Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse (58806 Views)

Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by apatheticme(f): 9:36pm On May 26, 2020
LordKO:
Don't mistake strict parents for oppressive parents - offspring of the former always turns out well, especially if the offspring isn't innately insane.

Strict parents do train their offspring to exercise their liberty and live life within the confines of decorum. While oppressive parents do train their offspring to live life within the confines of their self-interest and wishes, thereby denying them liberty and, by extension, make them disingenuous.

Pseudo/wannabe libertarian parents, on the other hand, usually turn out to breed crass and expedient offspring, because in the cause of forming woke, they allow their offspring to live life and exercise their liberty on the periphery of decorum.

Strict parents are literally the true libertarians - strict parents are akin to conscientious parents.

Wow! Philosophizing philosopher!

I feel you!
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by apatheticme(f): 9:39pm On May 26, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

when you born your own no strict oo... go to hustle in the painful harsh Nigerian work environment, with angry bosses shouting at you, working you like slave, just to earn salary to feed and cloth some child, also watch your painful blood investment go down the drain without any repremand

Drinking Alcohol, smoking weed and partying doesn't mean you are bad or don't have home training , you barely explored your options like every teenager in college world wide mostly do, and you out grown it, it was a phase and you passed it .. I bet your dad passed it, even Buhari was reported by his peers to be a chain smoker and a womaniser

Now what I would call bad is if you joined a cult group, became a butcher, killed many people to count scores, completely abandoned your education and robbed, raped and molest people .. that's bad, not drinking and ruining your own liver, or tweaking your ass at the club just to get laid

Kudos to your father that instilled that fear in you, made you have conscience and sense to know what you did was bad.. many don't even have that guilt, Burna Boy's father smokes weed with him, his mother was a nude dancer with fella, he was charged to court in UK for stabing a teenager, still yet he feels absolutely no remorse and keeps doing stupid stuff, because his father and mother didn't make him see some things are bad as long as you make money they are fine with you

Good one!
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by Hathor5(f): 10:12pm On May 26, 2020
stormborn28:
it is a lie.. OP chose her path... any student who has reached SS3, I always tell them whatever they do is their decision.. If you fail WAEC, no come blame witch or one aunty for village.. Even my children if tell them this.. I don't have the time to monitor you 24 hours the moment he or she leaves secondary. Any outcome is his or her choice simple

That's the point. First you monitor your children like NSA and then they go out into the world and don't know how to make the right decisions because you never trained them to. There is nobody to control them anymore and in the absence of control they are out of control. Literally.
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by stormborn28(m): 10:18pm On May 26, 2020
Hathor5:

That's the point. First you monitor your children like NSA and then they go out into the world and don't know how to make the right decisions because you never trained them to. There is nobody to control them anymore and in the absence of control they are out of control. Literally.
it is like you are talking like a child.. A child is supposed to be trained in accordance with the right information and discipline until he or she gets to secondary school level.. Whatever that was impacted at the early stage should go with that child.. So if she or he eventually enters university.. Whatever decision she makes over there can either Mar his or her future simple... So don't blame anybody for your undoing
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by armyofone(m): 3:00am On May 27, 2020
True!!
You said it all. After 18 years old, whatever you do is your choice. Taking personal responsibility for choices made is one difficult thing many Nigerians find so hard to do.
The blame got to go round.

crackland:

All of that happened ONLY because of your bad decisions and the wrong kind of company you kept, it wasn't due to the style of discipline you were given by your dad.

If you had been involved in more profitable things like hanging out with the brightest students who spent their time studying and sitting at the front of the lecture hall, or perhaps you joined a religious Christian group and made friends from there, you would not have had anyone to drink, smoke, party, or do drugs with.

Your mom who wasn't strict, why didn't her relaxed disciplinary style have any effect on you?

Learn to have some personal responsibility for your choices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by Ayspark7: 10:31am On May 27, 2020
FeliciaOja:
It is now I understand what being strict does, it makes you live a life of pretence, cos when I got into University I wanted to explore everything  I didn’t have the chance of doing at home.

I drank alcohol like crazy, smoked weed, hung out with rich boys, partying, doing drugs but when I go visit my Parents, I still act like that innocent girl they have always known.

My Dad’s strictness led to my Pretence, if he had drawn me close like my mum did, I would have been a better kid.

When parents use strictness to shut down a kids curiosity instead of guiding them, you are making matters worse for that kid. Because eventually that curiosity will lead them into adventures and exploring all those things you refused them to..

Looking back, al the flogging I received from my dad only made me more stubborn and ruthless.

Nothing really changed? Until my mum made me change for good.

Parents need to use wisdom not force..

It's all about you and your parents also being strict and understanding with you at the same time... But you can explore by attending friends birthdays party, playing games with friends, going outdoors discussing interesting stuffs and so on... Not destroying yourself
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by Eastside22(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2020
LordKO:
Don't mistake strict parents for oppressive parents - offspring of the former always turns out well, especially if the offspring isn't innately insane.

Strict parents do train their offspring to exercise their liberty and live life within the confines of decorum. While oppressive parents do train their offspring to live life within the confines of their self-interest and wishes, thereby denying them liberty and, by extension, make them disingenuous.

Pseudo/wannabe libertarian parents, on the other hand, usually turn out to breed crass and expedient offspring, because in the cause of forming woke, they allow their offspring to live life and exercise their liberty on the periphery of decorum.

Strict parents are literally the true libertarians - strict parents are akin to conscientious parents.
I just love how you analyze things, very straight although filled with too many ambiguous words

Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by Eastside22(m): 2:05pm On May 27, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
it greatly has to do with the type of personality you possess...and most importantly, what interests you. many dont need to drink, party and do drugs etc to rebel against their parents authority. some will simply wear make up, dress in sexy manner, go to places that parents may not like or even listen to music their parent disagree with., to rebel... but at the end of the day, parents only want whats best for you.

you certainly doesnt need to DESTROY your health/life in the name of rebellion, thats stupid and only hurting yourself.
I totally agree with you on this, it all depends on the kind of personality one possess. I'll use my family as a case study
I and my younger sis were raised by our mum,lost my dad when I was 7yrs my mum tried so much to be free with use but it didn't stop my sis from misbehaving imagine someone at the age of 15 who already have a boyfriend very stubborn, she does all manner of things but me on the other hand I was just myself am not trying to say am a saint tho but most of the things my sister indulged in I never had interest in them
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by themanderon: 4:06pm On May 27, 2020
You were just a rebellious and a bad child. Nothing to do with your Dad. Thank God you changed for good.
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 21, 2023
Lexusgs430:
That was their style of control, but it was your personal decision to go wild......

Not all kids become waywards...... Once you attain the age of responsibility, you would have to live with the decisions you made.......
I like that, got 4 teenage nieces staying with us at the family house and with Dad gone and their Dad gone, one have to be responsible.

This is three years later, what form of approach should I adopt?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences / Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.