Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. (3960 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / Should I Expose Him To His Fiancee? / Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Mygoldie(f): 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2011
geez grin grin grin
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by MOBO444(f): 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2011
^^^ There you go i know you did get excited.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Mygoldie(f): 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
yea,im laughing at the logic. Get lost!!
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by wisyno(m): 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2011
@ Akin101, LWKMD. so glad ur pictures didn't show d man down on his kneels. dat show dat just presenting the ring wuld open the iron gates, wink
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2011
most nigeria proposals starts with When should fix this marriage?
its time we start talking about settling down together
if we marry where will we stay now
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Mcleo007(m): 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2011
Honestly,I'm no fan of 'over-romantic show' of marriage proposals. When I'm ready,I'd go about it casually. Itd be either on the bed,holding her close to me,then bring the ring out(it would bear an inscription on it),push it to her and wait for a reply. Better still,we may go to hang out at the beach or in a hotel(close to the swimming pool). I'd bring her close to the water,pull out the ring and throw it in the water then ask her to go after it. This would make me know the depth of her love for me,and how well she values marriage with me. These are laughable anyway!
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by harakiri(m): 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2011
The whole shiny knight in armor kneeling down on one knee and begging his beloved damsel to marry him is termed chivalry and almost extinct in today's feministic society. I'd rather date a lady for a while,see if she's down with the long term thing and one day when we're all cooped up on the sofa, i'll just ask :

"Hey babe, how about we getting married?".

Simple and short. If she hesitates, i'm considering other options. No long "tings".
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Nixonyme(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2011
Why shld I go down on my knees to beg a woman 2 marry me? It's not as if we (men) are d ones who are particularly crazy abt getting married. We are even happier being single, they are d ones who go gaga over this marriage stuff and all. Do I hv 2 go down on my knee 2 beg u 2 take away my singleness, when I kn dat marrying u wld even elevate ur status among ur frnds n in d society? Wait 4 me na!
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Mynd44: 8:13am On Sep 01, 2011
^^^
Bad guy
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by harakiri(m): 8:22am On Sep 01, 2011
Nixonyme:

Why shld I go down on my knees to beg a woman 2 marry me? It's not as if we (men) are d ones who are particularly crazy abt getting married. We are even happier being single, they are d ones who go gaga over this marriage stuff and all. Do I hv 2 go down on my knee 2 beg u 2 take away my singleness, when I kn dat marrying u wld even elevate your status among your frnds n in d society? Wait 4 me na!

Abi ooo! And tomorrow, na dem go dey make mouth as you dey beg am for marriage. Dem go tell you say dem no force you to marry dem meanwhile na dem dey raise hell when e be like say the relationship neva sure.

Personally, i think it should be the other way round. It's the woman that should buy the ring and go down on both knees begging for marriage. Most guys can live active fruitful lives without marriage but women need to lock a man down to be sure of their union.

Nuff said!
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Mynd44: 9:15am On Sep 01, 2011
^^^
There are a lot of women out there who don't care about marriage
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by claremont(m): 9:35am On Sep 01, 2011
I would love to see the day a lady goes down on her knees begging a man to marry her, it's about time the the roles were reversed.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by emofine(f): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2011
@OP he is not in a begging position, he's humbling himself.

claremont:

I would love to see the day a lady goes down on her knees begging a man to marry her, it's about time the the roles were reversed.

You have just given feminists and the likes a very long rope with such statement. Very soon some men will demand that their just married wives should carry them over the threshold. Furthermore there are women who kneel and propose to their partner . . *sigh*
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Mynd44: 11:27am On Sep 01, 2011
If this mean I don't have the ring I have no problems with it
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by sweeti14(f): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
Mcleo007:

Honestly,I'm no fan of 'over-romantic show' of marriage proposals. When I'm ready,I'd go about it casually. Itd be either on the bed,holding her close to me,then bring the ring out(it would bear an inscription on it),push it to her and wait for a reply. Better still,we may go to hang out at the beach or in a hotel(close to the swimming pool). I'd bring her close to the water,pull out the ring and throw it in the water then ask her to go after it. This would make me know the depth of her love for me,and how well she values marriage with me. These are laughable anyway!
lwkmd when it's not as if only two of you will be in the pool undecided you've not met some badt, sharp peeps that will snatch the ring before she goes after it. This your style is dangerous oh shocked lipsrsealed
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by wisyno(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2011
emofine:

@OP he is not in a begging position, he's humbling himself.
don't get it twisted.
kneeling down = begging
if na humility matter, there are other ways of showing it. If na romantic gesture, there are better ways of showing it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Follow-up After A First Date? / 10 Places Ladies Are Most Vulnerable / OMG! English Teacher Conduct Lesson nak*d ( Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.