Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? (33207 Views)

5 Prophets Muslims And Christians Share Together In Their Holy Books. / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 10:03am On May 24, 2020
Humanity first, u eat mine I eat urs. Or I eat urs, u eat mine. U hate me, I double hate u.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by orjiee: 10:03am On May 24, 2020
I just finished enjoying crunchy chin chin, fried chicken, chilled Amstel malt with Zobo from my Muslim neighbour... preaching preachers continue preaching.

12 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by StandardBuilder(m): 10:03am On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort
Yorubas are religious tolerance, do that make them a problem ?,
You prefer Hausa Muslim that kills over little misunderstanding than Yorubas that prefer peace, relate with eachother and get married without letting religion get in their way to live a conflict free life. Confused fellow

25 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by miftaudeen(m): 10:04am On May 24, 2020
gaetano:
Christians aren't supposed to be sharing same country with Muslims sef. We have nothing in common undecided

Yes, we have nothing in common we are believers and you are kaafir

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaeyking(m): 10:04am On May 24, 2020
KomonSense:
OYO for that Christian oooo

I have lived in the North for over 10 years and they would never share in our own Christian celebration...

Rather if they catch a Muslim BRETHREN trying to share in Christian celebration they will threaten to kill the person eventually

Some tales I see here makes me wonder if we are truly educated. so
which part of the north did you stay

11 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by janettee(f): 10:04am On May 24, 2020
It's just food ffs, is it really that deep?

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Afamed: 10:05am On May 24, 2020
Sultty:

To that effect, I think it's wrong to share in their feast (I even had a spat with my wife) it's because to what basis is their feast to what God?
Don't only stop from their feast, also Stop transacting biz with them.When you need to board a taxi, immediately you notice, the driver is a Muslim don't board the taxii. Hypocrite number one. And when you need medical attention in the hospital, immediately you notice, the dr is a Muslim, don't bother to take the medical treatment

18 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by gambia(m): 10:05am On May 24, 2020
yettymuse:
Christian o, Muslim o, none of y’all has found the cure for coronavirus! Forget religion and enjoy the moment.. Let Love Lead!

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by sinkhole: 10:05am On May 24, 2020
dododawa1:
If hunger hold you,you will even eat heberlist meal
some people actually go hunting for these sacrificial foods and money to eat and loot grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Olas16198901: 10:05am On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by SirMichael1: 10:05am On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

Lol, that's why i like yoruba muslims, especially the ones who grew up in the south-west. But you see the ones who grew up in the north, just forget it.

If eating it will not bring down the faith of a fellow christain, then it's okay to eat it. I would have their chin chin over their meat any day. With the rate I don't trust these our tenants self, I wdon't think I'll eat anything today.

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Mbbscentric(m): 10:06am On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

Badly cook idea!

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by SILVERLINES: 10:06am On May 24, 2020
ikh777:

The answer you seek is in 1 Corinthians 8

pls study it with a good translation.

TRUTHS ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS ARE NOT FOR DEBATE, IF TRULY YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN, Go to the bible and find your answers... ASSUMPTION IS COSTLY.
1 Corinthians 8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;

11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.

13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

Show me where it says we shouldn't celebrate with our neighbours

I'm sure you won't justify your stupidity with the verses 4&5

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by big7: 10:06am On May 24, 2020
sbaks:
Ignore him please. Read Romans 14. If you have faith, you can eat it. Besides, hunger never wire you. If REAL HUNGER wire you, you go chop with GREAT thanksgiving without even "remembering" to ask questions. Thank you.

God bless you my brother... I read that chapter and it carries so much wisdom and power in it.. True the righteous are destroyed for lack of knowledge
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Tayeni(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2020
jaeyking:

well I Ave stayed in the north from Zamfara, Kaduna, Plateau, Nassarwa, Sokoto, Katsina for more than 22yrs.
you have no knowledge of the north.
they accept the Christmas or Easter food with small chops.
because it's just food to them thats eaten to sustain hunger.
no special ties to it

if you don't know something abt something don't speak ill of it.

I guess you Ave never stayed in the North
The guy is so ignorant. How ignorance and confidence can reside in the same body never stops to amuse me.

11 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by luminouz(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2020
I remembered this celebration many years ago, when my grandma would celebrate it as a Muslim. Though I have Christian parents, I never minded joining my grandma on her salah/Eid feasts. I never bought the BS story about Muslims sacrificing their food to idols. I love my grandma and that includes her food, anytime and anyday

6 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaeyking(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2020
diplomat058:
Lol

Some Christians don't know that much of the directions contained in the post ascension New Testament are in forms of counsels, recommendations and guidelines, NOT LAWS.

That is why many of them are conflicting. Peter and Paul did issue some conflicting 'ordinances' to their respective followers. Same for Apollo and others. But I believe the words of Jesus himself should be held supreme.

Jesus said that food intakes cannot make a man unclean, and he also went into the houses of unbelievers and shared meals with them.

Peter once thought sharing meals with non Jews is an unclean act, hence he was discriminatory. Paul once criticised him for this.

Another Apostle advised thus: Do not be unevenly yoked with unbelievers, yet Jesus wined and dined so much with unbelievers that rumors were rife that he was possessed by unclean spirits.

