Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity (7017 Views)

This Is Why Men Can Never Tolerate Their Wives Cheating On Them. / Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Ask Their Women For Money When They Are Broke?� / 84-Year-Old Kenyan Man Returns Home, Discovers That His 2 Wives Had Remarried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Romangalactic(m): 2:52pm On May 24, 2020
In Nigeria, it is culturally the responsibility of a husband to be responsible for the financial needs of the children & wards under him. In families where wives are the providers there will definitely be no peace if the situation does not change for a long time.

I had an issue which I brought here sometime back regarding my fiancee and her pregnancy. Thank goodness my doctor allayed my fears regarding her fidelity by confirming that it's possible I am the father.
I know for sure that after she gives birth and I find out I am not the father, I will not accept responsibility for a child I did not father because I don't want to raise another man's child with my money. If I felt the need to do such a thing, I will adopt a child. That's my decision.

Now the matter here is, what if it's a man who got another woman pregnant and wants to bring the child into his family? It's my opinion that he has the right to do so because it is his money that will be used to take care of the child. The role of a mother can be performed by anyone if you pay them to do it and people need jobs, but you can't pay someone to financially provide for a child he did not father.

A wife who has a child from a man other than her husband should get child support from the biological father or just go to be with the man who impregnated her. The other option is to cater for the child's financial provision with at least 90% support if she wants her husband to consider accepting it.

I will like to read opinions from other people here

Plead
Ybaby
Mizwisdom
Pdudd
Risenphoenix
Capslocked
Pansophist
Bukatyne
Mstick
Lalasticlala

Edit: Between a husband and wife, who is in a more favourable/advantageous position to raise their lovechild inside or outside the marriage? With reasons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 24, 2020
Personally I can’t advise any male friend of mine to marry a single mom because she’ll want you to be financially responsible for for her kids(this is supposed to be the responsibility of the real father and herself not you).
If she can be financially responsible for the kids by herself then I have no problem with anybody that wants to marry her.....

Off topic sha

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by sisisioge: 3:06pm On May 24, 2020
Here is how the issue gets treated here in naija...

If a married woman cheats and have a child from it...end of marriage. No debate.

If a married man cheats and have a child from it...well, the rational thing to do is to end the marriage but in reality, there could be a debate on what happens next.

It is well fa.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by EngrEgghead: 3:08pm On May 24, 2020
Ego is one of the reasons. Since distrust and unfaithfulness have already set in, this has placed the relationship on a wrong foundation. And you see, man is characterized at looking at a situation on long term basis. Once he sees the long term isn't going to be favourable, he withdraws.
Long term effect could be; akward behavioural tendencies of the child as he/she grows which might be different from the man's behavior.
Another one is sending the child to school with his money and then, another man coming to reap where he has not sown at the long run.
Also the Dad to the child may use the opportunity to visit the house his child lives to see his child, which may not go well with the man of the house as that could spark another relationship between his wife and her ex and we all know, men are quite possessive of their wives. Except both of them reach a consensus as to how they can raise that child, that relationship is definitely going to be a complex one and if this kind of issue is not sorted out quickly, their home is not going to be a blissful one.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Romangalactic(m): 3:10pm On May 24, 2020
sisisioge:
Here is how the issue gets treated here in naija...

If a married woman cheats and have a child from it...end of marriage. No debate.

If a married man cheats and have a child from it...well, the rational thing to do is to end the marriage but in reality, there could be a debate on what happens next.

It is well fa.
Yes you're right, but what is the reason behind it? Dont you think finance has a lot to do with it

1 Like

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Romangalactic(m): 3:11pm On May 24, 2020
EngrEgghead:
It is because men and ego are 5 and 6, among several things.

