Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] (4860 Views)

How I Broke Family Tradition With First-class Degree – Toyinbo Hezekiah / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 23, 2020
Hello guys,
This is an interactive thread aimed at Nigerian undergraduate students, just to arouse our academic motives, since agreeably, the coronavirus pandemic is dulling ours in Nigeria.

So first of all, we'll introduce ourselves; Course of study, level, uni(if you wish) and probably our CGPA and plan to improve on them. Please no discrimination of any form, no making fun of CGPA's or universities/polytechnics. I believe students are more United than the rest of the populace.

The most important thing about this thread is getting us back on track to study our books and re-assess our strategies to improve our CGPA's
We begin;

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by chipsypop(m): 5:59pm On May 23, 2020
My own is that resumption of schools should wait till October.
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 23, 2020
I'll start;
I'm a level 200 student of A State University, currently studying Electrical Engineering with a CGPA of 4.18. would've been higher but I got involved in SUG week during year one second semester so I flopped majestically.
My school just adopted the online lecture pattern and soon I'll be writing my first semester exams- online. It's kinda worrysome cuz I've been studying for calculations and drawing. And from experience E-Exams are mostly theory so I'm struggling to grab the theory as swift as I do the calculation.
Has anyone had any experience with E-Exams before?
smiley
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 23, 2020
chipsypop:
My own is that resumption of schools should wait till October.
Lol if only we could decide, and what if your school adopts online learning?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by NDSMELODY(m): 6:39pm On May 23, 2020
500l electrical engineering with CGPA of 4.05,i am begging God to graduate with this jejely because i have just one semester.

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Ishiewo: 6:59pm On May 23, 2020
I am 100 Level Economics student

3 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by chipsypop(m): 7:17pm On May 23, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Lol if only we could decide, and what if your school adopts online learning?
Dem go give me sub and electricity?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 23, 2020
NDSMELODY:
500l electrical engineering with CGPA of 4.05,i am begging God to graduate with this jejely because i have just one semester.
Wow that's great, so did you take the power or electronics option?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 23, 2020
Ishiewo:
I am 100 Level Economics student
Picking Economics is some guts, I avoided that course in secondary school, it was just so complex lol.
You studying at home?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by JOACHINpedro: 12:32am On May 24, 2020
Hey guys
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 8:39am On May 24, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
Hey guys
Hello, pls introduce yourself
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 8:40am On May 24, 2020
chipsypop:

Dem go give me sub and electricity?
Nothing consign 9ja
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Stargurl20(f): 9:44am On May 24, 2020
I am currently studying one of the social science courses.
200level at present and we haven't taken any exams in my present level.
100level GCPA was 4.0. Carried a 3 unit course, although, I sucks at that course/ subject right from elementary but still doesn't stopped me from preparing for it
I really plan to have my subsequent results improved drastically... Which I know with hard work and the intervention of Allah, I will achieve it!

But, this pandemic isn't helping at all.... I must confess my motivation has waned a whole lot at home, and it saddens me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Ejusni(m): 9:50am On May 24, 2020
I am a 300 level mechanical engineering student of one of the Federal universities wink and my current gpa is 3.78.. we haven't written any exam yet we were about to write our exams when this pandemic took hold. I really want my GPA (to be above 4.0) to increase its just too close to the border( God help me).

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 24, 2020
Stargurl20:
I am currently studying one of the social science courses.
200level at present and we haven't taken any exams in my present level.
100level GCPA was 4.0. Carried a 3 unit course, although, I sucks at that course/ subject right from elementary but still doesn't stopped me from preparing for it
I really plan to have my subsequent results improved drastically... Which I know with hard work and the intervention of Allah, I will achieve it!

