Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader (22524 Views)

NAF Neutralized Over 100 Terrorists On Mass Movement In Zamfara (Graphic) / Peter Obi: Labour Party Now Mass Movement / Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by martineverest(m): 10:27am On May 24, 2020
bigfish3k:

Don't compare easterners with almajiris
Easterners spread wealth and prosperity wherever they go thats why a heavy price was paid by other Nigerians just to make them continue being nigerians
lockdown restrictions is for everyone irrespective of it wealth
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by OSASBOI: 10:31am On May 24, 2020
shoot at sight order should declared on them, but who will enforce it, cos all the arm forces are saturated with almajiris
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by PigTormentor: 10:33am On May 24, 2020
diplomat058:
I do call them Afenifebi too, especially when that Yinka Odumakin is out on his usual rampage of gibberish. But you should know that no One is flawless. The present Nigerian structure is a huge impediment to the advancement of the Yoruba nation.

This is about nationalism, not partisanship

I agree with you on that. My problem with all these "ethnic Nations" is that they are partly born out of selfish considerations. When OBJ was president, there was no call serious call for Oduduwa Nation, when Jonathan was in Power and Igbos control the corridors of power, the call for Biafra was muted. If and when we have another Yoruba ruling in 2023, I can guarantee you that call for Yoruba Nation will also become mute for the time being.
Like I said before, I like people with consistent and solid principles regardless of the potential gain or loss.
I see ethnic activist foaming at the mouth simply because they are out of power and not in control.
The Yoruba nation will simply have the same set of maladies that you have in Nigeria today, Egbas will be against Ijebus, Ijesah will be against those from Ife and so on in the scheme of governance. In fact we already have sub ethnic clashes except that they are silenced for now because there's a perceived greater enemy from the North to be tackled first. What you see in the federal system is a microcosm of what is present in every region and localities of this country.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by bigfish3k: 10:35am On May 24, 2020
zcee:
Some Yorubas will be hurt and angry because of the truth this old man is voicing out...

When will that tribe start thinking straight even with their high level of education they are still seeing these fulanis as their masters..
With education their behavior still this way
I wonder what it would have been like without education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by blackboy(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2020
It is wrong. I am blaming the security forces for encouraging this. What business have almajiras in the south. Are their parents or schools in the south?
This government is a scam
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by bigfish3k: 10:38am On May 24, 2020
martineverest:
lockdown restrictions is for everyone irrespective of it wealth
Agreed, but at least easterners are not hiding themselves behind goods and they board normal buses with nothing to hide
No arrests have been made on easterners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by InvertedHammer: 10:52am On May 24, 2020
/
It is nothing new. Almost all the Igbo states are conquered. Fulani people have taken over strategic bushes in Igbo land. Boy was I shocked?

They finally installed Hope in Imo State and the people kept quiet thinking it is political. Hope has shown in words and action that he will welcome them in Imo as the new frontier. I love how everyone is acting like it is none of their business. Sooner than later it will be everyone's business.

/

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by Mentorme: 11:15am On May 24, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Those foolish aboniki elders should put their acts together.
Only na
Boko haram
Fulani herdsmen
Cattle rustler etc

Dem swear for Una?

You can not marry several wives,
Give birth to children like pigs and expect someone else to take care of those children for you.
That's insane!

I guess it's because we encourage them by giving them money, that's why they see us as their ATM.

I have stopped giving them my money. I hope that every state government can start arresting and sending them back to their regions.
We don't want nuisance here.
According to your Monica, why are you angry with your Master's offsprings? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by AnanseK(m): 11:17am On May 24, 2020
The usual scam. There is no movement of Almajiris to the south. Those going to the south are not Almajiris. They are unskilled migratory laborers and have been doing that for last one hundred years or longer. They go for menial jobs , megurd , wheel barrow pushers , coblers and motorcycle taxi drivers, butchers, su ya sellers etc.

Same way traders and artisans from the south have been going to the north for upto one hundred years, car spare parts sellers, mechanics, welders, bricklayers, building material sellers , electronics dealers, shop keepers etc.

Almajiris and their Mallams ( teachers) have nothing to do in the south.

I have no idea why this deliberate mischief( Almajiris going to the south) is promoted and for what benefits.

