Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? (33226 Views)

5 Prophets Muslims And Christians Share Together In Their Holy Books. / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

The Truth in Christainity is called Hate by Outsiders...
Same reason why many Mega preachers compromise the Truth...
Use your head.
The Truth in Christianity is that Jesus died for sinners.
God loves the world
No hate. No time for hate.
Anything that promotes hate is not christianlike...

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Legendguru: 5:47pm On May 24, 2020
Yes we are one
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 5:47pm On May 24, 2020
hope4nigeria:
I just finished two plates of my neighbor's Salah food, I'm not cooking today, Free free food everywhere. I don't even care what Christianity says.
. ESAU.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by VicM6: 5:48pm On May 24, 2020
Ayo081:

Bro do you even understand that chapter?
like seriously i don't.... but people said it's a sin wen u eat from the idol worshipper's.
Abeg explain am better gv me bro make i understand o b4 i enter 5 chance bus.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by saxy4c(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2020
Let us continue to enslave ourselves with mental slavery in Nigeria. The Pope is allowing muslims pray in the Vatican as a matter of fact Europe's biggest mosque, built with Saudi funds, was opened in 1995 in Rome, just across the river from the Vatican.

Qatar has one of the biggest catholic churches opened up and we are here in Nigeria, the most religious country in the world yet one of the 5th highest number of people living below poverty line and most corrupt. If God comes to tell me he doesn't know we have religion in Nigeria, I'd believe. Our poor muslims are given stupid laws of segregation of sex and abstinence from a whole lot but the rich ones are going abroad and boozing, having orgies with men and women alike or have you haven't noticed how the rich muslims now do white wedding just like the Christians?

I believe in power of God and nobody can ever make me doubt that,but the way we carry religion blindly in Nigeria, it just cocaine that the rich have fed freely to the poor so they can continue to impoverish our minds and wealth. Someone would soon come and tell me that the people that brought Islam and Christianity to Nigeria have lost their way. Well done
qwertyboss:

Their is a reason why some Moslems Doesn't eat Christian food.
One of them is that the meat maybe the meat of a pig and Muslims doesn't eat pig.
Another reason is that Moslem believed in one God and consider associating a child to God as a blasphemy, so you shouldn't expect Muslims to be eating a food presented to them under the guise of celebrating the birth of the purported son of God because they consider it as a blasphemy.

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

All Zakare ever told me was how he performed miracles with fowl blood, the barren did deliver according to him...
He prays Frequently and doesn't shave his head.
I guess he's an Alfa.

He can be a sheikh or an imam I don't know.
But, sit with him and bring out these issues concerning islam as you seem to understand them and seek for clarification from him or any Muslim you know.

Cos you just here displaying crass ignorance with confidence, deliberately or maybe not.

Even if you won't eat their food, know what are saying about them and be fair.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
There's no difference here if you ask me. Both propagated the teachings of God which is the most important thing here. If one set believe their prophet is a direct son of God and the other believe otherwise... It's all about beliefs and understanding of the scriptures. Some people still believe the messiah is yet to come but that doesn't take away their belief in the same God.

You still do not get it do you?
You said it yourself that islam bears so much similarities with the Old Testament religion and you're right. Paul told the Galatians that if the Old testament religion could save then there will be no need for Christ to come. It was because the ceremonies of the Old religion could not save the soul that demanded the entrance of Christ to the scene.

Till today, Jews see Christians as apostates and same with islam. Or have you not been asked by a Muslim how God could have a son? Who was is wife? Are you implying that God had sex? Nothing like salvation. It's your supplications and good works that will be minused from your sins to determine if you make hell or heaven. etc etc

I hope you can see this fundamental differences now.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:51pm On May 24, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

It's ONLY obligatory on me to give Eid meat to Muslim WHO ISN'T CAPABLE OF SLAUGHTERING. I can only give to Christian with the latter's consent AS A GIFT. Any other day is different though

You mean if he begs you. I get you then. No problem as I am sure no serious Christian will beg you for sallah meat. Peace.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Topmaike007(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2020
qwertyboss:

If only Muslims apply this two verse
" there is no compulsion in religion " (meaning you can't force someone into Islam)
And " you have your religion and I have my religion "( like they your they make I they my they if you fail to understand what am preaching to you)
Am telling you, you will realize that what many extremists are doing is not the proper teaching of the religion
in Nigeria our things here use to be over do.... I just like myself if I see Sango worshipper as wife oga I will not look back
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2020
desiredhome:

But deeper do not see any other church as Christian or believers na......
As far as you are not their Church member you are not a Christian or believer...... isn't that what it is?