Peter and Paul advised One Man, One Wife cos they were One-wifed and celibate respectively. Other Apostles cared less about this and only
breiterated mutual understanding between couples.

There is only two laws that Jesus left for us: One, Love the Lord Your God with all your heart and might; two, Love Your Neighbor as yourself.

Any other things are merely suggestions, to me. Including tithes which was a practice if the abolished Levitical Priesthood!

though your conclusions is kinda a little bit off.
but your 7th paragraph is the best thing I have read on nairaland lately...
may God bless you..

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by omonnakoda: 10:09am On May 24, 2020
gambia:

You are right, i grew up in the north. Please tell them oo

Not just the north.

Everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Afamed: 10:10am On May 24, 2020
Sultty:

To that effect, I think it's wrong to share in their feast (I even had a spat with my wife) it's because to what basis is their feast to what God?
Above all, you need to stop buying cow meat and pepper because they are all from the Muslim in the North.
Bigot

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Unity19(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2020
post=89901335:
Eating the food served by our muslim friends, neighbors, clients and well-wishers can be so delicious ehn! tongue

If you have a problem with this post as a 'Xtian', na ur wahala be dat!

We have to learn to respect others people's religion.
In so doing, our world we be beautiful.

Meanwhile,  
From all of us @[b][/b] : Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim Friends

You are always welcome brotherly.
BBQ will be ready for all of you after this pandemic time bro.
Enjoy your day with love.
One Love.

Barka de Sallah beautiful yarinya kiss
Do enjoy your day sis.
One Love.

Hello, where is your shop? I wish to visit and get some BBQ
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by grafikii: 10:11am On May 24, 2020
Why do you guys post this sh. T every year and the mods are always eager to put it on the front page
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by ufotty2001: 10:11am On May 24, 2020
You people are stupid.. Muslim bring the food I will eat it till my father come. When I was small I use to go to Muslim house to eat their food very well..

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaeyking(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2020
Unrated900:

Nothing in common big time
They preach war and loves to fight war
Why Christian preaches love
LET lOVE LEAD
so from your statement you just prove that you have no love for your neighbour.
so how do you preach love

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by omonnakoda: 10:13am On May 24, 2020
Funny people talking nonsense about food,
Have you any clue what goes into Corned beef,Gala,Geisha,Tinned sardines, sausage,burger shawarma?
What happens to all the imported fish,turkey, chicken consumed in Nigeria?
What about the milk?

You eat suya happily and are talking rubbish about equally yoked?

Unless you are a farmer growing everything you eat just gboju

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by ScotMisile: 10:13am On May 24, 2020
No
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:14am On May 24, 2020
Well, should a christian receive favours from Muslims?
Should a christian associate with Muslims?
Many more questions like this but for me, yes, I eat with Muslims and I will be going to a captain's house to eat and be filled lol. There's love in sharing and living in peace. Just pray before you eat what people give you. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by 4Play(m): 10:15am On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It seems to me that the world will benefit from being more like the Yorubas in this regard.

8 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by olatunde666: 10:15am On May 24, 2020
Magic fingers to all hustlers out there regardless of this pandemic... May Jah bless. Eit Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters out there.

Let's wait for this hit "magic finger" coming to you from your one and only Don Smasher..

She as one of his fans dey enjoy the song for his newly arrived car ��

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAj2uhaDu-r/?igshid=ac7spc4pv0ag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4rlFCauzSI

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by omonnakoda: 10:17am On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

But they "accept" suya? And travel happily to Dubai,China?

What do they eat in Dubai,Holy Communion?

9 Likes

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Olarewaju89: 10:17am On May 24, 2020
Yenefer:
most of them are Yahoo boys. they don't know anything about the Bible. as a Muslim, I can teach Bible to many of them developers.

My sister, I always laugh when i read your comments. Well, there are fake Christians whom you can deceive out there. But, remember we shall surely give account of every falsehood. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Onlyonebuhari: 10:18am On May 24, 2020
Fasting is also prescribed in the 9th month in bible.

And it came to pass in the fifth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, in the ninth month, that they proclaimed a fast before the LORD to all the people in Jerusalem, and to all the people that came from the cities of Judah unto Jerusalem.
Jeremiah:36:9

WE MUSLIMS FAST FOR ALLAH (GOD). WE OBEY HIM AND WORSHIP HIM ALONE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by jaeyking(m): 10:19am On May 24, 2020
omonnakoda:
Do you know that virtually all beef sold in Nigeria is killed according to Islamic rites?

walahi they don't know.
and they are here shouting they can't eat Salah meat.
especially the Christians in the North.

Let love lead.
love your neighbour as you love your self.

they are your neighbours love them.
bear no ill feelings towards them.

for your destination is to make heaven and not to please man.

Jesus Christ ate with Unbelievers he turn Unbelievers his disciples.
and one of the greatest Apostles was once a great unbeliever.
if Christ's love was not shown to him.

he would have been condemned.

God does not delight in the plight of sinners he needs them more than the righteous.
and how do you turn Unbelievers to believer by SHOWING LOVE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos) / Is 3 O'Clock The Most Effective Hour To Pray?? / The Pastor With The 'Magic' Jacket (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.