Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. (336 Views)

Opinion: Our Leaders Are The Monsters We Made / Killings: Three Reasons Northern Leaders Are Silent – Shehu Sani Reveals / Edwin Clark: "We Must Show Respect To Our Leaders" - Gov Udom Emmanuel Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. by amaniro: 6:56pm On May 24, 2020
"Our leaders are not the only problem of Nigeria, we collectively as a people are the much bigger problem" .

By saying this, I'm not denying the fact that most of our leaders are utterly and fantastically corrupt. But I'm saying that we as Nigerians have a role to play in the various problems of the country. And we as citizens we have the veto power of voting them out if they fail their duty. Our leaders are not held responsible in this part of the world and its a pity.

First of all "our leaders" are Nigerians and they are a product of "The Nigerian society" I kid you not when I say our leaders represent 60% of Nigerians, an average Nigerian is criminally minded.

The major problems of Nigeria include : Ethnicity bigotry, Electricity, Infratrusture, corruption, Economic instability, Religious fanatism etc.
Corruption cannot be stopped but it can be reduced to the barest minimum. The problems of Nigeria can never be overemphasised.

when I was in secondary school, I was privileged to be the time keeper. I remember on one occasion our head mistress gave me money to purchase another bell, I bought the bell and a reasonable amount of change was remaining, I never returned it, I ate the money and told her that there was no change left. Now that my people is the beginning of corruption grin. I remember some two weeks ago a SAN Itse sagay said Nigerians are probably the most indisciplined people on earth. Truth. Nigerians are unreasonably stubborn and indisciplined

The way forward : We have to drop some mindset we have as a people. We have to acquire a perspective beyond Ethnic, political and Religious lines. We need to do better as a people for the advancement of this former Giant. Most Nigerians do not have transparency and integrity that says a lot about our leaders. Las Las na only us fit develop this country o so do better wherever you are. God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria. Cc mynd44 lalasticlacla seun I'd love if this hit front page

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. by Yobabad: 7:03pm On May 24, 2020
The Yorubas are the biggest problem of Nigeria. They can never be trusted. They are never here or there
Re: Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. by Benevento(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2020
Yobabad:
The Yorubas are the biggest problem of Nigeria. They can never be trusted. They are never here or there
Wailing is this ones purpose in life.
Re: Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. by Davash222(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2020
ZoneBs and BMC miscreants are our second problem after our leaders.
Re: Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:16pm On May 24, 2020
You are very correct,

It is so bad that even if the Leader decides to steal all the country's wealth, resources, budget, everybody's salary including the entire GDP,

The citizens will cheer him on and give him a resounding round of applause
Re: Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. by amaniro: 8:12pm On May 24, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
You are very correct,

It is so bad that even if the Leader decides to steal all the country's wealth, resources, budget, everybody's salary including the entire GDP,

The citizens will cheer him on and give him a resounding round of applause

I didn't say that.
Re: Opinion: Our Leaders Are Not The Only Problem Of Nigeria. by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:43pm On May 24, 2020
Let Buhari build one world class hospital

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wike (mr Project) Still On It. Road Construction Of Nyebuchi Close Epirikom / Uzodinma Unknowingly Pushing Okorocha, Ihedioha, Araraume Into Alliance / BREAKING: APC Names Ajimobi As Acting National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.