Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (59543 Views)

Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start? / Are You Jobless? Earn, Learn & Have Fun With Wordstar Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Millennialaku(m): 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
Goddys:
My intent as the sport season is resuming is to invest 100k into sport betting.

I will divide the 100k into 10 places and stake odd of 0.1 daily which will give me 1k profit per stake.

With 100k, I will be making 10k profit daily. The chance of 0.1 odd losing is extremely low

there's no assurance that an odd as low as 0.1 will play, talking from experience. lipsrsealed sad sad

200l.....after lectures nah straight to bet naija shop grin grin cry cry . they broke my heart when they collected my last 500 naira, it was hunger that brought me back to my senses cry cry cry

in summary nothing like sure game

learn a digital skill, dont throw that your 100k away please

13 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by AIT1(m): 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
XploraBen:
It's not been easy I must say but I'm trusting God for breakthrough in the coming days... Though I'm still a student.

By the way, contact me to undertake your writing job. I'm an experienced content writer, creative writer, and copywriter.

How much do you charge for writing?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Proffesy: 11:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
yinkbell:

why can't you sign up with paxful.com?
Do their verification and raise your bitcoin biz back

Can you tell me more about crypto trading on paxful
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Generalsamm(m): 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
petitejolie:
before then I had put in money to a kinda network biz and that one too went like that and I felt mayb cos I was dealing with a young guy and u know most young guys and girls like me are not trust worthy although I believe I’m an exception. So this time around I tot okay this biz is not the networking biz and this man is such an advanced man and wouldn’t want to fall his hand for a small girl like me. I mean I’m in my 20s and dis man is close to his 50s and he has seen millions so he’s likely not to get carried away with my hundred of thousands Atleast that’s wat I tot. And den just for d first supply he messed everything up and didn’t even return Atleast half of d money. So that has made me scared. First I’m scared cos both the young and old are the same thing and den I’m scared cos I feel well mayb I’m not meant to do bizness.
Heeya!
You've been through alot sha....Am sorry about all uve been through in the hands of heartless people...And to be sincere, Am proud of you, coz u are learning....Never let that make u think you are not meant to do business....How about that the only truth of the matter is that you are not meant to businesses you cant execute all by yourself...coz thats the only truth i can see right now...
Its not bad to have mentors or people guiding you...but never trust people to that extent...its not safe. in ur future endeavors, do well to make sure u KNOW ALL there is to know about what you are wantu do. its better to ask the questions....Go on the field trips to see things yourself and make your own enquiries..rather than trusting people with ur hard earned savings..Advice is the only thing that is given freely, so the author of a notable book said...Pele...God will strengthen you..Stand up again, and be determined to birth it through this time...You are going places.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Kmoney4money: 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
I have been jobless for over 2years now.....it's like living in hell, waking up with empty pocket, depression is killing me already, still hunting for job and sometimes I feel like giving up.

5 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Generalsamm(m): 12:03am On Jun 12, 2020
petitejolie:
I didn’t even get any penny. I didn’t want that . Someone even said I should go to his wife cos she works with first bank in that area. I even wanted to get my friends in d social media space involved to drag his name on social media and troll him but mehnnnn that’s too much drama Nd I don’t like dramas . I do my best to avoid dramas. Now I know why some people go as far as killing someone who derailed in bizness. But Godforbid that I do it. It’s over one year and I’ve let it go but now I’m scared of going into any bizness at all. I feel like I won’t do well or I might b swindled.
Dont be scared.
Take those 'baby steps'. Bit by bit, your confidence and vigour will return.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Mykel51(m): 12:16am On Jun 12, 2020
Benitam:
Amen.. I so much need this kind of prayer right now. To worsen everything for me, I'm 30 and living with a relative cry

If you are working, consider moving out to start your own life, you are not getting younger..

6 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by ehix89(m): 12:17am On Jun 12, 2020
Goddys:
My intent as the sport season is resuming is to invest 100k into sport betting.

I will divide the 100k into 10 places and stake odd of 0.1 daily which will give me 1k profit per stake.

