Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,816 members, 7,806,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? - Career (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (59511 Views)

Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? / Are You Jobless? Earn, Learn & Have Fun With Wordstar Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by luvme0702: 10:43am On Jun 13, 2020
Mine is the opposite. I worked for over 13yrs and got sacked. So I'm presently jobless and at home. Been trying my hands in various stuffs. Network marketing chop my money tire. I'm trying to go into farm produce now. It is well. I am still looking for a job by the side too.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by shagamite: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2020
GentRoyal:

You're right, man.
I remember my service year in Abakaliki, Ebonyi.
I rented a room apartment for less than ₦50k.
The highest I paid for electricity bill was ₦250 per month.
Lagos is just too expensive...
Guy
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 13, 2020
shagamite:

Guy u dey here lol ,audible friend, GTC ppa abklki, mcan pro2 lol. CDS presido. I sabi u wella
This guy don kill me patapata
But I didn't serve at GTC
grin grin
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by shagamite: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
GentRoyal:

This guy don kill me patapata
But I didn't serve at GTC
grin grin
lol
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
shagamite:

lol u live around stadium side na, u and ur glasses, Ridwan hafa now
You know me for real life, still know be for NL.
Small world, it is.
----------------

But I didn't serve at GTC grin
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by shagamite: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
GentRoyal:

You know me for real life, still know be for NL.
Small world, it is.
----------------

But I didn't serve at GTC grin
lol
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by LexPrescott(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
Dayoebe:
Finished secondary education at 16, I enrolled myself in computer stuff for 9months.
I engaged as a typist, secretary, Computer teacher and other menial jobs for 4 years till I gained admission.

I was planning to sustain this business in school till the devil took over. Am hoping God will restore those glorious day where I don't beg or depend on anyone for money.
Computer programming is the next call of duty

I have the exact same life course but in a different age Sha. I just graduated and is yet to go for NYSC Sha. I studied computer science and I'm learning web development. I'm already very proficient in Java. I hope to use that one year at NYSC to brush up my software skills and work on a few projects so I'll be up and running by end of service. Hopefully I'll get posted to a state where I can make savings (say Anambra). That way I can have something to stand on after service until I get my footing, coz I don't want to go back home to my parents, I'm an only child. I gats make am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Kayceenaz(m): 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
paulolee:

av been praying naa...u said i pray to him directly asif am praying through watsap and phone calls..i don fast and fire all night prayer tire....watin they end am be say...ur time go still come and i no wan enter street based on laptop tinz..e get Y
In addition, make efforts to quit any sinful actions you take that displease Him. Ask God for the grace to overcome the temptations. God never fails!
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by mozele(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
I am a Tax Accountant and Lawyer. I didn't have to wait for long to get job after school.

how is this even possible??
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Eofclub: 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
teepha:

When did you finish school/nysc?
Im still in school
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by information1: 7:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
XploraBen:

Though I don't really get your question but you can chat me up via WhatsApp on 08188908226.
ok
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by DeejayTeeno(m): 1:13am On Jun 14, 2020
Makavelli25:
Okies
Make proper research
Read and study well

And bro make sure you pray

Pm me lets connect

Pm on here is deaaaaa*d
cry

WhatsApp works better.
cool
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by jeriwap(m): 2:37am On Jun 14, 2020
obayendo1010:
Haha
My own easy die from skool I enter street from street I done rush 2 building now rent I dey enjoy now back to back all thanks to God and bitcoin....

Brother man help a friend!
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by jeriwap(m): 2:54am On Jun 14, 2020
Exmilitant:
2003-2005 I WAS RECIEVING 30K MONTHLY FROM NDDC. 2006-2008 45K MONTHLY NDDC. 2009 AMNESTY SOUTH AFRICA, DUBAI, ISRAEL. WAS PAID 1.5MILLION. 2010 MOBILE OFFSHORE 350K MONTHLY. 2011 TO DATE PRIVATE BUSINESS THAT RAKES IN MILLION. I AM HIGHLY FAVOURED.

Boss man I'm happy for you!!! Tap from your blessings.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by walkwithgod(m): 6:27am On Jun 14, 2020
dantrillion:
Okay; Many interesting stories..
Here is my case; i graduated from University & finished my NYSC in 2012. Ever since then i have been Jobless & Nigeria labour Market can be so frustrating if you don't have anyone to link you up. Fast forward to 2017, i went into Mobile Softwares & Hardwares repairs, got my training in 1year with additional 6months to back up my skills & perfection.. In 2019 i got my own Phone Repairs shop & selling of its Accessories. Honestly, there is money in phone business & i do go bck with nothing less than 10k every single day then multiply it with 30days in a month. Local man making money more than sum white collar jobs.

