Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69453 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Obedinho130: 12:14pm On May 31, 2020
Mcslize:

The thing is that marriages these days are like gambles. So many divorces. But I have realized that witnesses hardly divorce and their marriages last longer than any christian group I have seen so far. Have you not noticed that? My aunt was telling me that if I want peace of mind, that I should marry a witness. I am beginning to see some lights in what she said. Their wives are always loyal. You will hardly see a witness wife being divorced due to infidelity except few of the young girls that are still in school do keep boyfriends. But once they get married, they are always loyal. And I have really been thinking deeply whether to follow my aunt's advice.
Marry one of them. You have 90 percent chance of having rest of mind

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Mutaultope(m): 12:14pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Didn't you say your pastor narrated that you? How are you now sure that it happened the way you posted it? Na wa for you people o. See help yourself, find a Jehovah's Witnesses, let him explain and help you to understand why they don't offer public public at doorsteps when they go for preaching. If you can't, believe narrations in peace.

A pastor friend ..... well the truth side I can say but I believe it happened
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2020
freecocoa:
Jehovah witnesses, are among the dumbest sets of religious people out there.

I really wonder how grown adults follow stupid rules, made my men. The thing dey shock me, any adult who doesn't know by now, that religion as a whole, is a sham, will never have sense again.

That's how one JW neighbor of mine, almost fought me, because I said we must donate blood to her, if she needed it, mumu said we should let her die instead.
Dumbest set of religious people you say grin I believe you think you are smarter than they are.
Then I would advice you to continue your life and leave them alone in their dumb state.
Btw did your neighbor die? Pls complete the story let us see the effect of her dumbness
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by omoharry(f): 12:16pm On May 31, 2020
Tboymessiah:

This is one of the reasons, I left Jehovah witness, am not myself then.....they behave strange, my character is not normal while with then.
grin grin grin grin grin.Thank God the left them.They are something else .

4 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Olatlaccon(m): 12:17pm On May 31, 2020
iKingsley:
Same religion, different ways. Who says I can't eat Garri with fork and knife? grin
Bad nigarrrrrr
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Cousin9999: 12:17pm On May 31, 2020
Why did you post an interracial family? That's disgusting.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 12:18pm On May 31, 2020
Futurejoy:

I know of some of their sisters that are unmarried but one strikes me the most. The lady is almost 36 and she is still unmarried cos she has turned down suitors just because they don’t carry umbrellas and bags. She even confessed that most JW “brothers” like to chop and clean mouth. When I hear JW, I see a gathering of eye servicers and like they call them “Jehovah wickedness
Jehovah wickedness? Na wa oh, if you don't like JWs, no problem. Sha respect the owner of that name "Jehovah" , no be jw get that name, as a mortal man don't start what you can't finish o

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Futurejoy(f): 12:21pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Jehovah wickedness? Na wa oh, if you don't like JWs, no problem. Sha respect the owner of that "Jehovah" , no be jw get that name, as a mortal man don't start what you can finish o
Keep quiet jare. Did I manufacture the name or can’t you read

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 12:22pm On May 31, 2020
Mutaultope:

A pastor friend ..... well the truth side I can say but I believe it happened

Alright, Please keep doing what you doing I can clearly see kind of person you choose to become. No insult intended. For me,I choose to believe truth based on evidence not hear say and narrations.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 31, 2020
Ferdyn:
it's because God was never created and can never be destroyed. His birth and death were just portals of transforming from one form to another. I mean you are made in his image, so even you yourself can't die. Your body is dust, so it will only be alive until you separate from it. And perhaps unlike science you cant fit the ways of God into your brains like that of specimen in test tubes. He said his presence signifies salvation and his death signifies mercy, don't bother understanding, it would have been herculean for people of old to understand the earth is round not flat you know. Just believe as see how God unravels the whole mystery to you with time. Pahaps look around you and see the beauty that emanates from those that serve God in spirit and in truth even if they got little. I don't think that's void of mercy you know.

Lol..just answer one of the questions na!!!When god was crucified who was controlling the world??
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 12:22pm On May 31, 2020
tumababa:
But you dont believe in going to heaven after u die
They believe that very soon the earth will be eradicated of bad people and turned to paradise. palsm 37:10,11
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Breakiglimits: 12:22pm On May 31, 2020
Colour your life with an amazing E-commerce company join our team to know more

https:///GkRjKGqP4hOIPb1RV33R2e

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 31, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
No blood transfusion. So if I am shot on the roadside and some good fellows rushed me into a nearby health facility. I'll explain to the doctor that I need no blood transfusion and will rather die than accept blood from a donor grin

Even as a Catholic no be every Catholic doctrine I dey swallow. I do religion with my common sense wink
I know quite a lot of them that dont die because of the refusal of blood transfusions..They take erythropoietin and other blood builders and come out fine.

