Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,824 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim (47627 Views)

Emilio Ballack's Injuries Were So Severe, Those Who Treated Him Are In Trauma / Emilio Ballack Dies In Quad Bike Accident / Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by espn(m): 7:06pm On May 26, 2020
openmine:

When messi was hot?
In oda words,the goals scored by messi last season were all penalties abi?
Arguably the best player in the world is now cold,according to you, and yet that same player scored twice against liverpool at nou camp!
Na wa for una ohh grin grin
Bro let's be realistic here the messi we have now cant wreck havoc on defences like he used to years back...probably because of age...Football is now a joke...If we cant have players that can match messi and Ronaldo at this age...
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:09pm On May 26, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Na so them dey talk. A simple step over their yansh go open yakata.
and you think aunty di Maria won't mess Van dijk up?
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:14pm On May 26, 2020
supercase1:

Drogba will fuckup van dyke any day time or weather,u don't know drogba I guess wink
don't mind the kid,I remember in 2010 vs inter, Walter Samuel and Lucio had to hold hand together locked in order to contain the man Didier.
Puyol suffered from drogba no be small.
One on one,drogba will rough handle van dijk

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by eltata(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2020
paulolee:
lol...i guess dt tweet is fake coming from a professional like micheal ballack, bt lets assume he tweeted it, I think the tweet is soo on point..van dijk is a good defender bt I think he is just soo overated by the over hyping british media to make the world seems that they gat the best defender in thier league bt dnt get me wrong because am taking nothing from the fact that he is the best defender in the league nt not the best in the world...i give him big respect for controlling the liverpool defense with so much confidence and his giant body structure dt do installs fear in some players bt I think he is not up to the level of some defenders like ramos, pique, chiellini, bonucci, godin, thiago silver, john terry, nemanja vidic, puyol, thuram, nesta etc in thier prime n these past defenders wasnt that hyped to the point of winning a ballon d or, the funny thing is that the british media wont mind going ahead to say that van dijk is the best ever, afterall they onced compared hazard n sterling goal ratio on their best seasons last 2 season to ronaldo n messi's performance but we all know how it ended....is it not d same van dijk dt we saw being afraid against f.cb at camp nou n was caught sleeping wen suarez ran inbetween him n d oda defender to score the first goal n was pictured ball watching messi second goal??... was he not taken to d cleaners against salzburg in anfield by dt asian kid dt Liverpool jus signed...if those listed legends are currently in epl expecially d stuborn drogba, hungry henry n dt bully costa, i guess van dijk would work more than this current season bt still be said to be the best defender in epl bcoz none id better than that i have seen for now....my opinion..
Van Dirk is far better than all those guys you mentioned
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2020
toluleke:
I am a die hard liverpool fan but Van Dijk can't really hold Drogba that guy is full of surprises. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Okocha and Robinho those guy they call back destiny too. Dijk misses sometimes just that he doesn't charge at players recklessly
u just reminded me of ROBINHO DE SOUZA.
I was fortunate to watch these men
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by eltata(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2020
ekevwe:

Why rating Van Dirtk this high? He is just playing top football for just 3 yrs now. He is not even a top defender compare to Tony Adams, Jam Stan, Ferdinand, John Terry, Vidic.....

These defenders faced alots of good strikers compare to this modern era that the strikers are very lazy
Modern Strikers are an improved version of the older generations and way better.

2 Likes

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by eltata(m): 7:22pm On May 26, 2020
Seunfretty:
Am sure Henderson was only joking saying that thrash.... cos if his nt den someone should remind him that the only reason. why his also playing in the Liverpool team is cos he can run after the opposition and mark spaces ...his totally an average player same with his boss "van dijk".... am will be here again when he comes out to say van is better than vidic and terry and Ramos...the calibre of defenders in the last 15years are far better than the ones we ave now defensively....offensively and ball passing the new generation could ave an edge cos there is more requirement to every position but the old school defenders are mad men.....
The present day defenders are far better. Football these days it's all about technicalities

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:22pm On May 26, 2020
tonididdy:
chai wetin king Drogba nor go see for retirement.