All thanks to God, never doubt ur ability in life & u wll make it...Just keep pushing.

where did you learn all of this ?

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by SimeonOTC(m): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2020
LexPrescott:

I have the exact same life course but in a different age Sha. I just graduated and is yet to go for NYSC Sha. I studied computer science and I'm learning web development. I'm already very proficient in Java. I hope to use that one year at NYSC to brush up my software skills and work on a few projects so I'll be up and running by end of service. Hopefully I'll get posted to a state where I can make savings (say Anambra). That way I can have something to stand on after service until I get my footing, coz I don't want to go back home to my parents, I'm an only child. I gats make am.

same over here bro.

recently graduated, studied computer science and currently serving at anambra, b4 coronal virus came n chase use out.
am currently learning web development too,done with html,css and javascript and currently learning php and mysql plus graphic design too.

i too dnt intend going back to my parent after service..i dnt even see myself doing that.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Samylekey(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
SimeonOTC:

same over here bro.

recently graduated, studied computer science and currently serving at anambra, b4 coronal virus came n chase use out.
am currently learning web development too,done with html,css and javascript and currently learning php and mysql plus graphic design too.

i too dnt intend going back to my parent after service..i dnt even see myself doing that.

Can I send you a message? I want to learn Wed development too - I need your help.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by remi1444: 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
Elliot2:
Life has not been really fair sha! I graduated since 2016 and yet to work. I am in constant depression as a result of my life issues. My 'near success syndrom' experiences leave me in pain. Imagine it! I studied a course i really didn't like in the pursuit for law degree so that i could help my maternal family fight a land case that involves crude oil and gas. I equally had the chance to travel and school in Australia, but my naivity made me jettison it. I have had a good job opportunity but missed out due to a spoilt phone( couldn't get the info on time). Late last year, i wanted to go for millitary direct short service but i considered my health issues and let it go even with connect. I am just hoping on the supreme court to do justice with our land case. Immagine the pain seeing others enjoying the oil money that comes from the soil you once owned and toiled on! Also,my friend and i have started sending some nice proposals to our state's ministries and oil companies under our newly founded company's name, hoping on one good response.
I commented on a thread you open regarding this Land dispute in the past. Honestly, I was thinking this particular Land litigation has been put to rest and the case settled. May the facts before the Apex court be in your favour.

Can I DM you?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by SimeonOTC(m): 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
Samylekey:

Can I send you a message? I want to learn Wed development too - I need your help.

sent
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Samylekey(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
SimeonOTC:

sent
Seen bro
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by IncredibleWrite: 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
laoludavid:
I've never experienced this kind of life in my life time.
Finished NYSC last year October, ever since then life has been terrible. Applied for jobs but wasn't selected, tried business (I redeem gift cards and buying bitcoins) but didn't last, no customers(the few ones I had left without any concrete reason), have a debt of 100k plus to settle. The only company that manage to consider me employed me with o level.(HND holder and I have NCE )
You can imagine that (the disrespect is best imagined).
Just tired of everything.

Sorry about your experience bro. I've been there and I feel your pains. If you are serious, I could teach you Copywriting for a token. And if you are wondering if it is lucrative, just know that every business needs writers. All you need is a laptop and/or phone. And it's a learnable skill. I would teach you everything you need to know.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Elliot2(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
remi1444:
I commented on a thread you open regarding this Land dispute in the past. Honestly, I was thinking this particular Land litigation has been put to rest and the case settled. May the facts before the Apex court be in your favour.

Can I DM you?
Amen, thank you! But honestly I am not optimistic any longer. The kind of power and money our opponents have acquired is too much to contend with just mere facts. We have the facts, they have the political power. They are telling it our faces they have already won. Imagine till today they are yet to put any file claiming they own the said land. This is exactly what they did at the appeals yet they won. A certain prof is behind our pains. We are suffering! The said land Shell is exploring is ours.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by IncredibleWrite: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Antai123:
This is one of the best headlines I have ever come across in nairaland.
I finished my school at the age 23 served 23/24 and after my service last year,
I have been searching for a job. I made 2:1, but staying idle is beginning to make me forget what I studied in school, so I advice myself and I got some materials related to my field in other to keep my memory fresh, cos it will be very embarrassing if I go for interview and I fail to answer a simple question all because of staying long without being engaged. (God forbids!).
so far I thank God so much because despite being jobless for now, I have not been depressed. My next step is to storm schools in Abuja, immediately schools resume, cos the son of man must start something.
And I know my God won't fail,
Let me use this medium to encourage everyone out there, who is jobless to believe in God, because he that created you knows your future betterthan u,
and please while u are staying at home try to spend time with God, and learn more about life, Make plans concerning your life. Above all make the most out of this time, cos when work comes u may not see this time again.
God bless us all!.
Have you considered Copywriting as a career or even side hustle? You have impeccable Grammer. You would do well. If you are interested in learning, I could teach you for a token with free ebooks.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by IncredibleWrite: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmaphy22:
My own case is nothing to write home about.
I'm in my late twenties and this month will make it exactly one year that I completed my youth service. To cut the long story short, I've been sitting down at home for close to a year now doing nothing. I'm still roaming around the streets of abuja submitting CV but no positive response. I've search for menial jobs non is forth coming. I intend starting a business but no capital, learning a skill from anywhere now involves you to pay money for apprenticeship. The worst of it all is that my family members don't even care weather I'm still alive or dead. I'm scouting with someone right down and I'm sure the person will be tired of me soon. Suicide thoughts is just coming to my mind every time. I'm willing to start small but that small self no won gree start o. I'm fed up with life.
I feel bad reading stories like this. I emphasize with you because I've been there. However, you don't need to give up.

