Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,941 members, 7,806,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN (20566 Views)

Obasa: 64 Bank Accounts Linked To BVN Of Lagos Assembly Speaker- SaharaReporters / Court Freezes Accounts Linked To Ex-governor, Ambode, Over N9.9bn Alleged Fraud / Sanwo-Olu: 'Ambode Lied, I Was Never Arrested For Spending Fake Dollars In USA' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by trueconscience(m): 6:46am On May 25, 2020
oshozondii:
They terribly lied, because it is sure above 64.

Obasa, since they aren't yours, can 2 different people have the same BVN number?

Your BVN can well be tied to more than one account if you are EMPOWERED by the account owner.

Let's make it simple, you have 2 kids - Chidinma Okeke and Nnamdi Okeke while your name is Okechukwu Okeke.You went to the bank to open accounts for your kids and since they are minors, you run the account for them. Yes, the accounts will bear the name of your kids but your BVN will also be linked to this account.

Same thing can occur when you are given the power of attorney. You don't get to change the account name to yours but your BVN gets attached to the accounts.

While i must commend what Sahara Reporters are doing yet I'm very skeptical about the misinformation they have been presenting over time - believe them at your own peril.

The Obasa guy is not my person, I no even sabi am at all
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by ojobek: 6:47am On May 25, 2020
oshozondii:

Obasa, since they aren't yours, can 2 different people have the same BVN number?
Ask your online reporter whether such a thing is possible.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Nobody: 6:47am On May 25, 2020
Alajiki:

Sahara reporter lied. It's not possible to have a single BVN for different names. Not possible at all...except with the connivance of the banks and a mole in CBN. Without that, hell NO!

Very very possible, But let me stop here
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Goalnaldo(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2020
Sahara reporters should recruit Kemi. It's going to be a mad combo smiley
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Fragility6: 6:47am On May 25, 2020
blank:
Is it possible to have a different name on your account from what's in your BVN? I thought even if the middle name is missing that the account will be restricted.
So bvn restricts u 2 open a bizness wit ur full name .D bvn is jst a number identification 4 ur accounts dats all weda u open wit 100 different names it doesn't mata
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by ojobek: 6:50am On May 25, 2020
trueconscience:

Your BVN can well be tied to more than one account if you are EMPOWERED by the account owner.

Let's make it simple, you have 2 kids - Chidinma Okeke and Nnamdi Okeke while your name is Okechukwu Okeke.You went to the bank to open accounts for your kids and since they are minors, you run the account for them. Yes, the accounts will bear the name of your kids but your BVN will also be linked to this account.

Same thing can occur when you are given the power of attorney. You don't get to change the account name to yours but your BVN gets attached to the accounts.

While i must commend what Sahara Reporters are doing yet I'm very skeptical about the misinformation they have been presenting over time - believe them at your own peril.

The Obasa guy is not my person, I no even sabi am at all
We are talking of 64 accounts here.If such is possible then BVN is rubbish.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by SavageResponse(m): 6:57am On May 25, 2020
How many does he have? grin
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by DSoj(m): 7:04am On May 25, 2020
Then SUE them
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by walkwithgod(m): 7:06am On May 25, 2020
Obasa Gates, No Cap.

I'm giving out my all my high income skill digital courses (digital marketing, Facebook / Instagram marketing, copywriting, social media agency, email marketing).

Pick a niche and become financially free.

WhatsApp - zero eight one one nine seven five six one four four.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Zuriel23: 7:09am On May 25, 2020
If you believed they lied against you, you have the right to sue them. Then they will come out with an evidence.
Untill then, you are guilty as reported by Sahara reporters.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by emmy512: 7:10am On May 25, 2020
Just try transferring 419 naira to each if those accounts the name should show then u will know if it's fake or not.
I did 3 yesterday n they carried same name.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Nobody: 7:15am On May 25, 2020
The EFCC is a red herring, a distraction tool set up by the political elite to look as if they are fighting corruption. The EFCC are owned by the whoever is the incumbent government in power. They usually only ever go against the enemies of the incumbent Government.

