Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:14 PM

Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) (123013 Views)

Asari Dokubo Captures Notorious ESN Commander "Onye Army" (Pictures) / ISWAP Snipers Kill Ba’ana Okocha, Others In Error / 6 Most Deadliest Weapons Used By The Nigerian Army. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
NorthPrince:

so what is ur point now

maybe we should give you the gun so that you can go and use your mathematics formula on it
He just made a harmless statement.
I don’t understand how you got many likes. It seems we just like the ridiculous on this forum. He made a point due to his experience as a marine without undermining the Nigerian Army, your reply absolutely unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by zicoraads: 5:04pm On May 24, 2020
NorthPrince:

so what is ur point now

maybe we should give you the gun so that you can go and use your mathematics formula on it
Na Wa oooo. cheesy cheesy

I've been laughing non stop since I read this comment. grin cheesy
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by obataokenwa(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2020
Ucee1999:

How? What's the juju for?
Those guys visit herbalist like chemist. If you join and don't sort ur way out... u will find ursef straight in Sambisa ...if u survive, ur mental state will be affected
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Harunabisanti(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2020
I fear the situation
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Sanchez01: 5:05pm On May 24, 2020
Classworked:
Sanchez01 and Northprince the dude you quoted is an American marine. Go through his timeline. He obviously has an idea of what he's talking about.
The point is not whether or not he is a naval infantry in the US but whether or not our soldiers are trained 'mathematically' to handle a sniper gun without running the handler through the crucial aspects of it. Sniper guns are not regular guns and I'm sure most people know this. His post is irrelevant if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Righteousness89(m): 5:05pm On May 24, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Yes, I heard this too, even during the days of Abacha, our men where quick and brutal with the enemy. I think the training is still there, just too much politics.

At church a few months ago, I was praising the US army when one bro told me he was a US marine. He now asked me where am from, I told him Nigeria. He said ha!, you people also have a group of highly skilled combatant, and he was even naming names of some lieutenant generals and others, some of whom he had trained with. I was amazed.

If we get it right in Nigeria, other things will follow. Don't forget, guys, that many countries in Africa partly owe their new found peace to the Nigerian Army, including South Africa.

So they deserve respect, more so from us.

Very Correct!

Our Military has been of Great Help in Africa anthe UN

It's unfortunate that they have become more politically inclined .

Nigerian Army that I know would have Wiped off Bokoharam in a Maximum of 6months!
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Admitwithschola: 5:05pm On May 24, 2020
prekumohtim:

Nigeria army should not pride themselves in what they bought till they can make these weapons by themselves. Imagine if the big nations ( weapons suppliers) shut their nations against us

Germany, Norway, Italy, Canada, UK, Japan, Australia are all big nations. They purchase several weapons from abroad.

There is no shame in buying weapons from outside. Yes, if have the wherewithal to produce, we should produce. Does not mean they should be ashamed because they bought weapons from outside.

The things you guys say are indirectly demoralizing. I just hope our gallant troops don't get to see some of these haste-ridden statements. Or even if they see, they should know some of us think highly of them and what they are doing to fight the enemy, and we actually think they should be very proud of themselves. We thank them for their big sacrifice.

Nigeria troops, Bravo!
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Chlerion: 5:05pm On May 24, 2020
Audio snipers!

How many operations have they successfully carried out? Can you remind them that Shekarau is still alive? undecided
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by obataokenwa(m): 5:06pm On May 24, 2020
Righteousness89:
Awesome! I remember my days in Military School!

The Nigerian Army used to be one of the Best on Land...

Those guys are good... it's just Nigerian politics that have infiltrated the Force! If Not This Boko guy's can't stand the Nigerian Military
Buhari messed everywhere up and now Nigeria is vulnerable...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Admitwithschola: 5:06pm On May 24, 2020
SmartyPants:

So you can't see that all those pics are from non combat location?

Man, the thing dey tire me. I heard they say our youths are intelligent. But man
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Naija4love(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2020
Please I want join sniper army

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Righteousness89(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2020
obataokenwa:
Buhari messed everywhere up and now Nigeria is vulnerable...
So Vulnerable and feather weight my Brother..

It's now against Civilians you see our Army!

