Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? (7720 Views)

Which Country Can I Travel To With #1.5m / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 25, 2020
I've noticed on similar threads seeking migration advice to Canada that almost everyone advises leave the country and I'm like "is it so good in Canada?

The only reason I want to travel to Canada or any other high profile country is to make far more money than I make in Nigeria.

Now, by the Grace of God I earn over 800k monthly with promising potentials for more. I'm 32yrs and planning to settle down next year, but with so many advises saying "leaving the country to Canada is the best choice", I'm so confused right now as per what's the best choice for me. I even watched a video where a guy living in canada said he spent upto 400k monthly on expenses.

So, I want to ask and need advise from anyone living in Canada. Would you advise someone earning 800k monthly in Nigeria to leave for Canada?

Your input is highly appreciated.

4 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by tyup(m): 10:37am On May 25, 2020
Scaredd:
I've noticed on similar threads seeking migration advice to Canada that almost everyone advises leave the country and I'm like "is it so good in Canada?

The only reason I want to travel to Canada or any other high profile country is to make far more money than I make in Nigeria.

Now, by the Grace of God I earn over 800k monthly with promising potentials for more. I'm 32yrs and planning to settle down next year, but with so many advises saying "leaving the country to Canada is the best choice", I'm so confused right now as per what's the best choice for me. I even watched a video where a guy living in canada said he spent upto 400k monthly on expenses.

So, I want to ask and need advise from anyone living in Canada. Would you advise someone earning 800k monthly in Nigeria to leave for Canada?

Well my Advice is don't worry, Chillax and calm down

that ur greed wee soon give you sense someday

13 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by heendrix(m): 10:39am On May 25, 2020
tyup:

Lmao grin grin why na
Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by dawnomike(m): 10:42am On May 25, 2020
Stay back in Nigeria for now and go for visits to canada on tourist visa... While on visitation, learn about Canada first hand by yourself to guide your decision.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Ope4Christ: 10:49am On May 25, 2020
It depends on what you want. Having 800k monthly income in Nigeria is a very good level of income but what about other indices that make one's life comfortable. Such include: access to good healthcare, job security, good income, seren environment, good education and future of your children, opportunity to bring your siblings and parents to Canada in the future, opportunity to own a Canadian passport that would make you to travel to over 150 countries visa-free among others.

Sit down as a man, count your cost and take appropriate decision.

However your expenses may look in Canada, the overall advantages you tend to get in Canada outweighs any advantage your 800k job in Nigeria can afford you.

If I were in your shoes I would find my way to Canada immediately.

19 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by mixratio(m): 10:57am On May 25, 2020
My own question is about your 800k Job.
Can you link up someone with a degree in engineering and years of experience for that job of yours or even a lower version.

What type of certifications are needed to land such jobs?

As for Canada, personally I don't have the urge to leave Nigeria just yet. Not that of I see an opportunity I won't go o, but it's not just one of my priorities at the moment.

I could go on a vacation and return but with this present salary sef, even vacation is a long thing

11 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 11:01am On May 25, 2020
tyup:

You can call it whatever you like, but it's certainly not greed. It's the natural default of everyone man/woman to aim higher.

8 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 25, 2020
dawnomike:
Stay back in Nigeria for now and go for visits to canada on tourist visa... While on visitation, learn about Canada first hand by yourself to guide your decision.

You're so wise, I'm going for this unless otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 25, 2020
Ope4Christ:
It depends on what you want. Having 800k monthly income in Nigeria is a very good level of income but what about other indices that make one's life comfortable. Such include: access to good healthcare, job security, good income, seren environment, good education and future of your children, opportunity to bring your siblings and parents to Canada in the future, opportunity to own a Canadian passport that would make you to travel to over 150 countries visa-free among others.

Sit down as a man, count your cost and take appropriate decision.

However your expenses may look in Canada, the overall advantages you tend to get in Canada outweighs any advantage your 800k job in Nigeria can afford you.

If I were in your shoes I would find my way to Canada immediately.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 11:04am On May 25, 2020
mixratio:
Can you link up someone with a degree in engineering and years of experience for that job of yours or even a lower version.

As for Canada, personally I don't have the urge to leave Nigeria just yet. Not that of I see an opportunity I won't go o, but it's not just one of my priorities at the moment.

I could go on a vacation and return but with this present salary sef, even vacation is a long thing

Anyway I am a business man

5 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by tyup(m): 11:29am On May 25, 2020
Scaredd:

You can call it whatever you like, but it's certainly not greed. It's the natural default of everyone man/woman to aim higher.