With 100k, I will be making 10k profit daily. The chance of 0.1 odd losing is extremely low
trust me, this is no good decision

5 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Mykel51(m): 12:17am On Jun 12, 2020
Futurejoy:
I finished secondary school at 16 and I started teaching in a primary school and I was paid 7k monthly till I was 17 years old and I got admission to do a 5 years course. During the strike in 2013, I went back to teaching in that primary school in the day time and one adult school in the evening (I was paid N150/lecture hour). In my 300l , I used the money I saved up to buy a printer and I started doing student registration and payment of school fees in my hostel....business failed but I am thankful for the experience.
After my university defense, I applied and got a teaching job in a secondary school and I did incredibly well, I taught there till I went for NYSC in 2018 . During my NYSC , I learnt how to sew clothes and after that I returned to my family house in November last year and I have been at home sewing while applying for jobs.
I want to own a standard private school ,a standard fashion school as well as go into real estate . I have big dreams and I know I will make it soon.

By GOD'S GRACE, you will make it. You are a very hard-working lady.

I wish you success. Also publicize your sewn fabrics on Nairaland, you never know who is watching...
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Mykel51(m): 12:21am On Jun 12, 2020
azadus18:
hmmm...i waz lucky..cuz d kind of sch i go..we are drafted for work automatically after convocation...

What school is that if I may ask ?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by SmartPolician: 12:36am On Jun 12, 2020
Exmilitant:
2003-2005 I WAS RECIEVING 30K MONTHLY FROM NDDC. 2006-2008 45K MONTHLY NDDC. 2009 AMNESTY SOUTH AFRICA, DUBAI, ISRAEL. WAS PAID 1.5MILLION. 2010 MOBILE OFFSHORE 350K MONTHLY. 2011 TO DATE PRIVATE BUSINESS THAT RAKES IN MILLION. I AM HIGHLY FAVOURED.

What's the business?
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by medolab90(m): 12:38am On Jun 12, 2020
E good make person dey gain insight small small no be everything be Romance.Pushing through hopes everything would be good one day.

But sincerely this country na hell.wish somethings could be changed.

E go be keep on pushing guys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by elektra(f): 12:39am On Jun 12, 2020
smeag0l:
That jobless period was a fantastic opportunity for you to plan for life after NYSC. I served in a village school in one of the states in the southwest and i had to be going twice a week. I begged the principal cos the place was really far from where I stay and they were not paying. The remaining three week days including weekends was used to chart my future course. You can never gave the free time you had during nysc again. At that time, I planned for either a job in nigeria or a research assistantship in US. I got about 3 or 4 job offers in great companies two months after the end of my nysc and I resumed with one of the coys and worked their while still pursuing a PhD admission in the US. After working for about a year, I got the PhD offer but declined it cos I also got my dream job here in naija although in a different region from the south west. Never been jobless in my entire life. I must always be occupied with something

Where did I mention that I did not plan my life?

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 12, 2020
am 19 and waiting for uni admission
am currently kind of jobless cos i just started working for a bureau de change dat wont resume until international flight resume
pls am with the laptop for sending report and no money only some data
any advice for me

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Ade3131: 12:59am On Jun 12, 2020
petitejolie:
before then I had put in money to a kinda network biz and that one too went like that and I felt mayb cos I was dealing with a young guy and u know most young guys and girls like me are not trust worthy although I believe I’m an exception. So this time around I tot okay this biz is not the networking biz and this man is such an advanced man and wouldn’t want to fall his hand for a small girl like me. I mean I’m in my 20s and dis man is close to his 50s and he has seen millions so he’s likely not to get carried away with my hundred of thousands Atleast that’s wat I tot. And den just for d first supply he messed everything up and didn’t even return Atleast half of d money. So that has made me scared. First I’m scared cos both the young and old are the same thing and den I’m scared cos I feel well mayb I’m not meant to do bizness.

My dear, I read your first comment and the one I quoted, and what I make of it is that you have not come to terms with the real nature of human. Human being are naturally designed to fail and that's why we have laws here and there to cut short some of our excesses. Even God gave Moses the 10 commandments.

The cardinal rules for partnership is lengthy but one summary I have for it is that, watch the market you're being lured into before you end up as the stock in trade. Irrespective of age, gender or race, everybody is naturally conditioned to seize 'opportunity' and the meaning/interpretation of that word differs based on so many factors.

The crux here is that that experience should leave a positive mark on you and not what I'm perceiving now. It should teach you how to do it differently if presented with another chance (most probably with another person). Who says you can't champion the business on your own. Who says you can't write the proposals to those big companies that uses all the produce you listed as raw materials and strike a deal that will make the man become one of your errands or personal aides?

