Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim (47651 Views)

Emilio Ballack's Injuries Were So Severe, Those Who Treated Him Are In Trauma / Emilio Ballack Dies In Quad Bike Accident / Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by openmine(m): 8:08pm On May 26, 2020
engrchykae:
he knew what he was saying,from 2006 to 2009,Messi used to run through the defense of opposition team and score.
Villarreal,getafe, Madrid, Lyon, Bayern.
Go and check,he has relaxed now
why didnt you mention chelsea in the champions league where barca lost at nou camp?
Lets stop making these baseless arguments!
If barca had won liverpool last season and qualified for the finals,you would have changed the narrative!
Was it not the same messi that scored a goal and a lovely freekick at nou camp which gave barca an advantage in the first leg?
Go and also watch the second leg at anfield,messi was tactically crowded by the combination of Matip,henderson,fabinho and milner!
Messi is still a great player just like the year range that you mentioned...he even has more goals now than he had during the range that you mentioned!
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Pharaohny: 8:15pm On May 26, 2020
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD

VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD

VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD

VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD

VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Pharaohny: 8:17pm On May 26, 2020
VVD
VVD
VVD

VVD

VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD

VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD

VVD
VVD

VVD

VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD

VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
VVD
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Teaser4(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2020
Oyiboman69:
thunder faya you dia

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Proudlytips: 8:24pm On May 26, 2020
Oh
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Temysteve(m): 8:32pm On May 26, 2020
GistmeBlog:
Didier Drogba Fires Back, Says Van Dijk Wouldn't Last A Minute With Him, See His Comments HERE
another fake news abi, nkan mue
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by FuckAllTheMODs: 8:44pm On May 26, 2020
engrchykae:
abeg relax I watched the match Martin skrtel was simply going hard tackles on drogba believing that's the best way to stop drogba, during the return leg,riise scored own goal that made Chelsea progress.

The own goal was not his fault, so?
And Liverpool forwards including midfielders lose opportunities both home and away in that fixtures.
The question is, shey the guy cage Drogba... Yes/No?
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by sylve11: 8:48pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Very true, seems the quality of football is on a rapid decline. If not, explain why a decent player like Dembele would cost 144million, or Coutinho 160million?
In the world today, how many people can we call "Strikers"? Imagine Erlin Braut Haaland a 19 year old having a price tag of 100 million Euros, Lautaro Martinez 111 million Euros, Mbappe has no price tag and could go for 250 - 300 million pounds easy.
The players today won't even break into the first eleven of most top teams back then. AcMilan, Juve, Inter, Barca, Real Madrid etc are clubs that Jordan Henderson can't even be a reserve player, yet he captains the current champions league holders and would soon be premiership champions.

True talk. Football quality is on the decline. cool
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by sylve11: 8:55pm On May 26, 2020
Seunfretty:
why his also playing in the Liverpool team is cos he can run after the opposition and mark spaces ...his totally an average player same with his boss "van dijk".... .....

Lol grin cool
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Elitecee(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2020
Seriously, of recent, the strikers in premier League are mostly young and inexperience compare to what it used to be. Imagine van Dirk facing the front duo of Man utd and Chelsea 2008-2009 squad. Even his Oga "Carragher" can testify.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by RTSC: 9:01pm On May 26, 2020
Adjovi:

Salah broke the all time record of EPL and they don't play the same position.
Salah is not a traditional winger. He is a false 9 with allowance to free roam.

So yes, they are comparable.

You did not answer my question.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Magnumproperty: 9:01pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:

I don't dispute your claim, but saying that Leicester would defeat the then AcMilan is simply an abberation. Jamie Vardy won't even make the reserve team of AcMilan, Shevchenko, Hernan Crespo, Phillipo Inzaghi, Serginho were all beasts.
Those guys u mentioned are beasts in human skin. There is dis guy that played for Holland back then, that guy too naaa beast. No more good players again this days except CR7 and Messi.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Femeto: 9:06pm On May 26, 2020
Drogba wey dey shoot from midfield during him time self dey talk. They had wack defenders back then. We now have better technically gifted defenders and strikers now.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Very true, seems the quality of football is on a rapid decline. If not, explain why a decent player like Dembele would cost 144million, or Coutinho 160million?
In the world today, how many people can we call "Strikers"? Imagine Erlin Braut Haaland a 19 year old having a price tag of 100 million Euros, Lautaro Martinez 111 million Euros, Mbappe has no price tag and could go for 250 - 300 million pounds easy.
The players today won't even break into the first eleven of most top teams back then. AcMilan, Juve, Inter, Barca, Real Madrid etc are clubs that Jordan Henderson can't even be a reserve player, yet he captains the current champions league holders and would soon be premiership champions.

