Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:24 PM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71161 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by famouscargo4u: 11:19am On May 28, 2020
I felt exactly same way. I could smell Nothing! That was about two weeks ago. I feel very ok and normal now. I guess I have overcome it.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by kponkedenge(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2020
czarr:
Almost everyone in my family and church have lost their sense of smell and taste and recovered recently....which is a symptom of corona virus.

Are we all infected and recovering on our own?
after all there is a 98% recovery rate.

Did you or anyone around you have a cough around the same time? Or was it just sense of smell you had?

If it is just sense of smell.....then it isn't Covid-19, it could just be the flu.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by chidex88: 11:21am On May 28, 2020
czarr:
Almost everyone in my family and church have lost their sense of smell and taste and recovered recently....which is a symptom of corona virus.

Honestly over here in Israel, I just recovered from that two days ago... It was a terrible experience to the extent that i inserted my finger into my anus and can't smell shit.... I thank God i have recovered �

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by HoliMaree: 11:21am On May 28, 2020
czarr:

When they say use nose mask, practice social distancing, people refuse. Get well soon, wish you all speedy recovery

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by HeadShot: 11:21am On May 28, 2020
Slyphil:
Before the first lock down started, I rushed through 2 different big markets in and around my state. During the first week of lock down I developed serious cough, terrible sore throat, that I can't swallow anything. Before I Knew it my 72 year old mum started her own and my 11 year oold son. I was scarred to death. To prevent others I cut onions and filled the whole house. I started boiling dogoyaro leaf and covering with it. I drank hot scent leaf water. I treated malaria and typhoid. After about 2 weeks all of us became well. As in very healthy. My mum recovered faster than me. Though she is not the sick sick type. It could be ordinary malaria but bcoz Coro in in town, fear wanted to kill me.
Wow shocked
Same happened to me
I stay alone in lagos though
It was the first week of lockdown..
Serious sore throat... Cant swallow anything even water... Lost sense of taste at some point..
I thought it was only me ... This thing has gone evrywhere

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Investnow2017: 11:22am On May 28, 2020
mamaafrik:
My cousin is still battling itoooooo,what is going on,she still complained yesternight of both taste and smell gone for four days now.

Another cousin told me her wife mum (who has vulture nose ) is suffering from such too,one of moderators family is feeling it too,na why he make front page.

Writing from where please?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by kponkedenge(m): 11:23am On May 28, 2020
Demmtek:
I am currently having something like cattarr and this headache started like 2 weeks Ago been treating Malaria since finished the drugs xterday but this loss of smells is really scary i spray my room with raid I didn't even smell anything wondering if the insecticide is fake

Bro, that's malaria, that's not Covid-19. If Covid-19 hits, you'll definitely know the difference. Don't let anyone deceive you that you just recovered from Covid-19.

In the meantime, keep protecting yourself from the real virus and practice your social distance.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by kasany(f): 11:24am On May 28, 2020
I thought i was in this alone for 5 days now i caN'T smell anything and i am preggo i dont know how anything tastes, like i cant tell if there is salt or not or if something is bitter or not , so i cant even crave for anything. i feel flu with the flu voice no mucus is coming out sometimes i breathe in hot peppery air but to breathe out is easy. ALL IN ALL GOD IS THE AIR I BREATHE AND MY IMMUNITY.

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by blowjohn(m): 11:24am On May 28, 2020
martineverest:
it's not Chinese doctor....u guys are asymptomatic carriers of covid

Take note of this though.
Aside my bro having loss of smell sensation, only I and my mum had itchy throat and cough of not more than 3 days duration. This ofcos can be taken to be just allergic rhinitis. And I also had itch red eyes

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by kponkedenge(m): 11:24am On May 28, 2020
bumeks:
Thank God am not alone in this... just perceived a little bit of my perfume today and was jubilating. It has been for awhile now but I am getting better already

You are recovering from malaria and not Covid-19. Trust me, when Covid-19 comes around, you will know the difference.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by blaise26abj(m): 11:25am On May 28, 2020
martineverest:
u believe the doctor?....that was corona.ur case is the more severe on this thread..protect yourself to avoid second wave of infection

I don’t know what to believe. I’ve always protected myself . N95 Nose mask, gloves, sanitizer and I remove my shoes and cloths as soon as I get home. I’m AS and I know when I have malaria. This was different . I had a bad headache and something that felt like malaria but it wasn’t the type I’ve ever had. So I suspected thyroid. When there was difficulty in taking deep breath , I just gave up on what it could be .

Thank God it is over sha. Scary though

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Ladyauthentic(f): 11:25am On May 28, 2020
OMG!

My eldest bro called me from Lagos to complain about same thing. He had malaria the previous week, recovered without treatment, then came the loss of smell.

I was so sure it was Covid 19, Chai! Was so scared.

Now many Lagos residents are complaining of same, that's a relief. Something must be going on.

Could it be that this virus has gone round? Or there is something in the water over there?

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ruggedtimi(m): 11:27am On May 28, 2020
czarr:

my father has been coughing for two weeks now. He seems to be recovering from the cough.