They undergo surgery without transfusion, infact i know of a case where a child has two holes in the heart ,they did the operation in India successfully without transfusion....

I am not in anyway a JW member but i respect their religion and boundaries..

They are loveable people.

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2020
Futurejoy:

Keep quiet jare. Did I manufacture the name or can’t you read
You seem slow in comprehension, not my fault though.
Futurejoy wickedness
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Lukaku95: 12:24pm On May 31, 2020
Emmaomotob:
See what people are using their brainpower for, instead of solving the day-to-day problems of the citizens, such as environmental pollution, hunger, disease, road congestion, water supply etc. cry
oga how many problem you don solve ?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sly100: 12:27pm On May 31, 2020
Hotzone:
I respect them...
To be a witness, nnaa, u must carry ur Gucci bag join body for what they called “pioneer service”.
Even though I am not with them any longer but I still respect most of their values and through them, I learnt how to dress like a gentleman which has helped me in my career
Why did you leave?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by martjay(m): 12:27pm On May 31, 2020
[quote author=Kingpele post=90151426] grin well I don't judge anyone belief, God alone is the judge but I strongly disagree with most of thier beliefs, this is why Jesus said u shall know the truth and it will set u free, Jesus could not have used the parable of Lazarus and the rich man in hell fire if hell fire is not real, anyone that know Jesus is the only one who will understand that Jesus does not joke with words, all his parable is based on reality either of things we could see or the things we can't see... I won't allow a white man whom Satan had decieved to make me believe that sinful souls won't end up in hell... Just imagine if u die only to realized u were decieved... Jesus is the truth and life forever [/quote/]

It was a story, not parable, just to prove that it is serious.

(1)They believed that it's 144,000 people that are going to heaven. But Revelation 7:9-17 said otherwise. The throne as we know is in heaven, not earth, the people here are in the throne of God which is heaven. Verse 15 says that these people would live in the throne morning and night.

(2)About heaven and hell, the Bible cannot contradict itself. Revelation 20:11-15 clearly stated the judgment that will given to both good and bad people. If there is no hell, Jesus would not have made emphasis on, during his earthly ministry and the story between Lazarus and a rich man. Jesus Christ is not a liar.

(3)If they said there is no real date for the birth of Jesus, can they please give us the date on which Jesus was born? Because we want to celebrate our Saviour who accepted to come and suffered an excruciating pain just to save us of our sins. And what is the difference between birthday and anniversary in which they cerebrated?

(4)In Isaiah 28:7, it's clearly stated that consuming strong drink (alcohol) is not good no matter what you believe. Read also Isaiah 5:22-25.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freeman1010: 12:28pm On May 31, 2020
There is nothing like misconception here,
JW do not preach Jesus and as such can not be said to be Christians.
Remember the Bible says no one will enter the kingdom of God except through Jesus.
And the name.
Christians are those who follow the foot steps of Jesus Acts 11 25-26.
But I agree with JW on the issue of celebration of festivals as it is optional but also will disagree with them for criticizing those that hold celebration cause it has roots.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by blowjohn(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

is there anyone speaking in tongues today?......not the meaningless words type

I don't normally worship with any group but I read the Bible.

if you read your Bible clearly, you will understand that speaking in tongues has served it purpose and may have ended

'May?'
But the OP didnt deny the fact that many still speak in tongues today. He only said many r fake.
And he never said it has ended.

Where in the bible prompted u to think speaking in tongues has served its purpose may have ended?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by femi4: 12:31pm On May 31, 2020
On blood transfusion, your foolishness is A+

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by kinethic: 12:31pm On May 31, 2020
paltielx:
At matthew 20:23 Jesus was asked to give James and John a lofty position heaven, but he answered that it does not belong to him to do so but his father who at that time was in Heaven. So be sincere to Yourself, was Jesus a materialized God?

I know you people very well and how you operate. Nobody can argue with you all and get a head because of indoctrination. Jesus said I and my father are one, God needs a perfect sacrifice so he sent himself in the form of Christ Jesus. Only a holy and perfect blood is needed. They are one both in will and purpose. Thomas worshipped Christ and called my Lord and my God.
Brother get out of that cult or else you will have yourself to blame. I know what you don't know about them that time and space won't be enough. You are a just a mole and nothing.
Ask questions, think for yourself and find king james version or others not the Jehovah witness bible. Written to indoctrinate members.
get off now or else you aren't returning.