... who be van dijk?.... chai football is really business nor, no more sport
drogba,the evil presence that can transform joy into Lamentations in matter of seconds with a celebration that will make you want to die,the man is the reason Chelsea fans are Chelsea fans.
Till the final whistle,don't rejoice yet,drogba can turn dreams to nightmares.
And he seem to be a career sadist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by eltata(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2020
Beedude:
So many overrated players we have these days.
How Van dyke came 2nd in Ballon d'or beat my imagination. A player that run away from getting dribbled instead of tackling. Kudos to English press.
To think great defenders like Terry, Puyol, Cavalho, Ramos, R.carlos, Cafu, Vidic, Ferdinand, Nesta. Maldini, Stam, Godin etc never made top 3 all through their careers.
Those players you mentioned were never exceptional. V.D has achieved greatness already within the space of 3 years
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by eltata(m): 7:27pm On May 26, 2020
junketer:
Not as overrated as rashford though. My list of overrated players in england.....rashford takes the cake, abraham follow join. I no even wan mention lingaard sef. Topic.....van dijk is good but will he make a team with the likes of john terry, ramos, cannavaro, nesta, stam, vidic, ferdinand, thiago silva, puyol, carvalho to choose from? I wonder.
Non of these defenders are better than VVD, I mean non. Are you talking about techniques or reading the game or positioning or proper defending on the ball. What exactly?

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:29pm On May 26, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

Audio Liverpool fan...

Did you watch Liverpool vs Chelsea during Skirtel vs Drogba days?
abeg relax I watched the match Martin skrtel was simply going hard tackles on drogba believing that's the best way to stop drogba, during the return leg,riise scored own goal that made Chelsea progress.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Beedude(m): 7:29pm On May 26, 2020
eltata:

Those players you mentioned were never exceptional. V.D has achieved greatness already within the space of 3 years
Indomie generation. Those players weren't exceptional, but VD is exceptional?
When did u start watching soccer?
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by paulolee(m): 7:30pm On May 26, 2020
eltata:

Van Dirk is far better than all those guys you mentioned
ur opinion..mayb u are a new fan and didnt watch those guys on thier prime...van.dirk is better than ramos, puyol, vidic n nesta on thier prime n all were doing well in country n club bt ur man form is only in his club n isnt doing same for his country...u can say dt again
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2020
Playermayweda:
Shey vvd dey mad ni, He wan play against Wayne Rooney,Theirry Henry and expect his life not to spoil, is it because messi did not dribble him last season or he was running away from neymar last season?,I can argue this thing from now on to december that Zaha dribbled van dijk last season, I saw it live
zaha is a wicked boy na
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by eltata(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2020
Mouthpis:
I have always known that vvd is an overated defender.

Can't compare him with those defenders we've seen on our screen in the last 15-20 years.

The kind of dangerous strikers and skillful midfielders we've had in the past will cost lots of damage to the current Liverpool defence.

Ballack is damn right.

I keep on saying it that by the time Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi will resign from active football, that is when football will start loosing it's dominance in the world of sports.

All what they do now is goal, goal and goal. No skillful players of the likes of Ronaldo(Brazil), Ronaldinho, Okocha, Maradona, Deco, Zola and a host of many others.

The only two players who are in the league of the above mentioned Legends are Ronaldo and Messi.

Football is a team sport and the result is win. Present day footballers still got freak skills. E.g Ben Arfa, Allan Saint-Maximin, Boga, Messi, Neymar etc
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2020
Adjovi:

Same vidic that Torres killed���
yes defenders have their nemesis, Torres was vidic'nemesis.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by majiddele75: 7:35pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Very true, seems the quality of football is on a rapid decline. If not, explain why a decent player like Dembele would cost 144million, or Coutinho 160million?
In the world today, how many people can we call "Strikers"? Imagine Erlin Braut Haaland a 19 year old having a price tag of 100 million Euros, Lautaro Martinez 111 million Euros, Mbappe has no price tag and could go for 250 - 300 million pounds easy.
The players today won't even break into the first eleven of most top teams back then. AcMilan, Juve, Inter, Barca, Real Madrid etc are clubs that Jordan Henderson can't even be a reserve player, yet he captains the current champions league holders and would soon be premiership champions.
This is Economics and Inflation, has nothing to do with football
Talking about decline
Was that not the same era when giggs won PFA best player of the season with 2 goals and 7 assists
2 goals in a whole season, an attacker
How many times did drogba get past 20 league goals in his career ??
Kane and Aguero haven’t missed that in years
What are you saying??