4 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by kponkedenge(m): 11:27am On May 28, 2020
martineverest:
many people are complaining about the same thing in my area

Where is your area
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by EzzyCarter: 11:27am On May 28, 2020
Sparkle777:
Where are those that says Coronavirus isn't real, let them enter this thread. Where are the 5G exponents, I dnt think most people here have ever seen the 5G masts.
Am so grateful to God that we fought it off, imagine if everyone wit these symptoms had died?
Remember, that u can always contact it again if exposed. Now for the recoverees, pls isolate and dnt spread it the more.

Aunty, there's nothing like 5G mast, the regular network masts you see around can have 5G antennas installed on them without any fuss. All the engineers need to do is mount the 5G antennas on an already existing mast, bolt it and connect it to a power source. That's all.
Don't expect to see any dedicated mast for 5G in Nigeria. By the time 5G comes into Nigeria (If it already hasn't) most Nigerians won't even be aware grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by frankson1(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2020
bumeks:
Thank God am not alone in this... just perceived a little bit of my perfume today and was jubilating. It has been for awhile now but I am getting better already

My dear, the way I jumped and started dancing in my room the day I perceived the fragrance of my perfume after taking it very close to my nose. It wasn't funny at all. This thing is real and we can get over it.

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by mamaafrik(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2020
Investnow2017:

Writing from where please?
Lagos
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by apexx4643: 11:28am On May 28, 2020
[color=#] 4717286[/color]
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by kbright911(m): 11:28am On May 28, 2020
VickyRotex:
If you feel/believe you, your family, and other people you know are infected with Covid19, whether you're recovering on your own or not, please isolate for the required number of days.

There are cases where people recover but still able to infect others because of the long incubation period of the virus.

Btw, I believe there are other things other than Covid that can cause collective loss of smell but if you cant test, then isolate as much as possible.

I love you already... You're a darling... An intelligent opinion

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Salvador1: 11:30am On May 28, 2020
Exactly I haven't recover from my own sense of taste and small pls op how did u manage to treat your own

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Princewell2012(m): 11:30am On May 28, 2020
czarr:
we've been isolated for over a month now....so no worries, the senses are back but one cant help but wonder.

I was treating malaria with herbal medicine, I just noticed that I couldn't smell anything again even the smallest odour. I was scared to high heaven. But I noticed I can taste anything and get the actual taste. I was thinking of creating a thread like this. But all of a sudden God heal me. I can smell very well now. Not like before even if you throw me inside pit toilet I will not smell anything grin
czarr:
we've been isolated for over a month now....so no worries, the senses are back but one cant help but wonder.

I was treating malaria with herbal medicine, I just noticed that I couldn't smell anything again even the smallest odour. I was scared to high heaven. But I noticed I can taste anything and get the actual taste. I was thinking of creating a thread like this. But all of a sudden God heal me. I can smell very well now. Not like before even if you throw me inside pit toilet I will not smell anything

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Phaedrus: 11:30am On May 28, 2020
Where's the 'Yet nobody knows anybody who knows anybody who has the virus' crew?

I keep telling people that the total number of cases in Nigeria recorded by NCDC is nothing compared to the actual figure. We have more than that number of cases in Nigeria, yet some people think NCDC is overinflating the figures.

14 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by bluediesel03: 11:30am On May 28, 2020
Sense of smell and taste is what I lose every year during raining season.....

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by dexla(f): 11:31am On May 28, 2020
I'm experiencing the same thing after treating malaria. The same with my sister, we both lost the 2 senses and we dont even know the real taste of what we've been cooking and it's been over a week. Some food taste really salty, some just blanch, yesterday I had sore throat and decided to get benylin for wet phlegm and septrin and this morning I could smell my damp clothe. I could just imagine if I didnt take a whiff of that smell and wore that smelly dress to office cry cry.

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Investnow2017: 11:31am On May 28, 2020
maasoap:

My concern is that, if many nairalanders are saying this, who are the people here still calling covid-19 a scam?

THIS IS THE BIG QUESTION. Time to thank God they use it to raise all sorts of unverifiable accusations. If half of those who have responded here so far were tested, you are sure the result won't return positive? Because you have access to one phone, the only thing you can write is SCAM, AUDIO. And this angers those who have lost loved ones to this pandemic.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Salvador1: 11:32am On May 28, 2020
czarr:
I haven't recover oo my own just dey worry me over a week now

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by rosy02(f): 11:32am On May 28, 2020
God will end this pandemic soonest.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by EzzyCarter: 11:32am On May 28, 2020
kasany:
I thought i was in this alone for 5 days now i caN'T smell anything and i am preggo i dont know how anything tastes, like i cant tell if there is salt or not or if something is bitter or not , so i cant even crave for anything. i feel flu with the flu voice no mucus is coming out sometimes i breathe in hot peppery air but to breathe out is easy. ALL IN ALL GOD IS THE AIR I BREATHE AND MY IMMUNITY.

Take loads of fruits and hot drinks (especially before you sleep) You'll be fine. God's healing hands are over you...

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by centboy123456(m): 11:33am On May 28, 2020
TrueHeart365:
Wow! Me too. It started with malaria symptoms, then I couldn't taste nor smell anything

I've recovered though.

But it's a scary experience

bro this happen to me I was coughing and I treat malaria but I was still sick I started drinking hot water and the rest now am better but am still coughing a little bit

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Sleekjunior(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2020
happened to me also but gradually recovering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

600-Bed Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center In Kano (Photos) / Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) / Photos: Checkout The Top 10 Heaviest And Fattest People Ever Lived.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.