You have effectively oversimplified something that is a lot more complex

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 24, 2020
Because that child is a disruption to the family tree. A married man that has a child with another woman still gets to maintain his DNA through that child, the child is part of the family tree. It is solely up to the wife to decide whether she wants to be a part of the childs life or not, the man can as well raise the kid with the babymama outside his family. He gets to spend his money on his own child and all that daddy duties.
When a married woman cheats and gets pregnant for another man(if she gets caught), that child is automatically a bastard to the family, a disruption to the family tree. His sisters, brothers, uncles and aunts are not his real relatives.
A married woman that has the courage to get pregnant for another man should use same energy to raise the child with the real family.
Except a man wants to genuinely protect the image of the family, such child should be raised in his real family.
Let's assume same scenario for both cases
...a man gets a woman pregnant outside marriage
...he tells his wife about it and she insist on not being a part of the babys life, neither does she wants the child in their home.
...the man gets back to his babymama and raises the child outside his home.

Let's assume the same scenario for a woman
...she gets pregnant for a man outside her marriage.
...tells her husband about it and he insist on not being a part of the babys life, neither does he want the child in their home.
...the woman gets back to the baby daddy... realistically if this happens, who is in a more favourable situation to raise a love child outside a marriage? A marriage in which the other partner doesnt want to be a part of the baby's life.
OP, you need to ask yourself why it's easier for women to go through paternity fraud rather than coming out clean.
The consequences of a love child of a man and woman will never be the same.

Any man that wants to involve himself with a woman should have DNA test money saved somewhere.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by doitforyou(f): 3:17pm On May 24, 2020
Romangalactic:

Yes you're right, but what is the reason behind it? Dont you think finance has a lot to do with it
Money, money, money.

Let’s get one thing straight first, regardless of what we read and post here on NL, log off, IRL Nigerian women DO contribute financially in their marriages.

Cold cash does NOT raise a child.

If you believe a man shouldn’t raise his wife’s love child then you shouldn’t be okay with a wife raising her husband’s. Your money excuse, is just an excuse for double standards.

No man or woman should be blackmailed into raising a love child if they’re not emotionally prepared to.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by CAPSLOCKED: 3:17pm On May 24, 2020
A PATERNITY TEST WILL EITHER SHOW YOU'VE BEEN MIRACULOUSLY SAVED FROM STERILITY, OR SAVE YOU FROM PATERNITY FRAUD. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 24, 2020
Probably has to do with ego....
Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by bukatyne(f): 3:21pm On May 24, 2020
Infidelity with children is different for men & women.

Husband:
A husband cheats and has a kid. He can decide to run a parallel family or bring the kid home if the marriage currently has no kids, no boys etc. The worst he will do is to bring the child home as 'his brother's child or uncle' s child' that is lie about the relationship. At No POINT is the wife deceived that the child is hers.

Wife:
She cheats and gets pregnant. Except the husband has established he is impotent or did not sleep with her during the window, he will automatically assume her child is his. So the husband invests all resources in a child that is not his right from when she is pregnant.

There is also wear and tear that comes from pregnancy and childbirth. So the husband probably ran out at 2am to get Ghana Jollof + Port Harcourt Boli for a child that is not his; he endured all the discomfort and abstained from sex for months for a child not his; the wife's body changed and he had to work with her through it for a child not his; he kept vigil when the baby was ill; he cheered when the baby took her first walk; when he grew his first tooth.

Paternity fraud is the difference between love children of cheating husbands/ wives.

Cc: Romangalactic

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by EDGEof2MORO: 3:24pm On May 24, 2020
The real question should be,

Why Should Men Accept Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity?

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 24, 2020
EDGEof2MORO:
The real question should be,

Why Should Men Accept Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity?
Nobody should.

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by DontBullshitMe: 3:30pm On May 24, 2020
Imagine waking up to evidence of your wife's infidelity every day of your life. . .

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by CAPSLOCKED: 3:30pm On May 24, 2020
Plead:

Nobody should.

WITH THREADS LIKE THIS, HE'S ABOUT TO MAKE THE COSTLY MISTAKE OF RAISING ANOTHER PERSON'S CHILD.
IT'S A DIFFERENT THING TO ADOPT AND RAISE A CHILD, OR MARRY A SINGLE MOM. BUT CONTINUING A MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIP WITH A CHILD THAT HAS COME THROUGH INFIDELITY IS MADNESS.

