Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

In Need Of Legal Services In Calabar: Please Help! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / In Need Of Legal Services In Calabar: Please Help! (372 Views)

Trial Of Gracious David West Stalled over Lack of Legal Representative / Lady Pours Hot Water Mixed With Pepper & Salt On A Man In Calabar (Graphic Pics) / Man Whose Lover Died After Sex Romp In Hotel Paraded With Others In Calabar. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Legal Services In Calabar: Please Help! by Raxxye(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2020
My younger brother is a school certificate holder and works in a Chinese company in Calabar, Cross River State. The company deals on scrap metals, specifically copper. According to him, the company extracts copper from scrap wires then sells them to another company in Ogun State.
I do not know the full details of his job description, but I understand he weighs the metals before they get loaded into trucks for onward transport to Ogun State.
On Wednesday, 20th May (3 days ago)day he sent me a message that he was arrested and detained at the anti-robbery and kidnapping unit in Calabar.
There was a claim that it was discovered by the company in Ogun State that one of the consignments did not weigh up to the expected amount; that it was short by up to 1000kg.
And so the company arrested him along side others and they have kept him in detention ever since. Apart from him saying he's innocent, I know the boy can never be involved in any dubious practice to steal from the company. Besides, his job ends at the office, as he doesn't go with the transporters.
I have a feeling that someone is framing him up, as he recently had an issue with one of the senior workers in the company over the man's relationship with our niece, which led to my brother threatening to arrest the guy.
I do not know what to do as I am in Port Harcourt and there is restriction on inter-state travels. I will appreciate if someone can link me with a lawyer who can help.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Legal Services In Calabar: Please Help! by Exmilitant(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2020
Bros, no worry yourself. No spend money unneccessarily. Police cell no dey kill person. Na dem arrest your brother na dem go release your brother.
Re: In Need Of Legal Services In Calabar: Please Help! by Heartbender: 4:15pm On May 23, 2020
Check my signature
Re: In Need Of Legal Services In Calabar: Please Help! by Raxxye(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2020
Exmilitant:
Bros, no worry yourself. No spend money unneccessarily. Police cell no dey kill person. Na dem arrest your brother na dem go release your brother.
Are you saying I should just ignore the situation, that police will eventually release him?
Re: In Need Of Legal Services In Calabar: Please Help! by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 23, 2020
Raxxye:
My can help.
WhatsApp me, I have a relative in calabar who will link you up with a lawyer in calabar
Re: In Need Of Legal Services In Calabar: Please Help! by Exmilitant(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2020
Raxxye:

Are you saying I should just ignore the situation, that police will eventually release him?
monitor the situation if you have the time but don't lose sleep over it.. They will free your brother.

(1) (Reply)

Another Young Lady Raped, Killed In Her Apartment In Ibadan / Angry Protesters Set Fire To The Wendy's Where Police Killed A Black Atlanta Man / Hilarious! Moment 3 Health Workers Arrest A Covid19 Patient In Ebonyi. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.