Copywriting is one skill you can learn and start without making much investment. Every business needs writers. So if you follow the steps I would teach you, you would Excell. All you need is a phone and/laptop. I would also give you some free ebooks. You must be open to learn...would teach you for a token cos of your situation. If you are interested, chat me up with the number on my signature
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by IncredibleWrite: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
petitejolie:
before then I had put in money to a kinda network biz and that one too went like that and I felt mayb cos I was dealing with a young guy and u know most young guys and girls like me are not trust worthy although I believe I’m an exception. So this time around I tot okay this biz is not the networking biz and this man is such an advanced man and wouldn’t want to fall his hand for a small girl like me. I mean I’m in my 20s and dis man is close to his 50s and he has seen millions so he’s likely not to get carried away with my hundred of thousands Atleast that’s wat I tot. And den just for d first supply he messed everything up and didn’t even return Atleast half of d money. So that has made me scared. First I’m scared cos both the young and old are the same thing and den I’m scared cos I feel well mayb I’m not meant to do bizness.
You are not alone. Genuine people like us still exist...is just that the scammers far outweigh the genuine ones. I empathize with you, the stupid man and his ilks would meet their Waterloo someday. I pray God heal you. Have you tried acquiring a skill?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by IncredibleWrite: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
emmaphy22:

people will always tell you to start small and stop thinking of that dream job. But you need something to start small. I'm willing to start small even if is starting with a security job or cleaner, at last last them go tell you say you no get experience for the job. its really frustrating man.
Must you look for a job? Why not start by learning a skill? That is what people actually mean by starting small
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by IncredibleWrite: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
paulolee:

show me the way na..wan learn confirm skills...skills get diff types and naijabet forcasting self na skills....wich do u think i learn??
chat me up with the number on my signature
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Frenchkiss564: 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
Britishcoins:
Let me talk my own, I started apprenticeship immediately after jss3, my uncle owns electronic and boutique business then, so those 10 years was like a wasted year because I was settled with peanut #50k which was not even enough to pay for agent fees for good business location, but God so kind, I have a lot of experience on Mobile gadget, during the era of ponzi scheme I made almost 600k and did not disclose it to anyone, that money later saved my life.
Today I have a boutique that gave me atleast 180k monthly profit.... Although this is just a year old.
My plan is to venture into mobile accessories... And I believe God will do it..
Poverty is a disease...
If you want to succeed in life, as a youth run from fornication, I get favors many times because I have never break my virginity...
May God bless all our hard working youths

Can you please expatiate on the bolded
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by paulolee(m): 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
IncredibleWrite:
chat me up with the number on my signature
cnt see any....jus post it here n i add u na...plss
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by LexPrescott(m): 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
SimeonOTC:

same over here bro.

That's great, bro.
On that note sha, how much is the state allowee?
How do you rate your ppa in terms of light, security, cost of living etc?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by SimeonOTC(m): 2:50am On Jun 15, 2020
LexPrescott:

That's great, bro.
On that note sha, how much is the state allowee?
How do you rate your ppa in terms of light, security, cost of living etc?

lol...we haven't receive state allowance.
we were in camp wen coronal virus came into the country and we were 'prematurely' discharge..lol..
i got ma ppa but don't spend up to an hour with them, just quickly wrote a 2weeks leave letter to them so i wont be trap down by the interstate lockdown..from a quick glance ,guess its going to be a nice place.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by officialfestus(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2020
Goddys:
My intent as the sport season is resuming is to invest 100k into sport betting.

I will divide the 100k into 10 places and stake odd of 0.1 daily which will give me 1k profit per stake.

With 100k, I will be making 10k profit daily. The chance of 0.1 odd losing is extremely low
clap for yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Top 7 Skills You Should Acquire In 2020 / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked / Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.