Nigeria is a Banana Republican State.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Jaapu: 7:18am On May 25, 2020
affable4:
If it were an opposition member, EFCC will release a statement that they are on the case.

Nonsense.

You are still up with this stupid mentality.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Jaapu: 7:19am On May 25, 2020
walkwithgod:
Obasa Gates, No Cap.

I'm giving out my all my high income skill digital courses (digital marketing, Facebook / Instagram marketing, copywriting, social media agency, email marketing).

Pick a niche and become financially free.

WhatsApp - zero eight one one nine seven five six one four four.

You mean stolen courses.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by amstamon: 7:19am On May 25, 2020
fineboynl:
is it against the law to have so many bank account?

the only crime is if there are questionable Billion's in those accounts.

the only thing I see there is too many bank charges in a month from all the accounts. if you total all the money in there it might not reach 100 million
So having many bank account with different names is not a crime abi? OK continu. U sha go tell me how him take open those account if not with forged passport or fake drivers licenses. Abi shey forged document with someone else passport photographs no b crime again? Fool
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by truentalk: 7:21am On May 25, 2020
To me it's not possible to have different names with same BVN numbers according to BVN rules
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by truentalk: 7:22am On May 25, 2020
To me it's not possible to have different names with same BVN number according to BVN rules
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by trueconscience(m): 7:29am On May 25, 2020
ojobek:

The cases I presented are VERY POSSIBLE the issue is how true is Sahara Reporters's information?
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by esereme2019: 7:29am On May 25, 2020
agwom:
which EFCC? the one where their eagle is looking one side?
grin
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Staro: 7:30am On May 25, 2020
Flyingngel:
Where is Efcc when you need them.

As in ehn ...
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Reference(m): 7:30am On May 25, 2020
Let us see how long it will take the EFCC to react to this to prove whether they are apolitical or not. The man is non executive and has no immunity so they are free to dig to discover. Their credibility is on the line. When matters blow up in the media and public space they are obliged to react if indeed they serve the public.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by zoghys: 7:31am On May 25, 2020
oshozondii:

Do you think anything is impossible in this division of the globe. Common sense would prove the theory of multiple account wrong, but the can do spirit of our spirited political thieves can prove it otherwise. Anyways, let watch and see.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by crackhouse(m): 7:38am On May 25, 2020
Flyingngel:
Where is Efcc when you need them.
They only come when invited to a party. Somebody should invite them to this party pls.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by slowice(m): 7:40am On May 25, 2020
ojun50:
64 account still finding it hard to believe

Really? Are you from France? It could even be more than that
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by Akaegwu(m): 7:40am On May 25, 2020
partnerinbiz3:
Anything is possible in APC led government.If you can supply airtime 5k to 10m, contact 0909--6--3-00200. Only serious persons please. We have an online presence even here on Nairaland with over 5366 positive feedback.May God heal us of covid19.
You are unstable person. Scam is smells around you.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by crackhouse(m): 7:41am On May 25, 2020
ojobek:
bvn is the reason why the numerous accounts was detected. So bvn is not rubbish.
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by slowice(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2020
We don't expect him to accept it so this is normal.... What is no normal is efcc looking the other way instead of swinging into action
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by dantajay: 7:43am On May 25, 2020
It can be possible to have 64 accounts, I myself not a political exposed person has up to 10 different bank accounts. There is nothing new
Re: Obasa: Sahara Reporters Lied, I Don’t Have 64 Accounts Linked To BVN by crackhouse(m): 7:44am On May 25, 2020
truentalk:
To me it's not possible to have different names with same BVN number according to BVN rules
what did the bvn rules say bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Minimum Wage For Pensioners / Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" / BREAKING NEWS-- 10 Adamawa APC Exco Members Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.