Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,244 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71468 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Onliie(m): 10:54am On May 28, 2020
So una dey here just dey confess corona. You dey hide from NCDC, abi. If the guy no ask now, you no go talk.

14 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by olajizz01(m): 10:54am On May 28, 2020
bitterpill:
The truth is that many people in Nigeria have already knowingly and unknowingly contracted and treated Coronavirus. Some people have also died. sad

undecided

The NCDC figures do not capture all of that.

Nigerians have moved on and left Corona behind.

We move!

True words,thanks to Almighty for making coronavirus a mere malaria in Nigeria and by extension in Africa.

HE has shamed our enemies that seen bodybag of Africans in their dream.

We will forever grateful to you GOD.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by martineverest(m): 10:54am On May 28, 2020
Zane2point4:
WTF shocked
Is this a coincidence or what?
My gf told me she lost her sense of smell and taste just yesterday, even her family but there are recovering now.
Whats happening, i never lost mine o,i use men's 211 pef, i spray almost everyday so i know i never lost mine o.
Scary tho.
avoid her for now.....that's a sign of Corona

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Sparkle777(f): 10:55am On May 28, 2020
This is to show that Coronavirus is real, I assume our immune system beat it. But not everyone will be that lucky, I'd say let those wit those symptoms isolate themselves.
I took the lockdown very serious, am yet to start going out. And from what am reading here, am sure glad that I did.
Let's keep safe.

15 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by McGg: 10:55am On May 28, 2020
Whiziddo:
Before The discovery of LOSS OF TASTE AND SMELL as a symptom of the Covid-19, I was Ill during Early March and I had that as symptom too. I also had Soreness of throat,a joint pains and a bit of fever but no cough which disappeared after some weeks without medications. So when I saw that WHO discovered loss of smell and taste as a symptom of the Coronavirus I was like ooh maybe I had it but my body fought it off.

I even thought that am the only one here

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by martineverest(m): 10:55am On May 28, 2020
Lollypee:
Same here mehn... Bn suffering this for a week now, just recovered from malaria but still can't smell or taste nothing. Based in Lagos
that's coronavirus...pls,stay away from ur parents
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by mummyson26(m): 10:55am On May 28, 2020
Same thing happened to me too few weeks ago
My temperature was high as 40, I had every symptoms of corona including cough and catarrh but thanks to my wife she treated me at home and after some days she and and colleague also experience similar symptoms but they have all rrcovoered

19 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by hstar: 10:56am On May 28, 2020
Eagle360:
When Rats/Wallgecko die in a corner of your bedroom, that smell sense you lost will be restore grin
Na lie I swear, dem spray out house with powerful insecticide of which on a normal day, no body will sit inside for one second without running out, I lost my tasting and smelling sense last two weeks and them spray our house with these insecticide I no even know, only for some to come inside the same house I dey and rush out instantly owing to the strong smell of the insecticide.

He now asked me that didn't I know the house has been sprayed, I told him I know perceive anything

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Ryan03(f): 10:56am On May 28, 2020
czarr:
its not a total loss of taste but a significant loss of taste.
mine was total o. As harsh as the smell of Gaelic and ginger, I couldn't perceive it. My taste was completely gone, I felt like I was drinking water all through, not even the slightest taste

13 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Emaprince: 10:56am On May 28, 2020
Be like say na wetin dey rain now be this o.

I can't even smell a poo if I bring it very close to my nose.

I can't smell my perfume when I spray it at my nose.

I was sick last week and. I have been worried. I am feeling ok now, butt still can't smell nada

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Osnuf34(m): 10:56am On May 28, 2020
Wow. Thought it was only me o. When I experienced it last week my first thought was that I don get COVID-19 even though I no go anywhere

I also av serious running nose and my sneezing was out of this world and it also last 4 a week. I Thank God I don recover

7 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by 3rdeyeNigeria: 10:56am On May 28, 2020
blaise26abj:
Wow. Interesting . About a week ago I fell ill and went to the hospital . After all tests they didn’t find anything so they gave me antibiotic .Then my wife fell ill . She was given malaria drugs and When my case wasn’t improving, I took malaria drugs too .

Then she lost her sense of smell and taste. Then I had slight difficulty breathing . When I took a deep breath, my upper chest would hurt. We were both down for a little over a week. I’ve never experienced such in my life . Family doctor said it wasn’t coro sha. Though we are better now .

Could it be something else was going around? Health practitioners in the house over to you

It was 100% COVID 19 symtoms. but you and your wife's immunity over powered it to submission. Good news is you cant get inffected again for life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CHOPUP411(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2020
Myself,my wife and my daughter,we all had the same terrible experience but thank God we have recovered

7 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Nobody: 10:57am On May 28, 2020
I had to login to Nairaland to comment on this topic.
Mehn this shit has been happening to a lot of people in Abuja . I was wasting my perform thinking it spoilt, Was pouring fuel and was perceiving it. I thought the fuel was not good cos my generator spoilt afterwards. Just had malaria symptoms a while a ago and recovered. Some of my friends who I’ve not even seen since this year complained about the same thing. This shit is now about have you recovered ? Anyway since I started taking one tab of chloroquine each night, I’ve been better. One thing I noticed is like, in Africa this corona virus doesn’t work the way it affects in Europe and the rest. That’s why the government can’t provide pictures of people in ventilators . You will be normal and feeling headache that you can’t explain. Your temperature sef go normal. Only the elderly go just dey die without showing any symptoms.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by frankson1(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2020
TrueHeart365:
Wow! Me too. It started with malaria symptoms, then I couldn't taste nor smell anything

I've recovered though.

