Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) (3191 Views)

Diary Of A Playboy (18+) / The Second Wife - A Romance Story / FEIRE - A Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 4:40pm On May 24, 2020
Are you an indie author? Are you an upcoming writer? Would you like your stories to reach a wider audience? Are you tired of self promoting your stories all alone? Are you in need of a little book promotion boost?
Then this free book promotion scheme is for you.
Find out how to participate here;
https://bedsidestoryblog..com/p/free-book-promotion.html

Chapter ONE

Crystal couldn't believe it, she had barely two months left and she would officially be a graduate. It seemed too good to be true. Four years had passed in the blink of an eye.
Four years of assignments, endless quiz, exams preparation, presentation e.t.c was about to end.

She had her defence coming up in two weeks and felt prepared already. She just kept going through her project to gain extra confidence because to her, defence was really a huge deal.

Getting a low grade in your defence had the capacity to reduce your CGPA drastically and as such it was not to be taken lightly.

Crystal was a pretty sight to behold. She was chocolate in complexion with an average height. She had pointed nose with an oval face. She had a very great figure with curves and flesh in all the right places. She, had her own fair share of guys trailing after her though she never gave them a second glance.

She came from an average family who could meet only her necessary needs. In her family it was almost an unsaid policy that anything not terribly needed would not be bought but she couldn't fault her parents because she knew they were doing their best for her.

Her family was a Christian one and they made sure that God was a part of her everyday life. Crystal had been taught about the place of God's will in her life right from time. She was told that the will of God came first in all areas of her life and before she makes any important decision, she should ask the lord for his will. And she had been doing that up till this point in her life. Her career choice as an English major was part of God's plan, her degree program in University of Nigeria, Nsukka was also in his plan and Crystal was very determined to continue putting God in the forefront of her life. Especially in the choice of a hubby because making a mistake in her choice would break her emotionally. The thought alone of ending up with the wrong person gave her goosebumps.

Kelly was her only best friend as she wasn't really a social person and she loved her fiercely. At first crystal was reluctant to be friends with Kelly due to her outgoing and bubbling nature but she came to love that part of her over the years.

Crystal is basically a book worm. She was in the library with her friend whom she dragged there to prepare for their upcoming defence.

Kelly yawned for the tenth time since they came there "Crys cant we just go home? Am sooo tired"

Crystal smiled, that was typical Kelly talking. She was ready for anything other than studying but she still managed to get good grades

"Kells please lets just study for thirty more minutes okay? I will get you ice cream on our way home" Crystal said giving her a pleading look

"okay okay fine, but its just because of that ice cream o" Kells replied half-smiling

"thanks love" Crystal smiled as they got back to studying.

CHAPTER TWO

The alarm gave a loud shrilling sound. Crystal groaned and burrowed further under the covers grumbling something about getting her morning sleep only for her to sit up straight some minutes later..

Oh crap

She had forgotten that today was the day of her project defence. She suddenly felt very nervous. After saying a short prayer, she scrambled out of the bed and hopped into the bathroom for a quick shower.

She hurriedly dressed in a light purple suit with black flats, her braids were held up in the middle of her head and her make up lightly done.
Satisfied with her appearance, she hurried out and hailed a taxi giving him directions to the campus.

Her palms were already sweaty by the time she got to school and she tried very hard to get herself together as she made her way over to the waiting room besides the hall that was to be used for the defence.

As soon as her best friend kelly saw her, she sprinted to her side ''hey babe, your ready right?'' she asked as she walked beside her

''sure I am but that dosen't stop me from being extremely nervous, can't wait to do it and put it behind me" she replied with a serious look on her face.

Kelly laughed "me too, but u will do just fine.. Remember presentation has never been our problem and this is kinda similar to it" kelly reassured her friend with an amused look on her face.

Crystal looked at her best friend of four years and felt very grateful, they've really come a long way together. Since they stumbled into each other in their freshmen year, they have been inseparable. Despite the twist and turns of university life, they stood together and have grown to greatly love each other.

She would really miss her after they graduated even though they will always  keep in touch.
Snapping out of her thoughts, Crystal realised that the professors were already seated and had started calling the names of students to come in individually and defend the project they had spent months writing.

A lot of students including Kelly had been called in and it was almost her turn, Crystal smoothened down the edges of her skirt nervously and stood up with a start as she heard her name..

"Crystal Jason" a voice boomed over the speakers. She turned and hugged her best friend

"goodluck" kelly whispered

Crystal hurried into the hall on shaky legs as she prayed for strength and favour. The professors sitting on the stage looked very terrifying and that only helped to intensify the cramps in her stomach.

She carefully set her laptop down and opened the power point file she had prepared for the defence.

"Miss Jason" a female professor spoke over the microphone "can you please start by stating your name as well as the topic of your project"

Crystal licked her lips nervously as she answered in a surprisingly calm voice "am Crystal Jason and my project topic is... The effectiveness of  creative writing in stimulating the mind".

Just like that question after question was thrown at her for the next thirty minutes.

Although she was sweating profusely as she made her way out of the hall, she had a triumphant smile on her face and hurried towards her best friend who engulfed her in a big hug...

"congratulations hon, you did it" kelly remarked with a huge smile on her face

"thanks Kells, congratulations to you too, am so glad its finally over" Crystal said equally smiling.

"In my opinion this calls for celebration" Kelly screamed as she half-dragged her to the nearest restaurant.

Crystal smiled as she shook her head, her bestfriend had always been the outspoken and very social one between the two of them and this was one of the reasons she was glad to have her as she clearly sucked at such things.

A/N; Hi guys this is a new story I wrote and decided to start posting here. I hope you enjoy reading it. Updates will be on Sundays and Wednesdays so the next chapter will be posted on Wednesday.
Happy reading

1 Share

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 2:21pm On May 27, 2020
CHAPTER THREE
Crystal felt a pang of sadness as she packed the stuffs in her room into the box she will be travelling with. She was going home today and although she was happy to finally become a graduate, she was still sad at leaving because she would really miss her room and the people around her but she consoled herself at the thought that it was part of life to move from one stage to another.

She was to be travelling with Kelly that morning as they were both going to Lagos although they lived in different parts of the city. She lived in Ikoyi Lagos while her best friend lived in Victoria Island Lagos which means they will still get to see each other often.

The two months following her defence had come and gone, results were out and certificates had been issued. Crystal made a CGPA of 4.31 a bit higher than her best friend who made a CGPA of 4.0. As she entered the bathroom she couldn't help but feel that so far things had gone really well for them.

While in the bathroom, she heard the sound of keys rattling and she assumed it was her best friend since she was the only one that had a spare key to her room.

"Hey, you're early" Crystal hurriedly soaped herself

"I figured you won't be ready on time and as usual I decided to come twenty minutes earlier so you can hurry up" Kelly replied as Crystal laughed

"You know me too well" she retorted still laughing.

Kelly smiled "I don't really have time to go on about your failures because they are just too many, just hurry up and get your ass outta there"

Crystal placed a hand over her chest pretending to be hurt "my failures" she asked

Kelly merely shrugged and they both burst out laughing. She always enjoyed their friendly banter and was going to miss it.

In thirty minutes they were on their way both feeling excited about going home after such a long time. They chatted non-stop until they got to the place where they would go their separate ways.

Crystal hugged her best friend and bid her a safe ride as she entered the vehicle that would take her home.

As soon as she got home her mother screamed running out of the kitchen and engulfing her in a tight hug...

Crystal laughed "good afternoon mum"

"Ada'm how are you" she asked while checking her body for signs of illness or anything

"am fine mum, I've missed you" she answered moving to hug her mum again

"missed you too love, your dad will soon be here he just went out to get something.... Why don't you go upstairs and freshen up then come down for dinner"

"alright mum, will do" she answered as she made her way to her room feeling extremely happy to be home.

After a while her mum shouted "sweetheart dinner is ready"

"alright mum, on my way down" she dressed in shorts with a matching t-shirt and made her way downstairs.

When she got to the dining table, her dad stood and engulfed her in a big hug "my baby girl, welcome home"

"thanks dad, I missed you"

"me too, look at you, all grown up now" her dad said holding her at arms length and shaking his head in wonder "very soon I would be walking you down the aisle but I would like to delay that a little longer" her dad continued with a mischievous grin

"don't even try it" Crystal jokingly warned as she swatted his hands and headed to the table admist laughter.

Once everyone was seated, her dad said a short prayer before they digged into the food while asking her questions about school as they ate.

After dinner her dad turned to her "so what next? what do u intend doing with your English degree?"

Crystal thought for a moment before answering "am still thinking of either getting a job straight away or enrolling for a six months program in editing"

"I suggest you enroll for a program in editing since it will go a long way to increase your chances of getting a job, but its up to you to decide" her dad finished with a serious expression on his face..

Crystal nodded and patted his arm "don't worry dad I still have a couple of weeks to figure it out".

Glossary

Ada'm - my first daughter
CGPA - cumulative grade point assessment.

A/N; Hey guys, here's chap 3 like I promised. Don't forget to share your thoughts on this story. Next chap will be up on Sunday. However the next chapters are already available on my blog. Visit www.cleanromancestories..com to read

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 3:49pm On May 31, 2020
CHAPTER FOUR
Two weeks had passed since Crystal came home and she was still confused about what to do. She was very eager to become the editor she has always wanted to be but she knew that the extra knowledge she would get during her editing program was also important.

She decided to go on her knees and say a short prayer for guidance.

"father lord, I thank you for your grace and mercy on my life. Thank you for being faithful even in the face of my unfaithfulness. Lord I pray that you help me and guide me through every step of my life, help me to know what to do and the right place to go, Amen".