Just make lemonade from the shit life throws at you and trust me, it will look like it's all staged to happen like that in your favour.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Ade3131: 1:03am On Jun 12, 2020
marvelphysics:
am 19 and waiting for uni admission
am currently kind of jobless cos i just started working for a bureau de change dat wont resume until international flight resume
pls am with the laptop for sending report and no money only some data
any advice for me

Pls go and learn programming. If you have the guts, don't disturb yourself about admission if you're really focused. A year or so into your programming class, save some money and write their professional exam or certifications.

Provided you're good at it and have some of those certifications, you'll get good jobs better than those that went for BSc or HND.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by raphemmanuel(m): 1:08am On Jun 12, 2020
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Missyajoke(f): 1:10am On Jun 12, 2020
I pray I'll get a job once am done. I claim it in Christ name. Amen

8 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by JBoss25(m): 1:36am On Jun 12, 2020
Favoritedealer:
Make I no lie na Yahoo i do,finished UNI at 23,I stayed home for a year and looked for job everywhere I didn't see shit,got a phone and a laptop then started bombing, I made my first million at 24.
7 years later now I'm a legit business owner if you can call it a business sha, I have 9 taxis and I employ young men to drive them and they deliver to me weekly .I guess I'm still jobless cos I don't do anything all day.i just wait till weekend and collect my due
lol bad guy
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by JBoss25(m): 1:41am On Jun 12, 2020
Britishcoins:
Let me talk my own, I started apprenticeship immediately after jss3, my uncle owns electronic and boutique business then, so those 10 years was like a wasted year because I was settled with peanut #50k which was not even enough to pay for agent fees for good business location, but God so kind, I have a lot of experience on Mobile gadget, during the era of ponzi scheme I made almost 600k and did not disclose it to anyone, that money later saved my life.
Today I have a boutique that gave me atleast 180k monthly profit.... Although this is just a year old.
My plan is to venture into mobile accessories... And I believe God will do it..
Poverty is a disease...
If you want to succeed in life, as a youth run from fornication, I get favors many times because I have never break my virginity...
May God bless all our hard working youths
180k monthly wtf?

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by adicious(m): 1:47am On Jun 12, 2020
I decided to jump on this one...
Life before getting a job was crazy. I finished NYSC June 2013 and moved to Lagos (I served in Kwara and based in the east before service). I kept looking for a job in Lagos till the end of 2013. I used all my savings on transport and I wasn't successful in getting something to do. I actually failed most of the job tests I wrote even though I prepared very well. This was not funny for me because I was actually good in my university days, I graduated best in my class.
Accommodation was a very serious issue for me. I kept moving round family friend's houses in Lagos till I visited my uncle's house who was so nice and I was comfortable staying with. I won't stress what I went through other places I stayed.
I stayed in Lagos till December 2014. I traveled to the east for Christmas and never went back to Lagos. I still didn't do anything throughout 2015. I went for interviews too but by then I've given up on job search. I had to pick form for MSc since school was actually a thing I was good at. I got there, became a course Rep and helped the working class in my group to fix assignments and other errands, I got money for my services and I met some nice people too. With that I was able to get busy and pay my fees too. I took the MSc like a job till I was able to secure a job as a lecturer in another University.
I skipped a lot of details but it took 4 years and 6 months before I got my first job. I won't say I've made it yet but life is good now. Life in Lagos was the craziest for me but I learnt a lot of lessons about life which guide my daily living till date.
I believe everyone will make it... Let's keep struggling, Nigeria has failed us but we won't fail our family.
Thanks.

20 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 12, 2020
Ade3131:

Pls go and learn programming. If you have the guts, don't disturb yourself about admission if you're really focused. A year or so into your programming class, save some money and write their professional exam or certifications.
which program course do u suggest i start with cos am interested in any thing computer especially software, ai, robotics and all
and any websites, programs and all do u also suggest
can some get lyk really good work here in 9ja wit no uni only programming certificate
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Vulcan24(m): 2:12am On Jun 12, 2020
Benitam:
Amen.. I so much need this kind of prayer right now. To worsen everything for me, I'm 30 and living with a relative cry

a woman believed and exercise her faith by touching the Hem of the garment

by the power of faith and the power that opens up the heavens to rain in the days of Elijah

I call on heaven and sane God that never fails He is and forever be God, that your faith this evening heals every affliction in your life.

your glory be restored and your years of waste be returned in 10folds in abundance in Jesus name

Amen

read Psalm 70 and lift up your arms to pray.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Uziyl(m): 2:26am On Jun 12, 2020
My story, well I can't just explain. Lots of hardwork and disappointment won't go into full details. I believe it's all God's plan and I will never give up. I'm someone who is academically brilliant. In fact if I was told at a point then that I will be in this current position, I will never believe it..

