Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:50 AM

Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes (63346 Views)

Edo 2020: Governor Obaseki Runs To Goodluck Jonathan / Obaseki, 7 Governors Meet Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Election / APC Governorship Primaries In 27 States (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by Tolase1999(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2020
fyneguy:

I remember but how did Tinubu influence the outcome in far away Kano? shocked
u also need to answer this question
1. why pdp don' want tinubu to enter kano, since he has no influence
2. after tinubu enter kano what happen to the cp in kano that arrest apc deputy gov and the commisioner.
3.when did inec declare deputy gov constituency inconclusive and
4. why pdp spent alot in let people know abt the presence of jagaban in kano?
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 5:05pm On May 24, 2020
[quote author=spirul77 post=89899110][/quote]

you are mentioning Ebele as a yardstick of Obaseki’s popularity? was Ali and Osunbor both Esan governors able to do anything in that evil town called Ebele - where the natives steal each other’s trap meat ? man i know esan land more than you know

go to Ekpoma for instance, Idumidova, Ujoelen, Ujemen, Abia, Idumebo, Emaudo even up to Irruah- go and see what Obaseki did there, it is called 21st century political miracle.

So you know your lord and savior Oshiomole almost destroyed Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma because he wanted Edo State resources to fund the Edo University Iyhamo?

Oshiomole did not stop there- he continued to insult the political leaders of Esan land like the Ainabes, Abebes, Ikimis and Anenihs- at every given opportunity- he never reached out to them after the courts installed him as governor which was politically unwise of him. These and others are the few reasons why the average Esan man dislikes Oshiomole

i have countless agents and political heavyweights in Esan land who have confided in me that no one wants to hear Oshiomole’s name in Esan Land, because he neglected them in all 8 years in power as governor- that was why in the last election POI as a PDP candidate defeated Obaseki very well in esan land- now that POI joined Oshos camp, the Esan people will give him the treatment they gave Obaseki while he was with Osho in 2016

The logic is WHOEVER IS FOR OSHO IS THEIR ENEMY - get that into your brain bro
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 5:14pm On May 24, 2020
7lives:

Why not PDP, anyway ati aja, ati ejo eran jije.
Obaseki is a goner.

just like wike was a goner in Rivers state abi?

just like Okowa was a goner in Delta abi?

e go soon clear for your eye! grin
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 5:17pm On May 24, 2020
seunmsg:

In truth, he’s done if he loses the ticket. PDP primary will hold before that of APC. So, there won’t be any opportunity for him to hijack PDP ticket. If decides to contest on the platform of a smaller party, it would end in tears as always. The best option for him is to do everything possible to get APC’s ticket.

are you God? you talk like a child, what party did Willy Obiano contest and won on its platform as Anambra Governor? PDP ? APC ? none of these

what party did Peter Obi run on when he won as Governor ? PDP? APC ? none of the these

so what’s your point Sir?
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 5:24pm On May 24, 2020
Akolawole:

The famous Otedola vote happens once in a century.

Its different from Edo's one.

Agalajobi, Sarumi and Yomi were NOT sitting governor.

Then, SDP members voted against their party in governorship election as a protest.

no- it doesn’t happen once in a century. Do you know a certain Bashir Othman Tofa, the NRC presidential candidate in the June 12 presidential election lost his own Local Government Area (Dawakin Tofa LGA) to a southerner Moshood Abiola in Kano State in 1993? I see a lot of political neophytes here - a lot of indomie generation arguing politics blindly - LET ME TELL YOU, in politics - no matter how much your opponent rig, IF YOUR PEOPLE REALLY WANT YOU TO WIN, you will just somehow manage to WIN (FACT) Every politician knows this truth - that is why they spend money to campaign and try to woo voters because they know one fact- IF THE PEOPLE COLLECTIVELY RESIST THEM ON ELECTION DAY - Regardless of the intimidation and rigging they are toast!!!!
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 5:29pm On May 24, 2020
seleroms2:
Esanland is PDP. Did APC win any senatorial constituency in Esanland. Hell No. Why drag Ishan pipo into this matter?

