Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

10 Things Upcoming Artist Must Do To Be Very Successful In The Nigerian Music - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / 10 Things Upcoming Artist Must Do To Be Very Successful In The Nigerian Music (2069 Views)

Are You An Upcoming Artist ? Then You Need To See This ! / 5 Important Things To Do As An Upcoming Artist / Music Distribution For Nigerian Upcoming Artist To All Platform At A Cheap Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Upcoming Artist Must Do To Be Very Successful In The Nigerian Music by AfroCandidus(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2020
10 Things Upcoming Artist Must Do to Be Very Successful in The Nigerian Music Industry

In the well saturated music industry, upcoming artists finds it hard to climb the success ladder. Due to some factors, every day, more new talents are springing forth into music scene.

So, what are the things you must not and do to be outstanding in the Nigerian music industry? This article helped you answer that question, just read on.

1 Know Why You Do Music.
Clarity in whatever we are pursuing is very important and you can’t do without having clarity if you want to succeed in the Nigerian Music Industry.
If you want to be a successful, you must be focused. And to be focused, you must be clear about what you are doing in the music industry.
What do you really want? You can’t tell me you just want to be famous. Fame is one of the rewards, but that’s not enough reason to start your music career.
So, ask yourself “What am I doing in this industry?”

2. Give Out Value
Someone said to me “Lyricists and rappers are great preachers, so remember to talk about social issues, or something that we listeners can connect to.” This is someone who heard my song and advising me.
Value should be one thing your music has, else, you would just be making noise.
What message are you giving out through your songs? How do they appeal to your listeners?
Let your music be out to make impact and you are going to be successful.

3. Give it Your Best shot
As an upcoming artist, you may not have all the resources the popular and already big-time artists have at their disposal. But this is why you must maximize every resource you have; money, time, relationships, technology and gadgets etc.

You have to commit to your career as an artist, be out there when you should, do what you need to do, learn more about your music career, just give it the best you have.

4. Massively Promote Yourself
Promotion is not just for the top artists; it is for everyone. Basically, only few people know you as a musician when you are coming up. That is why you need to massively promote yourself.
Promote Yourself and your craft via social media; frequently create short content like freestyle and covers and post them on social media. Use blogs, radio, television, go to events etc.

5. Mind Your Business
Gossiping about other artists is something you must avoid. Just mind your own business and try to focus on your career.
No matter how it will play to your advantage, learn to listen to rumors and keep them to yourself. never spread rumors about another fellow artist.

If you must talk about your fellow artist either about what they are doing wrong or about mistakes they are making in their career as an artist, you should reach them personally. You can make friends with them and talk about it, may be give them some advice about something true that people are saying about them. But never talk about your fellow artists behind their backs.

6. Be Professional
To be taken seriously, you must be and look serious. Being professional gives you an upper hand in the music world. Although it cost, but you must not be rich to look professional. This is what I mean, having a good lyrical content, get a good graphics designer for your art or learn the skill, wear good clothes and look neat, have a logo, clean looking social media handles, and a website if you can afford one.

See 7,8,9 & 10 Here

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Upcoming Artist Must Do To Be Very Successful In The Nigerian Music by RuggedSniper: 4:09pm On May 27, 2020
AfroCandidus:
10 Things Upcoming Artist Must Do to Be Very Successful in The Nigerian Music Industry

In the well saturated music industry, upcoming artists finds it hard to climb the success ladder. Due to some factors, every day, more new talents are springing forth into music scene.

So, what are the things you must not and do to be outstanding in the Nigerian music industry? This article helped you answer that question, just read on.

1 Know Why You Do Music.
Clarity in whatever we are pursuing is very important and you can’t do without having clarity if you want to succeed in the Nigerian Music Industry.
If you want to be a successful, you must be focused. And to be focused, you must be clear about what you are doing in the music industry.
What do you really want? You can’t tell me you just want to be famous. Fame is one of the rewards, but that’s not enough reason to start your music career.
So, ask yourself “What am I doing in this industry?”

2. Give Out Value
Someone said to me “Lyricists and rappers are great preachers, so remember to talk about social issues, or something that we listeners can connect to.” This is someone who heard my song and advising me.
Value should be one thing your music has, else, you would just be making noise.
What message are you giving out through your songs? How do they appeal to your listeners?
Let your music be out to make impact and you are going to be successful.

3. Give it Your Best shot
As an upcoming artist, you may not have all the resources the popular and already big-time artists have at their disposal. But this is why you must maximize every resource you have; money, time, relationships, technology and gadgets etc.

You have to commit to your career as an artist, be out there when you should, do what you need to do, learn more about your music career, just give it the best you have.

4. Massively Promote Yourself
Promotion is not just for the top artists; it is for everyone. Basically, only few people know you as a musician when you are coming up. That is why you need to massively promote yourself.
Promote Yourself and your craft via social media; frequently create short content like freestyle and covers and post them on social media. Use blogs, radio, television, go to events etc.

5. Mind Your Business
Gossiping about other artists is something you must avoid. Just mind your own business and try to focus on your career.
No matter how it will play to your advantage, learn to listen to rumors and keep them to yourself. never spread rumors about another fellow artist.

If you must talk about your fellow artist either about what they are doing wrong or about mistakes they are making in their career as an artist, you should reach them personally. You can make friends with them and talk about it, may be give them some advice about something true that people are saying about them. But never talk about your fellow artists behind their backs.

6. Be Professional
To be taken seriously, you must be and look serious. Being professional gives you an upper hand in the music world. Although it cost, but you must not be rich to look professional. This is what I mean, having a good lyrical content, get a good graphics designer for your art or learn the skill, wear good clothes and look neat, have a logo, clean looking social media handles, and a website if you can afford one.

See 7,8,9 & 10 Here

(1) (Reply)

Promote Me And Take All The Royalties Realised By Me For A Year. / Tu Face Shoots Down Hypertek Records / Promote Your Music On Naijavibes.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.