After I graduated from sec school 2013, 2014 I got admission into a University in Ghana for a four years course.(iT).. things went smoothly as I expected but Towards the start of my 300l second semester, got a call from my dad asking me to come back home that he can't make up for the semester's tuitions fees so I have to defer the semester because of finance. This was the period dollar skyrocketed from N150/$ I think to about N300/$.

So I was asked to collect my transcript, which I did..I then applied for a transfer from my Ghana institution to a federal University here in Nigeria. Everything went smoothly and I had to start from 200L. This time the course is 5 years because it's a technology university. I'm Now in my 500L. Finished my one year internship in an oil and gas company this February 2020, I did very perfectly in the interview I wasn't deployed to the department i applied for(according to the learning adviser of the firm). The HR department of the firm had to keep me with them cuz I have vast knowledge of some many things even as I didn't even study Human resources as a course but did some part of management, finance and accounting in school..

I'm suppose to resume back to school April but couldn't because of the pandemic. I'm currently 24 and still lives with my parents..(so sad) Well.. I used the opportunity to learn two things Forex and Mobile app development..

At first i did Forex for a while. So many hours of reading.. I was making reasonable profit but because of insufficient capital to continue I decided to withdraw n save more for later to when I have reasonable capital. I then opted to learning mobile app development and so far it's been fun for me. though , lots of sleepless nights studying n trying to perfect it. I've progressed a lot. In fact I can take jobs online creating just the mobile UI but I refused to because I might stop learning once I start making money from it. So I put in the hard work everyday. I still make little income from hustling in the street.
Aside the Forex n mobile app dev. I'm also good in anything concerning computers. Whether hardware or software. I'm gifted as most of my friends say. Never learnt from anybody (I hack systems sometimes, educational purposes only) I use tutorials a lot to
learn. Some of my friends do tell me to go into Yahoo that will pay me handsomely but that is never my thing. I just ignore them

After I graduate,
My Plan A: Currently on a first class CGPA and I have the highest in my department. I pray I finish in flying colours. Heard my school do give scholarships to first class graduate and I'm hoping to capitalise on that so as to further my education to that of Masters and Phd and hope God put a smile on my face afterwards

Plan B: is to use my little savings after I graduate as a reasonable capital for my Forex trading and at the same time make Steady income developing mobile apps. I've always don't want to work for anybody. I so much believe in myself n I believe the best investment is investing In yourself..

I know there will be challenges along the line but I pray God sees me through and my dreams of having my own I.T firm comes to past.
I just need someone to remind me every day never to give up cry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Jadmchris(m): 2:38am On Jun 12, 2020
I finished secondary sch at 17 that was 2010 and got admission immediately to do an engineering course which I spent five years in doing in a state university and I graduated 2015. Luckily for me,my friend introduced me to blogging immediately and I sourced a loan from my mum for me to be able to push tru,.luckily for me I started getting good money from it and it lasted for my whole service year and after my service in 2017. I picked my MSC form in a federal university 2017 and resumed studies in 2018 while managing the money coming from my blog to feed myself and take care of other needs and of course ball too. During my msc my sch advertised in 2019 and I applied,luckily for me I got employed by my university in Nov 2019.That's where I m but m still hoping for greater opportunities, I HV not applied for work apart from my university work and have never really stayed ideal. The idea is to keep pushing and taking risk .I have made investment mistakes that I regret but am still young life continues ,at 27 the struggle continues till I m financially very stable .

5 Likes

Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 2:51am On Jun 12, 2020
ifeolamide00:
Am 24 now still jobless but am going for service as soon as schools resume and results get cleared
same here bro. 24 awaiting service, no job no money.
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Sheriman(m): 2:59am On Jun 12, 2020
kalex0:

Incase u plan on using the same phone.

Can VPN do the magic

U should know what I meant
So many Naija Publishers want to die on top Google AdSense Wahaala.. No be only Google AdSense be the Ad network...
Re: How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? by Sheriman(m): 3:00am On Jun 12, 2020
kalex0:

Incase u plan on using the same phone.

Can VPN do the magic

U should know what I meant
So many Naija Publishers want to die on top Google AdSense Wahaala.. No be only Google AdSense be Ad network now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Female EKSU Graduate Does Shoemaking For A Living (pics) / Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Pretty Nigerian Fire Fighter Is Causing A Twitter Meltdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.