Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71519 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by incogni2o: 2:43pm On May 28, 2020
Amberon:
When people say i get really surprised cuz I've never treated malaria in my life.

Where do you live.

If you have ever gotten sick, then i am sure malaria is likely part of the diagnosis.

Moreso , have to asked your parents?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by muazuk1(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2020
I had similar experience too after treating malaria, cold nd catarrh..i completely lost my sense of smell not taste. At first i was scared but later said Bleep it., "We die here" currently i feel as strong and healthy as i could ever be nd my sense of smell have come back although not in full sha..

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by emmytams(m): 2:45pm On May 28, 2020
Carchoice:
This one shock me. So you all were eating "anyhow" food the past days and not been able to tell if it was sweet or not grin
Don't be shocked. I and my wife just got our senses of taste and smell back this week. Omo, if u see my fear. But anyhow I thank God for recovery.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Kylekent59: 2:47pm On May 28, 2020
Period007:

Don't u have small sense,cant he suspect someone of been a carrier again using symptoms?

People like you criticise the NPF for illegal arrest without proper scrutiny.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by czarr(m): 2:54pm On May 28, 2020
bamasite2:
It is now hitting us hard in Port Harcourt here o.......

We hope in God!
Yes.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 3:03pm On May 28, 2020
czarr:
Yes.
I am at iwofe

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by dexla(f): 3:03pm On May 28, 2020
Investnow2017:

When you say you had malaria, did you run a malaria test? I am just curious please.

Yes I did and it was positive
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by domchike(m): 3:12pm On May 28, 2020
2 days ago my neighbor told me he lost sense of smell and taste of which I suspects Covid-19 immidiately
I believe that virus is not as deadly as portrayed

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Investnow2017: 3:13pm On May 28, 2020
incogni2o:
I think its cos the average nigerian has gone tru a lot.

Thats why the virus doesnt seem to affect us that much.

An average Nigerian(African ) has treated Malaria more than ten times.

An average European hasn't even for once.

Chloroquine treats Malaria right ?

Most people don't know that. I once had two expatriate colleagues that got malaria in Nigeria and went to the UK on vacation. They both died there in the UK due to the malaria. But a third expatriate colleague that was treated here of the malaria in Nigeria survived. This whole experiences I hv been reading just brought this to mind, something about explaining why Nigerian's are surviving this massively.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by bumeks(f): 3:16pm On May 28, 2020
For a week now I can't smell a thing and my thirst is zero...I was down with my malaria bf now and just recovered. I spray perfume in my palm and try to perceive it, but I perceive nothing.i mean not even a bit. Even onion I can't smell or thirst a thing. This has never ever happened to me bf. So this morning I perceived a little bit of my perfume and I was super excited

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Authoreety: 3:21pm On May 28, 2020
Lolzzz... So everybody in Naija had caught covid 19 and recovered?

I can't help but laugh, cos I also had same symptoms sometime last week... Anyways, I'm linking NCDC to this thread to come and have a field day by arresting y'all

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by easytech1(m): 3:21pm On May 28, 2020
I experienced same thing like 2 weeks ago. I sensed it was malaria then I had catarrh again. Knowing what's going on around town, I quickly bought drugs for catarrh and my regular malaria drug (LONART).
I sensed the drugs and the malaria fighting each other for full 24hours then it all went away.

My taste bud is somehow but I know the taste of all things I consume and they are still normal.

I had the intention of contacting NCDC if the bad feeling does not go away but I am better now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by xmasgift: 3:21pm On May 28, 2020
Hmmm...you can just imagine the little mercies we take for granted...just smell ooo!!!
bumeks:
For a week now I can't smell a thing and my thirst is zero...I was down with my malaria bf now and just recovered. I spray perfume in my palm and try to perceive it, but I perceive nothing.i mean not even a bit. Even onion I can't smell or thirst a thing. This has never ever happened to me bf. So this morning I perceived a little bit of my perfume and I was super excited

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by xmasgift: 3:23pm On May 28, 2020
Most people would recover fully, some recover partially with some damage to their organs and some die outrightly.
Authoreety:
Lolzzz... So everybody in Naija had caught covid 19 and recovered?

I can't help but laugh, cos I also had same symptoms sometime last week... Anyways, I'm linking NCDC to this thread to come and have a field day by arresting y'all
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by InductordeHenry(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2020
mine was horrific. I noticed this when i was excreting, couldnt perceive anything. food was tasteless, i googled, first thing i saw on the net was covid.
fear griped me. i used malaria drugs and fruits to take care of it. lasted for four days.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Dchameleon12345(m): 3:32pm On May 28, 2020
Plz what drugs did u take cox am aving these symptom for 2days now

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by AmazingELixir: 3:36pm On May 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Nigerians are made of very strong stuff. The sun in Lagos alone is enough to build strong immunity against coro

undecided undecided

I guess you are amongst the lot that came here to brag that Corona virus cannot survive in Africa and Naija because of the weather ....now you've changed the narrative to strong immunity even while the death toll is increasing...keep deceiving yourselves.