It is there time

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by elonize(m): 9:19pm On May 26, 2020
eltata:

You people make me laugh on this forum. Pls pls pls,
The world of soccer has never seen the Calibre of strikers we have in this present generation. Mind you I am an older generation. Those days , there was and still is a very high passion for soccer all over the world, we hear names like Crespo, Batistuta for example but the truth is those guys during their peak are on Mane level. It was just the hype. The generation of soccer has never gotten players on Messi and Ronaldo level based on performance and consistency. I will ask you a question. Do you think the France team than won the 1998 world cup can defeat the one that won the last world cup? Think about it
if u like b ancient of days.na d fact b dat,n which mane level r u talking about, UCL is not even like bfor,d way it was so hot n tensed.now u wana mention Ronaldo n messi consistency,did their consistency bring world cup to their respective countries. Wl
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by elonize(m): 9:21pm On May 26, 2020
Femeto:
Drogba wey dey shoot from midfield during him time self dey talk. They had wack defenders back then. We now have better technically gifted defenders and strikers now.
vidic na whack defenders abi, u wen dey run ur mouth,u no even sabi play ball.go n mark drogba na.Mr whack defenders. Was carragher a whack defender.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Femeto: 9:29pm On May 26, 2020
elonize:
vidic na whack defenders abi, u wen dey run ur mouth,u no even sabi play ball.go n mark drogba na.Mr whack defenders. Was carragher a whack defender.
U no play reach 10 percent of football wey I play. I even played in England. Wetin Carragher win for Liverpool? He even rates VVD better than him
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by jaephoenix(m): 9:53pm On May 26, 2020
Beedude:
So many overrated players we have these days.
How Van dyke came 2nd in Ballon d'or beat my imagination. A player that run away from getting dribbled instead of tackling. Kudos to English press.
To think great defenders like Terry, Puyol, Cavalho, Ramos, R.carlos, Cafu, Vidic, Ferdinand, Nesta. Maldini, Stam, Godin etc never made top 3 all through their careers.
No transformer to hug?
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by charlesm91(m): 10:16pm On May 26, 2020
Seunfretty:
I will be hear next season wen attackers start tearing into there almighty Van dijk.....I kept telling pple the prowess of a defender is in a dependant on the team in which his playing.....forget it the Liverpool team is compact....every player in that first team asides there front 3 is tough and a marker ....they close every space fast en that's y u will rarely see "van" get exposes....the only stand out thing I see in him is his leadership and ability coordinate the defence....put van djik in an arsenal or city team and u will see him torn apart anyhow game after game...that's one of the reason I respect Ramos....although I ain't a Madrid fan....he plays in a team that plays free flowing football with less defensive team mates and he still cleans shit up here and there and even gets red card for his team ...van djik isn't close to this class of defendees
get ya self a chilled beer this night. You said and explained the Madrid defense and Ramos situation accurately. I always tell people have you wondered why Ramos barely gets red when playing for Spain but at Madrid its chaotic cos of the nature of their play coupled with the demands of the Bernabeu. VVD that barely launches into tackles will be forced to on a regularly basis and end up carded most times were he to play for Madrid.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by espn(m): 10:19pm On May 26, 2020
openmine:

But even at his peak,there were times when messi could not wreck havoc like you are implying...what happened when chelsea came to nou camp and beat barca....was messi still hot or lukewarm or average?

Yes the world of footy today is in short supply of mercurial players like the messi or ronaldo however, is that the fault of VVD?

Liverpool defence was less than average but as soon as VVD stepped in,he made a relatively average Matip to look like one of the best defenders in the premier league!

Its not just liverpool that have benefited from this colossal figure...Netherlands aka the orange boys had very good strikers but a porous defence...VVD stepped in and solidified the defence!

