Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,848 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (52786 Views)

Order Cars from Lagos at the Exact Cost!|Nationwide Delivery / I Need Uber/taxify Driver To Drive My 2011 Toyota Camry / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by ahiboilandgas: 9:19am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:
I have a tokumbo can in Lagos that I want to bring to Abuja. What is the going rate to have someone drive it from Lagos to Abuja?

Are there any conditions usually given?

Any thing that I need to know please.
rate is 50k Lagos to kaduna..use that....minimu abj is 40k

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by TONYE001(m): 9:20am On May 25, 2020
When I got my car, I paid about N30, 000 but from Lagos to Port Harcourt (an equivalent distance)... Though this was around 2011..
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah if he's someone he doesn't know, it's small. If it's someone he knows, it's ok

Even if he knows the person...... Not Lagos - Ibadan o .....

10K me, add another 90K ..... shocked

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by mechanics(m): 9:22am On May 25, 2020
₦25,000.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by OKTolu: 9:22am On May 25, 2020
I'll advice you wait till lockdown is over to avoid police palaver but if it's a matter of urgency, you can take the risk ,if not police go take you shine.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by dotedote: 9:22am On May 25, 2020
It's better you listen to those telling you to treat the driver well as those telling you to give him 10k won't be there to save you when the driver begins to give you situation reports that'll give you a heart attack.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by sylve11: 9:23am On May 25, 2020
ozoneymcm:

10k is too small. Every other thing is a must to consider

lol

Can you do it for 10k? sad cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by laplace19(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:
I have a tokumbo can in Lagos that I want to bring to Abuja. What is the going rate to have someone drive it from Lagos to Abuja?

I paid 70k from Lagos to umuahia last week Tuesday. Though I used a military friend and he delivered well. He even slept in Asaba close to Niger bridge because it was blocked that Tuesday....He got to umuahia on Wednesday by 12 noon after they opened the bridge in the morning. I was so happy that I added extra 5k on his way back to Lagos that same day.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Osobi32(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:

50-60k
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:25am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:
First is it a person you know or trust? Does the car have a tracker? Do you know the condition of the car before it leaves Lagos? Does he have a valid driver's license? Would you have him sign an undertaking before d deal? 60k is enough
Why u change an to 60k? You think such travel na chewing gum ba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by CORRECTMAN78(m): 9:25am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah if he's someone he doesn't know, it's small. If it's someone he knows, it's ok

10k is enough for somebody to risk his life from lagos to abj? Guy, fear God nah!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by greggng: 9:25am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:

If is after lockdown it will be cheaper but right now it will be expensive ...whatsap me for further discussion ....I have 2 drivers that does this. 08062593234
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by BigTableShaker(f): 9:25am On May 25, 2020
obisite:

Put yourself in the drivers shoe.. Even if he knows the person..,, trans back to lagos is how much, what will be left with him after transporting himself back to lagos, except if he will give him trans to lagos back., every other exps on his way.. Then extra 10k - 15k for work done.. Which still little to me

30k - 40k isn't too much (Inclusive of police share on his way to abj)

If the owner is to go pick the car, and get back.. Check out his expenses, time spent and stress driving back to Abj...
It reminds me when I bought my car in Lag and was looking for someone to drive it to Kogi state.
The first Guy say 70k.
second guy 60k
I later got someone willing to do it for 50k but all I had was 30k and nobody wants that job
Thank goodness im working with Dangote Transport and I've got a bunch of good friends in the company, I just gave him a call and he entered the next avail night bus to Lag and we rolled back to Kogi with my car next day.
I paid him in ice cold Beers and exclusiveBBQ catfish nightout.

So, OP it's either you pay 50-70k for someone to do it or if you're lucky like me, get a friend to do it for free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by princeogbeide1(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
That's 30k. So negotiate for 30-35k when u call him. Highest he'll end it at 40k

Rubbish
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
CORRECTMAN78:

10k is enough for somebody to risk his life from lagos to abj? Guy, fear God nah!
Are u minding the stingy man?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by ksmart027(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
i am in the shoe with op, looking for someone to transport a car from lagos to ph, the car is registered not tokunbo. My budget is 40k.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Tartie(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:

40k is enof
20k for fuel
20k for his job.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by adecz: 9:26am On May 25, 2020
The rate is 35 to 50k..

The usual practice is that, out of
the amount finally agreed on, he will
fuel the car & it will also cover his
transport costs back to Lagos.