Same way sunnis don't see Shiites as true muslims..... or am I wrong?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by RTSC: 5:54pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
Nothing is sacrificed to any gods or deity by the muslims let's not conflate things here. The festival they slaughter Rama is not even to any God or deity but rather commemorating the time God (Allah) instructed Abraham (Ibrahim) to sacrifice his only son unto him and during the course changed His request to a sheep he provided in the stead. This is clearly documented in the Bible and the Koran.

At no time do Muslims offer any sacrifice to deity. During Ramadan (Lent) they fast in commemoration of prophet Muhammed's doing same and teachings as to why it's necessary to fast. This again is documented in the Bible - Jesus Christ's experience with the devil in the wilderness during his 40 days fasting.

Breaking of fast is an act done by both faith.. I see nothing wrong here.

I agree with you not eating anything offered to deity or gods but disagree with you that the Bible says you should not eat from what a Muslim offers you in commemoration of their religious ceremonies similar to Christians.

Let's all (Christians and Muslims) take time to study each other's books to understand it better instead of trying to rubbish our beliefs.

They do it in honour of Allah.

That is the problem.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 5:55pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Ever since i discovered the Diabolical and sinister side of Islam, i Stopped being friends with Zakare...I followed him to his mosque and Confirmed my suspicions
Islam is Idoolaatry.

DId asked questions?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 5:56pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Ever since i discovered the Diabolical and sinister side of Islam, i Stopped being friends with Zakare...I followed him to his mosque and Confirmed my suspicions
Islam is Idoolaatry.

DId you asked questions?
He maybe wrong.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:59pm On May 24, 2020
kafeii123:

If you really believe in this thing you wrote...then you're an extremist too.. you just have not met enough people like you and don't have someone offering about 1000 USD per month to kill yet... When you do... You are likely to take the offer.

Just as it is easy to consider Hitler's officers as evil during the Holocaust, the truth is that they are no different from any other human and should it be you, or anyone else for that matter, You might just find killing other people for fun very enjoyable.
You don't know enough yet to consider who the Muslims worship as an idol.

But Apostle Paul is saying that even if the food was sacrificed to idols.... So long your faith doesn't judge you, you can go ahead and eat.

As for the islamists who consider killing their fellow as the right step if such a person shares in a Christian's food....

You can only hope to win them over to your way of thinking is by showing a superior response to theirs.

Which father would you prefer...the one who canes you for every offense.... or the one who takes the time to explain the logic behind something to you before punishing you the next time you commit the same error...?

By the way.... Religion is only the constructs through which men of different regions have found to make sense of the vast realities around them that they do not have any other way to explain.

The Bible says...out of the multitude of the day's activities the dream cometh.... ( Ecc 5:7)

Just as you consider your own religion superior ..the Hindu, Shinto's, olumba-olumbas ... Obatalas, ogbonis etc.... Have the right to consider their religion/their own realities the most superior.... And tell you you'll burn in eternal fire if you don't adopt theirs....

By the way....may I remind you that the Christianity you so praise.. was not your great grandfather's way of reaching out to God .....

Christianity is older than Islam.... Christianity has its ugly past. . You don't know what evils have been and are still being perpetuated in the name of Jesus.

I believe Islam is also evolving.... Give the religion a few more decades... It'll either self destruct...or embrace modern realities if it wants to stay relevant.

