Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (52785 Views)

Order Cars from Lagos at the Exact Cost!|Nationwide Delivery / I Need Uber/taxify Driver To Drive My 2011 Toyota Camry / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by 9jaHustler: 12:42pm On May 24, 2020
I have a tokumbo can in Lagos that I want to bring to Abuja. What is the going rate to have someone drive it from Lagos to Abuja?

Are there any conditions usually given?

Any thing that I need to know please.

9 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Oluromantic: 12:52pm On May 24, 2020
First is it a person you know or trust? Does the car have a tracker? Do you know the condition of the car before it leaves Lagos? Does he have a valid driver's license? Would you have him sign an undertaking before d deal? 60k is enough

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Trustme2(m): 12:58pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:
I have a tokumbo can in Lagos that I want to bring to Abuja. What is the going rate to have someone drive it from Lagos to Abuja?

Wait for this lockdown to pass. Don't risk it. Police go carry your money build house

437 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by ozoneymcm: 1:08pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:
First is it a person you know or trust? Does the car have a tracker? Do you know the condition of the car before it leaves Lagos? For he have a valid driver's license? Would you have him sign an undertaking before d deal? 10k is enough
10k is too small. Every other thing is a must to consider

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Oluromantic: 1:11pm On May 24, 2020
ozoneymcm:

10k is too small. Every other thing is a must to consider
Yeah if he's someone he doesn't know, it's small. If it's someone he knows, it's ok

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by obisite: 1:18pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah if he's someone he doesn't know, it's small. If it's someone he knows, it's ok

Put yourself in the drivers shoe.. Even if he knows the person..,, trans back to lagos is how much, what will be left with him after transporting himself back to lagos, except if he will give him trans to lagos back., every other exps on his way.. Then extra 10k - 15k for work done.. Which still little to me

30k - 40k isn't too much (Inclusive of police share on his way to abj)

If the owner is to go pick the car, and get back.. Check out his expenses, time spent and stress driving back to Abj...

281 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by ifnyioj22(m): 1:20pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:
First is it a person you know or trust? Does the car have a tracker? Do you know the condition of the car before it leaves Lagos? Does he have a valid driver's license? Would you have him sign an undertaking before d deal? 10k is enough
na wa for you! 10k from lag to Abj?? Is that for feeding alone? I payed 80k from lag to uyo, he settled his way to uyo..... 10k ke! Tell him not to pay at all!

476 Likes 24 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by 9jaHustler: 1:38pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:
First is it a person you know or trust? Does the car have a tracker? Do you know the condition of the car before it leaves Lagos? Does he have a valid driver's license? Would you have him sign an undertaking before d deal? 60k is enough

The person is a mopol (mobile police officer?) who works with my wife's company. He is into the business of bringing cars for people to Abj. It's a tokumbo car so no tracker yet.

60k should be for his transport to Lagos, fueling the car back to Abj and every other expenses including his profit I guess?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Oluromantic: 1:40pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:

The person is a mopol (mobile police officer?) who works with my wife's company. He is into the business of bringing cars for people to Abj. It's a tokumbo car so no tracker yet.

60k should be for his transport to Lagos, fueling the car back to Abj and every other expenses including his profit I guess?
Yeah it shd. He won't spend much for police since he's an officer himself. So it shd be enough

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by 9jaHustler: 1:40pm On May 24, 2020
Having been a Nairalander for over 10 years, this is my first post to make front page and I am excited.

Please permit me to entertain you small with this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUteM9sP1LY

Lots of cool videos on my YouTube Channel, Please Subscribe and help uplift a fellow Nairalander

My Channel Here: [url]youtube.com/c/Slimluvs[/url]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by 9jaHustler: 1:41pm On May 24, 2020
Thanks but any chance I can get the deal for 40 - 50k?

Oluromantic:

Yeah it shd. He won't spend for police since he's an officer himself. So it shd be enough

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Oluromantic: 1:45pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:
Thanks but any chance I can get the deal for 40 - 50k?

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
That's 30k. So negotiate for 30-35k when u call him. Highest he'll end it at 40k

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by 9jaHustler: 1:50pm On May 24, 2020
Thanks so much. Coupled with the fact that he may pick 1 or 2 passengers along to road grin grin grin

Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
That's 30k. So negotiate for 30-35k when u call him. Highest he'll end it at 40k

8 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Oluromantic: 1:52pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:
Thanks so much. Coupled with the fact that he may pick 1 or 2 passengers along to road grin grin grin

Exactly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 24, 2020
50k averagely is fine

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by osaslord500(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k

8k for fuel from lagos to abj??
6k to transport back to lag??

Joker.. lmao

267 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by osaslord500(m): 2:09pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:

When I bought my Rx350, I paid the driver (a soldier) 50k to move it down to benin. And there was no lockdown. Bro just give this guy at least 60-80k to avoid stories that touch.

118 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Oluromantic: 2:11pm On May 24, 2020
osaslord500:

8k for fuel from lagos to abj??
6k to transport back to lag??

Joker.. lmao
What's funny. At the present rate of fuel N123.5, 8k fuel is enough for a Toyota.

I drive a Peugeot 206. When petrol was N145, 8k fuel fills its tank from empty to full and it goes to akure from Lagos and back

Maybe your car transmission is faulty hence increasing fuel consumption and you're now thinking that's the normal thing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by osaslord500(m): 2:18pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

What's funny. At the present rate of fuel N123.5, 8k fuel is enough for a Toyota.