2 Likes

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by ProfAmaben(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2020
majiddele75:

This is Economics and Inflation, has nothing to do with football
Talking about decline
Was that not the same era when giggs won PFA best player of the season with 2 goals and 7 assists
2 goals in a whole season, an attacker
How many times did drogba get past 20 league goals in his career ??
Kane and Aguero haven’t missed that in years
What are you saying??
Inflation? I would tilt towards scarcity of talent. Scarcity causes a hike in the price of commodities.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:39pm On May 26, 2020
openmine:

When messi was hot?
In oda words,the goals scored by messi last season were all penalties abi?
Arguably the best player in the world is now cold,according to you, and yet that same player scored twice against liverpool at nou camp!
Na wa for una ohh grin grin
he knew what he was saying,from 2006 to 2009,Messi used to run through the defense of opposition team and score.
Villarreal,getafe, Madrid, Lyon, Bayern.
Go and check,he has relaxed now
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Oyiboman69: 7:40pm On May 26, 2020
[quote author=Teaser4 post=89983401][/quote]

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by eltata(m): 7:41pm On May 26, 2020
elonize:
Well we don't have any decent striker in d world anymore, dey now convert midfielder to striker.I think aguero shud b d last,n also Costa of atm.cant remember d rest.once dey retire.no more decent striker. But during drogba days sha,if van dirk dey DAT time,e for hear am.d battle wil b tuf.van dirk is a good defender,no doubt about it. Any defender dat can put calm in a defense is a good 1.not to mention e scores like a striker too.so those ppo saying he is operated no sabi play ball,or even watch ball.u buy players to add n change d team n van dirk has done dat
You people make me laugh on this forum. Pls pls pls,
The world of soccer has never seen the Calibre of strikers we have in this present generation. Mind you I am an older generation. Those days , there was and still is a very high passion for soccer all over the world, we hear names like Crespo, Batistuta for example but the truth is those guys during their peak are on Mane level. It was just the hype. The generation of soccer has never gotten players on Messi and Ronaldo level based on performance and consistency. I will ask you a question. Do you think the France team than won the 1998 world cup can defeat the one that won the last world cup? Think about it
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by HundredWays(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2020
Adjovi:

Yes for trophy won by the team.....how many individual honours does Ramos have? Let's start from there .
u won undecided
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by oyatainer(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Very true, seems the quality of football is on a rapid decline. If not, explain why a decent player like Dembele would cost 144million, or Coutinho 160million?
In the world today, how many people can we call "Strikers"? Imagine Erlin Braut Haaland a 19 year old having a price tag of 100 million Euros, Lautaro Martinez 111 million Euros, Mbappe has no price tag and could go for 250 - 300 million pounds easy.
The players today won't even break into the first eleven of most top teams back then. AcMilan, Juve, Inter, Barca, Real Madrid etc are clubs that Jordan Henderson can't even be a reserve player, yet he captains the current champions league holders and would soon be premiership champions.

Which football is ín decline. Go and watch football ín those Days and now and di comparison. Football evolves everyday. If ordinary leicester City catch the then Ac Millan, they will rún like. The technical know-how improves everyday. They even watch clips of any teams or star players to observe their strength. Dont bẹ fooled bro. No player has time for unnecessary demeaning skills these Days like then.

2 Likes

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by eltata(m): 7:47pm On May 26, 2020
engrchykae:
can you imagine that Luis Fabiano and Ricardo Kaka were reserve players in 2002.
When in 2000,Etoo couldn't make Madrid first team,loaned to malorca from where he came to Barca.
You are right,football have declined so much.
Soccer is not declining instead on the rise. Those days players were even much hyped. I am an older generation but I know this present guys are more technically better all round. Let me give you an example, Do you think the French team that won the world cup in 1998 can defeat the same French team that won the world cup recently. We have more better players now
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by ProfAmaben(m): 7:49pm On May 26, 2020
oyatainer:

Which football is ín decline. Go and watch football ín those Days and now and di comparison. Football evolves everyday. If ordinary leicester City catch the then Ac Millan, they will rún like. The technical know-how improves everyday. They even watch clips of any teams or star players to observe their strength. Dont bẹ fooled bro. No player has time for unnecessary demeaning skills these Days like then.
I don't dispute your claim, but saying that Leicester would defeat the then AcMilan is simply an abberation. Jamie Vardy won't even make the reserve team of AcMilan, Shevchenko, Hernan Crespo, Phillipo Inzaghi, Serginho were all beasts.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by OJEEMAH(m): 7:51pm On May 26, 2020
Van Dijk is good but Ballack has a point too.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Decimus: 7:53pm On May 26, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
Not from a credible source but why the hate against van Dijk

Sport bible posted it on their IG and mirror picked it up, just like AS reported that kaka said Messi is better than CR7

Cause he has done more than Pogba, Maguire, for his club, overrated ? but he won PFA, champions league and premier league is waiting for him

I’m not a Liverpool supporter but when you see greatness, appreciate
Ballack is right.

VVD is decent tho, but you can't really compare the experience of facing players like Drogba, Tevez, Dzeko, ibra, Rooney, Jelavic, Anelka, Costa, Etoo etc to facing players like Abraham, sterling, James, Rashford, Mount etc.

The second group is made up of indomie boys
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by openmine(m): 7:55pm On May 26, 2020
espn:
Bro let's be realistic here the messi we have now cant wreck havoc on defences like he used to years back...probably because of age...Football is now a joke...If we cant have players that can match messi and Ronaldo at this age...
But even at his peak,there were times when messi could not wreck havoc like you are implying...what happened when chelsea came to nou camp and beat barca....was messi still hot or lukewarm or average?

Yes the world of footy today is in short supply of mercurial players like the messi or ronaldo however, is that the fault of VVD?

Liverpool defence was less than average but as soon as VVD stepped in,he made a relatively average Matip to look like one of the best defenders in the premier league!

Its not just liverpool that have benefited from this colossal figure...Netherlands aka the orange boys had very good strikers but a porous defence...VVD stepped in and solidified the defence!

Aguero,regarded as the best foreign player in English prem league due to his prolific exploits in mancity this season, has been scoring goals for fun...once he met liverpool and VVD this season,his scoring boots went blunt!
Lets give honour to whom its due!

Its not his fault that the strikers in the premier league are afraid of him!

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by oyatainer(m): 7:57pm On May 26, 2020
Adjovi:

No mind them can they compare strikers during them George best era to those of them Owen and down to them Henry and co? Football is evolving, you can't compare the way they play then to now. How many of those past players were as skillful as them ronaldinho, Ronaldo , messi ? None. If the so called greatest of all time Messi and Ronaldo could not get past van dijk who is drogba? In fact drogba will be the easiest to mark for him amongst all of them. Drogba is not skillful just strength and van dijk always wins against any striker that relies on strength/ power.

Who tells you they don’t get past him. Liverpool benefit from youthful and most player ín their peak. Messi got past him at Nou camp and scired two. The same thing Ronaldo's team, though He didn’t score.
For Barca, they have problem now because 7 out of eleven players have past thier peak they are already 31 and more. The same thing happened to them at Rome. Was VvD ín Roma team too. Its their dimestic problem. They can play but not for long before they gas out. It is happening tó mean Tóò. The skill is there but energy has declined
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by paulooo3(m): 7:57pm On May 26, 2020
saasala:
Henderson is a mad man for spewing that thrash
ok
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2020
Decimus:
Ballack is right.

VVD is decent tho, but you can't really compare the experience of facing players like Drogba, Tevez, Dzeko, ibra, Rooney, Jelavic, Anelka, Costa, Etoo etc to facing players like Abraham, sterling, James, Rashford, Mount etc.

The second group is made up of indomie boys

The news is not from a credible source but He faced aguero, aubemeyang, vardy, kane, diego costa, lewandoski, Suarez or is it his fault he didn’t play during drogba era

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Want Kalim & Nazim Amokachi, My Twin Sons To Play For Nigeria- Daniel Amokachi / Ronaldo's Last-Gasp Goal Saves His Side / Odartey Lamptey Discovers 3 Of His Kids Are Not His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.