There's a difference with aiming high

urs is greed

11 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by tyup(m): 11:34am On May 25, 2020
mixratio:

Just like the other thread I created I have the opportunity to relocate to Canada but man ion see any fantasy going abroad as at now. Friends, family abroad usually talk about being cautious with ur activities to avoid being Deported anyhow. imagine being billed $500bill for driving too slow grin

there are lotta way to make it even big in this country that's if one can take at what it means to

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Memberclub(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2020
Go as a tourist first.
Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by nhurhetee(m): 11:48am On May 25, 2020
Scaredd:

Dat ur bizz good o. 800k monthly! Abeg na whc kind?

7 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 25, 2020
tyup:

There's a difference with aiming high

urs is greed

Another nincompoop...

7 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 25, 2020
Memberclub:
Go as a tourist first.

Good advice.
Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by MiamiePizza(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2020
Op, my advice will be short and straight forward. Go to Canada, have a better life, if not for you let it be for your unborn children they will thank you.
Believe me even people earning 1m in Nigeria now are still suffering. Go were there is security for your life and that of your children, where its easier to rise to a position of a manager without cutting corners and paying bribes.
Reason well and make your choice.

11 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Cyberknight: 12:24pm On May 25, 2020
Scaredd:

Stay back in Nigeria if all you want is "far more money".

You need to be able to express your standard of living in Nigeria (which at 10m p.a. places you in the top 10% of earners in a country where 60% are below the poverty line, allows you to buy a secondhand car at say 3.5 m every 3 years or so, to pay maybe 1m in rent annually, and so forth) with what you can get in a developed country, and your chances of taking home after tax an amount that will place you in the top 10% income bracket in a developed country where the credit economy allows you to buy most of what we see as status symbols in Nigeria are not high.

You need to earn about $135,000 to be in the top 10% in Canada. The internet can tell you more about what kind of business or employment you need to take up to earn that.

If you dont want to emigrate to a developed country to enjoy a better quality of life, you should stay back.

8 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 25, 2020
Cyberknight:

Stay back in Nigeria if all you want is "far more money".

You need to be able to express your standard of living in Nigeria (which at 10m p.a. places you in the top 10% of earners in a country where 60% are below the poverty line, allows you to buy a secondhand car at say 3.5 m every 3 years or so, to pay maybe 1m in rent annually, and so forth) with what you can get in a developed country, and your chances of taking home after tax an amount that will place you in the top 10% income bracket in a developed country where the credit economy allows you to buy most of what we see as status symbols in Nigeria are not high.

You need to earn about $135,000 to be in the top 10% in Canada. The internet can tell you more about what kind of business or employment you need to take up to earn that.

If you dont want to emigrate to a developed country to enjoy a better quality of life, you should stay back.

Very insightful, thanks for your time

1 Like

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by sexylassie2(f): 12:49pm On May 25, 2020
You earn 800k per month and potential to earn more in Nigeria

Why move to Canada to start again?

Your are top of the crowd here why go to lower your status in a place where you are not guaranteed of success.

With your money you could go for holiday in different part of the world when you are free, enjoy life and see the world, refresh yourself, then come back with different ideas and energy to move your biz or whatever you doing in naija to the next level.

17 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by EDGEof2MORO: 1:26pm On May 25, 2020
Please move to Canada and don't look back. If you're single and have a lazy fiancée/gf leave her in Nigeria and get a better partner in Canada.

This thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5857711/wife-trying-ruin-career-within

and many more like it littered all over NL, is the reason for my second statement. We don't want you to open a new NL profile to pour out your frustration and later deactivate it.

You're 32 years old, doing well in Nigeria even under the present circumstances. Can you imagine your potential when you apply yourself in a more stable society?

My concern is that age may not be on your side going by the present express entry draws for Canadian immigration, but it's worth the shot. Go for it!

5 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 25, 2020
EDGEof2MORO:
Please move to Canada and don't look back. If you're single and have a lazy fiancée/gf leave her in Nigeria and get a better partner in Canada.

This thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5857711/wife-trying-ruin-career-within

and many more like it littered all over NL, is the reason for my second statement. We don't want you to open a new NL profile to pour out your frustration and later deactivate it.

You're 32 years old, doing well in Nigeria even under the present circumstances. Can you imagine your potential when you apply yourself in a more stable society?