5 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Romangalactic(m): 3:32pm On May 24, 2020
doitforyou:

Money money money.

Let’s get one thing straight first, regardless of what we read and post here on NL, log off, IRL Nigerian women DO contribute financially in their marriages.

Cold cash does NOT raise a child.

If you believe a man shouldn’t raise his wife’s love child then you shouldn’t be okay with a wife raising her husband’s. You money excuse, is just an excuse for double standards.

No man or woman should be blackmailed into raising a love child if they’re not emotional prepared to.
No one is arguing if women contribute financially in marriages or not. Like I said, I am very okay with raising a love child if the financial support on that child from the mother will be at least 90%.

Cold cash does not raise a child you say, but it is very important in raising a child whether you like it or not.
I can very well pay anyone working in childcare to raise my lovechild or even pay (child support) the biological mother of the child to do the raising but who will a wife pay to be financially responsible for her lovechild?

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Romangalactic(m): 3:34pm On May 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WITH THREADS LIKE THIS, HE'S ABOUT TO MAKE THE COSTLY MISTAKE OF RAISING ANOTHER PERSON'S CHILD.
IT'S A DIFFERENT THING TO ADOPT AND RAISE A CHILD, OR MARRY A SINGLE MOM. BUT CONTINUING A MARRIAGE OR RELATIONSHIP WITH A CHILD THAT HAS COME THROUGH INFIDELITY IS MADNESS.
I am going to find out if I am the biological father after the child is born. That is the plan

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by doitforyou(f): 3:38pm On May 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Personally, I agree and it should be madness for both the man and the woman.

However, some don’t mind, and that’s also a valid choice for them.

The OP is more about explaining the double standard of people being generally more accepting of a man’s love child than a woman’s (when it’s known it’s a love child).

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by doitforyou(f): 3:41pm On May 24, 2020
Romangalactic:

No one is arguing if women contribute financially in marriages or not. Like I said, I am very okay with raising a love child if the financial support on that child from the mother will be at least 90%.

Cold cash does not raise a child you say, but it is very important in raising a child whether you like it or not.
I can very well pay anyone working in childcare to raise my lovechild or even pay (child support) the biological mother of the child to do the raising but who will a wife pay to be financially responsible for her lovechild?
Lol so how does it work?? You bring in a nanny to only care for your love child while your wife attends to other children, while living under one roof??

Or if you mean paying the mother or a caregiver to take care of your child outside the home you share with your wife, then that’s different. lol then everybody raise their love children outside the home. Weirdos.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 24, 2020
Plead:
Personally I can’t advise any male friend of mine to marry a single mom because she’ll want you to be financially responsible for for her kids(this is supposed to be the responsibility of the real father and herself not you).
If she can be financially responsible for the kids by herself then I have no problem with anybody that wants to marry her.....

Off topic sha

Theres no single mother without an irresponsible father. Maybe you should also preach to your friends to do better.
Especially here in Nigeria where child support is zero, you must think it's easy to solely raise the child of someone that once professed love to you. Constantly looking at that child alone is a reminder of a failed partner.
In addition, some married women are single mothers right under the nose of their husbands.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Romangalactic(m): 3:43pm On May 24, 2020
bukatyne:
Infidelity with children is different for men & women.

Husband:
A husband cheats and has a kid. He can decide to run a parallel family or bring the kid home if the marriage currently has no kids, no boys etc. The worst he will do is to bring the child home as 'his brother's child or uncle' s child' that is lie about the relationship. At No POINT is the wife deceived that the child is hers.

Wife:
She cheats and gets pregnant. Except the husband has established he is impotent or did not sleep with her during the window, he will automatically assume her child is his. So the husband invests all resources in a child that is not his right from when she is pregnant.

There is also wear and tear that comes from pregnancy and childbirth. So the husband probably ran out at 2am to get Ghana Jollof + Port Harcourt Boli for a child that is not his; he endured all the discomfort and abstained from sex for months for a child not his; the wife's body changed and he had to work with her through it for a child not his; he kept vigil when the baby was ill; he cheered when the baby took her first walk; when he grew his first tooth.