Everything depends on bargaining, but
that is the range..

Make sure he is a seasoned driver.

We go wash am ohh! cool cool grin

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by emilas1979(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2020
I paid 35k from Anambra to Abuja, I did all the police and joint taskforce settlement, over 20k.., cos I am also on board.[ I fueled my car too. So do plus and minus

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:28am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:

Give him 30k , (tfare to transport him back to Lagos included) he'll happily collect it. It's what I've done before.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Dumfrank(m): 9:28am On May 25, 2020
Lol@10k... Last time I used such service was Lagos to Imo @25k plus abeg. You also pay for fueling.

ozoneymcm:

10k is too small. Every other thing is a must to consider

Also made provision for sorting, 10k

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Nobody: 9:28am On May 25, 2020
ifnyioj22:
na wa for you! 10k from lag to Abj?? Is that for feeding alone? I payed 80k from lag to uyo, he settled his way to uyo..... 10k ke! Tell him not to pay at all!
I taya.. some people just love to use others for free. He should drive it himself

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Karlifate: 9:28am On May 25, 2020
9jahustler:
bishopjoe02:

You are just running your mouth on things you no nothing about,
Fuel is between 8k to 10k if it is an old model car, but any new model car or Jeep/v8 fuel is like 15k to 17k

Each police check point he is suppose to pay between 200 to 500 for ordinary citizen, whether your paper is complete nor not, but since he is a police officer he wouldn't pay this

Custom check point is between 1000 or 2000 depending on the year of the car, he will pay this custom nor send police

Soldier check point is 200 to 500 depending on your negotiation skill, he will also pay this, even though he is a police officer

Police check point from Lagos to abj is between 20 to 30, soldier should b up to six and custom 10 or more.

There will be feeding and transport back to Lagos.

Experience person will charge you between 70k to 100k

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by here: 9:28am On May 25, 2020
It’s 50-60k normally and he fuels the car
The upper limit if it’s a v6. Sometimes you need to realize if you agree on their rates it saves you the chance of them using your car to transport passengers. And pls ensure it’s serviced before leaving Lagos and find out if he moves alone because there are these guys who move in group it’s safer and they don’t leave any spoilt car behind. Hope it had papers complete as if it doesn’t you know even his police uniform will not help when he meets certain custom. How come this wasn’t concluded before the car got to Lagos?
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Sotland: 9:29am On May 25, 2020
With your reasoning and what you've said so far.. You must be a big clown... Make it simple for the guy and do the job.. That's if you even know how to drive.. Gush! Some people reasoning ehn! O ma se oo!!

Oluromantic:

What's funny. At the present rate of fuel N123.5, 8k fuel is enough for a Toyota.

I drive a Peugeot 206. When petrol was N145, 8k fuel fills its tank from empty to full and it goes to akure from Lagos and back

Maybe your car transmission is faulty hence increasing fuel consumption and you're now thinking that's the normal thing

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by yusufu16: 9:29am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
That's 30k. So negotiate for 30-35k when u call him. Highest he'll end it at 40k

Don't forget also, the driver will must likely carry passengers on the road (4 passengers x N4k = N16k into his pocket)
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by hahn(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:

10k from Abuja to Lagos because you know am.

Na real person wey know person dey kill person you be

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Karlifate: 9:30am On May 25, 2020
OKTolu:
I'll advice you wait till lockdown is over to avoid police palaver but if it's a matter of urgency, you can take the risk ,if not police go take you shine.
The intending driver is a MOPOL.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Biafranguy1(m): 9:30am On May 25, 2020
On a normal ground is #40 to #50k, but now bro budget it #60 to #70k or #70 to #80k. In case you need driver i have someone to deliver it to you. Call my number. 07084939971 or 08114616260.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by hahn(m): 9:30am On May 25, 2020
ifnyioj22:
na wa for you! 10k from lag to Abj?? Is that for feeding alone? I payed 80k from lag to uyo, he settled his way to uyo..... 10k ke! Tell him not to pay at all!

Na slave Dem dey find
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by lakkyflow(m): 9:30am On May 25, 2020
How can u give the person 10k. As at 5 years back I collected 20k.. be ready to spend up to 40k , you will as well give a full Tank..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buy Neat And Cheaper Cars At Lome, Togo - Call +22891222400 / 2020 Model Peugeot 508 Brand New Fully Loaded For Men. / I Am A Custom Clearing Agent Need My Services Call Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.