I am only saying given a choice between Obaseki and POI if Obaseki were to run his re-election campaign with another party, the Esan people will vote for him and not POI, that’s all I said.

no need to be angry Sir
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 5:31pm On May 24, 2020
olumide4christ:

So what is this entire thread all about? Is it not about Obaseki going to see Tinubu?
Or what are you talking about? Why can't you communicate without abuses... did abuse you in the 1st place?... typical Nigerian, typical Nairalander... cannot make a response without abuses!

do lot talk like an illiterate is an advise not an insult- or how else do you want me to respectfully call you out when you are promoting lies on nairaland that Obaseki is seeking audience with Tinubu to save his political future? is there ever a good way to convey bad news? hmm na for you oooo Mr Don’t Insult me

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by Nwaonyishi69: 6:14pm On May 24, 2020
This Edo embroglio could have been where Abba Kyari got his own 'African covid' that defied even presidential management. Edo matter, if you know you go take care.
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by YeribanzavsAfon: 9:31pm On May 24, 2020
brownemmanuel43:

I crate of Heineken for u jare. I have some of Afonjas as friends, (though good ones) not all this nonentity making noise up and down. They voted failure and instead of them to admit it, they are still finding one nonsense excuse or the other. Ever since this lifeless came into power, how many investors hv we witnessed? How many company hv we recorded since 2005-till date.
My landlady sales beer and she was one of the coordinators of this useless party here in Alimosho, ever since lifeless man won the election, her joint is no longer moving to the extend that when she had an accident, I even borrowed her money. One day I told her that she is one of the people that contributed to this hardship. She was busy sharing small change of 2k for anybody that wants to vote. Now look at the outcome.
Where is that idiot that's quoting me up and down?

Don't mind them they are very selfish set of wicked leaches. That Money you borrowed your landlady was a big mistake, watch how she'd turn around to even accuse you of masterminding her accident, what has Allen Onyema not done for Afonjas yet they would create one news headline or thread to slander him without looking back, I think these people are cursed co there is nothing you'd tell them to make them reason properly like a sane human being that they would listen to, only their Jagaban is their creator and their Messiah. By 2023 they'd still fail and still beg alms las las, no be Naija we dey?
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by middlebelter(m): 9:44pm On May 24, 2020
Much as I wish Obaseki well, to be objective, I feel his chances are slim if he is resulting to Jagaban now for help. Where was Tinubu when Obaseki was attacking his mentor and benefactor up and down with the support of Oyegun? Suddenly , he remember there is a Tinubu somewhere?As a student of power and morality, we are thought never to bite the hands the feed us. Let Obaseki and his deputy Governor rely on their "majority" support in Edo APC to win the primary.

If someone stake his neck to support you to emerge as Governor against Pastor Osagie that was more popular and all you can do is to turn against him when you get to the office , not that you have extra-ordinary performance on infrastructure that you can use to campaign , then I think you should just go alone to test your popularity.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:25pm On May 24, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

Don't mind them they are very selfish set of wicked leaches. That Money you borrowed your landlady was a big mistake, watch how she'd turn around to even accuse you of masterminding her accident, what has Allen Onyema not done for Afonjas yet they would create one news headline or thread to slander him without looking back, I think these people are cursed co there is nothing you'd tell them to make them reason properly like a sane human being that they would listen to, only their Jagaban is their creator and their Messiah. By 2023 they'd still fail and still beg alms las las, no be Naija we dey?
For that begging attitude na their culture. And if u give today and u no give tomorrow na wahala.
Afonja number 1 beggers in naija. Where is that mofo self
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by One4me: 2:32am On May 25, 2020
Weedsmoker:
sad

Lol...their is nothing the brown teeth Tinubu can do to save his ass.

Obaseki bite the hand that fed him, people like Tony kabaka,oshiomhole a.k.a oshobaba a.k.a oshoquake is already waiting to teach him politics 101.

Obaseki has finally entered express.

A few months ago, this same Obaseki declared that oshiomole, the first son of Edo, cannot enter Edo land unless he takes permission from him!
Is he god?