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Shytreasure(m): 12:33pm On May 31, 2020
LegalOpinion:
Simple question. Do you do blood transfusion or not, you are talking about something else.

If you took time to read genesis 9:4, and leviticus 7:26 which says in part " you must not eat blood" (and you will agree with me that it's not until a drunk take alcohol through mouth before we can say he still drink, he still does even if he have it injected into his system), then you will understand why jehovah's witnesses have maintained that stand when it comes to blood transfusion.

Now, Would you say we completely obey God if we have some of his laws bent just because we want to suit ourselves or our lives are at stake?

Fine we may preserve our lives, yes capital "MAY"! Reason being that blood transfusions does not always preserve lives, not to even mention some terrible illness that do surface after blood transfusion. This is what some of us have experienced and seen.

Jehovahs witness do try as much as possible despite their imperfect state, to maintain a clean conscience in a world where they are faced with circumstances that almost make that impossible.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by IamAsiri: 12:34pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

did the Bible not tell it is better to remain silent instead speaking in tongues that no one in your audience understand? no one can interpret.

since no one can really speak many tongues with the help of the holy Spirit, is it not clear to you that it has actually ended?

speaking in tongues already served it purpose in the days of the apostles. now you can learn any language you need if you are interested in preaching to any particular land

Lol. So funny. You just made my day which these clownish words you uttered grin grin grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by ma373733(m): 12:35pm On May 31, 2020
Lovelies1:

Understand this speaking in tongues means language you are not conversant with or understand but you were able to speak the language which another will hear and understand

Many times the Bible talked about speaking in tongues talking of speaking in another language another person understand.honestly I don't understand this our mordern Christian speaking in tongues
Act 2:4-6 was clear about it
NIV:All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
NIV:Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.
NIV:When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken

Corinthians 14 cleared the air
If anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret.
If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Futurejoy(f): 12:35pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

You seem slow in comprehension, not my fault though.
Futurejoy wickedness
Lol...stupidity looks good on you. I don’t mind using you to catch cruise this afternoon
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1Sharon(f): 12:35pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

Truth: Witnesses put much faith in doing God's will. Sorry to disappoint you, they love their children and loved ones. In fact, medical practitioners agree that it is not safe either, and no guarantee of living well or surviving as no blood samples really match another. Besides, there are other non-blood media. Coming to think of it, Witnesses put faith in the resurrection. Yes, so why worry of this wicked world?

Stop lying on medical practitioners ! Which Doctor says this shit??

Cult.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 12:37pm On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:

So why do the jehovah witnesses not speak tongues?
Ur still beating about the bush
Speaking in tongues was meant for unbelievers that don't understand your language, today JW is in over 240 lands who speaks thousand of languages which JW in such land will discuss with them
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by pseudonomer: 12:37pm On May 31, 2020
Lovelies1:
There is one more thing he didn't add which is Jehovah witness believe that Jehovah created Jesus opposing to Christian that Jesus is Lord and the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three in one person

Anyone who needs this PDF to clear all doubt that the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is one should indicate

Op if you are interested to understand indicate

John 1:1-5.

“In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God...”

Vs 14: “And the Word became flesh....”

If you don’t believe in this... then...

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1Sharon(f): 12:38pm On May 31, 2020
Sultty:
Myth:- why do Jehovah witnesses not recite national anthems are there trying to break away from naija?

They don't vote either cheesy

They reject the government
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sacajawea: 12:42pm On May 31, 2020
explosiveskull:

Yes, some of their girls are none Nigerians and fabulous. Am dating one now.
Non-Nigerians In Nigeria? So you are hitting that JW coochie
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by CurvyDestiny7: 12:42pm On May 31, 2020
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by femi4: 12:42pm On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:

'May?'
But the OP didnt deny the fact that many still speak in tongues today. He only said many r fake.
And he never said it has ended.

Where in the bible prompted u to think speaking in tongues has served its purpose may have ended?
That's stupid excuse. You don't engage in something cos fake exist. Didnt we have fake prayers, fake water baptism, fake fasting etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (44) (Reply)

American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing / Abraham Daniels: Sacked Dunamis Pastor Blasts Pastors. Calls Them 'Businessmen' / Commotion In RCCG Single Dating Group (Read Chat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.