Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) (2323 Views)

Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) / Haunting Photos Of Canary Islands Covered In Toxic Ash After Volcanic Eruption / Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 3:46pm On May 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 3:47pm On May 24, 2020
The Karoo is a semi desert natural region of South Africa. This is what it usually looks like.

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 3:47pm On May 24, 2020
This winter season it is being transformed into a winter-wonderland.

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 3:51pm On May 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Prodigee: 3:58pm On May 24, 2020
Awon ti xenophobia tongue
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 4:03pm On May 24, 2020
Prodigee:

Meaning?
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Prodigee: 4:13pm On May 24, 2020
TMKsouth:

Meaning?
Just hailing you man. Love my southy brodas and of course sistas wink

You guys are unique. From music (what happened to kwaito though?), to culture and lifestyle. Mzansi!

4 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 4:19pm On May 24, 2020
Prodigee:

You guys are unique. From music (what happened to kwaito though?), to culture and lifestyle. Mzansi!

Cool - thank you.

Tagging JaceBlace and XhosaNostra. They will know what happened to kwaito. grin Amapiano is the new sound now.

And Lionessza6 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Samfloxin(m): 4:22pm On May 24, 2020
I like this weather, I wish we had it in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by JaceBlaze: 4:30pm On May 24, 2020
Awesome.
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Maxmilliano111: 5:09pm On May 24, 2020
Prodigee:

Lwkmd

Baba u no gya joy at all
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Mbataku96(m): 9:04pm On May 24, 2020
Snow in SouthAfrica, I thought SouthAfrica was part of Africa.
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Davidson5(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2020
TMKsouth:

Meaning?

Walahi weyre ni bobo sha grin
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by ashiwaju11(m): 11:12pm On May 24, 2020
Prodigee:

Oya go and collect one sista for xhosa land grin make sure you have blankets with you o. It is part of the bride price. Ask TmkSouth. See Eastern Cape winter tips, so you don't freeze before you come back to Lagos cool http://www.lagostojozi.com/travel/planning-tips/winter-in-south-africa/
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:23am On May 25, 2020
ashiwaju11:

Oya go and collect one sista for xhosa land grin make sure you have blankets with you o. It is part of the bride price. Ask TmkSouth. See Eastern Cape winter tips, so you don't freeze before you come back to Lagos cool http://www.lagostojozi.com/travel/planning-tips/winter-in-south-africa/

Thanks for the link - really enjoyed reading it. It's a pity this winter SA national borders are closed due to the coronavirus. I once watched a Nollywood movie of a Nigerian's winter experience in SA - hilarious as he wasn't expecting it to be that cold.

Your article also helped me answer one of the monikers above.

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:23am On May 25, 2020
Mbataku96:
Snow in SouthAfrica, I thought SouthAfrica was part of Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Imustreturn(m): 2:40am On May 25, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by ashiwaju11(m): 9:02am On May 25, 2020
TMKsouth:

Thanks for the link - really enjoyed reading it. It's a pity this winter SA national borders are closed due to the coronavirus. I once watched a Nollywood movie of a Nigerian's winter experience in SA - hilarious as he wasn't expecting it to be that cold.

Your article also helped me answer one of the monikers above.

It pleases my heart to know that you enjoyed the article. True - the border closure makes life boring without traveling. Am sure we will all be fine soon.

Do you perhaps still remember the name of the Nollywood movie?
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by ashiwaju11(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2020
Samfloxin:
I like this weather, I wish we had it in Nigeria

Jos in Plateau State is the closest experience but without snow smiley
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by ashiwaju11(m): 9:18am On May 25, 2020
[quote author=TMKsouth post=89928894][/quote]

The diversity of the people and their languages. The diversity of the food. And then, the diversity of the weather in South Africa. You can literally find all the climatic conditions in SA! ...Oh! How diversed. How amazing. �

2 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Nobody: 9:21am On May 25, 2020
ashiwaju11:

The diversity of the people and their languages. The diversity of the food. And then, the diversity of the weather in South Africa. You can literally find all the climatic conditions in SA! ...Oh! How diversed. How amazing. �

True

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Nobody: 9:26am On May 25, 2020
TMKsouth:

Cool - thank you.

Tagging JaceBlace and XhosaNostra. They will know what happened to kwaito. grin Amapiano is the new sound now.

And Lionessza6 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Our music is for ever evolving,

3 Likes

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by amapiano2019: 12:31pm On May 25, 2020
Have you listened to south african amapiano music?

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:31pm On May 25, 2020
ashiwaju11:

Love your website! LagostoJozi. cool

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:34pm On May 25, 2020
Austine1213:

Our music is for ever evolving,

I've noticed. Seems artists have to adapt to remain relevant. Thats why most kwaito artists are off the radar now.
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by TMKsouth: 1:39pm On May 25, 2020
ashiwaju11:

It pleases my heart to know that you enjoyed the article. True - the border closure makes life boring without traveling. Am sure we will all be fine soon.

Do you perhaps still remember the name of the Nollywood movie?

I don't. But it had one of the famous actors coming to SA for the 2010 World Cup. Can't remember much of the storyline but when he returns to Nigeria the village people turn up singing a vuvuzela song. Perhaps someone else will remind us of the name.

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by ashiwaju11(m): 6:13pm On May 25, 2020
TMKsouth:

Love your website! LagostoJozi. cool
Thank you TMKsouth. That means a lot! I am driven by my love for South Africa and my patriotism for Nigeria. And to see both countries, especially their citizens working together for the upliftment of our motherland Africa.

1 Like

Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Mbataku96(m): 7:43pm On May 25, 2020
[quote author=TMKsouth post=89928894][/quote]
I see now
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Richdee1(m): 12:00am On May 26, 2020
TMKsouth:

I don't. But it had one of the famous actors coming to SA for the 2010 World Cup. Can't remember much of the storyline but when he returns to Nigeria the village people turn up singing a vuvuzela song. Perhaps someone else will remind us of the name.

Can I PM you??
can u drop your WhatsApp number??
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Lukaku95: 11:03am On May 26, 2020
I wan fvck one SA big booty but with CD oo. Heard they all HIV infected
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Hotspotbro(m): 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
amapiano2019:
Have you listened to south african amapiano music?

why
Re: SOUTH AFRICA WINTER - Desert Towns Covered In Snow This Week (photos) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lukaku95:
I wan fvck one SA big booty but with CD oo. Heard they all HIV infected

Steteotyping?

"all hiv infected"

So its ok forfor me to say Nigerians in SA are " criminals, scammers, drug traffikers, humqn traffickers "?

Most of them do even if not all of them

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Italian Villages To Pay Nigerians Up To €28,000 To Move There / Does Anyone Has Info Abt Aa Rescue? / Study Opportunities In Ukraine 2 Masters And Transfer Students Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.