Aguero,regarded as the best foreign player in English prem league due to his prolific exploits in mancity this season, has been scoring goals for fun...once he met liverpool and VVD this season,his scoring boots went blunt!
Lets give honour to whom its due!

Its not his fault that the strikers in the premier league are afraid of him!
I partially agree with you...I will mention you next season when he starts flopping...consistency bro...Let's see how long he will last before we place him among d greatest...
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Adjovi: 10:26pm On May 26, 2020
oyatainer:

Who tells you they don’t get past him. Liverpool benefit from youthful and most player ín their peak. Messi got past him at Nou camp and scired two. The same thing Ronaldo's team, though He didn’t score.
For Barca, they have problem now because 7 out of eleven players have past thier peak they are already 31 and more. The same thing happened to them at Rome. Was VvD ín Roma team too. Its their dimestic problem. They can play but not for long before they gas out. It is happening tó mean Tóò. The skill is there but energy has declined

Where and when did Messi get past him.. I'll like to see it... It's already obvious you did not watch the match...
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by dumininu01(m): 10:26pm On May 26, 2020
openmine:
League never start but people cannot take their banter away from liverpool! grin grin

"When nobody talks about you,then you are nobody" grin grin

These trolls will never let liverpool drink water and keep cup....is it their fault that they are 25 points ahead of the second placed team that happens to be the defending champions mancity in a highly competitive english premier league?
These same trolls here once nicknamed liverpool as the 'nearly' team....they even tagged liverpool with YNWA 'You Will Never Win Anything' grin
Today liverpool have clinched three major trophies while hoping to clinch the elusive English premier league title and they have suddenly changed the narrative!
Is it their fault that they have a group of professionals who who play for each other while heavily coach by one of the best managers in the world in jurgen klopp?

As for the simplified and colossal defender VVD.....the reason why there are too many banters is because he is doing something right!
Are the trolls saying that Aguero or Jesus are not good strikers?
Are they also saying lewandoski is an average striker simply because VVd got the better of him last year?
I am not here to hype or compare VVD with other defenders but he is currently the best in that position and has no rival for now...those who are saying VVD is overhyped will gladly and joyfully welcome him to their club! FACT tongue tongue
Exactly bro...
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by openmine(m): 10:39pm On May 26, 2020
espn:
I partially agree with you...I will mention you next season when he starts flopping...consistency bro...Let's see how long he will last before we place him among d greatest...
Hmmmm....okay
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by dumininu01(m): 10:48pm On May 26, 2020
openmine:

But even at his peak,there were times when messi could not wreck havoc like you are implying...what happened when chelsea came to nou camp and beat barca....was messi still hot or lukewarm or average?

Yes the world of footy today is in short supply of mercurial players like the messi or ronaldo however, is that the fault of VVD?

Liverpool defence was less than average but as soon as VVD stepped in,he made a relatively average Matip to look like one of the best defenders in the premier league!

Its not just liverpool that have benefited from this colossal figure...Netherlands aka the orange boys had very good strikers but a porous defence...VVD stepped in and solidified the defence!

Aguero,regarded as the best foreign player in English prem league due to his prolific exploits in mancity this season, has been scoring goals for fun...once he met liverpool and VVD this season,his scoring boots went blunt!
Lets give honour to whom its due!

Its not his fault that the strikers in the premier league are afraid of him!
hazard said his toughest opponent was van dijk.. People are just hating on vvd... Even kompany rated him highly
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by dumininu01(m): 10:53pm On May 26, 2020
charlesm91:
get ya self a chilled beer this night. You said and explained the Madrid defense and Ramos situation accurately. I always tell people have you wondered why Ramos barely gets red when playing for Spain but at Madrid its chaotic cos of the nature of their play coupled with the demands of the Bernabeu. VVD that barely launches into tackles will be forced to on a regularly basis and end up carded most times were he to play for Madrid.
bro Ramos and pepe are animals grin grin why is varane not getting red carded too?
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by elonize(m): 11:13pm On May 26, 2020
Femeto:
U no play reach 10 percent of football wey I play. I even played in England. Wetin Carragher win for Liverpool? He even rates VVD better than him
if u play more Dan I do,den u for nor dey talk dis word u talk.I dey ask u y their consistency never bring dem world cup
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Ochuksbaba(m): 11:17pm On May 26, 2020
Shezkid01:

