Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,230 members, 7,780,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:23 PM

What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? (1065 Views)

Who Can Develop A Utility And Bill Payment App / My Work Progress On Building Ecommerce Site / Web Design, Web Development And Mobile App Development Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by VillagePeople11: 1:16pm On May 23, 2020
I have been going through the thought but wanted to get feedbacks first before i dig in. Going with integrating Capricorn digital api.

First i wanted to make it an electricity payment application, niche it down, still very much invested in that but considering including others like airtime/data, cable subscription etc.

I am at the point where i have to sign and send back their mou and get building and maybe look for a partner since i have to fund my account because they is no direct charge on paying user's card but from my account for each purchase.

Has anybody done something similar, how did it go and what should i look out for?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by Newsfrog: 5:12pm On May 23, 2020
@Op i like your questions and hoping for response from too
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by xammax(m): 9:38pm On May 23, 2020
Lemme book a space too, pls anyone with answers to op question should come forward.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by xammax(m): 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
Any answers to the OP's questions?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by codeigniter(m): 12:24am On Jun 20, 2020
Nairaland programming section is for beginners you won't get an answer here

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by devbits: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2020
OP you shouldn't expect the users card be debited directly, if they do how will you get your commission? You should have a wallet/account with them which will be funded, and any user on your platform funding their account is paying into your own account while the amount they funded into your account is programmatically displayed in the users dashboard, if that particular user is buying electric unit, money will be deducted from your account with Capricorn and you must have program your app to reduce the value from users dashboard

if user haven't funded there dashboard that's if the variable holding wallet balance is empty or not up to the unit they want to purchase they will have to fund your account again before they are allowed to purchase the unit from Capricorn through you. The idea is Capricorn is the one selling all the unit but you are the middle man. you already have an account loaded with money with Capricorn I come to you that I need to pay for my electricity unit you collect money from me with your profit added load my meter using your already funded account with Capricorn, you remove your profit and use the principal to refund your Capricorn account again. Implementation won't be difficult if you're have experienced using apis or better still find a programmer who does, it is just a simple logic.... and if you're still confused you can ask Capricorn to explain it to you in layman term after all it is business.

I hope I provide a little hint, if not sorry for derailing your thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by Runningwater(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
devbits:
OP you shouldn't expect the users card be debited directly, if they do how will you get your commission? You should have a wallet/account with them which will be funded, and any user on your platform funding their account is paying into your own account while the amount they funded into your account is programmatically displayed in the users dashboard, if that particular user is buying electric unit, money will be deducted from your account with Capricorn and you must have program your app to reduce the value from users dashboard

if user haven't funded there dashboard that's if the variable holding wallet balance is empty or not up to the unit they want to purchase they will have to fund your account again before they are allowed to purchase the unit from Capricorn through you. The idea is Capricorn is the one selling all the unit but you are the middle man. you already have an account loaded with money with Capricorn I come to you that I need to pay for my electricity unit you I collect money from you with my profit in addition, load your meter using my already funded account with Capricorn, remove my profit use the principal to fund Capricorn again. Implementation won't be difficult if you're have experienced using apis or better still find a programmer who does, it is just a simple logic.... and if you're still confused you can ask Capricorn to explain it to you in layman term after all it is business.

Nice simple explanation
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by VillagePeople11: 8:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
devbits:

if user haven't funded there dashboard that's if the variable holding wallet balance is empty or not up to the unit they want to purchase they will have to fund your account again before they are allowed to purchase the unit from Capricorn through you. The idea is Capricorn is the one selling all the unit but you are the middle man. you already have an account loaded with money with Capricorn I come to you that I need to pay for my electricity unit you collect money from me with your profit added load my meter using your already funded account with Capricorn, you remove your profit and use the principal to refund your Capricorn account again. Implementation won't be difficult if you're have experienced using apis or better still find a programmer who does, it is just a simple logic.... and if you're still confused you can ask Capricorn to explain it to you in layman term after all it is business.

Thanks.... i have already started working on it and expanded it into additional stuff.... I understand what you are talking about and that's what i am doing already using returned webhook response to update users wallet in my application with the amount paid. Anyway thanks
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Building A Utility Bill Payment Web And Mobile App? by Polasq: 10:11am On Mar 20
Hey there! When it comes to choosing an electricity supply company, eversource energy stands out as a proven and reliable supplier. Through its commitment to reliability, affordability, and sustainability, Eversource Energy offers comprehensive, high-quality services to meet the needs of customers nationwide. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable energy supplier, Eversource Energy may be what you need.

(1) (Reply)

My Nairaland Android App Is Available On Github / Experienced React Developers Needed / C#.net Fans:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.