After saying this prayer, she felt like she knew exactly what to do and wondered why she kept from praying for guidance till now. With what to do on her mind, she went downstairs to help her mum make dinner.

After dinner she faced her parents "dad, mum I have thought very carefully about my next line of action and I have decided to look for a job as an editor in a newspaper house, from there I can get the experience I need to work in a publishing house instead of going for another editing program again" she finished looking hopefully at her parents.

"anything you decide is okay, we will support you through any decision" her dad said holding her mum's hand as they both gave her a proud smile.

"Thanks dad" crystal said as she stood up and hugged them. After bidding them a good night she skipped happily to her room planning to start her job search the next day.

Crystal woke up the next morning and wondered why she was feeling so excited..

Oh yeah
She remembered, her job search begins today... After saying her morning prayers and reading her bible, she got into the shower. The next thing on her mind was breakfast. She went down thinking of what to fix for herself since her both parents had already left for work.

With a full stomach she settled down on the couch with her laptop and began browsing through available job vacancies.

By the end of the day she had sent out an application to about fifteen different newspaper houses and publishing companies both in Lagos and in Abuja. Satisfied with her progress, she shut her laptop and went to make dinner.

A week later, Crystal had not yet gotten any response for the application letters she sent and was already starting to lose hope when she saw a strange email in her mail box. After watching it warily for a minute she clicked it open and hurriedly scanned through it. She let out a surprised yelp and then proceeded to do a happy dance around the room.

She had been asked to resume work as an editor in a publishing house in Victoria island Lagos with a very comfortable salary.

Today was going great afterall she thought as she happily went downstairs to share the news with her parents.

"Dad guess what" she said as she literally danced around the living room.

Her dad looked up from the book in his hand wondering what was going on "Crystal you know am not good at guessing, just tell me"

"oh dad, you're no fun at all" Crystal fake groaned before happily continuing "I got a job" she screamed

"oh dear, that's wonderful...we are so proud of you" her dad said hugging her alongside her mum

"I will miss you guys a lot" Crystal said suddenly feeling a bit sad to leave home

"don't worry dear we will call you every chance we get plus you can always come home when your free" her mum tried to cheer her up

"Thanks mum, dad....for everything"

"your welcome dear, we will be praying for you" her parents replied together

Crystal nodded, "let me go get ready then"

As soon as Crystal got to her room, she flopped down on the bed and thanked God for her new job. She then called kelly...

"hey kells, xup"
"am good dear"
"okay I've got gist for you"
"really?? Are you engaged"
Crystal laughed "engaged ke, you and this your silly romantic ideas, anyways, I got the job"
"Wow!! Seriously Crys that's wonderful" Kells sreeched loudly
"thanks for your help, you've helped me a lot. I wouldn't have gotten it without your recommendation"
Kells laughed "its okay...enjoy and don't forget to call me"
"I will, take care..."
"yeah bye"

Crystal got up from the bed and started packing her stuffs feeling as if her heart would burst out with joy. It all seemed too good to be through.

A/N; hey guys, here's a new chapter.. What do u think of the story so far? Next chap will be up on Wednesday
Or u can visit my blog www.cleanromancestories..com to read next chapters

2 Likes

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 10:58am On Jun 03, 2020
CHAPTER FIVE
Working for Tonads publishing house was not as easy as she had hoped. Although it was a thrilling experience to finally do something that she loved. Her major task was editing. Which she did alongside other editors in the company

Crystal woke up in the morning feeling great....she said her prayers and then glanced at the clock...seeing that she had barely thirty minutes to spare, she hurriedly got up to get ready for work.

She looked pretty smart in her pencil skirt and light red top with silver heels to match... taking one more look around her cozy apartment she headed off to work.

Today was really going to be a busy day...she thought as she buzzed into the office building. She made her way to her to her desk stopping every now and then to exchange pleasantries with the workers she passed on her way.

As she got to her desk, she looked at the pile of papers stocked there and gave a loud sigh...she had better get to work....she thought and carefully began sorting through the stories on her desk.

Totally engrossed in the manuscripts she was working on, she didn't realize that it was already lunch time until Dave -a co-worker- popped into her office..

"hello there beautiful" he said with a confident smile on his face

"hey" Crystal replied rolling her eyes at the name he called her

"are'n't you heading out for lunch"

"not really" she replied not looking up "I want to finish this stuff so I guess I will just have my lunch here"

"okay then I will get you something on my way back"

"ohh, that would be nice" she answered smiling her thanks

Crystal could see why the ladies at the office practically drooled over Dave whenever he passed. He was a handsome young man of twenty-five who already had everything going well for him.

Everyone would love to hit it off with him ...everyone but her... Crystal thought as she got back to work. She was'n't in the least interested in him and only saw him as the wonderful friend he was. Besides she didn't think she was ready to handle the drama that comes with a relationship, her life was already complicated as it were now.

The last three weeks had passed by unevently. Crystal was in a cab on her way home from work when her phone rang...

"hey dad"
"Crystal, how are you?"
"am fine dad, just a little bit busy" she answered frowning at her dads tone
"dad, what's wrong? u don't sound alright" she said anxiously
"its your mum hon, she was rushed to the hospital this afternoon after she collapsed at the office"
Crystal was starting to get scared, there was more coming she knew...

Her dad blew out a breath and continued..."the doctor ran series of test on her and they found out that she has breast cancer and has been living with it for a while now, it will be a miracle if she ever survives" her dad finished with a slightly cracked voice.

ohh God..

Crystal put her head in her hands trying desperately to overcome the despair that was taking over her...she had to trust God not to let her mum die...she had to be strong for her dad... How did her perfect world crash so suddenly. She couldn't stay in Victoria island right now, she had to go home and see things for herself.

After notifying her boss of her inevitable absence, she packed a small bag and travelled back to Ikoyi praying for mercy throughout the journey.

As soon she spotted her dad in the crowded bus stop she rushed to hug him and they stood for a while silently comforting each other.

"How are you holding up" her dad asked once they were seated in the car heading to the hospital.

"honestly dad, I don't know anymore" she replied her voiced laced with emotion

"its okay hon, we will be fine" her dad assured her

Crystal just shrugged wondering how her dad could say that considering the situation they currently found themselves.

A/N; hey guys.. Another chapter is here.. What do u think of this story so far? Next update will be on Sunday or u can visit www.cleanromancestories..com to read next part.

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
CHAPTER SIX
Crystal hurried after the nurse who led the way to her mum's room...once at the door she mumbled her thanks and took a moment to collect herself before entering the room....

Still she was'n't prepared for the sight that greeted her ...a sob escaped her throat as she took in her mum's pale and fragile form.... What could she do to turn back the wheels of time to a month earlier... Even a week earlier would be fine with her but not this.

She quietly approached the bed and sat beside her mum taking her both hands in her own...

"mum..." she whispered brokenly

Her mum's eyes fluttered open at the sound of her voice "Crystal" her mum smiled weakly

"How are you feeling?" Crystal asked squeezing her hand

"a little bit weak, but don't worry I will be fine. How are you?" her mum said reaching out her hand to Crystal and her dad who had been silent the whole time. The family prayed for healing together as her mum drifted back to sleep.

This was so hard... Crystal thought as she watched her mum's sleeping form. She could'n't bring herself to leave just yet. Seeing her once carefree mum looking so helpless was hard on her.

Crystal's mum had already been booked for surgery in two weeks time and there was absolutely no way she would be going back to work with the situation at hand. Thankfully she had asked for some time off and with the influence Kelly had it was easily granted. Her phone vibrated..

"hello" she answered

"Crystal how are you?" David asked in a concerned tone

After a moment of silence she answered "am okay... Just a little bit scared.. Ohhh David! What if something bad happens to her? I don't think I can handle it.." her voice broke a little at the end

"no Crys.. Don't say that. Your mum will be fine" he reassured her

"I hope so... I will talk to you later, the doctor is here"

"I will call you... Do take care" David spent some minutes after the call had ended staring at his phone. He hated to see her in any kind of pain. But no matter how wealthy he was, he couldn't take care of all her pain. How he wished he could do just that.. No he wished he could tell her how he felt about her.

He smiled remembering the first time she had walked into their office with her head held up high. He couldn't take his eyes off her that day neither had he taken his eyes off her now. sadly the feeling wasn't mutual and nothing hurt more than unrequited love. But then he would rather stay close to her as a friend than be away from her entirely.

A lone tear rolled down Crystal cheek as her mum was being wheeled to the theatre... "please come back to us mum" she whispered as she gently squeezed her mum's hand

Crystal paced the few hours her mum spent in surgery, she admired the calm facade her dad was pulling off but knew that he was in a lot of turmoil on the inside. By the time her mum was wheeled back to her room, she was already a nervous wreck... The only thing that seem to calm her down was the fact that her mum was still breathing although still in a critical condition and David's comforting presence with her.

Mrs Jason was unconscious the three days following her surgery... She woke up on the third day to the relief of her husband and daughter. She was to start chemotherapy the next day and Crystal could only hope that she would be one of the few cancer survivors. She didn't want to lose hope because losing hope meant she had given up which in turn meant watching her mum die and she wasn't ready to do so yet.

With nothing left to do, Crystal spent her days at either the hospital or the house. When she was neither at both, she could be found at somewhere quiet praying for her mum. So far her mum was doing well but Crystal didn't want to get her hopes up too much.

Little by little colour started returning to Mrs Jason cheeks and Crystal couldn't help but feel that her mum was showing signs of recovery. She wondered if it was just her imagination.

As soon as she got home from the hospital, Crystal stopped by her dad's room..

