Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw (1472 Views)

Have You Seen Or Eaten Albino Cucumbers Before? (Photos) / One-pan Leafy Greens Chicken / Get Your Leafy And Exotic Vegetables In Any Quantity Straight From The Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by excanny: 7:44pm On May 26, 2020
Do you know any indigenous Nigerian leafy vegetables that can be eaten raw?
Will appreciate some. Thanks
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by DonBenny77(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2020
Garden egg leaf

1 Like

Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by excanny: 8:11pm On May 26, 2020
DonBenny77:
Garden egg leaf
OK. Any other ones?
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by chii8(f): 8:12pm On May 26, 2020
Bitter leaf, especially when you want to purge or detox your stomach.
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by excanny: 8:16pm On May 26, 2020
chii8:

No no. I need something good tasting I can mix with onions and chopped chilli to eat with boiled spaghetti/macaroni.
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by DonBenny77(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2020
excanny:

OK. Any other ones?
Fluted pumpkin aka ugu
Water leaf
Scent leaf
Wild spinach
Lagos spinach
Spring onions
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by mii4u(f): 9:35pm On May 26, 2020
DonBenny77:

Fluted pumpkin aka ugu
Water leaf
Scent leaf
Wild spinach
Lagos spinach
Spring onions
Can they be eaten raw?
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by chii8(f): 9:41pm On May 26, 2020
excanny:

No no. I need something good tasting I can mix with onions and chopped chilli to eat with boiled spaghetti/macaroni.

Lol.... Nigeria don't have much of what you are looking for,until a relative of mine who is schooling in China chatting me and told me how she has tasted a lot of sweet vegetables. That's also why we don't eat right in this country.
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by DonBenny77(m): 9:47pm On May 26, 2020
mii4u:

Can they be eaten raw?
Yes
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by mii4u(f): 9:54pm On May 26, 2020
DonBenny77:

Yes
Really... Didn't know abt dat. Tnx for educating me
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by Nobody: 7:33am On May 27, 2020
chii8:

Lol.... Nigeria don't have much of what you are looking for,until a relative of mine who is schooling in China chatting me and told me how she has tasted a lot of sweet vegetables. That's also why we don't eat right in this country.

Yeah... sure... we see how the Chinese "eat right" a lot.

That's why the Wuhan "seafood" market became world-famous. undecided

Meanwhile, OP try wee'
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by Onebabe(f): 7:35am On May 27, 2020
chii8:
you can't eat better leaf raw. It's too bitter. It can affect the liver

1 Like

Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by Nobody: 7:37am On May 27, 2020
Onebabe:

I wonder how people cook with that nonsense shrub to start with.
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by Galactico4ever(m): 7:41am On May 27, 2020
Onebabe:
Smart and pretty.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by Onebabe(f): 7:42am On May 27, 2020
mansakhalifa:

I wonder how people cook with that nonsense shrub to start with.
you can fry it or boil it
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by Emmafly(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2020
Good morning,

I have ugu leaves for sale directly from the farm. order for any quantity. though at least a sizeable quantity. can supply anywhere within lagos. My farm location is at ikorodu. I will also embark on large scale dry season ugu farming by November, so potential buyers should also keep this number.

08183549869- Emmanuel.
Re: I Need A List Of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables That Can Be Eaten Raw by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2020
Efirin

(1) (Reply)

The Food I Bought With #700 / Snackables / Maggi Cookery Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.