Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning (2590 Views)

I Was Defrauded By Canada-Based Nigerian, Not His Accomplice — Lawyer / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed / Two Birds Fought To Death In My Compound Early This Morning, PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Kharphy0309(f): 9:28pm On May 23, 2020
I was duped early in the morning today. I misplaced my UBA atm card inside bus 3days ago. Immediately I chatted leo up. I was given assurance that the card has been disabled. To my surprise this morning I got a debit alert of #80000 from my ACCOUNT to an Opay account. I have the reference of the transactions including the Opay account number they transferred my money to. Please is there a way the identity of the fraudsters can be revealed? Nairalanders please help me. I have called Opay and Uba out on twitter. No reply since morning. Am heart broken��

1 Like

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by TheGiftedOne(m): 9:31pm On May 23, 2020
FP Asap. Modes please help this guys case make She no quench on-top this Covid-19 recession. I no know am from Adam but I dey feel Her pain.

Cc
Lalasticlala
mynd44
Dominique

5 Likes

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Toluabigr8(m): 9:34pm On May 23, 2020
fed govt should shut down opay , they are scammers and instruments for scammers..

I'm a living witness

3 Likes

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Enoch07: 9:35pm On May 23, 2020
another one!!! my dear even prayers cannot help u now, by now "Dem boy" don use your money buy shawarma for another babe. hopefully God will punish them for u

1 Like

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by slimjohn2k5: 9:39pm On May 23, 2020
First thing to do is to send UBA a mail, also go to the branch
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by mployer(m): 9:39pm On May 23, 2020
There is nothing you can do. The person has made withdrawal from an OPAY agent.

He used the POS so the bank CCTV won't capture him.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Kharphy0309(f): 9:39pm On May 23, 2020
Please i will appreciate if this can be push to fp. I have all the screenshot of the transactions with me. Am extremely down���
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Kharphy0309(f): 9:40pm On May 23, 2020
I have sent them several mails. No reply. Moreso today is Saturday Bank doesn't open till Wednesday due to public holiday

slimjohn2k5:
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by mployer(m): 9:42pm On May 23, 2020
You lost your card, instead walking straight to the bank and lodge your complain, you are chatting virtual Leo on phone.

It's all your fault. You gave them enough time to figure out your password.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Kharphy0309(f): 9:42pm On May 23, 2020
Chai... Am thinking there should be a way the person identity will be tracked via Opay
mployer:
There is nothing you can do. The person has made withdrawal from an OPAY agent.

He used the POS so the bank CCTV won't capture him.
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by mployer(m): 9:47pm On May 23, 2020
Kharphy0309:

Chai... Am thinking there should be a way the person identity will be tracked via Opay

Talk to a police officer. Such tracks are done in Banks but with an order from a court, I guess.
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Kharphy0309(f): 9:54pm On May 23, 2020
I sent several mails, no reply. Moreso today is Saturday Bank doesn't open till Wednesday due to public holiday

slimjohn2k5:
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by yomi007k(m): 9:55pm On May 23, 2020
mployer:
You lost your card, instead walking straight to the bank and lodge your complain, you are chatting virtual Leo on phone.

I thought Leo was some dude...na wa oo.
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by theNOISEmaker: 9:56pm On May 23, 2020
But i thought an ATM card can't be used for an online transaction without an OTP code being sent to the owner's number first?
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by MrToothBrush: 9:58pm On May 23, 2020
mployer:

Why do Nigerians think this way? Why can't she use the virtual assistance? Isn't that what it was designed for?

You have a good case if you sue that bank to court if you can prove you were indeed convinced by the banks virtual assistance

7 Likes

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Kharphy0309(f): 9:59pm On May 23, 2020
I only received debit alert. No otp at all

theNOISEmaker:
But i thought an ATM card can't be used for an online transaction without an OTP code being sent to the owner's number first?
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by falcon01: 10:03pm On May 23, 2020
Omo I Tried making a payment with one website like this , No verification nothing at all within seconds My Money disappeared and normally have to verify with OTp and other stuffs but This one just removed 96k from my account no questions, I got WHAT I bought sha but I still deactivated the card and Transfered all the money to My other account and deactivated the Atm Card too it was really scary walai. And OP, Since the Bank said they deactivated you card, They should be held responsible.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Kharphy0309(f): 10:04pm On May 23, 2020
Yes ooo Immediately I finish chatting with Leo. I received a message that my atm has been disabled successfully. They even deducted #5 from the account for disabling my atm which is normal. The reason y I chatted leo was because I called their customer care for more than 30min the day I misplaced my atm they didn't pick. This evening they eventually pick after the deed has been done. They even confirmed that my atm has been blocked already. How managed the fraudsters were able to perform the fraudulent act still baffles me

MrToothBrush:
Why do Nigerians think this way? Why can't she use the virtual assistance? Is that what it was designed for?