"hi dad" she greeted cautiously entering the room

"Crystal how are you"

"am fine" carefully choosing her next words she continued "dad, don't you think mum is looking a bit healthier than before"

"yea, I think so...I didn't want to raise your hopes up so I decided not to tell you..."

"am glad you noticed it too because I was starting to think it was just my imagination"

"no its not" her dad said smiling softly at her

"okay then, I will just head to my room" Crys said feeling a little more hopeful than she had felt these past few days.

A/N; hey guys, am really sorry this chap is coming up later than agreed. It was totally due to unforseen circumstances. Hope your enjoying the story so far? Next chapter will be up on Wednesday. However, chap 7 is already up on my blog. Visit www.cleanromancestories..com to read

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
CHAPTER SEVEN

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months with Crysral's mum getting better and better. She had just been declared a survivor and was discharged to go home.

The next day did not come early enough for Crystal. She tossed throughout the night and was glad to see daylight. Her mum was coming home today so it didn't really matter whether she slept or not. After a quick shower, she hurried over to the hospital without even bothering to eat.

As soon as she got to the hospital, she barged into her mum's room to find her mum sitting at the edge of the bed slowly munching a snack.

Crystal rushed to her side "hey mum" she beamed giving her a kiss on her cheek

"hey yourself" her mum smiled at her

"you get to go home today, are you excited?" she asked

"sure I am, this place is eating up my insides with boredom" her mum replied pretending to frown

Crystal laughed glad that her mum's carefree spirit had returned "don't worry mum, its all over now... lets get you ready to leave."

Crystal was relieved her mum was back home... the house had never been the same without her and her dad was almost becoming a shadow of his former self...

Although it still hurt to look at her mum and see the person she had become after cancer nearly claimed her life...she was still greatful that her mum was alive. Her being alive was better than nothing..

Mrs Jason didn't even let anyone stay moody around her as she radiated a certain kind of happiness from the inside. Which was unusual considering that cancer survivors were often moody and depressed. Whenever she noticed her husband or daughter looking worried, she would try to ease their worries in her usual playful way....asking them if they wanted to have wrinkles on their face this early.

As months rolled on, Crystal felt it was high time she got back to work since her mum was now able to take care of herself plus she wasn't working so far away.

Moreover David's father had recently called him back to Abuja to manage the family business. So she needed to spend as much time as she could afford with him. Though he was not yet certain of leaving the company.

She would miss him very much but perhaps it was better for him to leave. She didn't fail to notice the lingering glances he sent her way when he thought she wasn't looking. He was a nice guy but she couldn't return his feelings no matter how hard she tried.

Crystal work up from sleep and stretched her muscles....happy that she had something fulfilling to fill up her days.... she had her quiet time and then started to get ready for work.

Crystal met Kells in the elevator as they rode up to their office floor together...as soon as they got to the third floor, the elevator stopped. Just before Crystal stepped out, Kelly asked her..

"so we are still meeting for lunch at my office right?" Kelly asked hopefully

"sure, I will see you at noon" Crystal replied

"great, do you still know the way to my office?"

"am not sure, you know your department is so large. I can't seem to memorize all the turns. but don't worry I will find it" Crystal assured her as they parted ways.

Time flew by quickly as she got engrossed in work. By noon, she was more than ready to head out to Kelly's office for lunch. She needed somewhere to relax and her best friends office was perfectly perfect. But there was a little problem..

Where the hell was kelly's office... she wondered as she strolled down the hallway for the second time. Should she pop her head into any office she pass or should she just carefully check the names attached to the door....? Deciding to do the latter, she began her search and was seriously reading the name on the tenth door when her face slammed into solid wall... only that this wall was a bit warm

"uhh uhh!!" she said falling down when strong hands grabbed her shoulders and steadied her on her feet... Crystal looked up and caught herself staring into the face of the most handsome... no scratch that, most beautiful face she had seen in a long while now. He was very tall with a beautiful dark skin, he kept his hair neatly styled and had a very manly body.

"you should really watch where your going" he said giving her a knowing smile

She cleared her throat to hide her embarrassment and replied "am sorry, I was checking for a friend's office and did'n't see you coming"

"ohh...maybe I could help with that, what's her name?"

"Kelly Melvin"

"it seems your in luck today, I happen to know her very well.. follow me" he turned not waiting to see if she followed

Crystal followed wondering who this man was and how he knew Kelly...not wanting to embarrass herself further she let it go.

Still looking a bit dazed she entered her friends office... he just showed her Kelly's door and disappeared not bothering with introductions... Halfway through lunch, her thoughts drifted to him still wondering who he was... Annoyed at her train of thoughts she decided to concentrate solely on lunch.

A/N; hey guys.. Here's a new chap. Crystal meets a new guy. Please do share your thoughts on this story. Next chap will be up on Sunday
But you can visit my blog to read next chapters
www.cleanromancestories..com
Until next time

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
CHAPTER EIGHT
Crystal wondered at her attraction to the unknown man... she had spent the better part of her night thinking about him..she was'n't the kind of person to think about someone she just met.. As she prepared for work, his face drifted through her mind and she almost looked forward to seeing him... Then she remembered that she didn't even know his name. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she hurried out of the house.

A memo had been circulated informing them to gather at the conference room by noon for a brief meeting as the publisher wanted to address the workers in the editing department. Crystal was a bit curious as there had been no call for a meeting with the head publisher since she began working there.

Few minutes to noon, Crystal finished off what she was working on and left for the meeting glad that she at least knew the way to the conference room. Approaching the conference room, Crystal wondered if the mysterious man she met the previous day will be there... maybe he worked in the same department with her... But she thought against it. If he did she would have met him by now

As she entered, she saw a lot of strange faces and Kelly began introducing her to the few she could while they awaited the publisher. When the publisher entered the hall, everyone turned to face him. Crystal also turned and gasped at what she saw.....

Standing by the first chair at the table was the man she had met yesterday ...so he was the publisher... she watched him warily. That explains how he knew Kelly's office.

"please everyone get seated" he said as his eyes landed on her. Giving her a nod, he continued "good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, am sorry for holding this meeting on short notice but we are here to discuss a very important issue..."

Crystal had already zoned out of the discussion... still lost in thought she saw other people standing and joined them. Great... the meeting had ended and she didn't hear anything he said. She will just have to ask Kelly later...she thought as she turned towards the door.

The publisher intercepted her movement...

"hey" he greeted smiling

"hello sir, am sorry I didn't know it was you when we met yesterday" she meekly looked towards the floor, too nervous to meet his eyes

"oh that... nevermind, am Micheal....Micheal Eke" he stretched out his hand

"am Crystal Jason" she replied taking his hand "its a pleasure to meet you" she continued ignoring the sparks that flew up her arm.

"same here... Guess I will see you around" Micheal turned and headed to his office without waiting for her reply.

The nerve of this man...Crystal thought as she turned in the direction of her office.

Micheal tried hard to concentrate as he found himself thinking about a certain girl.... The same one he has been thinking about since he met her yesterday. So she worked in the editing department... He thought as he read the same line he had been reading for the past ten minutes. She was very beautiful and had a beautiful name "Crystal". But he knew she wouldn't be interested in him... She was far too innocent and such people tend to stay away from him due to his past record. Hold on a sec... why was he even bothered about what she thought or who she was interested in. It was really none of his business...he told himself as he got back to work.

He tried to get through the day without straying thoughts... On his way home, he felt a kind of lonliness he had'n't felt in a long time. He was sure it had something to do with that Crystal girl. When he got home, he went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and before he knew it, he had already pictured Crystal in his kitchen.

Arghhh...shaking his head to clear his thoughts he turned in the direction of his room. He could'n't understand why Crystal was taking up most of his thoughts. Sure she was beautiful but she was'n't the only beautiful girl around him plus since he gave his life to christ few months ago, he didn't do as much as look at a lady twice.

Deciding that he needed to put off steam, he changed into his gym clothes and left the house. When he returned home, he hurriedly showered and flopped down on the bed. He said a short prayer about his attraction to Crystal before drifting off to sleep...

Micheal entered the office building the next day with a mission.....which was to get to know Crystal better. As soon as noon came, he entered her office..

"hello Crystal" he greeted giving her one of those his beautiful smiles

Crystal stood up "good afternoon Mr..."

He interrupted her with a finger "please just call me Micheal"

Looking at him as if he had grown two heads, she nodded.

"good. Now I would like to treat you to lunch, that's if you will let me" he clasped his hand behind his back feeling slightly nervous.. was he being too forward? Will she say no?.. He thought as he awaited her reply

A bit surprised she replied "I would love to... but there's something important am working on so I would rather stay here"

"ohh okay then....maybe next time" he finished trying to hide his disappointment.

Leaving the office building, he wondered why her refusal affected him as much as it did or why the handsome guy he met on his way into her office bothered him so much. Was she involved with him?
Michael strode to his car telling himself not to care about it. He didn't know what this thing between them was but he was sure he wouldn't be letting it go anytime soon.

A/N; hey guys, chap 8 of our story is up, things are getting intense... What do u think of these two? Next chap will be up on Wednesday
Meanwhile visit blog to read next chapters. www.cleanromancestories..com
Happy reading

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 8:47am On Jun 17, 2020
CHAPTER NINE
Damn this feelings.... Crystal thought as she got ready for work. A few weeks had gone since Michael asked her to lunch. She found herself thinking about him more than normal. Even though she wanted to be really close to him, she resolved to do the opposite. She didn't want to go through the heartbreak that was bound to happen if they entered a relationship. Like they say 'once a player; always a player.