My concern is that age may not be on your side going by the present express entry draws for Canadian immigration, but it's worth the shot. Go for it!

Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by TrueNigerian300: 1:58pm On May 25, 2020
Oga, Oga, Oga....
How many times did I call you?���Smh!!!
On a more serious note I like the fact that you are sincere with yourself; that what you are looking for is more money. Now just to be cleared with you it is easier to make money in Nigeria than any of the so called developed countries Canada included. The only thing that is hard like hell in Nigeria is to break even and for someone earning 800k a month with potential of earning more has definitely broken even in Nigeria. You are in the top 10% and you can live like a king in your own little way with that money.Nigeria being a lawlessness country only favour the rich and getting richer too is really easy i like said compared to the western world.

Now just so you know you are equivalent to someone in the top 20% in Canada when looking at Purchasing Power Parity(PPP) don't be fooled by the exchange rate. You have what can be considered a very good job anywhere in the world in the Nigeria context. Just so you know there is no where in the world where it is easy to get this kind of job that you have. Less than 15% of any nation have such job - again I am not talking exchange rate here but standard by each country and never be fooled by the exchange rate. Over 40% of Americans can't cover $400 emergency expense. That tells you how hard it is to make money in the developed world. I can authoritatively tell you that you live a better live than 90% of Nigerians that live in the so called developed countries. Most of them are struggling they live in cubicles just to send money home to have what you can easy get right now with your salary.

Finally, ask yourself a question why do all Nigerian billionaires or almost all of them live in Nigeria? The richest Nigerians live in Nigeria and it is for one reason it is the best place to live if you have money and the worst place to live if you are poor. Only poor Nigerians or average Nigerians are obsessed with abroad. The rich ones know whatsup and they are aware that they are better off with their money living in Nigeria.

So since you are looking for money just stay in Nigeria and if you must leave make sure you get a very good offer before leaving Nigeria. Don't go to Canada and start struggling for the kind of job of you have in Nigeria. The chance that you will get that kind of job in Canada is 0.1 except you are in the IT or some highly demanding fields. Enjoy your large life style in Nigeria don't go and start living in cubicles in Canada. That is stupidity if you ask me.

Use your brain!!!!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Gshun: 2:13pm On May 25, 2020
Scaredd:

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Gshun: 2:19pm On May 25, 2020
Ask me why u shd do this? For your unborn child. U can start the process and secure the move then relocate when u are ready. Believe me i knw people who earn far more and are ready to buy their way out of this shit hole. Your kids would be forever grateful

[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Coolabbie: 2:33pm On May 25, 2020
Jojoseph RaptorX
Please come advise this op
Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Petyprincess(f): 2:38pm On May 25, 2020
If it's just to earn more money then its advisable to sit your ass down!!
The same Canada that my bestfriend is earning 2000CAD per month which converted isn't up to what you even earning currently! You d be surprised you living far better than those living in Canada.
Most of them live in a shared apartment with roommates so dnt be deceived although no one will tell you bt that's the reality! If it's for your sanity then its still recommended bt earning more that can't be guaranteed!

Better still take a leave at work travel out nd see life yourself in Canada b4 relocating nd leaving your high paying job.

10 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Zannx(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2020
1. you would be more successful over there..
2. Experience a different life all together and for 3. the sake of your unborn kids
4. with the rate this country is going..I can't say for the future
5. see the foreign part you (trust me..this country is not worth living

5 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Resees: 3:07pm On May 25, 2020
tyup:

[right][/right]
Lol
Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Resees: 3:09pm On May 25, 2020
Scaredd:

You make 800k and want to move to Canada.? You are joking right? That means if you put in more effort the 800k might double..Africans!!!

8 Likes

Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Resees: 3:14pm On May 25, 2020
Scaredd:

By the time a mediocre dumb white man will look down on you or call you a Negro and they half your paycheck to pay taxes for the government to use and feed illegal immigrants thats when you will grow some senses.
Re: 800k A Month: Should I Travel To Canada? by Clicked: 3:20pm On May 25, 2020
If it is to make money, then stay in Nigeria. It is easier to make money as a business man in Nigeria than Canada.

If you're concerned about your children, you can always go to Canada to give birth to them. Canada is like USA in that aspect. Your children will have Canadian citizenship if they are born in Canada.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

History As Nigeria Records First All-female Crew Flight / Nigerians Killing Each Other In South Africa. / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.