Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Ramadan: German Church Opens Doors For Muslim Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ramadan: German Church Opens Doors For Muslim Prayers (132 Views)

German Church Uses AI To Lead Service To Over 300 People / German Church Opens Doors For Muslim Worshippers During Ramadan / Priest Patrick Asomugha Leaves German Church After Receiving Death Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan: German Church Opens Doors For Muslim Prayers by JeffreyLiaison(m): 7:42am On May 24, 2020
A church in Berlin has opened its doors to Muslim worshippers unable to fit into their mosque under new social distancing rules.

Germany allowed religious services to resume on 4 May but worshippers must maintain a distance of 1.5m (5ft).

As a result the Dar Assalam mosque in the city's Neukölln district could only hold a fraction of its congregation.

But the Martha Lutheran church in Kreuzberg offered to help by hosting Friday prayers at the end of Ramadan.

Throughout the month of Ramadan, Muslims abstain from eating, drinking, smoking and sex from dawn to dusk. Normally families and friends would gather to break their fast and attend communal prayers, but in Berlin - as in countries across the world - this year's celebrations have been affected.

"It is a great sign and it brings joy in Ramadan and joy amid this crisis," the mosque's imam told Reuters news agency. "This pandemic has made us a community. Crises bring people get together."

"It was a strange feeling because of the musical instruments, the pictures," congregation member Samer Hamdoun said, noting the contrast to Islamic worship.

"But when you look, when you forget the small details. This is the house of God in the end."

Even the church's pastor took part in the service.

"I gave a speech in German," said Monika Matthias. "And during prayer, I could only say yes, yes, yes, because we have the same concerns and we want to learn from you. And it is beautiful to feel that way about each other."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52780600

I initially saw BBC`s post on facebook about this and i was I was, should i say joyed, this is an improvement, Instead of the two religions tp e fighting everytime we should learn how to stand each other but in the comment section some people were spewing trash as usual.

Happy Sunday
Re: Ramadan: German Church Opens Doors For Muslim Prayers by mamaafrik(m): 8:01am On May 24, 2020
And we can continue to see the Christian practice the love and tolerance and love that the Bible preach by showing it over and over again.

But the reverse is always the case seen done by the Grandchildren of Ishmael.

what if that Jesus Christ is Lord,what if on the last Day the so called "na lie,na lie " is now true,have you tried to fast and pray to know the right way,Think about it

(1) (Reply)

Dare To Be Like Joseph Series Part 5: Fulfilling Your Dreams Despite All Odds / A Call To Prayer. / Eid Mubarak: Barka De Salla From All Of Us @ Www.deloversbed.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.