She arrived the office about ten minutes late and quickly got on with the days activities. Soon Kelly popped in

"hi girl" she greeted cheerily settling herself on one of the chairs.

Crystal looked at her friend closely. It seemed as if she had this glow around her "what's with the radiant look this morning" she asked her

"its obvious isn't it?" Kelly smiled

"what is obvious?" Crystal looked confused

"OMG... Crystal he proposed... we are getting married in a month" kellys eyes seemed to shine brighter

Crystal did a semi-crazed dance in her office and pulled her friend for a hug " am so happy for you dear ...this means we have a wedding to plan"

"yes oo and I really need your help making sure that everything is right"

"of course. You don't need to ask. I will gladly help you"

"Before I forget, you are my chief bridesmaid"

"awww... Thanks for the honour" she hugged her again

"what else were you expecting. Your my best friend, there is no better person to do it. Anyways I will see you after work"

Crystal felt really happy for her friend but that didn't stop the little pang of jealousy she felt. She hoped to settle down soon too although she was yet to meet her Mr right. Sighing she threw herself into work. Soon someone knocked on her door. What's with all the disturbances today..

"come in"

"hi pretty" Michael gave her one of his mind blowing smiles

Crystal felt a little fluttering in her stomach though she kept her face neutral " good afternoon sir, how can I help you?"

"please drop the formality. Its just Michael and I brought you lunch" he was still smiling

What's with this man? dosen't he ever give up or is he too blind to see the handwriting on the wall. "oh thanks but am not hungry. Am too busy right now"

"I appreciate your zeal. But am the boss and am saying we take off sometime to eat. Just 30 minutes" he tried to convince her

"am really sorry but am busy" Crystal looked away. She didn't want to feel guilty

"is it so bad that I want to spend time with you" he dropped the lunch bag on her table and turned to leave.

Crystal clamped her legs together to keep from running after him and asking him to stay with her. She felt it was best they stayed away from each other

Michael wondered why the pretty lady he had his eyes on kept rejecting him despite his numerous attempts to spend time with her. He couldn't recall being rejected like this before. Ladies actually try to woo him not the other way round. He wondered if Crystal didn't consider him handsome enough to spend her time with him. One thing he was certain of was that she was driving him crazy.

Sighing, he pushed away his lunch. He had lost his appetite. Oh God please help me.. He groaned placing his head in his desk. Why did he have to feel such intense feelings for a stubborn girl.

Her stubborn attitude didn't deter him at all. Before he knew it, he was at the door of Kelly's office. He wanted to tell her how serious he was about her friend so she could help him. Since he met her through his best friend, she had always had this match making vibe around her. He really hoped Crystal's rejection had nothing to do with his past reputation as a playboy.

"Kelly" he entered

"Michael hi.. What brings you here?" Kelly showed him to a seat.

"I need your help" he began then stopped, choosing his words carefully he continued "I like your best friend Kelly, I really do. But she wouldn't even spend five minutes with me or allow me get to know her better. It seems as though she is repulsive to my presence" he looked frustrated "I know I have not been the best of persons in the past, but I have changed and if she could spend a little time with me, she would see it" he ran his hands over his face "you are her best friend and I know you can help me talk to her"

To say Kelly was amazed was to put it mildly. Her fiancee's friend had never been flustered because of a woman before. Her friend had accomplished a great feat. But she didn't know whether to believe his change or not..when it came to Michael and women, one couldn't be so sure. "I love my best friend and I don't want her getting hurt. No offence but hurting women is your specialty. How do I know you have really changed?"

Michael let out a tired sigh "am really sorry about my past but that guy isn't here anymore. If you can't talk to her then help me get sometime with her" he pleaded desperately

Kelly was quiet for a while. If Michael had come all the way to her office because of a girl, that meant he was serious "I will help you but whatever you do, don't hurt her" she tried to look mean

Michael almost laughed because of how hard she was trying to look mean but thought against it. As if Kelly had a mean bone in her body. Still yet he didn't come this far just so he could hurt Crystal " I promise I won't. Thank you" he got up to leave.

He stopped for a moment at her door wondering if he should ask about that other guy he saw with Crystal. But on a second thought he walked out. He had faith that if he could spend time with her, he could convince her to go out with him somehow, regardless of who she was involved with.

A/N; hey guys, new story part is up.. Michaels in a twist now. Lol. How are u guys liking this story so far? New story part will be up on Sunday. Visit blog to read next chapters; www.cleanromancestories..com

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2020
CHAPTER TEN

With all the wedding preparations, crystal didn't know when the month sped by. The wedding was already here. Crystal advised her friend to get enough rest promising to wake her up bright and early the next day. True to her word, she woke Kelly up as early as five am so they could say their prayers together and then make sure everything was in place.

When the make-up artist arrived, crystal shooed Kelly to her room to get ready. By 10am they were already at the church. With the way Kelly was griping her hand she was sure she would end up with blisters.

"crys am nervous'' Kelly was still squeezing her hand

'hey...its okay to be nervous. Infact I would be surprised if you weren't nervous. When you get in there just focus on the face of your man, trust me every other face would drift away" crystal assured her

"thank you for everything... Your the best friend anyone could ask for" tears threatened to spill from kelly's eyes.

"there there... no crying or you would soil your makeup" crystal sniffed to hide her tears as she hugged her friend

"now we better get down before your hubby comes looking for you himself"

Kelly laughed and allowed Crystal to help her down from the car before taking her father's hand.

As crystal walked up the aisle behind the bride, she couldn't help but think the best man looked really familiar. An uncomfortable feeling of been watched overwhelmed her as they got nearer.

When she got close enough to the see the best man face she nearly fainted. How could Michael of all people in the world be the best man? This was clearly Kelly's doing, she would never stop playing matchmaker. She would deal with her later. Right now she had to figure out a way of escaping his company especially at the wedding party where they were meant to dance together.

Why did he have to look so handsome... crystal watched him discreetly, when she thought he was not looking her way. Soon the ceremony began and a lot of people could be seen sniffing into their handkerchiefs as the couple took their marriage vows.

After taking as many pictures as possible, everyone headed to the party venue. Crystal made sure she always had something doing to avoid communication with Mr. handsome. When it was time for the bridal dance, crystal wanted to disappear. Left with nothing else to do she sneaked off to find a perfect hiding spot to rest.

It wasn't up to twenty minutes when someone interrupted her bliss "you really don't know how to hide' he teased

"whoever said I was hiding?" she flipped her hair over her shoulder and lifted her glass to her lips to stop them from trembling

"look at me here thinking you were avoiding me" Micheal clutched his chest in mock surprise

When he saw she wasn't going to laugh, he continued " so... can I have this dance?" he stretched out his hand

Crystal knew that the chief bridesmaid will have to dance with the best man so it was either now or later. "sure" she took his hand.
Michael felt his heartbeat increase as he led her to the dance floor. This was the closest he had ever been with her and he didn't want to ruin it. Moreover he still had to get her to go out with him.

As he gently placed his hand on her waist he felt her stiffen underneath his touch " hey relax, am not going eat you' he chuckled then he leaned down close to her ear and whispered "at least not yet" she shivered slightly and he felt like kissing her there and then but he had to control himself lest he scare her away.

Few seconds into the dance he stopped. They were both too tensed to dance freely and he came up with a plan " since you don't want to dance with me, let me make you a deal"

"what deal?'' she asked warily

'you go out on a date with me this Friday and we forget about dancing today' Michael held his breath awaiting her answer
Crystal speedily nodded her head. She would do anything to flee his presence. After all it was just a date which would hopefully be the last

'thank you, you won't regret it' Michael was saying but crystal had already hurried away.

It was when crystal got home that the full impact of her choice dawn on her. She couldn't believe she agreed to go out on a date with someone she liked but wanted to avoid at all cost. It was clear now that she was officially a goner anytime he was near her. There was no backing out now, she had to get ready for Friday. At least she still had a week to prepare.

A/N; Hey guys.. Chapter 10 of our ongoing love story series is already up.. Things are getting exciting right? How do u think their date will go? Next part will be up on Wednesday. Meanwhile u can read next chapters here; www.cleanromancestories..com

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
CHAPTER 11

Crystal was very nervous and on edge the whole week. She hoped the week would pass by slower. She really didn’t know how to face Michael. She purposely avoided him throughout the week and now it was Friday.

As crystal dragged herself to work, she imagined different scenarios of how her date would go. None of the scenes looked appealing to her. She busied herself throughout the day and left work earlier than usual. They had agreed he would pick her up by 7pm and at exactly the said time, the doorbell rang

Crystal cleaned her sweaty palms and checked the mirror again before hurrying to the door. She was dressed in a short but not too short black gown with v-cutting at the back. She wore gold heels to match her gold clutch with minimal make-up. Her gown was decent but still showed off her curves in all the right places.

……….
Micheal took out his handkerchief to clean his hand for the uptenth time that evening. He couldn’t understand why he was so nervous. Its not like he had never been on a date before. He had changed his clothes like five times before settling on the white t-shirt with jacket on top and dark jean trousers.

After some few minutes, he rang the doorbell again and the door flew open to reveal Crystal standing at the door in all her glory. To say she was beautiful was an understatement. She looked stunning. He lost himself simply staring until she cleared her throat, bringing him back to reality.

‘your staring’ she told him shyly

He smiled at her ‘am sorry, I couldn’t help it.. You look beautiful’ he told her sincerely his heart racing

‘thanks, you look great yourself’

Soon they were on their way. Micheal didn’t know what to talk about as he was still nervous so he slot in a music disk to fill the silence.