Paternity fraud is the difference between love children of cheating husbands/ wives.

Cc: Romangalactic
Goodness,thank you so much for this breakdown. I don't understand why there are people still finding it difficult to accept that there is a very big difference between a husband having a lovechild and wife having a lovechild.

The intricacies involved, financially big part, are just different. Everyone knows that when a child is not able to eat good food or attend a good school, and he has a father,it is him that will be looked at as useless. Whether the wife contributes financially to the house or not is not an onlookers concern.

5 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Romangalactic(m): 3:52pm On May 24, 2020
doitforyou:

Lol so how does it work?? You bring in a nanny to only care for your love child while your wife attends to other children, while living under one roof??
For a wife who chose to remain married to me, doesn't that mean she has accepted to raise the child?
There is no realistic scenario where a husband will bring a lovechild into his house when madam wants none of it. Someone will die.

My earlier point regarding paying for childcare is when the wife decides to leave. I can very well pay for childcare from anyone. Even my own mother or sister or family member can do it free of charge but who is the man that will do this for a woman and still be the one financially responsible for her lovechild?

3 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by doitforyou(f): 4:04pm On May 24, 2020
Romangalactic:

For a wife who chose to remain married to me, doesn't that mean she has accepted to raise the child?
There is no realistic scenario where a husband will bring a lovechild into his house when madam wants none of it. Someone will die.

My earlier point regarding paying for childcare is when the wife decides to leave. I can very well pay for childcare from anyone. Even my own mother or sister or family member can do it free of charge but who is the man that will do this for a woman and still be the one financially responsible for her lovechild?
Well that’s a matter of choice, if you can’t raise another man’s child, that’s your choice. If a woman doesn’t mind raising another woman’s child that’s also her choice.

What I disagree with is “a man’s love child should be more accepting because he pays the bills.”

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Richy4(m): 4:21pm On May 24, 2020
OP, I was shocked when I read where u said that any woman can be paid to perform the role of a mother ... a lady doing her job as a nanny is different from a mother that was emotionally attached to their kids..

Just do a little research on kids who doesn't know their mother, who had all the comforts that money can buy.. but one thing is missing...

U think throwing cash around to hire a world class nanny would replace a mother's love?. . It doesn't work that way..

I understand what you meant when you said some men can't stand the idea of taking care of another man's child but.. but things are a bit different now. Some % of men won't mind

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by pansophist(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2020
There are men who marry single moms and became good fathers to her kid(s), it's about letting your partner know what they are getting into, not by deceit. So therefore, its left for a woman to determine if she will confer parental care to her step child, especially when the man is showing his fatherly responsibilities.

Editted

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by doitforyou(f): 4:34pm On May 24, 2020
pansophist:
This is a false equivalence. Deceiving a man to father a child who is not his is not the same as a woman giving motherly care to her step child The former is beyond despicable and should not be comparable to the latter. An equal comparison will be a baby daddy and baby father, because it is impossible for a man to deceive a woman that she is the mother of his child
Never happened.

There are men who marry single moms and became good fathers to her kid(s), it's about letting your partner know what they are getting into, not by deceit. So therefore, its left for a woman to determine if she will confer parental care to her step child, especially when the man is showing his fatherly responsibilities.
No where did the OP talk about paternity fraud nor a man marrying a single mother. This is a case of a known love child. OP, if paternity fraud is included please update your OP. I am sure most people wouldn’t approve of paternity fraud, that’s a whole different thing.

It isn’t always the case a husband isn’t aware of a love child.

18 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by descartes400: 4:34pm On May 24, 2020
Romangalactic:

I am going to find out if I am the biological father after the child is born. That is the plan

We would very much like you to keep us updated on your condition...since you said you have been undergoing treatment for its reversal secretly...we hope its successful....as per the "the plan" yes its very good to be cautious...it is the rational thing to do...

2 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by descartes400: 4:47pm On May 24, 2020
doitforyou:

Personally, I agree and it should be madness for both the man and the woman.