But truth is universal..... Let everyone walk with the light they have ...your best is to gradually and with love expose them to a superior light/logic.... You can't force anyone....
You truly believe a day will come when islam will not demand that a woman wears hijab? Or that polygamy is not allowed? Or that child marriage is not allowed? Hope you know these things are clearly written in their scriptures.
It is one thing to be misguided and another thing to modify the tenets of a religion in the name of liberalism. Hope you realize the above tenets are tenets of the religion not some misguided ideas.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You still do not get it do you?
You said it yourself that islam bears so much similarities with the Old Testament religion and you're right. Paul told the Galatians that if the Old testament religion could save then there will be no need for Christ to come. It was because the ceremonies of the Old religion could not save the soul that demanded the entrance of Christ to the scene.

Till today, Jews see Christians as apostates and same with islam. Or have you not been asked by a Muslim how God could have a son? Who was is wife? Are you implying that God had sex? Nothing like salvation. It's your supplications and good works that will be minused from your sins to determine if you make hell or heaven. etc etc

I hope you can see this fundamental differences now.

Is the old testament still relevant today?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2020
mhmsadyq:

Oga, if you are not a fanatic, then fanatic has no meaning.
HATRED IS A DEADLY DISEASE, BUT IS CURABLE . Pls get a cure immediately and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Regards.
How rich for a muslim to call someone a fanatic
What do you say to Shekau and his brothers then
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

How rich for a muslim to call someone a fanatic
What do you say to Shekau and his brothers then

They started like this.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2020
mhmsadyq:

Is the old testament still relevant today?

For the Christian it is not about relevance. All scriptures are relevant. The question is if it is still obligatory in practice. The answer is a perfect NO. Jesus Christ as the high priest has fulfilled all its requirements which makes fulfillment of it by the individual Christian non-obligatory.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2020
mhmsadyq:

They started like this.

It is so. But it is more that while they started, muslims did not call them to order but left them to their devices. That is why I said it is rich for a muslim to label another a fanatic. Where was ur voice when Shekau and co were brewing?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2020
bigtt76:
Nothing is sacrificed to any gods or deity by the muslims let's not conflate things here. The festival they slaughter Rama is not even to any God or deity but rather commemorating the time God (Allah) instructed Abraham (Ibrahim) to sacrifice his only son unto him and during the course changed His request to a sheep he provided in the stead. This is clearly documented in the Bible and the Koran.

At no time do Muslims offer any sacrifice to deity. During Ramadan (Lent) they fast in commemoration of prophet Muhammed's doing same and teachings as to why it's necessary to fast. This again is documented in the Bible - Jesus Christ's experience with the devil in the wilderness during his 40 days fasting.

Breaking of fast is an act done by both faith.. I see nothing wrong here.

I agree with you not eating anything offered to deity or gods but disagree with you that the Bible says you should not eat from what a Muslim offers you in commemoration of their religious ceremonies similar to Christians.

Let's all (Christians and Muslims) take time to study each other's books to understand it better instead of trying to rubbish our beliefs.

Again I need to correct some basic errors in your postulates. While it is true that it is the experience of Abraham with the ram that is celebrated as Sallah. There is nowhere in the Bible that it is commemorated. Rather, the Bible calls it a symbolism of the redemptive work of Christ in replacing the sinner on the altar as a burnt offering. Therefore the experience offer different symbolism to CHristians and Muslims.

The forty days fasting of Jesus Christ has nothing to do with Ramadan. They are totally different in history and philosophy pls.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Godwin616: 6:12pm On May 24, 2020
Righteousness89:
As far as I am Concerned Food is food!

As long as it is not Sacrificed to idol

As long as it does not Affect the Faith of those Around you

Lastly as long as your Conscience does not Judge you.
Yes you are on point. Those are the 3 conditions .Once they are met, you are free to eat.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You truly believe a day will come when islam will not demand that a woman wears hijab? Or that polygamy is not allowed? Or that child marriage is not allowed? Hope you know these things are clearly written in their scriptures.
It is one thing to be misguided and another thing to modify the tenets of a religion in the name of liberalism. Hope you realize the above tenets are tenets of the religion not some misguided ideas.