‘Oh my God’ crystal exclaimed  ‘I love this song’ she began singing along forgetting her nervousness. She turned to see Michael smiling and humming along with her. It was not until they got to the hotel were he had made reservations for them that conversation began to flow effortlessly. As they ate they talked about their family life and their upbringing. Crystal was surprise to find out that they were alike in many ways. They both loved reading novels, watching movies and most importantly, they both loved Jesus.

When she learned that he was a Christian, she decided that whatever he did in the past was past and she wasn’t going to let it determine her future with him. Hours flew by and soon it was time to go home. Crystal didn’t want to go home yet, she had enjoyed herself much more than she cared to admit.

As Micheal entered her driveway, he left the car to run idly and they stared at each other ‘thank you for…’ they both started at the same time and then burst out laughing, ‘okay ladies first’

‘now you remember that one abi?’ she hit him playfully ‘anyways I just wanted to say thanks for everything especially for convincing me to go out with you. I really had a nice time’ she stared into his eyes

‘no.. I should be the one thanking you for that. Maybe I wouldn’t have still been alive today if you didn’t agree to go out with me’ he joked and then turned serious ‘I had fun too and I would like us to do this again if you don’t mind’ he looked at her hopefully

‘sure I would love to’ she smiled at him.

Micheal let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding ‘thank you’

Crystal thought he was going to kiss her with the way he was staring. Though a part of her wanted him to, the more logical side was against it. When he bade her goodnight after walking her to the door, she felt a mixture of relief and disappointment. After she shut the door she leaned on it wanting to calm the raging butterflies in her stomach. Maybe her happily ever after wasn’t as far as she thought.

A/N; hey guys, here's a new chapter for u. Who else is sad he didn't kiss her? Lol.. Anyways next update will be on Sunday
U can visit my blog to read next chapters www.cleanromancestories..com

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
CHAPTER 12

Soon they fell into a particular rhythm. They would have lunch together at the office, go on dates on friday nights and go to church together on Sundays. It has been six months since their first date and Crystal never regretted going on that date with him.

She was crazily in love with him and she believed he loved her too. He was the best boyfriend anyone could ask for and her life couldn't be more perfect.

What exactly did I do to deserve him... She wondered as her eyes landed on the recent bouquet of roses he got her. He knew she loved flowers so he sent them regularly.

Work had even started to get more interesting due to a certain someone. Glancing at the clock, she realized it was already noon. She had better be on her way.

"Hi babe" she entered his office

Michael smiled as he came around his desk to peck her cheeks "hi yourself"

"Are you ready for lunch?"

"sure, let me get my jacket"

When they got to the restaurant they settled down as a pretty waitress approached them

"hello sir.. What would you like to order" the waitress batted her fake eye lashes at him

"we would have pasta. Thank you" crystal spoke up in an icy tone

"and you sir?" the waitress ignored Crystal

Micheal struggled not to laugh "Same as the lady" he told her in a dismissive tone.

The waitress huffed in anger at his lack of interest and walked away making sure to increase the sway of her hips.

As soon as she left, Micheal burst out laughing "jealous much?" he teased Crystal

Crystal rolled her eyes in anger. As if the waitress had anything to be jealous of. But deep down in her heart she knew she was jealous. Micheal received far too much attention from the ladies. They were either trying to get his attention from afar or flirting boldly with him.

When they initially started dating, it really frustrated her but it didn't faze her that much again. She was slowly accepting it, especially after seeing that Micheal barely looked at them. He had always assured of her of his love whenever he noticed she was jealous.

Soon their order arrived and Crystal dug in quickly, she was very hungry. Few minutes later, Micheal spoke up " I have been thinking about our date this Friday and I want us to do something different" he looked thoughtful

"different... Like what" she reached for her drink

Micheal met her eyes "I want to cook for you"

Crystal nearly choked on her wine " you want to cook for me? why? I don't mind us going out"

"I know. But I have wanted to take care of you ever since I met you. And that includes cooking for you. I have just been too nervous to do it, but I want to do it now" his eyes held a certain kind of passion meant only for her

Crystal felt overwhelmed with emotions. He had a way making her feel cherished even without touching her "you know I love you right" she took his hand from across the table

Micheal nodded and squeezed her hand "eat up before your food get cold" he told her

Micheal didn't want to lie to himself, he was nervous. This was the first time he would cook for a woman. He hadn't really bothered before but Crystal was different. He had this primal urge to take care of her and he would be damned if didn't do just that. He wondered if she would like his little surprise.

At six the door bell rang. Micheal opened the door and stepped aside to let her in, the he hugged her. She was wearing his favourite perfume "you smell nice and look..." he stopped and ran his eyes over her frame "and look ravishing" he smiled at her

Crystal tried to step out of his embrace to hide her embarrassment but he wouldn't hear of it. Instead he pulled her closer and placed his face in her neck. He felt content just holding her and wanted to spend some more minutes like that but their food was getting cold. He stepped away from her and then took her hand, leading her to the dining table.

Crystal gasped as soon as the dinning table came into view. She lost herself staring in awe. The light was off and in its place sweet scented candles were lighted all around the table. There were several bouquets of red roses in the middle of the table. Her favourite dish was displayed on the table.

Micheal cleared his throat to bring her back to reality. He was glad she was pleased "baby this is so beautiful... You really outdid yourself. Thank you" she told him as she hugged him

"anything for you" he returned her affection "come on lets eat" he led her to the table.

They said their prayers and began eating. Micheal spent his time watching Crystal eat rather than eating... He really loved this woman, she didn't even know half of how much he loved her.. No one else could love her the way he did... Micheal thought at he moved to pour her more wine.

"this is really delicious" she swallowed a mouthful "I didn't know you could cook this well" she paused her fork midday to her mouth and dropped it "why aren't you eating?"

"Ohhh! I will eat later. Am having my fill just watching you eat"

Crystal shook her head and got back to eating. damn this guy.. He really knew how to make someone melt with flattery... Crystal thought as she tried to stop her fluttering heart

"you have something on your face" he told her

"really? Where?" she moved her hand to her face only for someone to grip it

"let met he help you" he offered

Crystal nodded and watched as he slowly brought his tumb to her face, never breaking eye contact with her. Her heartbeat sped up and the butterflies in her stomach went on rampage. His hand reached her face and he gently wiped off the salad cream that stuck to the side if her lips, rubbing his tumb over her lower lip in the process.

Crystal breath hitched in her throat as she stared into his eyes. She was mesmerized by them and couldn't look away even if she wanted to. Even though Crystal was inexperienced in the ways of men... She was sure that it was desire she saw in Micheal eyes. It was becoming hard to wait until marriage.

"better now" he deep voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

She nodded and averted her gaze. How he could still talk was a mystery to her since it seemed at though her voice was lost. He was really doing nice job controlling himself.

"hey lets dance" he held out his hand to her and helped her up.

Micheal led her to sway to the sound of the music as he brought her closer to him. It was a sweet love song from one of the Christian artist they both adored. He stared into her eyes as he moved them slowly not breaking contact.

Crystal had to remind herself to breath. Soon the music stopped but neither of them changed positions. His face that was merely few inches away from her began leaning closer. Without thinking she raised herself on her toes and met him halfway. As soon as their lips met fireworks erupted in her and the doorbell rang.

Micheal gave out a frustrated yet greatful sigh before stepping away from her to check who the intruder was. A part of him was happy for the interruption, who knew how far he would have went? He shook his head.

When he opened the door, his mind went numb "what the hell are you doing here" he asked hotly despite his fear.

Chapter 13

The intruder walked inside proudly and settled down on a chair before answering him "isn't it obvious? am here to introduce you to your son" she pointed at the two years old boy that held her hand

"what?" they both shouted but the lady was not done with them

"most importantly am here to claim what is mine" she looked pointedly at Micheal

This lady was really crazy to think that Micheal belong to her. Crystal knew she could handle a crazy woman but a child was a whole new scenario that she wasn't sure she could handle

"you have a son?" she glared at him

Micheal felt his heart squeeze at the pain in her voice. He didn't want to be the reason for her pain "baby please... I don't know what she's talking about" he pleaded

"but you know her?" she asked hoping he would say no

Micheal hesitated a little before answering her "yes.. We had a fling some years ago. But that was all, I have not contacted her since then.

Crystal held her head in her hands. She was losing her sanity. This was too much to grasp. Never had she expected any of Micheal's past whores to pop back into their lives and not just that, she showed up with a child

"I should go" her voice was calm, surprising even her

"babe please... Please don't go. This is just a minor misunderstanding" he begged

Minor misunderstanding indeed... It certainly didn't look like it... She thought as she grabbed her purse

"am sorry Micheal but I need to go think through everything. Besides you two need time to talk".

Micheal didn't like the way she was sounding.. He silently prayed this situation wouldn't cost him the woman he loved. He was helpless to do anything as he watched her leave his house...their house.

Crystal couldn't let them see how broken she was. She was ready to stay by his side through whatever huddle they faced but not this one. Taking care of the product of Micheal's promiscuous life was not how she wanted her relationship and maybe marriage to be. She knew deep down in her heart that things will change. Lots of things if not everything. It was only when she got to the confines of her room that she let her tears flow.

Micheal turned angrily to the lady "Lillian, what the hell do think you are doing" he looked really furious

"so you remember my name. Impressive" she clapped her hands

"you are more daft than I thought if you think am going to have anything to do with you" he spat

Lillian laughed like a maniac "Ohhh you will. Am sure of it.. You are too much of a gentleman to abandon your child" she spoke with confidence

"am glad you said my child not his mother" Micheal smiled evily "that's if he is my child" he watched her expression

A little fear flickered through Lillian's face but was replaced by a blank expression almost immediately.