But it's a scary experience

My brother very scary. I treated for both malaria and typhoid and I loss my sense of smell after 3 days. It continued for about a week and a few days. The recovery was gradual.
I believe that there are lots of people who are recovering in their homes.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by maasoap(m): 10:58am On May 28, 2020
Revolva:
It happened to me well and I am now back this was last three week men it started with a slight fever oooo

Take this drugs and it will be ok

M and B 33 tablet one tablet three times a day with 1000mg of vitamin C tablet

Then always eat fruits and eat ginger as well

It's. Not related to covid at all

What is it then? Covid-19 is asymptomatic in 80% of the patients and this loss of smell and taste is one of the symptoms that asymptomatic patients normally exhibit. The symptoms was noticed in USA less than a month ago.

8 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Glink2018(m): 10:59am On May 28, 2020
Maybe I should go and study on the cure of this COVID 19 so that I can be selling it for people. Because this virus will not go on time oh..like those doctors that can cure HIV, most of them don hammer big time.
So, I will come back to advertise my COVID cure herbal medicine
I must hammer this year.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Bixee: 10:59am On May 28, 2020
This is strange
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Ryan03(f): 11:00am On May 28, 2020
Onliie:
So una dey here just dey confess corona. You dey hide from NCDC, abi. If the guy no ask now, you no go talk.
I didn't even know it was a symptom of the virus, I was just scared cause I have never experienced such before. I went to the pharmacy and was given drugs and started recovering after about one week. My smell is still not back completely and I still feel sick especially at night. But its much better now

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Edopesin: 11:00am On May 28, 2020
I don't like where this is going, my bro had malaria symptoms and also complained about not being able to taste anything

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by tobeymichael16(m): 11:00am On May 28, 2020
I had malaria, suffered from mouth ulcer and lost my sense of smell. but I have long recovered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by konkonbilo(m): 11:01am On May 28, 2020
czarr:
Almost everyone in my family and church have lost their sense of smell and taste and recovered recently....which is a symptom of corona virus.

Are we all infected and recovering on our own?
after all there is a 98% recovery rate.
oga na malaria de do you.. Like 7 guys that we do seat together in my area had same thing including me, we're all fine now after we treated ourselves for malaria... No allow anybody give you soured zobo drink o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by hstar: 11:02am On May 28, 2020
Lollypee:
Same here mehn... Bn suffering this for a week now, just recovered from malaria but still can't smell or taste nothing. Based in Lagos
That was how it happened to me too, I lost my tasting and smelling sense couple with malaria, when I self treated myself, malaria left, and days later I regained my tasting and smelling sense, I'm also in Lag
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by LordOfTheGame: 11:03am On May 28, 2020
Ohh I've just been shaking it off of me since three days now. Been living fears for days now. Only this morning I ate something and got the taste. Thank you God.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by eleojo23: 11:03am On May 28, 2020
Edopesin:
I don't like where this is going, my bro had malaria symptoms and also complained about not being able to taste anything

@ the bold, grin

Don't be afraid.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by leonn(m): 11:04am On May 28, 2020
I had same experience two weeks ago, malaria symptoms which I treated later on last week could not taste no smell anything which I just recovered from, but the one dealing seriously with me is weaklo on my thumb am in serious pain....right now.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Seanmike(m): 11:04am On May 28, 2020
Even now i have lost my sense of smell and taste

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by azpekuliar: 11:04am On May 28, 2020
I did last week and it alarmed the sh*t out of me! Prior to that even if I have a severe cold with constant running nose I would never ever completely lose my sense of smell and taste. Never!

It is a defining symptom of COVID19 and is what distinguishes it from Malaria. I immediately started a cocktail of the following drugs;

Hydroxychloroquin (very scarce and expensive if you are lucky enough to find it to buy), Azithromycin, Zinc sulphate, Aspirin & Vitamin C.

I have also been taking a hot half-a-glass cup of lemon, garlic and ginger thrice daily.

It was on the third day of treatment I began to regain my sense of taste and smell and it has been improving daily. Currently I would say I have only recovered about 60% of my orginal sense of smell/taste.

Stay safe out there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by hstar: 11:05am On May 28, 2020
[quote author=yesloaded post=90043782]
You are not alone bro, many people had similar experience but recovered on their own

Best thing be sey make all of us dey boost our immune system with good fruits n veggies not drugs
That's what the foolish government and oloriburuku ncdc suppose they tell pple rather letting us private teacher suffer

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ajimotoke(m): 11:05am On May 28, 2020
Just recovered yestarday, 4 of my friends lost theirs too, it is well, but sincerely it has nothing to do with corona, I'm only suspecting that 5g of a thing they just activated in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by vincent6451: 11:05am On May 28, 2020
Well,I had these symptoms too.it all started with severe headache which lasted for four days. After it was treated I lost my sense of taste and smell,this also was treated. They both happened over a month ago tho

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by martineverest(m): 11:05am On May 28, 2020
mamaafrik:
My cousin is still battling itoooooo,what is going on,she still complained yesternight of bith taste abd smell gone for four days now.
stay away from your cousin pls.....that's the sign of corona

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola / King Charles Coronation: Elizabeth Nneka Anionwu's Role / Chinwe Chibuike Celebrates Her 25th Birthday With Sultry Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.