These are some of the core tenets of Islam which no Muslim should have a problem with.

The major problem facing Islam today is extremism ( fanaticism and fundamentalism).
With time Islam shall get over.

The other external problem, the pressure from non Muslim, wanting to tell the Muslim what is right and wrong in their faith, which is the cause of some of the resistance across the world. Like the issue of child marriage, Muslims may not subscribe to a definition by the non Muslims. These are some of the issues.

Otherwise, Islam is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

It is so. But it is more that while they started, muslims did not call them to order but left them to their devices. That is why I said it is rich for a muslim to label another a fanatic. Where was ur voice when Shekau and co were brewing?

I take this to be a rhetorical question, else you tell what you know about my view when they started.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:34pm On May 24, 2020
mhmsadyq:

I take this to be a rhetorical question, else you tell what you know about my view when they started.

Of course it's rhetorical. We all know the answer. I don't know your view when they started but your leaders sure did not condemn them. Even till now, some speak from both sides of their mouth where BH are concerned.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:36pm On May 24, 2020
mhmsadyq:

These are some of the core tenets of Islam which no Muslim should have a problem with.

The major problem facing Islam today is extremism ( fanaticism and fundamentalism).
With time Islam shall get over.

The other external problem, the pressure from non Muslim, wanting to tell the Muslim what is right and wrong in their faith, which is the cause of some of the resistance across the world. Like the issue of child marriage, Muslims may not subscribe to a definition by the non Muslims. These are some of the issues.

Otherwise, Islam is perfect.

Exactly what I was telling that guy who claimed Islam is evolving. Those are core tenets of Islam and can't be changed by a simple evolution as he implied.
cc: kafeii123

To your other response. Do you mean to blame non-Muslims for Islamic terrorism? You see why I said it is always rich for a Muslim to accuse someone else of fanaticism
cc: bigtt76
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by ThatFairGuy: 6:40pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

You mean if he begs you. I get you then. No problem as I am sure no serious Christian will beg you for sallah meat. Peace.
I think I articulated my words which you should be able to decode. With his CONSENT. Does it mean to beg?
This is what I meant, Like, WOULD YOU LIKE EID MEAT? Because some Christian doesn't take it as well
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:44pm On May 24, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

I think I articulated my words which you should be able to decode. With his CONSENT. Does it mean to beg?
This is what I meant, Like, WOULD YOU LIKE EID MEAT? Because some Christian doesn't take it as well

Which implies you will offer sallah meat to a non-muslim. Why then go round in fancy words before instead of a simple yes? You know the implication is that you believe your meat fit for consumption by a non-muslim while you believe his not fit for your consumption. Does that sound fair and just?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 6:48pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Of course it's rhetorical. We all know the answer. I don't know your view when they started but your leaders sure did not condemn them. Even till now, some speak from both sides of their mouth where BH are concerned.

Some you said. It's Ok.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 24, 2020
kenny160:
na u know that one o.. Me i don talk my own. Av u ever reach heaven before? And before all these religions come na traditional religion all our forefather they practice no problem but as xtian and muslim enter our country.. Hatered comes in lack of trust comes in killing and bad bad thing enter may God help us...
I was supporting your statement. You didn't understand what I said. Please read it again to understand.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by petitejolie(f): 6:59pm On May 24, 2020
Nothing is forbidden. Cover with the blood of Jesus and chop.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by sunshineV(f): 6:59pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

So because of hunger, you are ready and willing to sell your birthday as Esua.
I understand it hunger and the aroma of the coming moslem festival that inspired you writeup.
Before you exchange your soul with 2pieces of meat and a plate of amala or rice, please kindly read 2Cornth 6:14-18 "

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Alaye if u die of hunger because of these verses in a story book u are quoting from even God will laff u
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by atheistandproud(m): 7:02pm On May 24, 2020
sunshineV:

Alaye if u die of hunger because of these verses in a story book u are quoting from even God will laff u

Why you savage like this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria / As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? / Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.