Micheal continued "we will visit the hospital first thing Monday morning for a DNA test. Get ready" he stomped out.

He had to be sure the child was really before taking his next step. For now he needed to call Crystal and assure her that everything was alright.

The previous weekend was one of the worst Crystal had ever gone through. Ignoring Micheal calls was not as easy as she thought. It really took a toll on her because she was always torn between answering and not answering whenever the phone rang. She needed time to think. She almost considered him innocent due to the surprise on his face when he heard the news but she didn't want to be deceived. He had slept with the lady before so she couldn't rule out the possibility of a child.

She even thought of calling in sick but decided against it. It was not like her to skip work on the first day on the week. As she dragged herself up to her office, her headache increased. Maybe she would request for a leave. After all she hadn't gotten one since the beginning of the year

Crystal was just settling down when Micheal breezed into her office. She continued with what she was doing ignoring his presence

"Crystal..." he voiced sounded strained

"Ohhh hi..." she avoided his gaze

"I called your line the whole weekend but you didn't pick up" when she didn't answer he continued "baby am sorry about what happened at my house. I promise an going to sort out this mess. Please forgive me" he took her hand

Crystal snatched her hand from his grip as though his touch burned her "what's there to sort out?" she snapped " you have a son, is it too hard to believe? Just wondering how many more childern you have out there" she spoke harshly ignoring the hurt look on his face

She felt a little guilt at her insensitive words but it was overwhelmed by anger "look am not in a right frame of mind now... I need some space" she fixed her gaze on the wall behind him. If she looked at him she may change her mind

"what..what are you saying?" he stammered

"am saying that we both need time to think as this would affect our future in a huge way. And I would like to think without been confused by my emotions. So I would appreciate it if you stop calling or visiting me for now"

Micheal rushed to her side "babe please don't do this. I swear I will fix everything" he held unto her

"I hope you do Micheal, I really hope you do. But until then.." she trailed off

"no..no. Crystal please I can't bear to be away from you. We have been through a lot together" his eyes were red

Crystal forced her face to remain void of any emotions even though her emotions were scattered all over inside. She detached herself from his grip and moved over to the other side. When he didn't get any response from her he walked out.

Crystal watched his retreating figure with mixed feelings as tears ran down her face. She knew asking for space was the right thing to do. But that didn't make it any easier for her. She really needed to go on that leave immediately. She could'n't be in the same building with him.

A/N; hey guys, am really sorry I couldn't post updates last week. It was totally due to unforseen circumstances. To make up for it I posted two chapters today
Hope u enjoy reading them.. Next chapters are already up on my blog
Visit www.cleanromancestories..com to read

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chapter 14

After Micheal left Crystal's office, he rushed to the hospital were he dropped Lillian off for the DNA test. He was surprised to see that they were already done with the test.

"where is the test result?" he demanded

Instead of handing over the result Lillian walked up to him and pressed her body to his while trailing her hand over his chest "easy handsome... don't get all worked up for nothing" she said in what she thought was a seductive tone.

Micheal shoved her hard and she almost fell  "the result" he demanded a dangerous look on his face.

Lillian handed him the result and walked towards her chair with confidence. As Micheal skimmed through the papers, he felt his world crumble. The little chance he thought he had with Crystal flew out through the window. He couldn't abandon his child but he didn't want to live without Crystal. He didn't care if he was selfish for wanting to still have everything.

He turned and saw a triumphant look on her face. How he wished he could strangle that woman with his bare hands.

Oh God! Please help me...he prayed

A week had passed since he confirmed the child was his son. He had been totally miserable. He decided to give Crystal space like she requested and hoped he was not doing the wrong thing. He needed to figure out what to do.

The witch...like he called Lillian had not ceased to taunt him. She claimed to own him and demanded outrageous things from him. She even made several pitiable attempts to seduce him. To make matters worse, he couldn't bring himself to love the boy. He simply avoided him but gave him everything he needed.

Micheal was in his office struggling to focus when a thought crept into his head. What if Lillian manipulated the doctor? What if the child was not really his? He didn't put it pass her to bribe the doctor. He had swallowed everything without even questioning it. The more he thought about it the more he saw the possibility.

Infact looking at the child closely, he bore no resemblance to him. He had initially thought the child resembled his mother but now he was not so sure anymore. He could swear that he had used protection when he had sex with her so how did the child come.

He couldn't sit still again with all the thoughts racing through his head. His friend, Kelly's husband was a doctor and ran his own practice. It wouldn't hurt to retake the test, just to be sure.

Micheal called his friend and informed him of his predicament and arranged a meeting immediately then he rushed home to get Lillian.

"where did you say we are going?" Lillian asked with a frown. He had dragged her into the car against her wish

Micheal ignored her as he carefully navigated through the streets of Lagos. When he got to the hospital he got down and helped the child down. He began walking towards the entrance

"what are we doing in a hospital?" Lillian demanded

Micheal didn't even spare her a glance "we are here to redo the DNA test"

"what for? You've already seen the result" something about her tone wasn't right

"it dosen't hurt to be sure..does it?" He mocked

Lillian's behaviour added to his suspicion but he decided to ignore it. He knocked once before entering his friend's office

"hey bro.. It been long" Micheal greeted

"ahh Micheal its been really long"

"married life has really been good to you" Micheal told him

Kelly's husband laughed and sobered up immediately "what sort off mess did you get yourself into?"

Micheal sighed as he sat down "I don't know. Please can you do the test now?"

"sure of course. Is this the child?" his friend asked

Micheal nodded too tired to speak.

"just give me some few minutes" his friend told him as he left his office with the child.

Micheal paced the office restless. This was his last hope. Why was he taking so long? The door opened and he walked in with the result in his hand "congratulations man" his friend told him smiled.

Micheal stopped breathing as he hurriedly tore open the result. "yes!!!" he punched the air

His friend laughed "go get your woman buddy"

"definitely. I just hope am not too late. Thank you so much" he told his friend as he left the office. Lillian will pay.

As he matched angrily to the waiting room were he left her, he saw her cowering away in fear "you know.. You are a really good actress and your acting nearly caused me my happiness" he stopped and glared at her "what gave you the nerve to pull such a stunt?" he half-yelled

"Micheal I love you... Can't you see it. I have loved you since our affair and I couldn't just sit by and let you marry her. I had to do something" she was on her knees crying

"you love me" Micheal scoffed

"yes Micheal I do. We are meant to be, am sure of it" she told him

Micheal was sure Lillian had mental issues but he wasn't going to waste any more of his precious time with her "stay out of our lives.. Any day I see you around.." he left his warning hanging as he turned to go.

Lillian caught his leg "what has she done to make you as blind as this? What does she have that I don't have even more?" she sounded desperate

Micheal smiled and bent low to her level "firstly she has given me genuine love. Secondly she has everything and you don't even have half of what she has. Lastly am madly, hopelessly and insanely in love with her. The earlier you get that into this dumb skull of yours, the better for you" he shook her hand off and walked away without another glance.

A/N; hey guys, here's a new chap for you. Some women can be annoying ehh.. What do u think of Lillian? Next chap will be up on Sunday
Visit my blog below to read next chapters
www.cleanromancestories..com

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
Chapter 15
Micheal rushed back to the office to see Crystal. When he got there her office was locked and her boss told him she had taken leave for the next three weeks. He was scared. What if she had travelled. So many things had been left unsaid between them. Now that he had the real result he needed to talk to her.

As soon as he stepped out of the office building he raced to his car. He had to check her house. He was even surprised that the road traffic officials had not apprehended him by now.

When he arrived, Much to his despair, her house was also locked and the kind security man told him that she travelled just that morning.

The pain in Micheal's heart increased. Why did she travel? Couldn't she have waited a little longer? Why hadnt he found out about Lillian's scheme earlier? All this questions weighed heavily on his mind as he sat in his car tears threatening to fall down his face. He couldn't wait for her to come back in three weeks time, a lot of things could go wrong in that long span of time.

Then he remembered Kelly. Surely she would have told Kelly where she went. He needed to see Kelly. No matter where Crystal went to, she took his heart along and he had no choice but to follow.

Crystal laid her head on the car trying to rest. The journey to her parents house was not far yet she was totally drained. She could only attribute it to the emotional trauma she was in.

Micheal... She hadn't heard from him in days. How did he even survive without speaking to her because she was barely sane. How could he even stay away from her. True, she was the one that asked for space but he should have known that she meant the exact opposite. She just wanted to see him fight for her. Instead he choose to stay away.

She rubbed her head tiredly and looked out of the window thinking of how she was going to make sure her parents don't notice anything. She knew it would not be easy to deceived her mom. That woman had sharp eyes.

"Miss we are here" the driver pulled her out of her thoughts

"okay. Thank you. Here's your money, keep the change" she alighted the car as the driver thanked her profusely

She stopped for a moment to take in the familiar surroundings. She had really missed them. She kept her tears at bay as she made her way up the front steps.

After two knocks the door pulled open to reveal her mother "Crystal.. We weren't expecting you" her mom hugged her happily before pulling away to scan her face "sweetheart what's wrong? Why have you been crying?" Her mum asked concerned leading her inside the house.

Crystal didn't answer, she just hugged her mom tighter as sobs wrecked her body. So much for hiding it. Everything was now out in the open.

Mrs Jason didn't ask questions she just held her daughter as she cried wondering what had happen to shake her like this. She hoped it had nothing to do with Micheal. When her tears stopped flowing, she simply took her to her room to shower and rest while she went to the kitchen to make dinner. She was glad her husband wasn't home. He would have been so worried.