Sooo unfortunate!
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Ishitinyourlife: 5:08pm On May 24, 2020
J111333:
It's not just about wielding guns, sniping involves more mathematical calculations than shootings and it takes specialized training for a sniper to work efficiently without a spotter.
You don't need to tell anybody that, most especially them,this are professionals ok
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Jeroboy(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2020
For latest music update and entertainment visit https://kicknaija.com.ng/
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by dfrost: 5:08pm On May 24, 2020
Asour:

No. Maybe he is trying to point out that we Nigerians (like other Africans) tend to excessively overemphasize the "brawn" involved in this activity. He shows us that "Brains" are an equally important factor too.

The Military in Nigeria doesn't have the reputation for seeking gifted talents (Not saying brilliant people aren't there) but they tend to dwell on the "brawn".

Sgt. Rogers. wink

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Ishitinyourlife: 5:09pm On May 24, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Why is Nigerian Things always different grin

Snippers that I know don't stay in open place to shoot their targets.

They hide and are not easily seen
sad
Mumu you mean the ones you see in Hollywood
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Jakumo(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2020
The sheer variety of sniper rifles in use by the Nigerian army, is impressive.

To those who look down on bolt-action rifles, because they look "old school", be aware that the best sniper units all deploy some bolt action rifles, because that platform has long been regarded as the most accurate design available, even when compared to far more modern rifle designs.

Ideally snipers endeavor to make a clean kill with every shot, so that follow-up shots are not needed, as the muzzle flashes produced by those follow-up shots could be spotted by the enemy, and used as a target on which to focus a barrage of return fire.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by gowonmaharajah(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2020
iLUCID:
I'm scared just by seeing these rifles undecided
hahaha...cowardly you.what if you see em in real life... you go shit for body be DAT!
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Ishitinyourlife: 5:10pm On May 24, 2020
Queenyprinxex:
They can't snipe nada.
Go within their range let's see if they shatter your skull or not

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by ProtectMyMoney: 5:10pm On May 24, 2020
Snipers with dane guns....you must be kidding me
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by cravingmind: 5:10pm On May 24, 2020
God bless Nigerian Army for their sacrifices to ensure the safety of the nation.

God punish our leaders and their entire generation for playing with the lives of these men.

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 24, 2020
Watch over and protect our nation's military members and their families. Sustain them with your everlasting arms.

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Martinez39s(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2020
Plot twist: those guns are not working. grin

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by sisisioge: 5:11pm On May 24, 2020
Go soldiers kiss kiss
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by fashrola(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2020
NorthPrince:

so what is ur point now

He typed the truth nah

2 Likes

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by gungab(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2020
Not bad
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Ishitinyourlife: 5:11pm On May 24, 2020
Germi9:
they rather look like hunters with those same old 1950 long range guns
You're a fool,so those snipers are old guns abi,negativity will kill you one day

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by shigoawesu(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2020
J111333:
It's not just about wielding guns, sniping involves more mathematical calculations than shootings and it takes specialized training for a sniper to work efficiently without a spotter.
Oga soldier and you think they are not doing that
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by wamide042(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2020
J111333:
You’re very right...
They need to calculate the speed of the wind and also the degree at which your target moves of course this is not hollywood where your target will wait for you to shoot your shot..lol, sometimes windy conditions might divert the direction of the bullet making you miss your shots.
One man one bullet.
One shot one kill.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Myer(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2020
AnonPoet:
Meet the men that deliver long-range precision fire for the Nigerian army. The Nigerian army has an entire battalion of snipers divided into three classes and are trained across many different types of threat environments.

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1264542256087863300?s=19

Yet they can't carry out a covert operation to take out Shekau and his boko boys.
And Burutai is just a fraud.

I can only give credit to whom it's due. Chad army we know but NA has proven to be a failure by all standards. They're only gallant in harassing civilians.

Bomboclat Snipers that can only take out mosquitoes.

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Ishitinyourlife: 5:12pm On May 24, 2020
ClintonNzedimma:

He just made a harmless statement.
I don’t understand how you got many likes. It seems we just like the ridiculous on this forum. He made a point due to his experience as a marine without undermining the Nigerian Army, your reply absolutely unnecessary.
He made a stupid point so hush it,he meant to ridicule this gallant soldiers. Who doesn't know sniping involves calculations
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 24, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Rubbish carry dirty comot jor

Be proud of your very own!

Stop hating!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Breaking; Radio Biafra Director, Nnamdi Kanu Arrested / Why I Left APC - Bukola Saraki Reveals More / Nnamdi Kanu Guarded By Foreign Security At A Press Conference (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.