I swear.. with those players 7/10 are from England
Yet England national team is shit

Yeah shit team that made semi finals in the last world cup , while your super dragons were catwalking and winning best models and prayer warriors ,crap for yasef
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Ochuksbaba(m): 11:22pm On May 26, 2020
Seunfretty:
I will be hear next season wen attackers start tearing into there almighty Van dijk.....I kept telling pple the prowess of a defender is in a dependant on the team in which his playing.....forget it the Liverpool team is compact....every player in that first team asides there front 3 is tough and a marker ....they close every space fast en that's y u will rarely see "van" get exposes....the only stand out thing I see in him is his leadership and ability coordinate the defence....put van djik in an arsenal or city team and u will see him torn apart anyhow game after game...that's one of the reason I respect Ramos....although I ain't a Madrid fan....he plays in a team that plays free flowing football with less defensive team mates and he still cleans shit up here and there and even gets red card for his team ...van djik isn't close to this class of defendees

U call Varane ,Marcelo,Carvajal et all ,LESS DEFENSIVE TEAM MATES??
meaning
Arnold,Mario,Lovren ,Gomez are your definition of MORE DEFENSIVE TEAM MATES

WHO is ur weed supplier ?
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by iamimohtal(m): 11:36pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Na wa ooo.....hw much u cost ?
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Seunfretty: 11:49pm On May 26, 2020
Ochuksbaba:

meaning

....OK...I ave question for you sir.....can u compare Arnold's defensive prowess and recovery rate to that of calvajal...or Robertsons"s one on one marking ability to that of Marcelo.....wen I make a point ...I make it cos I knw wat am saying....."THE STYLE OF fOOTBALL A TEAM PLAYS COUPLED WITH THE TRAITS OF PLAYERS THEY POSSESS SOMETIMES DETERMINES HOW SOLID THEY WILL BE DEFENSIVELY ".....van djik is a wonderful player but put him in an Arsenal team pks and see how much trouble he will run into....his playing in a team that reduces his work load...kindly ask yourself how many times do you see him make a tackle..." each time you see a center back nt making a tackle just knw some other players are doing that in the team"....during the mourinho Chelsea era Chelsea's defense was crazily good and pple always commend...but they forget Chelsea has a team were dirty...its nt only about terry and maib Cahill...but about lampard...Mikel....essien...ballack....Ramirez...blocking and snuffing attacks
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Seunfretty: 11:55pm On May 26, 2020
Ochuksbaba:

meaning

....OK...I ave question for you sir.....can u compare Arnold's defensive prowess and recovery rate to that of calvajal...or Robertsons"s one on one marking ability to that of Marcelo.....wen I make a point ...I make it cos I knw wat am saying....."THE STYLE OF fOOTBALL A TEAM PLAYS COUPLED WITH THE TRAITS OF PLAYERS THEY POSSESS SOMETIMES DETERMINES HOW SOLID THEY WILL BE DEFENSIVELY ".....van djik is a wonderful player but put him in an Arsenal team pks and see how much trouble he will run into....his playing in a team that reduces his work load...kindly ask yourself how many times do you see him make a tackle..." each time you see a center back nt making a tackle just knw some other players are doing that in the team"....during the mourinho Chelsea era Chelsea's defense was crazily good and pple always commend...but they forget Chelsea has a team were dirty...its nt only about terry and maib Cahill...but about lampard...Mikel....essien...ballack....Ramirez...blocking and snuffing out attacks even before they are been initiated... they ave players all over the field who are even good enough to command a backline and this makes them so strong to breakdown...look at the athletico Madrid team ...they don't ave a spectacular play but they ave players who has a defensive technical know how from defence to attack .. .that doesn't mean they ave the best center backs ...the only thing that will make me rate can djik close to terry ...vidic and other great defenders is if he can be consistent for another 4years ....yes ..then he will in the league. ...he was once in Southampton and wasn't by any means special....consistency is key

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Reacts As His Goal Is Nominated For World Cup Goal Of The Tournament / Odartey Lamptey Discovers 3 Of His Kids Are Not His / Pictures Of Mcgregor And Mayweather Compared To Titanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.