But, this pandemic isn't helping at all.... I must confess my motivation has waned a whole lot at home, and it saddens me.
Interesting, indeed the pandemic is a setback for us. The brain works with the mind so if the mind loses focus or motivation, no matter how we read, it won't be as efficient as when we're motivated. Have you tried talking with your fellow course-mates about studies?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 24, 2020
Ejusni:
I am a 300 level mechanical engineering student of one of the Federal universities wink and my current gpa is 3.78.. we haven't written any exam yet we were about to write our exams when this pandemic took hold. I really want my GPA (to be above 4.0) to increase its just too close to the border( God help me).
300 level, I believe 4 remaining semesters are enough to get you above 4.0, I offered thermo and other mech courses and they're really tuff but getting A's in IT and project can boost your CGPA right?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Stargurl20(f): 2:30pm On May 24, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Interesting, indeed the pandemic is a setback for us. The brain works with the mind so if the mind loses focus or motivation, no matter how we read, it won't be as efficient as when we're motivated. Have you tried talking with your fellow course-mates about studies?

When the lockdown first began, we created a group of which I'm also one of the tutors. But recently, the participants hasn't been responding well which has also made we the tutors indifferent about it.
I just pray the pandemic as a whole( not just the lockdown), is over soon....
No matter what, there will always be difference between being at school and home

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Ejusni(m): 3:41pm On May 24, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

300 level, I believe 4 remaining semesters are enough to get you above 4.0, I offered thermo and other mech courses and they're really tuff but getting A's in IT and project can boost your CGPA right?
I sure hope so
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by jeff35(m): 7:43pm On May 24, 2020
Am a 300 level student at fupre studying electrical electronics engineering cgpa 4.51
i love maths and am vry passionate abt my career
was three wks away from my 1st sem exams b4 d lockdown!
i hope ds thread bcums interactive

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by frankosivue(m): 7:51pm On May 24, 2020
Studying Computer Science and currently in 200L. 100L CGPA is 3.75 (had a bad first semester!). First class is still on the cards.

Let me add that I'm using this break to my advantage. Taking courses on Udemy and Educative.io (Educative is the best data friendly learning platform for me)

3 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by jeff35(m): 7:52pm On May 24, 2020
Ejusni:
mech engine guy....wats gud man , hw is thermo/heat transfer with u guys, my mech frnds talks abt it like its armgeddon!

MAX. RESPECT!

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Ejusni(m): 7:54pm On May 24, 2020
jeff35:

mech engine guy....wats gud man , hw is thermo/heat transfer with u guys, my mech frnds talks abt it like its armgeddon!

MAX. RESPECT!

Lol Na God o. Its mostly mechanics and engineering Mathematics I 'respect' though.

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 24, 2020
Ejusni:

Lol Na God o. Its mostly mechanics and engineering Mathematics I 'respect' though.
Lol applied mech I can relate, 3d truss,vectors and all of that
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by jeff35(m): 8:06pm On May 24, 2020
Ejusni:

lol
i've bn interested in thermo sha, rlly enjoyed it year 2 along oda mech courses like vector mechanics, strenght of mat.(YEAR 2 SHA!)
2 bad i cnt enjoy sm again
me now de battle my electrical courses like ds

na only engine maths be our common course!

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 24, 2020
jeff35:

lol
i've bn interested in thermo sha, rlly enjoyed it year 2 along oda mech courses like vector mechanics, strenght of mat.(YEAR 2 SHA!)
2 bad i cnt enjoy sm again
me now de battle my electrical courses like ds

na only engine maths be our common course!

Lol so you had better times with mech courses than elect
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by jeff35(m): 9:07pm On May 24, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Lol so you had better times with mech courses than elect
not really, i just offered more mech course then, did only 3 elect out of 20 courses

elect is my passion o

2 Likes

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by NDSMELODY(m): 11:09pm On May 24, 2020
Thehumanlloydl:

Wow that's great, so did you take the power or electronics option?
telecom option
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by yusman14(m): 1:06am On May 25, 2020
Nice thread..
I am coming back..

1 Like

Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by jeff35(m): 6:37am On May 25, 2020
NDSMELODY:
telecom option
wow nice exactly wha i have in mind, with electronics tho
how was circuit theory then?
Re: UNDERGRAD STUDENTS [First class journey] by NDSMELODY(m): 7:37am On May 25, 2020
jeff35:

wow nice
exactly wha i have in mind, with electronics tho

how was circuit theory then?
....it was not easy though i had B with rigorous reading then......i used theraja textbook too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bizarre Method In Which The World's First Vaccine Was Created (Pictures) / The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? / See Funny Moment University Student Saw His Result On The Notice Board (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.