Obaseki sent thugs aginst Oshiomole when he came visiting his home.
Obaseki says he is not the God-father of Edo politics, forgeting that he was Governor because Oshiomole helped him.

I have said it before and will repeat it here, Obaseki is finished and he would not get any second term ticket on the platform of APC.
Tinubu cannot help him because Tinubu himself knows not to upset the Apple cart, 2023 is just around the corner.
Obaseki wanted to rubbish the Chairman of his own party? it has never happenend before.

Obaseki better defect to PDP before it is too late for him grin grin he is finished Politically.

And that his loud-mouth deputy called Shuaibu, your punishment is still loading, you will chop shit at the appropriate time. undecided

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by Jostoman: 8:02am On May 25, 2020
DEROX:
chaii am hearing these lies for the first time
your jagaban knows that if they refuse to give fashola the second term ticket the man will decamp to PDP and he will get a lot of support from Abuja.
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by DEROX: 9:09am On May 25, 2020
Jostoman:
your jagaban knows that if they refuse to give fashola the second term ticket the man will decamp to PDP and he will get a lot of support from Abuja.
why can't ambode do that after all he was a sitting governor

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by Jostoman: 9:20am On May 25, 2020
DEROX:
why can't ambode do that after all he was a sitting governor
the man doesn't want to betrayed buhari's trust
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by DEROX: 9:21am On May 25, 2020
Jostoman:
the man doesn't want to betrayed buhari's trust
OK sir but why wasn't buhari able to help him ?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by duwdu: 1:58pm On May 25, 2020
7lives:

Obaseki no dey shame, wetin he dey find for Tinubu house?.
Having worked with Tinubu, Tinubu believed that Obaseki is good enough to manage Edo state, and so recommend him to Oshiomole.
When a misunderstanding broke out between Obaseki and Oshiomole, Tinubu was about to travel to Benin to mediate on the matter, when he saw Obaseki on TV shouting Edo is not Lagos.
This was how Tinubu abandoned the trip, to what extent did Obaseki not go, to make sure that Oshiomole lost his position as APC national chairman?.
Ungrateful wretch e go dobale taya.

Hmm... Word.

P34c3
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by One4me: 2:14pm On May 25, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

As long as you Ibos have this stoopeed mentality that Afonjas are your problem, you will continue to live in internal pain and servitude!
As long as you feel Jagaban is responsible for your owes, as if he was the President, your life will continue to be miserable
Just as your wailing Parents were crying that it was Awolowo that completely fried them in their ill-fated, thoughtless cessession skirmish.

Obaseki did not find a single Ibo man worthy of consultation for his tribulation, he went to a Yoruba man!
Think about it, does that not show any sensible person that the Yoruba Tinubu offers unparrallel value that any Ibo man alive?
Swallow your pride and stupidity, Buhari called you an inconsequential 5% that cannot win any federal election and is even struggling without sucess, to win a majority vote in Alaigbo. grin grin
Jagaban is just one, l repeat, ONE of the many intelligent people in Yorubaland.
There are too many of such people but the whole Alaigbo cannot boast of a single Political meastro because of their gra-gra mentality

2023 will come and go and las las, you Ibos will continue the servitude and slavery to the Hausa/Fulani, that you have been doing since 1967.
The Yorubas are tactical and have proved it repeatedly, they produce Nigeria's Presidents when they deserve it whereas, you Ibos are just like INEC, use and dump, till next election.
tongue

Even your Ipob "Bia-fraud" project has only brought you pains and gnashing of teeth, not nationhood. tongue
Hausa/Fulani is right now consulting the dictionary for what to call the next military operation in Alaigbo, something like Operation MONKEY DANCE, that will kill as many Cowards Ipob that dare to not stay in your slavery quarters.

You Ibos need deliverance from your evil and wicked heart towards Yorubas otherwise, you will keep wailing till Jesus come, while Yorubas are moving forward.
And is it not ironical that majority of Africans dont consider themselves very successful until they travel to the more established and developed Western Worlds like America and UK, while you Ibos dont get civilised until you can travel to the various Yoruba villages like Alimosho, Mushin, Bariga, Orile, Ijora, etc?