As she went around the kitchen making dinner, she prayed that God will give her daughter peace. She knew Michael couldn't be far from the reason for her daughters tears. Nothing other than love could make her daughter cry like that..

She still had her doubts about Michael. She approved of the relationship only because of how happy Crystal had been. The last she had seen Crystal that happy was before her sickness.

Mrs Jason rubbed her temples tiredly. Thankfully her husband was away for a few days. Crystal would have calmed down before he returned. Her husband loved his only daughter so much and seeing her in such a state may deteriorate his health further.

Mrs Jason watched as her daughter struggled to eat dinner. When Crystal was done, she parked away the plates and faced her. It was time to talk

"Crystal what really happened?"

Fresh tears poured from Crystal's eyes as she looked at her mother. She started from the beginning and told her mum all that happened. When she finished, she collapsed in her mum's arms too tired to cry out.

Mrs Jason silently comforted her daughter while thinking about what she just heard. She knew her daughter had acted rashly but it was not the right time to tell her that. She would wait until Crystal had calmed down before telling her.

Soon Crystal drifted off to sleep. Her mum tucked her in bed and stared lovingly at her. It pained her to see Crystal suffering like this. But she knew that everything would eventually be alright.

A/N; hey guys.. Here's a new chap. Sometimes to love can be so hard. Next update will be on Sunday. Meanwhile u can visit my blog to read the completed story; www.cleanromancestories..com

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
Chapter 16

"Aren't we there yet?" Michael asked again. He was restless. Being away from Crystal had turned him into a mess. He even snapped at his workers daily for no single reason at all. He was sure Crystal wasn't as half affected as he was.

The journey he had embarked on couldn't be put off anymore, lest he did something he would regret. He vowed to do anything humanly and morally possible to get the love of his life back.

"this is the place sir" his driver parked in front of a well fenced bungalow.

"that will be all for now. I will call you when I am done" Michael told him as he alighted the car

The house was really beautiful. The fence hid a lot of its beauty. As he rang the doorbell, he prayed for Gods Favour.

Mrs Jason was busy baking Crystal's favourite cake when the doorbell rang. She was about to wash her hands and answer the door when she heard Crystals voice

"I will get it mum"

"sure, thanks" her mum replied, happy that Crystal had gotten past her moody state.

Nothing prepared Crystal for the sight that greeted her when she opened the door. She stood by the door too shocked to move

"can I come in?" he sounded unsure

Crystals treacherous heart leaped at the sight of him. To say she was happy to see Michael seated in her palour was an understatement. She constantly had to remind herself to sit still, to avoid jumping into his arms.

They had been sitting staring at each other when Michael spoke up again "Crystal..." he trailed off.

Ohhh how she had missed his voice. After much thinking and lots of advice from her mum. She had concluded that a child was not enough reason to stay away from Michael. She loved him too much to live on without him. But she didn't call because she didn't know how to tell him. What if he no longer wanted her? She couldn't faced his rejection even though she deserved it for pushing him away.

She was glad he came to her parents house to find her but she was also surprised. He had not been to her house before moreover only Kelly knew of her whereabouts

"how did you find me?" she asked him

Michael was surprised. He had been expecting Crystal to yell and lash out at him but the reverse was the case. Maybe God had heard his prayers. Even though she looked tired, she was still incredibly beautiful to him.

"I asked Kelly where you were. She told me and gave me directions. But not before giving me an earful"

Crystal smiled. That was what Kelly would do.

"Crystal I...."

"why don't I show you around my mum's garden, its really beautiful" she interrupted him.

She wanted to postpone the conversation for as long as possible. She couldn't tell if he was in her house to finally cut off ties with her. Had he decided to marry that woman? Her heart squeezed painfully at the thought.

She was nervous about what he wanted to say and believed walking around the garden would help clear her nerves. She was ready to beg Michael if it came to that and talking outside the house will keep her mum from seeing her beg.

They strolled around the garden for a while neither of them talking. Michael's arm slightly brushed her sending shivers up her spine.

He thought she was cold so he removed his jacket and covered her with it. Crystal didn't mind, it bought her closer to him. She took a deep breath as he stopped.

"Crystal I want to apologise for all the pain and hurt I have caused you. The child is not truly mine. Lillian deceived us into believing her scheme" he stopped then continued " crys I really need you in my life, my life wouldn't have any meaning without you in it... Please forgive me" he was on his knees

Crystal silently stared at him as tears ran down her face. So the child was not even his. She had deprived them of precious time together because of one crazy woman. It was all her fault yet Michael was on his knees apologising. She needed to stop acting without thinking before she would lose something of great importance to her.

She needed to apologise. Nothing justified her actions. She choked on her tears and fell on her knees next to Michael. He held her against his chest to ease her tears

"please say you forgive me" he pleaded

Next update will be on Wednesday.. Visit www.cleanromancestories..com to read complete story

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2020
Chapter 16

"Aren't we there yet?" Michael asked again. He was restless. Being away from Crystal had turned him into a mess. He even snapped at his workers daily for no single reason at all. He was sure Crystal wasn't as half affected as he was.

The journey he had embarked on couldn't be put off anymore, lest he did something he would regret. He vowed to do anything humanly and morally possible to get the love of his life back.

"this is the place sir" his driver parked in front of a well fenced bungalow.

"that will be all for now. I will call you when I am done" Michael told him as he alighted the car

The house was really beautiful. The fence hid a lot of its beauty. As he rang the doorbell, he prayed for Gods Favour.

Mrs Jason was busy baking Crystal's favourite cake when the doorbell rang. She was about to wash her hands and answer the door when she heard Crystals voice

"I will get it mum"

"sure, thanks" her mum replied, happy that Crystal had gotten past her moody state.

Nothing prepared Crystal for the sight that greeted her when she opened the door. She stood by the door too shocked to move

"can I come in?" he sounded unsure

Crystals treacherous heart leaped at the sight of him. To say she was happy to see Michael seated in her palour was an understatement. She constantly had to remind herself to sit still, to avoid jumping into his arms.

They had been sitting staring at each other when Michael spoke up again "Crystal..." he trailed off.

Ohhh how she had missed his voice. After much thinking and lots of advice from her mum. She had concluded that a child was not enough reason to stay away from Michael. She loved him too much to live on without him. But she didn't call because she didn't know how to tell him. What if he no longer wanted her? She couldn't faced his rejection even though she deserved it for pushing him away.

She was glad he came to her parents house to find her but she was also surprised. He had not been to her house before moreover only Kelly knew of her whereabouts

"how did you find me?" she asked him

Michael was surprised. He had been expecting Crystal to yell and lash out at him but the reverse was the case. Maybe God had heard his prayers. Even though she looked tired, she was still incredibly beautiful to him.

"I asked Kelly where you were. She told me and gave me directions. But not before giving me an earful"

Crystal smiled. That was what Kelly would do.

"Crystal I...."

"why don't I show you around my mum's garden, its really beautiful" she interrupted him.

She wanted to postpone the conversation for as long as possible. She couldn't tell if he was in her house to finally cut off ties with her. Had he decided to marry that woman? Her heart squeezed painfully at the thought.

She was nervous about what he wanted to say and believed walking around the garden would help clear her nerves. She was ready to beg Michael if it came to that and talking outside the house will keep her mum from seeing her beg.

They strolled around the garden for a while neither of them talking. Michael's arm slightly brushed her sending shivers up her spine.

He thought she was cold so he removed his jacket and covered her with it. Crystal didn't mind, it bought her closer to him. She took a deep breath as he stopped.

"Crystal I want to apologise for all the pain and hurt I have caused you. The child is not truly mine. Lillian deceived us into believing her scheme" he stopped then continued " crys I really need you in my life, my life wouldn't have any meaning without you in it... Please forgive me" he was on his knees

Crystal silently stared at him as tears ran down her face. So the child was not even his. She had deprived them of precious time together because of one crazy woman. It was all her fault yet Michael was on his knees apologising. She needed to stop acting without thinking before she would lose something of great importance to her.

She needed to apologise. Nothing justified her actions. She choked on her tears and fell on her knees next to Michael. He held her against his chest to ease her tears

"please say you forgive me" he pleaded

A/N Awnn poor Michael.. U can read the complete story on my blog
Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 9:11am On Jul 30, 2020
STORY OF THE WEEK

Story title; witching hour; Guardian Angel
Author; Em
Genre; Horror

Story description;

A post is discovered written by a missing person who would prefer to remain anonymous, stating that she is being stalked by her guardian angel and as a result has been listed missing for months.

What happens next?

Read complete story for free here; https:///uXEwtE5zbR?amp=1
Contact the author on twitter @girlwhowritess

Click here to participate in our free book promotion scheme; https://cleanromancestories..com/p/free-book-promotion.html

Happy reading!

Happy writing!
Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
Chapter 17
"Michael am so sorry. I know I should have been beside you in such a trying moment but I wasn't. I acted foolishly without thinking. I was blinded by anger. I know that is not enough reason but please forgive me" she spoke through her tears

"baby there's nothing to forgive you for. You did what anyone in your shoes would do. If I didn't live such a rotten life in the past we wouldn't have been in this situation now"

"Michael the past is past. It shouldn't have determined my actions towards you" she protested

"how about we forget what has happened and forgive each other" Michael suggested smiling

"sounds nice to me"  she kissed him briefly "I love you.... don't ever forget that" she told him after she broke the kiss

"I love you too Crystal... So so much" he hesitated and the put his hands into his pocket to retrieve a small red box

"babe I know you have always wanted a very romantic proposal" he laughed nervously as Crystal smiled through her tears

"I would give you that and even more but I don't want to delay this anymore" he opened it and Crystal gasped

"I love you Crystal.. You intrigued me the first time I met you. Crystal you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I want to grow old loving you.. Please would you do me the honour of becoming my wife? Crystal will you marry me?" he looked really nervous but he poured all the love in his heart into his eyes

"yes yes yes again... I will be happy to be your wife" she was still crying

Michael slipped the ring unto her finger

"its beautiful.. I love you" she held his face in her hands "so much"

Michael thought his heart would burst from too much joy. He felt something in his heart click into place as he sealed their promise with a kiss.