I drive a Peugeot 206. When petrol was N145, 8k fuel fills its tank from empty to full and it goes to akure from Lagos and back

Maybe your car transmission is faulty hence increasing fuel consumption and you're now thinking that's the normal thing

Your Peugeot 206 should be a 1.4 or 1.6l engine, I use a 3.5l engine and it consumes more fuel, and bro lagos to Abuja should be at least 10-11hrs journey. 8k won't fuel an i4 engine Camry

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by obisite: 2:25pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:
Do you think 40 is a good deal to cover his transport to Lagos, fueling the car back and his profit?

Also depends on the car fuel consumption, number of check points, inter state lock down task force, 50k - 60k isn't bad...

and considering the inter state lock down,..

If you know any one in lag who can get it secure pending the ban on inter state.. Better utilise it than risking the car being impounded.. Or

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by obisite: 2:26pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:

This is OK.. Hopefully it's a good deal, he might not even spend inbtw check point.. Being a mopol..
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by obisite: 2:32pm On May 24, 2020
osaslord500:

When I bought my Rx350, I paid the driver (a soldier) 50k to move it down to benin. And there was no lockdown. Bro just give this guy at least 60k to avoid stories that touch.

This is a sweet deal, highest 6 hrs deal..,, Benin wey no far grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by bishopjoe02(m): 3:26pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k

You are just running your mouth on things you no nothing about,
Fuel is between 8k to 10k if it is an old model car, but any new model car or Jeep/v8 fuel is like 15k to 17k

Each police check point he is suppose to pay between 200 to 500 for ordinary citizen, whether your paper is complete nor not, but since he is a police officer he wouldn't pay this

Custom check point is between 1000 or 2000 depending on the year of the car, he will pay this custom nor send police

Soldier check point is 200 to 500 depending on your negotiation skill, he will also pay this, even though he is a police officer

Police check point from Lagos to abj is between 20 to 30, soldier should b up to six and custom 10 or more.

There will be feeding and transport back to Lagos.

Experience person will charge you between 70k to 100k

129 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by creedencity(m): 3:28pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k

Man, u be akagon, you are too tight fisted for a man

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:34pm On May 24, 2020
bishopjoe02:

You are just running your mouth on things you no nothing about,
Fuel is between 8k to 10k if it is an old model car, but any new model car or Jeep/v8 fuel is like 15k to 17k

Each police check point he is suppose to pay between 200 to 500 for ordinary citizen, whether your paper is complete nor not, but since he is a police officer he wouldn't pay this

Custom check point is between 1000 or 2000 depending on the year of the car, he will pay this custom nor send police

Soldier check point is 200 to 500 depending on your negotiation skill, he will also pay this, even though he is a police officer

Police check point from Lagos to abj is between 20 to 30, soldier should b up to six and custom 10 or more.

There will be feeding and transport back to Lagos.

Experience person will charge you between 70k to 100k
God bless you for this statement, i do vehicle delivery all over Naija and i will never take 40k for a vehicle delivery to Abuja even before lockdown i charge 60k the best i can do during this period is 70k you can check my moniker na everywhere i dey enter so far e dey Naija though i can't do some parts in the north for now and also PH due to our Governor's order there.

38 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Kufie(m): 3:37pm On May 24, 2020
I don't charge anything less than 65k for deliveries. Currently not accepting jobs this period because of the ban. Be careful who you give your car to because in a bid to bypass security operatives at borders, some damage might be done. If you can wait, please wait. Good luck

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:39pm On May 24, 2020
Trustme2:

Wait for this lockdown to pass. Don't risk it. Police go carry your money build house
very wise decision but boss some movements dey happen wey be say you no go believe oooooooo but all in all na God dey cover us.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:42pm On May 24, 2020
Kufie:
I don't charge anything less than 65k for deliveries. Currently not accepting jobs this period because of the ban. Be careful who you give your car to because in a bid to bypass security operatives at borders, some damage might be done. If you can wait, please wait. Good luck
kufie the man i sight you boss some pple think its child play they dont know what pple go thru but God has been faithful sha.

11 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by annford: 3:43pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:

I bought a vehicle January 31st this year. The seller gave me someone who drove it from Lagos to Abuja with me in the car. I paid the guy 50k. Usually, when you buy a vehicle, the seller(s) could offer to drive it to your destination.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Kufie(m): 3:44pm On May 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k

Are you joking? Let me give you a breakdown.

2014 Toyota Corolla
Petrol: 12K (145/L Era)
Police & Customs: 15k (or less if you're lucky)
Transport back: Relative. Night buses can take as low as 2.5k (standing) and as high as 5.5k if you want to travel comfortably through the night.
Workmanship: 30k (Refreshments inclusive)
**Note that sometimes a driver needs to pay for his accommodation if he can't move through the night. Before you devalue people and the services they offer, put yourself in their shoes.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:47pm On May 24, 2020
9jaHustler:

Oga mi 60k is still kind of fair but 4get the mopol of a thing they settle also but not like me that is a bloody civilian i witnessed one along ishua that's heading towards okene we were stopped i was in front they collected 500 from us each instead of the previous 200 they collected a mopol driving rx330 wanted to pass they stopped him and asked him to drop that shey na your papa put us here i think he gave them 200 though i didn't see the money but i saw him give the OC at that point something from hand to hand when we were still persuading them to collect 500 that boys go still settle for front.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:49pm On May 24, 2020
obisite:

This is a sweet deal, highest 6 hrs deal..,, Benin wey no far grin grin
abi now i go just move sharperly b4 he change mind boys gats chop oooooooo boss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buy Neat And Cheaper Cars At Lome, Togo - Call +22891222400 / 2020 Model Peugeot 508 Brand New Fully Loaded For Men. / I Am A Custom Clearing Agent Need My Services Call Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.