If you see real Almajiri in the south it means he was stolen child from north to be sold at Onitsha slave market.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by diplomat058(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2020
PigTormentor:

I agree with you on that. My problem with all these "ethnic Nations" is that they are partly born out of selfish considerations. When OBJ was president, there was no call serious call for Oduduwa Nation, when Jonathan was in Power and Igbos control the corridors of power, the call for Biafra was muted. If and when we have another Yoruba ruling in 2023, I can guarantee you that call for Yoruba Nation will also become mute for the time being.
Like I said before, I like people with consistent and solid principles regardless of the potential gain or loss.
I see ethnic activist foaming at the mouth simply because they are out of power and not in control.
The Yoruba nation will simply have the same set of maladies that you have in Nigeria today, Egbas will be against Ijebus, Ijesah will be against those from Ife and so on in the scheme of governance. In fact we already have sub ethnic clashes except that they are silenced for now because there's a perceived greater enemy from the North to be tackled first. What you see in the federal system is a microcosm of what is present in every region and localities of this country.
No, I reject some of your points. How could you say Oduduwa Nation State will be a mini Nigeria? That is absolutely erroneous and ridiculous.

If you are mistaking what is to come for some past skirmishes, then you might need to retrace your thought steps. At a point when the various Yoruba kingdoms maintained separate autonomies and there was no unifying political architecture, except the Yoruba language and ancestral allegiance to Ile-Ife, skirmishes like that were understandable and normal. It happened when the various Italian kingdoms and principalities of Venetia, Milan, Sicilia, Lombardy and others were not united. After they all unified to become modern Italy, did you hear of such intra-ethnic battles again?

It happened when the German Kingdoms of Prussia, Bavaria, Austria, were independent. Indeed, they fought themselves and aligned with Foreign Enemies against each other for supremacy contests. When they expelled Austria from the confederation and unified the all the kingdoms under Prussian leadership, did you hear of any intra-ethnic confrontations again?

At a point when much of the kingdoms came under the imperial leadership of Oyo, were there intra-ethnic wars within the Empire. It was after the Empire collapsed due to Fulani and Nupe attacks, aided by pro-Afonja separatists that we started hearing of intra Yoruba wars again such as the Kiriji war between the Ekiti Parapo and the Ibadan Ajeles armies.

My point is that, history has shown that when Yorubas, and indeed most other ethnic nationalities, are unified under a superior ethnic leadership, harmony is imminent.

You remember the defunct Western region? Were there records of intra-ethnic confrontations? The only crises recorded were purely political, NOT ethnic. Awolowo, an Ijebu Man, was accepted by all as a fatherly figure and the political Messiah. What does that tell you? Yorubas are not united by any common enemy. We have always been together and the mechanisms of collectiveness and conflict resolutions are traditional to us, and we had the most sophisticated sociopolitical precolonial existence in the South of the Niger.

Our Odua Republic will be the pride of the Black World. It will be a flagship of technological development, economic advancement and high ranking Human Capital.

And, point of correction; true nationalists do not weaponize nationalism to bargain political benefits. Rather, they are more interested in fundamental changes that will result in the structural improvements of their Nation, else they threaten to pull out. What is the biggie about the Nigerian presidency? Look at the Fulanis who have had it for years. Obj had it for eight years, did it translate to a stable power sector to power industrialization and SMEs in the SW? Did it lead to an enviable road network interlinking the commerce hotspots in the region?

Lol. True Nationalistic Omoluabis are not sai APC or sai PDP; it goes beyound that parasitic, recessive pettiness!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by IGBOSON1: 11:35am On May 24, 2020
StagethemTVee:
I understand that many of us were scammed by APC's change mantra in the first election. But those who reelected this president are the ones that shock me...what next level has this government offered them?

i will appreciate your sub below,positive work going on on the channel. thanks

Can’t speak for the middlebelt, but he was supported by some southerners for ethnic reasons, hate, and greed! In their heart-of-hearts they knew that, his poor first term apart, his track record in the military on human rights, coup plotting, ruining the economy and bigotry were enough reasons not to vote for him, but as i said earlier, tribalism, hate and greed didn’t allow them see the bigger picture!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by EdiskyHarry: 11:35am On May 24, 2020
Let the south continue living based on political sentiment, one day e go clear una for eyes, and Dat time it will be too late,
My only prayer is that my Niger delta should be producing leaders like wike through out. That's the only hope for Niger delta.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by temptnow: 11:38am On May 24, 2020
MBimbo:
This episode long to