Hatred for Yorubas is killing Ibo people before their time.
The Person that used Yorubas success to swear for Ibo people really did a very bad thing, very strong thing because it looks like an eternal curse that they will never be able to escape from, unless Yoruba people pray for Ibos. undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by duwdu: 2:14pm On May 25, 2020
ogbonti:

do lot talk like an illiterate is an advise not an insult- or how else do you want me to respectfully call you out when you are promoting lies on nairaland that Obaseki is seeking audience with Tinubu to save his political future? is there ever a good way to convey bad news? hmm na for you oooo Mr Don’t Insult me

And what is your own ascertained proof that the story, "Obaseki is seeking audience with Tinubu," is a lie? I'm not attacking you; if you provide such proof and not your own speculation or worldview that the story run by the Daily Times is a confirmed lie (not just a denial of it by Obaseki, for instance) then I'll go with you claiming it's a lie.

P34c3
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by duwdu: 2:21pm On May 25, 2020
One4me:

As long as you Ibos have this stoopeed mentality that Afonjas are your problem, you will continue to live in internal pain and servitude!
As long as you feel Jagaban is responsible for your owes, as if he was the President, your life will continue to be miserable
Just as your wailing Parents were crying that it was Awolowo that completely fried them in their ill-fated, thoughtless cessession skirmish.

Obaseki did not find a single Ibo man worthy of consultation for his tribulation, he went to a Yoruba man!
Think about it, does that not show any sensible person that the Yoruba Tinubu offers unparrallel value that any Ibo man alive?
Swallow your pride and stupidity, Buhari called you an inconsequential 5% that cannot win any federal election and is even struggling without sucess, to win a majority vote in Alaigbo. grin grin
Jagaban is just one, l repeat, ONE of the many intelligent people in Yorubaland.
There are too many of such people but the whole Alaigbo cannot boast of a single Political meastro because of their gra-gra mentality

2023 will come and go and las las, you Ibos will continue the servitude and slavery to the Hausa/Fulani, that you have been doing since 1967.
The Yorubas are tactical and have proved it repeatedly, they produce Nigeria's Presidents when they deserve it whereas, you Ibos are just like INEC, use and dump, till next election.
tongue

Even your Ipob "Bia-fraud" project has only brought you pains and gnashing of teeth, not nationhood. tongue
Hausa/Fulani is right now consulting the dictionary for what to call the next military operation in Alaigbo, something like Operation MONKEY DANCE, that will kill as many Cowards Ipob that dare to not stay in your slavery quarters.

You Ibos need deliverance from your evil and wicked heart towards Yorubas otherwise, you will keep wailing till Jesus come, while Yorubas are moving forward.
And is it not ironical that majority of Africans dont consider themselves very successful until they travel to the more established and developed Western Worlds like America and UK, while you Ibos dont get civilised until you can travel to the various Yoruba villages like Alimosho, Mushin, Bariga, Orile, Ijora, etc?

The Person that used Yorubas success to swear for Ibo people really did a very bad thing, very strong thing because it looks like an eternal curse that they will never be able to escape from, unless Yoruba people pray for Ibos. undecided grin

Hmm.

P34c3
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 2:33pm On May 25, 2020
duwdu:

And what is your own ascertained proof that the story, "Obaseki is seeking audience with Tinubu," is a lie? I'm not attacking you; if you provide such proof and not your own speculation or worldview that the story run by the Daily Times is a confirmed lie (not just a denial of it by Obaseki, for instance) then I'll go with you claiming it's a lie.