However, some don’t mind, and that’s also a valid choice for them.

The OP is more about explaining the double standard of people being generally more accepting of a man’s love child than a woman’s (when it’s known it’s a love child).

For me, I prefer the woman should not be required or forced to accept her husband's love child and to bring home such. She should do so from her own volition and if she decides against it, it should not be held against her.
It's not her responsibility to take care of her husband's evidence of infidelity.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Kingarthur21: 6:02pm On May 24, 2020
Romangalactic:
In Nigeria, it is culturally the responsibility of a husband to be responsible for the financial needs of the children & wards under him. In families where wives are the providers there will definitely be no peace if the situation does not change for a long time.

I had an issue which I brought here sometime back regarding my fiancee and her pregnancy. Thank goodness my doctor allayed my fears regarding her fidelity by confirming that it's possible I am the father.
I know for sure that after she gives birth and I find out I am not the father, I will not accept responsibility for a child I did not father because I don't want to raise another man's child with my money. If I felt the need to do such a thing, I will adopt a child. That's my decision.

Now the matter here is, what if it's a man who got another woman pregnant and wants to bring the child into his family? It's my opinion that he has the right to do so because it is his money that will be used to take care of the child. The role of a mother can be performed by anyone if you pay them to do it and people need jobs, but you can't pay someone to financially provide for a child he did not father.

A wife who has a child from a man other than her husband should get child support from the biological father or just go to be with the man who impregnated her. The other option is to cater for the child's financial provision with at least 90% support if she wants her husband to consider accepting it.

I will like to read opinions from other people here

Plead
Ybaby
Mizwisdom
Pdudd
Risenphoenix
Capslocked
Pansophist
Bukatyne
Mstick
Lalasticlala
this sort of threads create gender wars..

A lady bringing another pregnancy to you without you knowing it is deceit. If you adopt or marry a single mom,it is understandable,you willfully chose to raise a kid out of goodwill(a kind heart and charity) but paternity fraud is a no no.

Finances are not the only contribution to child welfare. A lot of you guys feel "money" alone is all that is needed,and as long you are bringing money that settles it. Bringing your child out of wedlock to your marital home without your wife consent is wrong whether you provide a million for the child upkeep, because she will need to invest emotionally ,nurture and groom the kids. So dont use finances as a pass to randomly bring in kids.

And also she has no right to bring in kid(s )without your consent even if the real father is sending all the finances needed because you will need to invest emotionally and groom the kid

6 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Kingarthur21: 6:13pm On May 24, 2020
rockstarB:
Because that child is a disruption to the family tree. A married man that has a child with another woman still gets to maintain his DNA through that child, the child is part of the family tree. It is solely up to the wife to decide whether she wants to be a part of the childs life or not, the man can as well raise the kid with the babymama outside his family. He gets to spend his money on his own child and all that daddy duties.
When a married woman cheats and gets pregnant for another man(if she gets caught), that child is automatically a bastard to the family, a disruption to the family tree. His sisters, brothers, uncles and aunts are not his real relatives.
A married woman that has the courage to get pregnant for another man should use same energy to raise the child with the real family.
Except a man wants to genuinely protect the image of the family, such child should be raised in his real family.
Say no to OMO ALE. Only a woman can bring a bastard to the family. A bastard child never comes through a man.
a myopic and sexist gibberish you put up.

No man/woman should be deceived/forced into raising a child from wedlock.
There is no excuse for it,you talk like one from the medieval times.
DNA disruption?family tree?
In the 21st century you are analysing from a sexist lens..

In as much as I hate modern day feminism,I agree it was needed to some extent to put sexist men at bay

9 Likes

Re: Why Men Find It Hard Accepting Children Their Wives Had From Infidelity by Kuns84(m): 6:16pm On May 24, 2020
Bukatyne you're the smartest woman on NL. That comment of yours sums it up perfectly. Thank you smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

13 Questions For Feminists / Her Married Couple friend Were Intimate Shamelessly Right Infront Of Her / How Much Is HIV Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.