Kindly show some love to a friend in need. Make person buy food. Any amount biko

Acces Bank 0012614633

No one will give you 1 naira, you're a lazy man. It's obvious. You are too lazy not to read a page of book but you know how to beg all day like almaljiri
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by joefelin2345: 11:38am On May 24, 2020
universe26:
I'M just wondering why they voted for this government the 2nd time. by 2022 most of them will defect to another party and some will form a new party so that they can deceive those without future to vote for them again, to enable them dertroy the country the more.
Are U really sure he was voted for the 2nd time? The records are there his the whole thing was manipulated uptill the Supreme court.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by Ujuiwuji(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2020
Yes you made points here Nigeria must be restructured without it no elections in 2023. The zoo must fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by universe26(m): 11:45am On May 24, 2020
joefelin2345:
Are U really sure he was voted for the 2nd time? The records are there his the whole thing was manipulated uptill the Supreme court.

The court that belongs to them. they should just restructure the country. this will bring development to all part of nigeria. north with agriculture &solid minerals, west with education, east with business & manifacturing spirit, south with oil. we all need each other!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by universe26(m): 11:49am On May 24, 2020
Oga a leader should be a leader, what would u say of yaradua? which ethnic protest did u perceived? u try and see the solution and not only the cause
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by universe26(m): 11:51am On May 24, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
Let the south continue living based on political sentiment, one day e go clear una for eyes, and Dat time it will be too late,
My only prayer is that my Niger delta should be producing leaders like wike through out. That's the only hope for Niger delta.
My brother u dey think well. Ur prayers will be answered

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by Metalsmith(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2020
All state house of assembly speakers from the southern states should move a motion for a referendum on restructuring and make it a precondition to participate in the 2023 Federal elections .Any governor not cooperating should be impeached.Southrrn state governors should be warned not to allow their personal and selfish interests to stand against the emergence of a true federalism.where each region will progress at his own pace.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by Simbrixton(m): 12:10pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by Simbrixton(m): 12:11pm On May 24, 2020
Please watch and subscribe
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by PigTormentor: 12:23pm On May 24, 2020
diplomat058:
No, I reject some of your points. How could you say Oduduwa Nation State will be a mini Nigeria? That is absolutely erroneous and ridiculous.

If you are mistaking what is to come for some past skirmishes, then you might need to retrace your thought steps. At a point when the various Yoruba kingdoms maintained separate autonomies and there was no unifying political architecture, except the Yoruba language and ancestral allegiance to Ile-Ife, skirmishes like that were understandable and normal. It happened when the various Italian kingdoms and principalities of Venetia, Milan, Sicilia, Lombardy and others were not united. After they all unified to become modern Italy, did you hear of such intra-ethnic battles again?

It happened when the German Kingdoms of Prussia, Bavaria, Austria, were independent. Indeed, they fought themselves and aligned with Foreign Enemies against each other for supremacy contests. When they expelled Austria from the confederation and unified the all the kingdoms under Prussian leadership, did you hear of any intra-ethnic confrontations again?

At a point when much of the kingdoms came under the imperial leadership of Oyo, were there intra-ethnic wars within the Empire. It was after the Empire collapsed due to Fulani and Nupe attacks, aided by pro-Afonja separatists that we started hearing of intra Yoruba wars again such as the Kiriji war between the Ekiti Parapo and the Ibadan Ajeles armies.

My point is that, history has shown that when Yorubas, and indeed most other ethnic nationalities, are unified under a superior ethnic leadership, harmony is imminent.

You remember the defunct Western region? Were there records of intra-ethnic confrontations? The only crises recorded were purely political, NOT ethnic. Awolowo, an Ijebu Man, was accepted by all as a fatherly figure and the political Messiah. What does that tell you? Yorubas are not united by any common enemy. We have always been together and the mechanisms of collectiveness and conflict resolutions are traditional to us, and we had the most sophisticated sociopolitical precolonial existence in the west of the Niger.

Our Odua Republic will be the pride of the Black World. It will be a flagship of technological development, economic advancement and high ranking Human Capital.

