Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference (26351 Views)

Which Christian Music Do You Play During This Easter? / What's Your Favourite Christian Music? / Guns, God And Gospel Documentary. Should Christians Take Up Arms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Nobody: 9:54am On May 24, 2020
Alright
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by plucky16(m): 9:55am On May 24, 2020
You know deep down both Christian and Gospel music are same, because both revolves around Jesus. I still didn't see any reason for comparison here, only that one needs to be very careful of many music tagged gospel or christian music as a believer because they have other subtle meaning which does not reflect Christ in any way. Shalom
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Damseldammie(f): 9:55am On May 24, 2020
I know songs to be melodies of the heart & all I care
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:56am On May 24, 2020
post=89901358:
All is for the Glory of God.

That is all that MATTERS

Meanwhile,  
From all of us @[[b][/b] : Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim Friends

You are always welcome brotherly.
BBQ will be ready for all of you after this pandemic time bro.
Enjoy your day with love.
One Love.

shut up!

1 Like

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Lanretoye(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2020
Pls which other genre is in the sub category of Christian music apart from gospel music?
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Danny50: 10:00am On May 24, 2020
Well, most people never new the diffrence like me thanks op
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by sunkieisland(m): 10:06am On May 24, 2020
But the Grammys only recognize The Gospel music genre.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Solo2018: 10:08am On May 24, 2020
It's ok
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Chirowman(m): 10:10am On May 24, 2020
grammar
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by davidinho: 10:10am On May 24, 2020
Some music to inspire and remind you that you are not alone. Thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2QGmIsyu-s
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by FuckHomophobes: 10:10am On May 24, 2020
There are no Christian Music, what we have are Christian Lyrics
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:16am On May 24, 2020
K. Next please

Every song that helps you to surrender your will which is your show bread to God’s is a christian as well as gospel music
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by olatunde666: 10:16am On May 24, 2020
Magic fingers to all hustlers out there regardless of this pandemic... May Jah bless. Eit Mubarak to all my Muslim brothers and sisters out there.

Let's wait for this hit "magic finger" coming to you from your one and only Don Smasher..

She as one of his fans dey enjoy the song for his newly arrived car ��

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAj2uhaDu-r/?igshid=ac7spc4pv0ag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4rlFCauzSI
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:17am On May 24, 2020
DrPurple:

https://www.hipipo.com/home/2014/04/10/understand-the-difference-between-religious-christian-and-gospel-music/

Op come and answer this question:

Give us the Subcategories of Christian music ...abi na only gospel music be the problem
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Emekuslala1: 10:26am On May 24, 2020
grin
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by OKTolu: 10:26am On May 24, 2020
Educative
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by LaJoe2: 10:26am On May 24, 2020
They are one and the same to me, as long as it glorifies GOD/Christ.

Please I don't want headache.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by dayleke: 10:34am On May 24, 2020
Gospel also have "Alujo" genre
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by dayleke: 10:38am On May 24, 2020
All I know is that Yinka Ayefele and Sister Bola Are's music(s) are not the same.

tongue
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by goldensoul55: 10:41am On May 24, 2020
They won't ask Muslims to swear before commenting ooo
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by BrutusOj(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2020
Jubilancy:
Well, this just cleared things up....I never knew!
Can you now mention an example of a gospel music and a Christain music?
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by seunH: 10:55am On May 24, 2020
goldensoul55:
They won't ask Muslims to swear before commenting ooo
Because hardly would you find a Muslim post an insulting or derogatory comments on a Christian thread or maliciously attempt to derail it. My dear brother, quickly examine this thread from page 1 to 2, did you find any Muslim post any malicious comment? Now compare it with the usual friday Muslim threads or even today's thread created to wish Muslims "Happy Salah" and see what your brothers are doing, you would surely see the difference..!!!
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by philsbaba: 11:04am On May 24, 2020
You people just like to create debate when there is none. Abeg talk better thing
DrPurple:

https://www.hipipo.com/home/2014/04/10/understand-the-difference-between-religious-christian-and-gospel-music/
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by nzeobi(m): 11:04am On May 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
NOTHING BEATS THE IGBO CHRISTIAN MUSIC OF THE EARLY 2000'S. THEIR EXCLAMATION OF "UMU CHINEKE" AND CHOREOGRAPHY IS SOMETHING ELSE.
Chika okpala and his likes.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Yxxx: 11:11am On May 24, 2020
Abeggi stop this confusion.
They are one.
Gospel is embedded in Christianity and that is it.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by fadar095(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2020
Am I the only one who get the write up??
This exactly the way some Nigeria lecturer do lecture us
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by fadar095(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2020
Am I the only one who don't get the write up??
This exactly the way some Nigeria lecturer do lecture us
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by femi4: 11:21am On May 24, 2020
crazygod:
Gospel simply means good news. Any music that can uplift man's spirit and at the same glorifies God is called gospel music. We tend to stereotype that word. Moslems too have their own gospel music.
So based on this, I feel is the other way around. Christian music is a Subgenre of Gospel music.
Gospel = Good news of our Lord Jesus Christ
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by femi4: 11:22am On May 24, 2020
Jubilancy:
Well, this just cleared things up....I never knew!
Rubbish article, it didn't clear anything

1 Like

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Timfreds(m): 11:24am On May 24, 2020
In a broad spectrum there is no difference between Christian and Gospel music. They all center on Christ.
"Gospel music" came out of Black Americans pattern of stylish high and loud form of singing Christian songs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / Apostle Suleman Poses Enroute To South Africa 'For Help From Above 2017'(Pics) / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.