You have a good case if you sue that bank to court if you can prove you were indeed convinced by the banks virtual assistance

1 Like

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by StubbornGENIUS: 10:17pm On May 23, 2020
The Bank told you they did, yet they didn't block the card and you ended up losing 80k from your account.Shouldn't they be liable for any loss incurred from their incompetence?Anyway a friend had a similar experience,luckily security cameras were installed in the agent's shop so the thief was caught.Sorry for your loss though.
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Kharphy0309(f): 10:26pm On May 23, 2020
This is all I have got. I ll appreciate any help in getting my money back �
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by theNOISEmaker: 10:29pm On May 23, 2020
Kharphy0309:
I only received debit alert. No otp at all

no OTP the thing dey surprise and confuse me o... I pray you recover your money.
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Shellsploit: 10:33pm On May 23, 2020
Leo sef shocked
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by kcowen(m): 10:33pm On May 23, 2020
Kharphy0309:
Yes ooo Immediately I finish chatting with Leo. I received a message that my atm has been disabled successfully. They even deducted #5 from the account for disabling my atm which is normal. The reason y I chatted leo was because I called their customer care for more than 30min the day I misplaced my atm they didn't pick. This evening they eventually pick after the deed has been done. They even confirmed that my atm has been blocked already. How managed the fraudsters were able to perform the fraudulent act still baffles me

Sorry for your loss!!!!what if this fraudsters has already perpetrated this wicked act during the 30min time spent in trying to call their customer service and you received the alert after some days,its so possible not to receive alert immediately after a transaction

This guy's are operating on a different level, a colleague of mine lost his phone not quite long he got a debit alert of a N160k then immediately this fraudsters collected loan of N150k

1 Like

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Sambai65(m): 10:57pm On May 23, 2020
mployer:

you they mind her ,instead of her to walk into the bank she was chatting with Leo, robot for that matter
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Sambai65(m): 11:01pm On May 23, 2020
There's are three banks I will never have business with Nigeria, access bank,UBA and first bank
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by Hoodbilonia: 10:40am On May 24, 2020
Men fuc k
I never experience dis kind ish b4.
Many times i don loose phone
Wallets with atm card and raw cash.
God dey always do am,i get them back intact within 48hrs.
Nawa o.
80k for dis hard times wey we dey
Wen i lost my iphone last year august
I no fit sleep 3days. I don block account quick by monday which was 2days later.
Till the person who picked the phone finaly pick call.
Had mercy on me .since na icloud and passcode lock.
Na God save me say no be android.
I for hail

1 Like

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by zeestone99(m): 1:25pm On May 24, 2020
always put password on your simcard especially the one linked to your bank.memorise your puk code as well incase you enter your password wrongly.these criminals are getting smarter.

1 Like

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by adubam(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2020
Kharphy0309:
I was duped early in the morning today. I misplaced my UBA atm card inside bus 3days ago. Immediately I chatted leo up. I was given assurance that the card has been disabled. To my surprise this morning I got a debit alert of #80000 from my ACCOUNT to an Opay account. I have the reference of the transactions including the Opay account number they transferred my money to. Please is there a way the identity of the fraudsters can be revealed? Nairalanders please help me. I have called Opay and Uba out on twitter. No reply since morning. Am heart broken��

Chat them online on their websites. You'll surely get a response.
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by BrainRider: 1:59pm On May 24, 2020
Kharphy0309:
. I received a call on Thursday from a foreign number claiming to be an opay agent. He was talking trash about by opay account. I just kuku cut the call and deactivated the account.
Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by ezugegere(m): 2:15pm On May 24, 2020
Send a strong worded mail to the bank. Attach your chat with Leo. Copy CBN, EFCC, ICPC and CPC. Look for their email address and copy them

1 Like

Re: Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning by timbs001(m): 3:28pm On May 24, 2020
falcon01:
Omo I Tried making a payment with one website like this , No verification nothing at all within seconds My Money disappeared and normally have to verify with OTp and other stuffs but This one just removed 96k from my account no questions, I got WHAT I bought sha but I still deactivated the card and Transfered all the money to My other account and deactivated the Atm Card too it was really scary walai. And OP, Since the Bank said they deactivated you card, They should be held responsible.

Most likely no issues with the website. Most foreign sites , all you need to make payment with your card is the card number, the security digit at the back of the card and that's it. That's why it's not good to have one's ATM lying carelessly around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Video: Man Assassinated In Broad Day Light By UGM on Okpara Avenue Enugu / Pandemonium In New Benin Market Benin City As Hausa Guy Beheads Market Woman's H / Eric Gardner Dies After Police Puts Him In Chokehold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.