One of my female friend is just recovering from it , when I called her today and she was like I shouldn't be scared I should come out it's not a death sentence that it is like malaria and that I will get it and recover....I was like " are you high on something"

Me that have not stepped out since the Corona virus made land fall, office people have been calling me to resume, i don't even have their time...all my system is still very much intact and i want it to remain that way.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by MissEfe(f): 3:38pm On May 28, 2020
2 weeks ago
I was having serious sore throat, serious headaches,, and high temperature especially at night. Sense of taste and smell were gone and mucus mixed with little blood draining down at the back of my throat,
I treated malaria and typhoid,,, and I often giggle with warm water and salt...
Coupled with Iribotor soup, orange, mangoes and a lot of exercise to sweat out..

I'm fine now and every thing is back to normal... But I was very scared...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Seundrizzy(m): 3:42pm On May 28, 2020
Hello nairalanders....your lost of smell and taste is as a result of frequently wearing of noise masks....try use the surgical nose masks its more OK than those Ankara and home made noise masks.....and note please always wear noise mask in crowed places and not anywhere anytime please its unhealthical..I no nobody want die but fear kill people often in this situation the world is

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by willyjacs(m): 3:45pm On May 28, 2020
my bros is having same problem right now.... no smell at all.... Taste sense seriously impaired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by AmazingELixir: 3:47pm On May 28, 2020
Rodwave:

Covid19 doesn't infect people twice naa. Second wave is for those not infected already.

You got to know these how...this is the misinformation that keep derailing gullible folks, having gone through the experience doesn't make anyone immune, prevention and safeguarding oneself is the answer.

Corona virus is no chickenpox
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by PabloTehnyson(m): 3:53pm On May 28, 2020
hstar:

Exactly the way I felt, I've never felt such kind of sickness before but I recovered with self treatment

Please, What treatment did you use?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Richie6(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2020
Please let the doctors and health practitioners come out and help us to confirm all these.
We have NCDC and health ministries officials on nairaland.
The presidential task force on covid 19 must address us on this lost of smell and taste symptoms.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by nicerichard05: 4:06pm On May 28, 2020
LORDofODDS:
Well Last month I had shortness of breath and it lasted for like a week. It was very scary, I just followed online guidelines on how to sleep, seat and even breath. It was not funny though. The most scary part was those pop up ads in the guidelines that says call the health agency cus it might be Covid-19 grin grin

U probably had axiety issue. Check u were bother or worried abt sometin.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by KDOniyide(m): 4:10pm On May 28, 2020
Same here. My sense of smell is gradually coming back though.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Mikymiky0(f): 4:13pm On May 28, 2020
I'm here o. It started with malaria last week..i took malaria tablets and I've recovered but I can't still perceive anything. My friend and I can't perceive anything for 5 days now

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Authoreety: 4:13pm On May 28, 2020
xmasgift:
Most people would recover fully, some recover partially with some damage to their organs and some die outrightly.

That's your fvcking business... I don't give a hoot about d sh!t you just posted..

Covid19 kee u dia.... Onye ara
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Lynx001: 4:14pm On May 28, 2020
bumeks:
.it's lyk many of us have gotten dis tin but we don't know o. I can't smell a thing. I can't smell even hypo. Even when they flit our house with baygon I did not perceive it. It may be that many of us have this thing and we are recovering
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by bisoye11(m): 4:17pm On May 28, 2020
hope you people are not exaggerating?all these symptoms are projecting to Covid 19,dry cough weakness and short breath.
May God heal our Land.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by OKTolu: 4:22pm On May 28, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by toyin03(f): 4:29pm On May 28, 2020
TrueHeart365:
Wow! Me too. It started with malaria symptoms, then I couldn't taste nor smell anything

I've recovered though.

But it's a scary experience

My sister and I had the same experience. I was this close to calling NCDC but was stopped. I isolated myself for days and took Black seed honey. We are doing fine now. What's scary is one mightve contracted and recovered from this deadly virus without realising it.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Theevilone(m): 4:35pm On May 28, 2020
Op ur not alone , mine started with fever and later stopped and came up again with sour throat which later for days , i treated it with antibiotics and get better but the lost if test and smell is stil there till now anything thing I eat , drink is restless to me I can't even tell how any new perfume smell right now .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

Meet Bangladeshi Men Born Without Fingerprints For Generations (Photos) / 12 Years With HIV - Lady Marks World AIDS Day (Pictures) / Chinese Doctor Grows New Ear On Man's Arm To Restore His Hearing(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.