P34c3

why must i get into the revolving door of never ending speculations with you ? why not nip the rumor at the bud?

it’s like saying the court did not find the accused guilty because the prosecution could not prove the case beyond reasonable doubt and that the court erred in judgement - just because - what about if the accused was guilty because the prosecution did a sloppy job ?

guy, life is not run that way. if you can’t prove something - quit until you have proof, stop throwing tarts against the wall hoping something sticks. have a great day!
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by YeribanzavsAfon: 3:21pm On May 25, 2020
[s]
One4me:

tongue

The Person that used Yorubas success to swear for Ibo people really did a very bad thing, very strong thing because it looks like an eternal curse that they will never be able to escape from, unless Yoruba people pray for Ibos. undecided grin[/s]

Lol Funny enough once there is any news about Igbos you and your people will be the first to arrive and spew thrash back to back like lousy market women, meanwhile when same meal is served back at you, you fools start claiming Igbos hate Yoruba success/victim mentality/etc. grin
Which Yoruba success?, as far as I'm concerned it its you and your people that have sworn not sleep at night because of the average Igbo man's success. We are NOT talking about success in carrying billion vans of cash or opening 60 bank accounts with a single BVN, if its fraud success you are talking about I give it you thieves afterall your Redeemer Tinubu is the biggest thief in recent times in this country, but aside that you Yorubas are a sorry state which every eyes can see not online statistics, Igbos are not in Government and its like this what if Igbos dominate Government like you lazy urchins, comparing us to yourselves by then would look like comparing Americans with Congolese..
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by YeribanzavsAfon: 3:28pm On May 25, 2020
brownemmanuel43:

For that begging attitude na their culture. And if u give today and u no give tomorrow na wahala.
Afonja number 1 beggers in naija. Where is that mofo self
Hmm exactly..
They are cursed my dear I know them too well
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by duwdu: 5:41pm On May 25, 2020
ogbonti:

why must i get into the revolving door of never ending speculations with you ? why not nip the rumor at the bud?

it’s like saying the court did not find the accused guilty because the prosecution could not prove the case beyond reasonable doubt and that the court erred in judgement - just because - what about if the accused was guilty because the prosecution did a sloppy job ?

guy, life is not run that way. if you can’t prove something - quit until you have proof, stop throwing tarts against the wall hoping something sticks. have a great day!

Which sort of argument is this nau? I wasn't the one you were originally arguing with, my friend; I simply observed that a mainstream newspaper published a story and you a commoner is claiming it is a rumor, and attempting to disparage the paper with some convoluted analogy? Is it not more reasonable to assume the paper probably has proof? What's your proof that the paper published a lie as you're claiming?

P34c3
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 6:08pm On May 25, 2020
duwdu:

Which sort of argument is this nau? I wasn't the one you were originally arguing with, my friend; I simply observed that a mainstream newspaper published a story and you a commoner is claiming it is a rumor, and attempting to disparage the paper with some convoluted analogy? Is it not more reasonable to assume the paper probably has proof? What's your proof that the paper published a lie as you're claiming?

P34c3

The bolded parts

the moment you quoted - you signed up yourself to receive a response from me

That is why there is FAKE NEWS, - (PROBABLY - in your own words) news that can not be substantiated, lacks verification

YOU HAVE ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION, stop contradicting yourself- thank you!
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by duwdu: 11:56pm On May 25, 2020
ogbonti:

The bolded parts

the moment you quoted - you signed up yourself to receive a response from me

That is why there is FAKE NEWS, - (PROBABLY - in your own words) news that can not be substantiated, lacks verification

YOU HAVE ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION, stop contradicting yourself- thank you!

What a character... you can't provide any proof of your careless statement that the news piece was a lie, full stop. So long, Oga, bye to your type.

P34c3
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by ogbonti: 5:40am On May 26, 2020
duwdu:

What a character... you can't provide any proof of your careless statement that the news piece was a lie, full stop. So long, Oga, bye to your type.

P34c3

can you stop fooling yourself ? your ignorance is legendary
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by kenearth50(m): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Re: Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes by tonididdy(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
kenearth50:

Boss... Can I pm you

There's something I wanna talk to you about
Pms don’t work

Talk to me here

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Throwback Post Of Jonathan When He Visited North East Over Insecurity / El-Rufai: The Clown Didn’t Even Know That I Am From Kaduna State / Jonathan Places Pa Akinkunmi On Lifetime Salary, Gives Out Houses To Steward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.