funny enough, I still don't understand why she was friends with someone like me since I was all of that.
"They said that a Junior student in J.S.S 3 wrote love letter to Senior Oreoluwa!"
Eh! J.S.S 3 student?!.
"Eh eh!, Na wa o! Those girls that are yet to even have visible breasts! Wetin man no go hear in this school? So what did ore do?" I asked irritated at the news.
Oreoluwa was one of the cutest boys in my class, most girls in my class liked him, some S.S 3 girls even wanted to date him.
To be sincere, I also did have a tiny crush of mine on him but I was not as shameless and desperate as some girls.
He was even the best student in my set and you know Nigerian school girls like following fine boys that are brilliant, at least in my own school.
"Trust Senior Ore now! He tore the letter and threw it at the girl just after reading the content to the crowd, I laughed, ehn!", Seun replied chuckling.
Now, even though Ore was the best student, he was arrogant and troublesome, but who cares, I had never gotten under his bad side before and the teachers overlooked his flaws too, he was the typical teacher's pet.
"Aagh! I have missed a lot just this early morning. Enny, why didn't we come earliersef?" I asked while biting my fingers in mock regret.
"Early morning at 9.00am, it's like you don't know what you are saying!" Enny said hissing as she left.
"What is wrong with this Senior Enny sef and she'll be doing as if she's holier than God!" Seun said as soon as Enny was out of sight.
"Leave her alone, is she your mate?... What were you saying, my friend? Who is the girl?"
"It is Funke na!" Seun answered as if she had told me the girl's name before.
"Which Funke?" I asked even though I was already brainstorming about which Funke it could be
Re: Diary In Royal Priesthood by MoneyMindset(m): 10:49am On May 26, 2020
"The same Funke that lives in hostel, that girl that used to wet her bed when she was in J.S.S 2, the one that is fat like this, teachers like calling her Omo Fela Kuti. Don't you know Funke Anikulapo?!", Seun said describing the girl in the most ridiculous ways she could even though she could have said the girl's surname and I would have known who she was talking about.
But knowing Seun, she had to put drama in everything.
Funny enough, she dare not call the girl's name in her presence without adding senior.
"Wonders shall never end! So they are already giving that girl liver too?, How could she even think of having a chance with Ore?!"
I was bewildered, here I was thinking of one fine Funke not knowing that it was orobo (fat) and smelly funke, I was not trying to body shame her or anything, I just love to call a spade a spade and not sugarcoat it.
Aside from been fat, that girl smelled like poultry, if you sit next to her for a long time, I promise you that you would faint due to her body odour.
She was this short fat dark girl whose uniform was always worn out, dirty and untidy. Her hair was nothing to write home about.
Some people just need to learn how to stay in their own lane.
"Let me go to my class and hear the remaining gist, our civic teacher will soon be here." I said as Seun and I went our separate ways.
Re: Diary In Royal Priesthood by MoneyMindset(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2020
Sorry for the late updates
Chapter 2
Ugoma attacked me as soon as I entered the classroom.
"Tiwa, have you heard?" She said ready to gist me but I was already sure that it was about Funke.
I pitied that girl, the news about her wasn't go down anytime soon, I couldn't imagine the embarrassment.
"About Funke, right? I heard already" I said as I cut Ugoma off and went to sit on my chair.
As much as I would have loved to tell you that I was the center of attention in my school, the oh so beautiful princess that every student liked and wanted to be friends with, the most brilliant student, blah blah blah!
Oh please! I was non of that.
I was not even near any center of attention, not so beautiful and not even that brilliant, I was just average of it all.
"Look, my mum and I went shopping on Saturday for my hostel supplies and we spent over two hundred thousand Naira!" I heard a voice brag as my head snapped to the direction of the voice and just like I had expected, it was Toyin, the wannabe of my class, that girl can lie!
Her lie could wake a dead man up!
I am not exaggerating. There was a time that she told us that her mum is an oyinbo {white} woman based in New York, she even buttressed her point by showing us a picture, some of them believed that bullshit but I didn't.
The fact that she was very light doesn't mean her mum had to be white.
The cat was let out of the bag when her mum came to school one day to harass her for stealing her money.
Toyin was a typical representative of Alakada (fake girls).
"Hun! Toyin the rich girl! You that I saw sitting in your mom's small kiosk on Saturday! Must you always lie? The thing no dey tire you ni (don't you get tired)?" The shortest boy in our class attacked her.
Dolapo was the shortest boy in the whole senior school, you could even mistake him for a dwarf.
He had his own special chair due to his height.
He coupled his shortness with been troublesome and mean, I guess he didn't want to be cheated on or something.
Funny enough, most students didn't even know his real name, they called him by his nickname, 'Boiling ring.'
Let me tell you how he got that name;
When we were in J.S.S 1, all newbies and naive, Mrs Sobowale, one of our subject teachers cared enough to give us time to introduce ourselves during her class.
It got to Dolapo's turn and just because he wanted to act cool, he said, "My name is Soyinka Adedolapo but my friends call me Dolly ray".
The way he pronounced Dolly ray that day sounded like boiling ring and that was what we all started to call him ever since.
Queen and her friends cat-walked into the classroom in all their elegance and poise.
Now, this girl was the definition of beauty. She's dark in complexion, tall and curvy plus she was even brilliant.
She practically had it all.
But all this gets into her head sometimes thus making her act like an idiot, no offence but I didn't like her.
How could one person have all that qualities? Say I'm envious or jealous but am I not human?
Had it been she was nice now, I would have even tried to like her but she just had to choose to be mean.
She walked towards Ore who was sitting somewhere at the back of the class.
"Ore, is it true that you got a love letter from Funke Anikulapo?!" She whispered even though everybody in the class could hear what she said.
"Ehen! What's your business?!" Ore snapped at her while the whole class laughed.
Despite Queen's qualities, she still fought for Ore's attention like the rest of us, that boy acted as if he wasn't interested in girls, I couldn't help but wonder if he had a problem.
Before queen could think of a comeback, our civic teacher came in.
Miss Bamijo was a short robust womanwith three tribal marks on her face, students call her 'okola' (okola means someone with tribal marks) behind her back.
Some of the boys even joke by saying, 'you fight lion?'
Miss Bamijo who was surely in her thirties but yet to get married used to act like she was strict but actually wasn't.
We all had those teachers in our schools that liked holding cane to scare students and would be frowning face up and down but couldn't actually beat, Miss Bamijo was one of those teachers.
"Toyin, why can't you do without talking, ehn?, sho sho sho like a parrot. And if I flog you now, you will start crying like a baby!" She snapped Toyin who just stared at her.
You dare not talk back at your teachers in my school.
"It's like you people don't know what you are into! Your GCE exam is knocking and you are now in S.S 2, You had better be serious" She said trying to scare us with our external exams like most typical Nigerian teachers do.
Funny enough, this GCE exam was still the following year and they did not let us rest.
Only our school was making the exam compulsory as if it was their business.
Typical private school.
"So, what was our last topic?

(1) (Reply)

Escaping The Diamond Encrusted Abyss / Auto Writer Needed. / 2021 Neco Gce Government Expo Questions And Answers (obj And Essay) Nov 30 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.