Crystal ran back all the way to the house brimming with happiness "mum.... Mum" she yelled

As soon as she sighted her mum on the front porch she hurried to meet her "mummy he proposed" she was out of breath but that didn't stop her from showing off her ring

Her mum's eyes moistened with happy tears "oh Crystal.. Its beautiful" she had no reservations against Michael again. His coming all the way to their family house was proof enough of his love for Crystal "my baby girl is all grown up now" she sniffed back her tears " come on.... Lets go inside this calls for celebration. As if I knew this would happen, I baked your favourite cake" she led them inside

Crystal felt Michael hold her hand under the table. She smiled at him and took another bite from her cake. It pained her to think that she would have lost Michael over such a trival issue. She had learnt her lesson. As far as she was concerned, nothing was going to ever come between her and Michael again. No matter the hurdles they faced, she was sure that their love would prevail.

THE END

A/N; hey guys, we've come to the end of our story. Did u enjoy reading it? Well I enjoyed writing it and sharing it with y'all.
Visit and subscribe to my blog so u don't miss out on all the new and entertaining stories I will be sharing there.
Follow this topic here on nairaland cos I will be sharing new stories here too.

Love,
Favour Pearly

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2020
Limited truth; a squad treble novel

Our story this week is a science fiction with adventures and twists that will keep you on your toes.

Author; Kay Bennson

Genre; Young Adult Science Fiction

About the story;
YOUR SCHOOL. YOUR HONOR. YOUR DUTY.

These words have more meaning than fourteen-year-old Cassie Routhier and her classmates can comprehend when a strange group called the Chi Rho Iota Corporation take over their high school. Suddenly, they are thrust into a state of the art war simulation that is supposed to prepare them for World War III.

It doesn’t take long for rules to be broken, for people to fight dirty, and for it to seem like something is amiss with the federally mandated simulation. Cassie and her squad are faced with discovering the intentions of the Chi Rho Iota Corporation as well as partaking in a war game that claims to be harmless when it’s anything but safe.

Nothing is as it seems in LIMITED TRUTH.

You can read complete story here; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DDJ8GYM

Contact author here; www.kaybennson.weebly.com

Follow her on twitter @kaybennson

Visit https://cleanromancestories..com/p/free-book-promotion.html for more info on how you can benefit from my free book promotion scheme
Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 10:06am On Aug 11, 2020
What The Gods Allow(fantasy romance)

Author: J.S. Frankel

Genre: Young adult fantasy, romance

About the story
Medusa, the Gorgon, is getting out of Tartarus--temporarily--courtesy of Zeus and Hera. Medusa's given two weeks in which to track down Eris, their daughter, and convince her to come home. Transformed into a beautiful young woman, Medusa has only one order to follow: not to use her powers.

Now, as Meddy Gorgonne, Medusa finds a home with Sam and Trudy Goldstein, a brother and sister team who live in Portland, Oregon, and Meddy tries to figure out how modern society works. Cars, showers, television--they're all mysteries to her.

An equal mystery is people. Meddy's initially naive about life and love, as she falls for Sam, who is slowly going blind and deaf due to an illness. While that's cause for concern, Meddy's powers also return. The police find out something strange is going on in their city, and time begins to run out for Meddy and her quest to get Eris to return home. Meddy discovers that old is new, and that sometimes, tradition can surmount modernity. But will it be enough, or will she be forced to return to Tartarus for eternity?

Read complete story here;
[url]https://www.amazon.com/What-Gods-Allow-J-S-Frankel-ebook/dp/B07V1T6R9M/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_10?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M59ZHGDF5955B0AYZWNN [/url]

Contact author here;
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007640056961

Follow author on twitter @JessSFrankel

Click here to see how you can benefit from my free book promotion scheme https://cleanromancestories..com/p/free-book-promotion.html

1 Like

Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
Vishnu's tears(fiction)
Author; Thaddeus Arjuna.

About the story;
A story of a tormented man struggling to find peace while hiding a family secret. He is visited by God in the Balinese Jungle and shown the wonders of the cosmos from a small ledge on his beautiful mountain. He discovers the last Balinese Tiger, Ancient Bushmen, and a lost temple, that holds a great treasure. A story of brotherly love and family struggle in the Balinese Jungle.
A spiritual odyssey of self-discovery and redemption.

Read complete story here; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FK9T39J/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Follow author on twitter @ThaddeusArjuna

Find out how u can participate in my free book promotion scheme here; https://cleanromancestories..com/p/free-book-promotion.html

Happy reading!!
Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Samakus(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2020
Favourpearly:
Vishnu's tears(fiction)
Author; Thaddeus Arjuna.

About the story;
A story of a tormented man struggling to find peace while hiding a family secret. He is visited by God in the Balinese Jungle and shown the wonders of the cosmos from a small ledge on his beautiful mountain. He discovers the last Balinese Tiger, Ancient Bushmen, and a lost temple, that holds a great treasure. A story of brotherly love and family struggle in the Balinese Jungle.
A spiritual odyssey of self-discovery and redemption.

Read complete story here; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FK9T39J/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Follow author on twitter @ThaddeusArjuna

Find out how u can participate in my free book promotion scheme here; https://cleanromancestories..com/p/free-book-promotion.html

Happy reading!!

Oh. The fine girl is here too? Mad oh
Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2020
Story title; Tales of Elhaanai
Author; Nicole P. Thomas
Gerne; Christian Fantasy fiction

About the story;
“We were supposed to die together, my love and I.” Faced with her imminent death, Alanna has a choice to make. Her life or her unborn child’s .

His sister, isn’t his sister. His father is dead and now so is his mother. His manipulative aunt and her maniacal son are out for blood. Alric is surrounded by evil and must find the strength to defeat what remains of his family.

Come to Elhaanai. Where Faith and Fantasy Collide! It is where Alric is faced with betrayal by those who should have protected him, where magic is discovered, created and coveted. It is where Faith will determine the outcome for all. Where Faith in the light or darkness is both the question and the answer.

Read full story here; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0874DYVJB/ref=nodl_

Contact author here; https://www.facebook.com/NicolePatriceT/

Follow author on twitter @nicolepatricet

Click here to see how u can benefit from my free book promotion scheme; https://cleanromancestories..com/p/free-book-promotion.html
Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
Don't write me off(Christian romance fiction)

This week am sharing a story I couldn't drop until I finished reading... Geez!! I could relate it to our reality as a country and when I say I learnt a lot, trust me I did. I hope you enjoy reading it too

Happy reading!!

Author; Glory Orah

About the story;
After finding out she's pregnant for the senior pastor of one of the biggest churches in New York, Caroline is forced to leave town and start a new life elsewhere. She moves to Nigeria, where she meets Isaac Luke. Love scarred her once. Will she give it a second chance? She had hit rock bottom. Will she rise again?

Read complete story for free here; https://my.w.tt/nAQE3BWrn9

Find out how you can participate in my free book promotion scheme here; https://bedsidestoryblog..com/p/free-book-promotion.html
Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 12:03am On Sep 11, 2020
"The Girl in the Red Cape: A Mystical Sled Ride"

Author; Suzy Davies

Genre; Middle Grade 9-12 years Fairytales

About the story;
Children hear stories when they are quite small, fables, legends, fairytales, that take root like seeds, to grow and flourish, deep within their hearts. Sometimes these stories have a secret subtle power in shaping their destinies. Brother and sister, Billy and Stella, compete in the Junior Race with their dog-sledding teams. All kinds of dangers await them, not least the wolves. Their step-brother, Tom, a solitary Inuit, has angered the pack. Queen Wolf is missing. The wolves will make good their loss or else seek their revenge. At the heart of this story, Stella, a rookie musher, is on the threshold of womanhood. The Girl in The Red Cape is running with wolves, dancing across the virgin snow. All alone, it's Stella against the wilderness. But sometimes an invisible power supports her. And she has her comrades.This child, now grown, will catch a dream ...

Read complete story https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GZJTCFH?pf_rd_r=7WWDF30AXZKARPA3TMYM&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee

Find out how to participate in my free book promotion scheme here; https://bedsidestoryblog..com/p/free-book-promotion.html
Re: Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) by Favourpearly(f): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2020
Story title; Balancers
Author; M.C. Alexander
Genre; Urban Fantasy Fiction

About the story;
We are taught revenge is wrong, and that those who do good or evil get
what they deserve. But whose job is it to ensure that such divine
justice is carried out?
Alessandra Genovese, tired of seeing the innocent suffer and the guilty
prosper, joins a secret group that speaks to divine messengers who guide
them to carry out acts of divine justice outside of the law: Balancers
But... a murderer is loose in the city. Will Alessandra and the
Balancers be able to help authorities stop the killing and catch the
assassin before another innocent dies?

Read complete story on Amazon; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D4Y2DD7
Read complete story on eBooks: https://books2read.com/balancers

Contact author here; http://www.mcalexanderbooks.com/

For details on how to benefit from my free book promotion scheme visit; [url]bedsidestoryblog..com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Penastory: That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed: Seducing The Seductress / Mr. Right? / Broken, Not Shattered... A Short Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 362
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.