And, point of correction; true nationalists do not weaponize nationalism to bargain political benefits. Rather, they are more interested in fundamental changes that will result in the structural improvements of their Nation, else they threaten to pull out. What is the biggie about the Nigerian presidency? Look at the Fulanis who have had it for years. Obj had it for eight years, did it translate to a stable power sector to power industrialization and SMEs in the SW? Did it lead to an enviable road network interlinking the commerce hotspots in the region?

Lol. True Nationalistic Omoluabis are not sai APC or sai PDP; it goes beyound that parasitic, recessive pettiness!

Without a doubt, I love and appreciate your enthusiasm and confidence in the “Oduduwa Nation”.
I wish I could give a more detailed and precis response but time does not permit

It was much easier to lead without much dissent when Awolowo was the Yoruba leader, I don't see anyone having that kind of control and power over any tribe again in the near future.
Anyone or any group that presents itself as the voice of the Yorubas better be super clean because it’s much easier now than during the time of Awolowo to discredit and expose the short comings of anyone.
Let’s not discount the religious aspect of it all –a lot of the so called Oduduwa Nation promoters are mostly Yoruba Christians just like Afenifenifebi members and they are often antagonistic to anything they perceived as friendly or promoting Islam. You really think the Yorubas Muslims in the know are going to follow these people? I seriously doubt that. I know many Yoruba Muslims who already have formed opinions of these clandestine domination plan by some.
Also, who is this leader with the “superior Ethnic leadership " quality to bring about the harmony? I bet he or she is not even born yet.

Now to the more important rebuttal, the SW like the rest of the country has been managed over the years by the Yorubas. How come we have not created that utopian Nation you so gracefully described in your response? All I see is in the SW is a marginal improvement on what is available in the rest of Nigeria. Blaming others for your lack of progress is nothing but excuses especially when our leaders have been Yorubas as Governors, Local Chairmen and so on.

All in all, I’ll say goodluck with the Oduduwa Nation but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by Simbrixton(m): 12:44pm On May 24, 2020
PigTormentor:

Without a doubt, I love and appreciate your enthusiasm and confidence in the “Oduduwa Nation”.
I wish I could give a more detailed and precis response but time does not permit

It was much easier to lead without much dissent when Awolowo was the Yoruba leader, I don't see anyone having that kind of control and power over any tribe again in the near future.
Anyone or any group that presents itself as the voice of the Yorubas better be super clean because it’s much easier now than during the time of Awolowo to discredit and expose the short comings of anyone.
Let’s not discount the religious aspect of it all –a lot of the so called Oduduwa Nation promoters are mostly Yoruba Christians just like Afenifenifebi members and they are often antagonistic to anything they perceived as friendly or promoting Islam. You really think the Yorubas Muslims in the know are going to follow these people? I seriously doubt that. I know many Yoruba Muslims who already have formed opinions of these clandestine domination plan by some.
Also, who is this leader with the “superior Ethnic leadership " quality to bring about the harmony? I bet he or she is not even born yet.

Now to the more important rebuttal, the SW like the rest of the country has been managed over the years by the Yorubas. How come we have not created that utopian Nation you so gracefully described in your response? All I see is in the SW is a marginal improvement on what is available in the rest of Nigeria. Blaming others for your lack of progress is nothing but excuses especially when our leaders have been Yorubas as Governors, Local Chairmen and so on.

All in all, I’ll say goodluck with the Oduduwa Nation but I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

you cant speak of d struggle from outside

Imam ilorin is muslim and a strong advocate of oduduwa republic and deposing the emir of ilorin

Infact dere are more muslims than Christians in dese struggle
Am a member of opc and one thing we know is we are an army in waiting dere are more muslims than Christians in opc

So what are u talking about?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by luluman: 12:50pm On May 24, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
An Afonja man who was delivered of zombism is now making so much sense

I love the man he has become now shocked
See mumu, where you dey when your Ibo brothers show them support?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Mass Movement Of Almajirai To South Frightening - Afenifere Leader by BeerParlour: 12:52pm On May 24, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Lol
OSU pig morons will always find something to cook up grin
Keep fooling yourself grin

Muhammedian Islamic pig uploading fake pictures now accussing others of cooking up story.

You can keep living in your Muhammedian zombie imagination

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigeria Needs Loans For Roads, Rail, Power / Train Attack: Bandits Release Pregnant Woman On Compassionate Ground / Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.